Lupe Fiasco - The Cool (2007)

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What Do Yall Think?
5 stars 400 57.14%
4 stars 183 26.14%
3 stars 44 6.29%
2 stars 24 3.43%
1 star 49 7.00%
Voters: 700. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-13-2007, 09:32 PM         #101
rescartin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
album of the effing year!

to bad it came so late in the year.. but the wait was worth it!

go gadget flow.. siiiiiiiick!

the entire album is sick!

got my copy.. i suggest you get yours!

:D
 12-13-2007, 09:35 PM         #102
rescartin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

lupe the k!ller k!lled it on this one!
 10 years ago '04        #103
Dee 
space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 0 0
Lupe has dug up hip hop out the grave.
 10 years ago '07        #104
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
Favorite track: Hip Hop saved my life.
 10 years ago '04        #105
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 majormarcj said:
Alotta you n*ggas throw the word "classic" around every tuesday...Imma Lupe Fan..first listen definitely not better than The Solution, or Free at Last...Track that stands out "Streets on Fire"
Wow, I guess it's all about what you are listening for because neither one of them dudes can come close to fu*king with Lu lyrically. They can't make a Hip-Hop Saved my Life or Paris, Tokyo if they tried.

Anyway Bishop G's verse on Little Weapon was :wow:. Loved the video game references. Album gets better with each listen. You have to truly listen to this album. You can't listen while doing something else because you won't absorb anything.

I'm on the lookout for any leftover tracks, anyone heard of any?
 10 years ago '04        #106
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Gerry said:
Sick album..lupe is that dude..well till joey drops..

Album of the year..so faaarrrrr....

4/5
Damn dude is never dropping an album, I'll be glad when yall dudes get over that already.
 10 years ago '05        #107
stayfocus18 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,145 | Props total: 354 354
Support this album.....look at all the bullsh*t that came out this year...smh... this is real music ...not just hip-hop
 10 years ago '05        #108
truflipsoulja 
space
space
$396 | Props total: 0 0
On the real...4.75 / 5

I haven't rated any album this high since ( i cant even remember ) . From baba's intro to free chilly, the beat was bangin' and yea it should have been a full track.

Go go gadget flow was a good start up song, where he picks it up and raps fast. I like the song format.

The coolest , im still trying to understand..and the beat selection is nice, he "freestyled" this at some college in illinois i believe, you can find it on youtube

Superstar is his single, i can bump to this track even if its in the radio and stuff...sh*ts in my head too

Paris,Tokyo is a nice mellow old school type sh*t...ring ring ring the iphone it was my homie or something like that...he on some early 90's sh*t on this one

Hi-Definition is a good track with SNOOP, like the hook

Gold Watch, love the beat and the lyrics...he talks about street f!ghter 2 on this one lol

Hiphop saved my life..this track is about some upcoming rapper down south...nice beat and nice lyrics

Intruder Alert is a deep track , probably one of this best tracks

Streets on Fire is another track that you have to listen properly, lyrics are on some next level ..probably my favourite track

Little Weapon..is an amazing track and he talks about soldiers and guns etc.

Gotta eat..i love the beat on this one

Dumb it down is probably his best track in terms of lyrics...sh*t goes over your head and he really doesnt have to dumb it down

Hello/Goodbye is a nice mellow track...love the hook

The Die..is a good track and gemstones and lupe go back and forth on this one

Put you on the game..some rumors saying he talking about you know who...but i dont think he is...its on some nice lyrics

f!ghters is a nice unskippable track with matthew santos again

Go baby is probably the only track that i dont feel...but i still dont skip it
 12-13-2007, 11:26 PM         #109
King Eros  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well i listened to this whole album like 7 times now and i love it! beautiful, mature album, not better than F & L but this album is still flames....congrats to Blu for keeping his crown for album of the year :D

Blu-Below The Heavens=4.75/5
Lupe-The Cool=4.5/5

for me, it's a great end for '07, thx to the two above, gfk, alicia keys, monch, talib, common, jay, kanye, free, beans, cunninlynguists and many more....

and bishop's verse on little weapon is as sick as they come...
go go flow is nasty too with that old timbaland snare

Last edited by King Eros; 12-13-2007 at 11:38 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #110
Keith15 
space
space
space
$224 | Props total: 4 4
5/5 This album is amazing...
 12-14-2007, 02:09 AM         #111
benzsl4585  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
classic
 10 years ago '07        #112
Kashiff10 
space
space
$464 | Props total: 0 0
 Pos said:
Now, this is CLASSIC sh*t kids!!!!!!!!

"Album of the YEAR!!", Nobody takin this from Lupe
Calm down there buddy...the year aint over
 10 years ago '04        #113
Nocturnal-One 
space
space
$1,837 | Props total: 6 6
Been waiting months for this, some tracks I can't get enough of, others I'm not really fond of. It's definitely different but maybe a bit too different in parts. I gave it a 4/5 because I feel there could've been a few things that could've made it a 5.

That said though, 19 tracks and I only had to actually SKIP one of them.
 12-14-2007, 09:26 AM         #114
affinity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me start off by saying that I lost a lot of respect for Lupe as a person for how he handled the Tribe incident - he clowned himself and I hope that he will learn from it and be able to mature as a person.

But to be perfectly honest, next to Common's Finding Forever, this is the best hip hop album of the year. I base this on the fact that I still listen to Common's joint, and I know I will still be listening to this one down the road. I know everyone wants to prop Kanye for the album of the year, but please, that wasn't even his own best album and I don't even have his album on my ipod anymore. I'm not a Kanye hater, but his latest was weak.

Anyways. . .

I know a lot of you don't like complex lyrics filled with metaphors, but here's the deal, when i first started listening to hip hop back in the late 80's and early 90's, you were checking for artists who made you press rewind on your tape deck. Sure, these artists weren't as complex as Lupe can be, but he makes you appreciate the effort he puts into his lyrics and you either feel him or you don't.

I like Lupe's flow, but like most artists, he's jacked other artists flow on quite a few tracks on this one. I'm sure he will come into his own and have his own signature flow in time. Take Go Go Gadget Flow, Hi Definition and Paris, Tokyo: during both tracks I was like damn, I have heard this before, both in terms of the beats, flow and lyrics. Paris, Tokyo might be on some tribe sh*t to some, but it reminded me mostly of Checkout time by Pac.

Standout tracks:
Superstar/Dumb it Down/Hip Hop Saved My Life/Intruder Alert/Little Weapon/Paris, Tokyo/Streets on Fire/Gold Watch

Tracks that would not have been missed:
Hi Definition (sounds like a Timberlake reject track)/Go Baby

There were other tracks I didn't really like (or haven't grown to appreciate), but they played a major role in the story line of the album and were needed
 10 years ago '05        #115
Stat-Quo 2 heat pts
space
space
$927 | Props total: 0 0
my favorite album of the year definitely gonna buy it
 10 years ago '04        #116
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
The album has some issues, the production isn't top notch, it's a little too long, Lupe's songwriting is not completely polished, and it still sounds too contrived. Those things keep it at around 4/5 to me, and there are a couple better albums this year, most notably, Below the Heavens. With that said, this album isn't a disappointment, it's pretty much what I expected as a follow up to Food & Liquor, and Lupe is as technically impressive as ever, and displays good creativity, but he's still trying to hard to step into certain styles, it sounds too much like he's trying to impress, not just letting if flow.

Last edited by HHS; 12-14-2007 at 11:13 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #117
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
 certifiedplaya1 said:
^its already bought from me i preordered and gettin the tshirt!
groupie a.ss n*gga
 10 years ago '07        #118
Get Familia 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,481 | Props total: 144 144
Classic material or atleast in time it will be. Maybe 1 or 2 not bad skippable tracks. Loving this sh*t! This aint just Hip Hop...this is good music...entertaining too.
 10 years ago '07        #119
DudeFromDaCrib 1 heat pts
space
space
$395 | Props total: 64 64
my dude japped on this one. aint stopped listenin yet. number 18 is so soulful. now just need that Buddens and "i'm good!(T-pain voice)"
 12-14-2007, 08:52 PM         #120
CrunkPopeye2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
paris toyko is sick
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
78 comments
2 days ago