NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
7773 pageviews
127 comments

m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,535 | Props total: 298 298
Nov 28 - Lil Wayne To Clipse: "You Think I'm Trying To Be Like You?"

Lil Wayne To Clipse: "You Think I'm Trying To Be Like You?"
by JOKESTA
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 28, 2007

After numerous negative comments made by rap duo "Clipse," Lil Wayne has finally addressed the Virginia rappers in the forthcoming issue of Complex Magazine.

The verbal sparring match coincidentally started in Complex Magazine's December 2006 issue when Weezy fired off at Clipse and their then producer Pharrell.

"I don’t see no fu*king Clipse. This is a fu*king legend you’re talking to right here. How many years them n*ggas been around? Who the fu*k is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That n*gga wore BAPE and y’all thought he was weird. I wore it and y’all thought it was hot." Said Wayne.

Clipse then went on record slandering Weezy numerous times throughout the year...most notably during a Lace Magazine Interview as well as a DJ Kay Slay Drama Hour Interview.

"You can’t kiss other men, you can’t wobble dee-wobble dee, and and you can’t bite styles. You can’t bite everybody’s styles. You can’t try to rap like Jay-Z, dress like the Clipse, become a coke dealer after 5 albums, and now dress like Jim Jones. You can’t do all that and be a legend. You have to be a trendsetter and he ain’t setting any trends." Said Pusha T.

One year later, Lil Wayne has graced the cover of Complex as well as broken his silence regarding the Duo.

"I thought the whole ‘Mr. Me Too’ video was about me, to tell you the damn truth. They think I want to be like them.

I’m on a million-dollar bus going around the world charging people from $50,000 to $150,000 for verses, and I got 77 songs in

In other news…
Clipse Find New Label Home, Ta...
Tha Carter III Leaks, Lil Wayn...
Above the law: Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne Snitched on Drama

magazines and I got a billion more. Do the math; you think I’m trying to be like you? No sir." Said Wayne.

You can check out more of the feature here.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.complex.com/bl .. our-new-issue/

Last edited by m_cullins; 11-28-2007 at 03:46 PM..

127 comments for "Nov 28 - Lil Wayne To Clipse: "You Think I'm Trying To Be Like You?""

10 years ago '05        #2
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,684 | Props total: 6607 6607
wanksta
 10 years ago '06        #3
jeromeLS 
space
space
$435 | Props total: 1 1
What the fu*k makes weezy a legend? im curious.
 10 years ago '06        #4
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
Clipse>Weezy. But radio says otherwise
 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM         #5
Quiksilver 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where did this come from?
 10 years ago '04        #6
pistolp 
space
space
$890 | Props total: 0 0
his 15 minutes are up...
 11-28-2007, 02:20 PM         #7
Its.Whatever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fact that weezy thought Mr.MeToo was about him probably means weezy knows he bites other rappers. At least thats what i got after reading that...
 10 years ago '07        #8
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
NE one who says the clipse is doin it bigger than Weezy rite now is jus hating for the simple fact u want to be an a**hole.......One hit song 5 or 6 years ago dont mean sh*t.....they (Clipse) havnt entertained me for half a decade an u want to say the Clipse are as hot as Weezy

JayZ>Weezy
UGK>Weezy
Jeezy>Weezy
Weezy>Clipse
Clipse=Soljia Boy or Hurricane Chris
 10 years ago '07        #9
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
And who gives a sh*t about who these n*ggas are in there personal lives......I would still watch a Tom Cruise Movie even tho hes GAY........i watch Prison Break an the lead charector is a f*g........i want to be entertained an afterwards i dont even think about them
 11-28-2007, 02:25 PM         #10
dipsetgrl022 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there's enough room for everybody in the game...jesus..
 11-28-2007, 02:39 PM         #11
$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jeromeLS said:
What the fu*k makes weezy a legend? im curious.
The fact that he says hes a legend all the time

I'm guessing he's hoping it will turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy
 11-28-2007, 02:40 PM         #12
marnades 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lil wayne just salty cus he know he is a bitter the clipse aint the nicest but they are talented fucc lil wayne and his abc a.ss flowz
 11-28-2007, 02:44 PM         #13
Eqman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes not a legend...he thought Mr.Me too was about him...that just makes him conceded as fu*k.
 10 years ago '04        #14
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,517 | Props total: 6451 6451
lol weezy aint no legend but i doubt weezy would bite clipse
 11-28-2007, 02:48 PM         #15
mr.hades 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Its.Whatever said:
the fact that weezy thought Mr.MeToo was about him probably means weezy knows he bites other rappers. At least thats what i got after reading that...
basically
 11-28-2007, 02:49 PM         #16
Just Jus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Weezy has his moments lyrically but Clipse is way more consistent. As far as Wayne biting, who knows. I could see why they might say that. I aint a skateboarder but I always liked the shoes and been wearin DC's and OSirus's for years and people think I rock em because Lupe and Wayne and them popularized the sh*t. So maybe, maybe not. Personally I think it's pretty gay to be all in a n*gga wardrobe like that anyway worried about someone rockin what u rockin. Just switch it up. I was gonna get a Charger and put dubs on it. Saw too many of them hoes and got an AC TL instead. And get compliments on it all the time. You see too many n*ggas wearin Bape then sport somethin else.
 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM         #17
BlockBurner226 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the ignorance of the people on this board is astounding

in my opinion, anyone who has been able to maintain a level of popularity for more than ten years is a legend

am I saying lil wayne ? no

but has he been relevant for over ten years ? yes

you put the pieces together
 11-28-2007, 02:53 PM         #18
Maaly6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Clipse >>> Wayne

Pusha-T on his worst day >>> Wayne
 11-28-2007, 02:58 PM         #19
jordankid16 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Clipse haven't done sh*t for a while. Wayne makes hit records all the time, not even counting the mixtapes. If they got beef wit him now then why on their first album they had baby and wayne on the grindin' remix? fu*k Clipse. You can't diss on Wayne after you had him on your song.
 10 years ago '07        #20
dipset121 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,260 | Props total: 15 15
 jordankid16 said:
Clipse haven't done sh*t for a while. Wayne makes hit records all the time, not even counting the mixtapes. If they got beef wit him now then why on their first album they had baby and wayne on the grindin' remix? fu*k Clipse. You can't diss on Wayne after you had him on your song.
co-sign
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy