Breaking News: Redskins SS Sean Taylor Passes Away (April 1, 1983 - November 27,2007)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #321
Blacklock 
space
space
$282 | Props total: 3 3
 Monroe200 said:
uncle whitlock at it again
Black man to black man, tell me where Whitlock is wrong? What has he said that is contra to the uplifting of our people? Should we protect some of the ignorance in rap (ie Soulja Boy) at the expense of the destruction of our people? Whitlock, like Bill Cosby is another African American speaking out, and the majority of us, refuse to have any self examination about the issues and write them off. We'd much rather say he is wrong, then examine why we believe that we are right. Do you think Malcolm or Martin would disagree with much of Whitlock or Bill said? Probably not, those were true riders for the struggle, something that hardly any of my (our) generation has ever stood up for. Not to get on Hov or TI or anyone else, when have they done public service announcements that we got to stop the k!lling? I've been listening to hip hop all my life, but there gotta be a causal connection to the ignorance in our society, when a 16 yr old black kid is talking about supersoaking hoes. You don't see any pop white artists doing this type of sh*t!

I say all of this not as any disrespect to Sean Taylor. We don't have all the facts, and Whitlock does draw conclusions that we have no idea if they will be substantiated. But it's time we examine the problems of black men dying in our society, instead of shooting the messengers who are at least attempting to bring dialogue(whether you agree or disagree) to the problem.

RIP Sean Taylor
 10 years ago '04        #322
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
Media has failed with Taylor coverage

I'm proud of this ridiculous thing I do for a living. It makes me happy. It is a lot of arrested-development fun. And it gives me the kind of power and platform I don't really deserve.

But there are times when being a journalist in today's climate embarrasses me. Makes me feel dirty and ashamed. I've always wondered why the reporters in the movies are so often portrayed as greasy, sneaky profiteers chasing the hero.

And then Sean Taylor dies in a terrible way, and it reminds me.

Journalism isn't very human sometimes. It isn't very compassionate or empathetic, either. Objectivity, the alleged bedrock of this profession, is both the excuse we hide under and a lie.

There are slants and shades in everything you read, hear and see as the line between Chris Wallace and Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly and Katie Couric and Geraldo Rivera becomes blurred and smeared as entertainaournalism. Asking emotional humans, with all their embedded prejudices and experiences and baggage, to be without bias (conscious or subconscious) is like asking night not to be dark. All we can do is aspire to clinical objectivity as professionals and hope that too many people don't get trampled and harmed when we inevitably fail.

CRUEL AND UNFAIR

And we've done some failing on this Taylor story. What happened to him and his family is cruel and unfair. That's it. It isn't endemic of a people or a region or a school. It is just unspeakably cruel and unspeakably unfair. I don't know how anyone could lack so much compassion that they would somehow blame a city or school or culture to this awfulness, as if a city or school or culture could possibly deserve something that brings this kind of sobbing and wailing.

And yet that's what Time Magazine and MSNBC and FOX and CNN and ESPN have wanted to discuss in recent days because the machine must stay fed, and it matters less and less what kind of garbage we throw into its insatiable maw and try to pass off as nutrition. Why does this keep happening in Miami -- the city and the university? What's going on down there? As if Taylor somehow brought this grief upon himself, as if South Florida brought it upon itself. The late Darrent Williams, k!lled in a drive-by at 24, isn't representative of Oklahoma State's thug culture. But Taylor, k!lled in his home at 24, is representative of the University of Miami's?

TOO MUCH GOSSIP

I can't imagine how terrible it must be for Taylor's broken family to watch the television and see their late son/brother/boyfriend turned into a talk topic and one-dimensional stick figure because we, the media, didn't and couldn't have a complete picture of their beloved and didn't have the time to wait for one to develop. We didn't have very much information immediately after Taylor's death, but we had too much time to fill without new information, so too much of Taylor's televised eulogy became noise and speculation and gossip-cloaked-in-journalism about his troubled past.

A DUI and a gun-waving incident aren't irrelevant, but they weren't all Taylor was, either. Brett Favre, rest a.ssured, won't be eulogized with excessive emphasis on his pain-killer addiction, especially not if he were to die this horrifically. How do you think your grieving family would like to see you defined on television by your one or two worst public moments?

God bless him, Taylor's brave and tranquil father, suffering the worst pain a human can, has been as strong as anyone I've ever seen in front of TV cameras.

There would be plenty of people applauding, and no one blaming him, if he lashed out angrily at all the people trying to do their job on his lawn.

I just wish sometimes that my profession had more of his grace.
 10 years ago '05        #323
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,083 | Props total: 6981 6981
Sean's daughter Jackie, will never know her daddy

that sh*t hurts me most of all...
 10 years ago '07        #324
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Junior G said:
Sean's daughter Jackie, will never know her daddy

that sh*t hurts me most of all...
yea dude, you shouldve seen the pic someone posted in another thread.....had me sad as hell
 10 years ago '07        #325
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,536 | Props total: 43710 43710
 ttime236 said:
yea dude, you shouldve seen the pic someone posted in another thread.....had me sad as hell

:(
 10 years ago '04        #326
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
 garrett said:

:(
:(:(:(:(
 10 years ago '07        #327
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
^^^^same here, sad stuff man
 10 years ago '05        #328
jc7211 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,107 | Props total: 91 91
R.i.p.
 10 years ago '05        #329
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,083 | Props total: 6981 6981
saw this on UM's rivals

***Great Sean Taylor Poem***

Sean Taylor
1983 - 2007

He came to us fresh,
A kid from the "U"
His Redskins jersey
All shiny and new

A number one pick
Gibbs would take in the draft
A shy kind of kid
With a troublesome past

It wouldn't take long
For others to feel
The crushing blows
Of lightening and steel

His teammates would vote
And soon all would know
A leader was born
With the defense in tow

Trouble seemed to follow Sean
Wherever he would go
The press asking questions
And wanting to know

His life would change
With the birth of a girl
She had his smile
And big bouncing curls

The public would see
A new kind of man
A maturing new dad
In Joe Gibbs' plan

Little did we know
His life would soon end
His baby left fatherless
His team minus a friend

But Sean had to leave
This earth it would seem
You see, God needed a safety
On his football team
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago