Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams (2007)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

WU- TANG New CD
1 Mic - TRASHH!! 38 15.70%
2 Mics - Not that bad 23 9.50%
3 Mics - Pretty Hot 45 18.60%
4 Mics - Very Good CD 77 31.82%
5 Mics - WU-TANG FOREVER!! 59 24.38%
Voters: 242. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #81
Kahlil Illah 1 heat pts
space
space
$788 | Props total: 18 18
Wu Tang Forever.. this album is the goodness.. from start to finish.. like a movie actually...yall need to upgrade ur sound system if u aint feeling this..
go cop some cerwin-vega's or some monitors..
 10 years ago '04        #82
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
4 out of 5. y'all need to quit living in the past.
 10 years ago '04        #83
RZ/-\ 
space
space
space
$367 | Props total: 0 0
Aite I gave this a spin yesterday. I ain't know what to think yet.

First thing Rae was kinda right about the guitars and singing, joints like Unpredictable ain't need the guitar and some of the singer ain't needed, if RZA wanted singing stick it after everybody spit they verse so I can just skip that sh*t. But the guitar on The Heart Gently Weeps is fu*king sick.

Next, the sound, all these beats sound like film scores to me, using Unpredictable again, that sh*t sounds like it coulda been a k!ll Bill throwaway mayne. They aint sounding like beats mans should be spitting over. On first listen, this works good on some tracks but don't sound good with others.

I think this is the sorta album you just gotta keep listening too, the only Wu albums that the instantly liked was 36 Chambers and The W, Forever and Iron Flag took they time to sink in and get RZAs sound.

Album ain't as bad as some heads are making out but it ain't what I was expecting either. It's good enough to cop, so Ima buy it and bump it some more.

Peace
 10 years ago '04        #84
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
people are sheep and the devil is a liar B!!!

I'M ON TRACK 5 sh*tS FRESH

everybody problem is that they looking for that so called familiar wu sound

that was more then 10 years ago,the beats are on point so far,lyrics are razor sharp,again tho...i'm only on track 6.hearing the single for the 1st time.
 11-29-2007, 10:28 AM         #85
bulldog803 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey how do i get to the downloading part lieks itsbx.com? gave you props
 11-29-2007, 11:49 PM         #86
`ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love this album, there aren't many mis-steps & there few an far between. I do realize alot of people hating on the album are either Wu haters, people who have never heard a previous Wu album, or people that expected 36 Chambers 2.

I love the new sound though, Guitar riffs & the gritty mastering (been like that since 36 though) there is tons of little bridges and minor changes in most of the beats. Its all great though.
 10 years ago '05        #87
still tippin' 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,755 | Props total: 312 312
one thing is for sure, METHOD MAN absolutely murders this album, big ups to the ticallion stallion
 12-01-2007, 01:38 AM         #88
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
started good...then just started to fall off...3/5
 12-01-2007, 02:40 AM         #89
`ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 still tippin' said:
one thing is for sure, METHOD MAN absolutely murders this album, big ups to the ticallion stallion
Yeah, Method Man, & U-God played huge parts in this album.
 10 years ago '05        #90
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
^^preach!

i guess it's an age thing (i'm 27)
album really is THAT good
:applause:

"life changes" is one of the dopest tracks of the year...i almost blew up my speakers turning that sh*t up 70%...
i do wonder if RZA's verse gone be lowered on volume on the retail..that's quite the blunder there...don't get that
 12-01-2007, 03:34 PM         #91
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
8 Diagrams is a super nice album, I can't stop listening to it everyday at work.
8 Diagrams beats are different and original and dope as fu*k, and if you got really good headphones or sound system you hear all the sounds RZA put into the production.
That Unpredictable beat is dope, and that elephants beat done grew on me, wolves, campfire with them dudes hummin in the back, and that Weakspot beat is beast. I pretty much like every beat, it's RZA's most diverse set of beats on a Wu Album.

If you willing to try something different and give it a few listens, 8 Diagrams is the way to go, it just grows on you. I swear this album's production and direction is going over alot of cats heads, but that's how RZA does, that's how he been doin.
I still remember when n*ggas was sh*ttin on Wu-Tang Forever, now everybody talking bout its a classic, it just went over they heads at first.

I agree with the 2 cats above me, I'm 27, I'm looking for artist to dare to be different, I'm tired of gettin the same album from the artist over and over again, but that's apparently what alot of yall want.

My fav albums this year so far are
8 Diagrams
El-P I'll sleep when you're dead
Aesop Rock None Shall Pass
Blu and Exile Below the Heavens

These albums stay in rotation
 12-01-2007, 04:03 PM         #92
`ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its not an age thing, its a mind state thing if its anything at all. I personally think that theory is stupid, it just deals with subjectiveness. I'm 17 an thoroughly enjoy 8 Diagrams.
 10 years ago '04        #93
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
I like this album better than Ghost's sh*t. I cant stand that Celebrate kid capri trash. the clan unofficially broke up years ago. I dont know how rza even got these fools to rap on the tracks, But I love the album, favorite tracks are Get em out your way pa, Windmill, wolves, and Gun go. Its heat, Im 27 and I think age does have something to do with peoples tastes in certain music genres. I wish Ghost and Rae would shut the fu*k up, if they didnt like it, they shouldnt of done it. Who forced them rap?
 12-01-2007, 06:39 PM         #94
`ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VickVega said:
I like this album better than Ghost's sh*t. I cant stand that Celebrate kid capri trash. the clan unofficially broke up years ago. I dont know how rza even got these fools to rap on the tracks, But I love the album, favorite tracks are Get em out your way pa, Windmill, wolves, and Gun go. Its heat, Im 27 and I think age does have something to do with peoples tastes in certain music genres. I wish Ghost and Rae would shut the fu*k up, if they didnt like it, they shouldnt of done it. Who forced them rap?
Like I said, I'm 17, I listen to Hip-Hop, Rock, Soul, Jazz, Reggae, etc...

Age means nothing.

Last edited by `ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´; 12-01-2007 at 06:40 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #95
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
 VickVega said:
^ i can't understand how you don't like ghost's sh*t. i like 8 diagrams...but i admit it's different than other wu-tang albums production-wise. & that's fine...bc it's still got great production & the lyrics are solid.
 12-02-2007, 12:23 PM         #96
BXthought 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not diggin the haterz of this album. True old heads know what this album means. I admit, I wanted 36 Chambers 2k7 too, but they have evolved. The album will grow on you with attention to detail. best tracks on early listens, gun will go, heart gently weeps, life changes, stick me for my riches, windmill. 16th chamber brings me back...

Overall: nice addition to the legacy, but its not the complete inferno that it could of been. Lacks the raw intensity of 36 chambers, the refinement of forever, the individual classics on the W (i.e. hollow bones, the jump off). Far better than most of the other crap thats been droppin lately. 4 mics.
 12-02-2007, 01:12 PM         #97
`ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 phase_7 said:
im not hatin' on anyones age, young'n. (<-JK). But there's a very different type of appreciation from people that were lucky enough to embrace that movement (Hence, the old/young generational BS).

Its nice for us (old headz), caus now me and the kids that I grew up (who ALL love this album BTW) get to hear something that comes frighteningly close to what made that era so nice and got me WAYYY into rap, probably for the rest of my life.

All im saying is, I'm guessing alot of the negative reviews are coming from kids on here that might not have been around for the silver-era (92-97). Or at least weren't waiting around every Tuesday at Sam Goody or Tower for the next set of classic CD's to drop, like me and all my peoples.

If I'm wrong, and you we're fu*king with Wu since the beginning and still hate this sh*t, than it must just be a matter of taste then and forgive me for my difference of opinion.
I don't think you read my other posts, because I love this album.
 12-02-2007, 06:49 PM         #98
TeKoZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.0000 This is the biggest peice of trash im sorry for my ears to have ever introduced them to this garbage of an album
 10 years ago '04        #99
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
i take everything back from my initial post ... albums pretty hot .... much better then alot of stuff these days ... brings you back to the wu tang forever days
 10 years ago '04        #100
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
too many immature kids on these boards ...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy