Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams (2007)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

WU- TANG New CD
1 Mic - TRASHH!! 38 15.70%
2 Mics - Not that bad 23 9.50%
3 Mics - Pretty Hot 45 18.60%
4 Mics - Very Good CD 77 31.82%
5 Mics - WU-TANG FOREVER!! 59 24.38%
Voters: 242. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #41
siggiddy 
space
space
$7,606 | Props total: 1168 1168
strong 3.5...weak 4...however you wanna take it
 10 years ago '05        #42
DjAyFrESH 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$1,397 | Props total: 0 0
If half these songs didnt leak out, I bet some of you dudes wouldnt be running there fu*king mouth, nothing is ever better than someones original but this CD is still sickk. BTW .. Production is on point and lyrics is all there.
 10 years ago '04        #43
ess ell 
space
space
$415 | Props total: 7 7
 DjAyFrESH said:
I dono, I think this sh*t is hot
agreed.
 11-24-2007, 11:21 PM         #44
genuwineplayer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5 and i think ghostface wasnt on this as much cuz his sh*t come the week after this does
 10 years ago '04        #45
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 Bruce Leeroy said:
First of all the Wu is my favorite group of all time. Ok with that out the way this cd is str8 to me. I just listened to it once and I can say that it could've been a GREAT cd, but there wasn't enough Ghost on it(he should've definitely been on "Life Changes" thats sort of disrespectful for him not to be on it), the production is iffy(even though it's different it's still iffy) and overall the energy is sort of down. Also RZA shouldn't have had a solo track . You can tell he did what he wanted with this cd especially after seeing that Raekwon interview.

"Campfire", "Take It Back", "Windmill"(THIS sh*t IS FLAMES!!), and "Weak Spot" stood out to me the most off of one listen. Meth's flow is still sharp as ever. Right now I'll give this cd a solid 3/5. It still has room to grow on me so we'll see. Can't wait to hear that 'Big Doe Rehab' .
I was thinkin the same sh*t (copying my post from the other Wu thread)

Album is aight off first listen, defintely some things that stick out. The beats were really all over the place, but there were some crazy joints like Take It Back, The Heart Gently Weeps, Wolves, Gun Will Go, Stick Me For My Riches (got damn I'm lovin this one), Weak Spot, and probably my favorite joint Windmill (they went IN on this track, and listen to GZA's energy - don't often hear him get off his monotonous delivery).

But then you got joints like Unpredictable that I ain't feeling at all. I don't know if I needed to hear a whole RZA song, no feature no hook no nothing on Sunshine. Starter might be alright if it wasn't for that terrible hook. I didn't even listen to the dialogue on the second half of Tar Pit, but I thought they'd end the album on a stronger note with more members on the track.

And lastly WHERE THE HELL IS GHOST? He's on like 3 tracks, then he's ghost. To make it worse he's not even spittin' on the ODB tribute track. I don't know if I want to call that disrespectful, if Ghost is on some diva sh*t or what.

That's just one listen and this will definitely get plenty more rotation to let it marinate, but overall I'm feelin' it. Wasn't expecting a whole lot from all the inner turmoil with Rae's disgust for RZA's musical direction and Ghost being absent from most sessions. I don't see how Rae is gonna get the group to do a Wu album without RZA though, I doubt they'd all disrespect the abbot like that.

3.75/5 off first listen. Lyrics are still sharp, but sonically its all over the place, there's little cohesion, and Ghost, dammit. I gotta say that U-God actually stepped it up a little bit though.
 11-24-2007, 11:26 PM         #46
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm liking it... sure its no 36 Chambers or Forever but this ain't no 50 Cent cheese burger this is a solid 4 course meal... take your time with it, this is one of those albums to grow on. i'm not gonna give this album rating yet Wu albums always deserve multiple listens to discover all the jewels in it
 10 years ago '04        #47
TheGreatDane 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 367 367
I have to say this is the 3rd best album they put out. I can't skip any songs, they all are hard in the paint. The Chinese dude in Tar pit was way unnecessary though, but overall this sh*t is 4.5. I was really pleased with the production, and the way the songs flowed right into each other. I was originally thinking this was another Iron Flag piece of sh*t before I started listening to it, but the sh*t go real hard track to track...Keep listening to it and you see what I mean. Smoke a blunt or bowl and have a nice night to this piece.
 10 years ago '04        #48
Dee 
space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 0 0
I'm a Wu Head and I will say this album is a cool album. If you listen to it, it's like funeral cd for ODB. Its has a laid back and sad type of feel, just listen to life changes.
 11-25-2007, 03:37 AM         #49
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am going to give my two cents on this right now, might be a long read but I'm hoping that people who have not listened to it yet take a look at this.

First off, I first DL 8 Diagrams this morning and gave it a listen on my Altec Lansing speakers which are pretty heavy in bass, good for club tracks, I wouldn't say 'musically' they are top of the line, but better then average. I flipped through it quickly and found nothing that inspired me much, I felt disappointed, especially after reading many of the postings above me. After a little partying tonight and a few drinks I decided to give the album another shot, this time I listened to it through a pair of high quality headphones that are lower on bass and higher on treble, and this made an absolute world of difference. As well, I did not flip through any songs, but just closed my eyes and went from front to back, engrossing myself in the world of the Wu.

Musically, this is one of the most awe-inspiring albums I have heard in hip hop in a while. This is not your typical hip hop instrumentals, and this is why many people are not feeling the beats; because they are not beats for the most part, but pianos, violins, drums, symbols and god knows whatever else RZA incorporated. When I heard previously that there would be live instrumentation instead of heavy sampling on the album I was really eager to hear it because I thought back to my favorite album of last year, The Roots - Game Theory used primarily live instrumentation as well. There are so many layers to many of the songs, these are definitely not stripped down beats and I think songs like 'Wolves', 'The heart gently weeps', 'Gun will go' and 'Life Changes' display the lushness and complexities that RZA has incorporated into each one. I caught myself drifting away from the lyrics at times, instead focusing so much on how beautifully sonic the music is.

Lyrically, it's Wu-Tang, so there is nothing to be disappointed here. The storytelling is vivid, you find yourself envisioning the tales they describe. Everyone comes correct, and an example that really caught my ear immediately was GZA's verse describing the world of prostitution on 'Starter':
"She takes dives on the busiest streets
But every situation on the circle stances
Outdoor, indoor, she's taking her chances
Hotel, motel, or Holiday Inn
Overlooking that Bible she continues to sin
Spread wide on the desk
Paperwork all in a mess
While a ceiling fan blow on her dress
Ten minutes of jerking along with the slurping
Her skirt hit a ___ until I raised the curtains
Showtime at the Appolo
She's gonna follow my lead
Then get on her knees
Then swallow her pride"

I think I'm going to end it here, but before I end my rambling, I just want to say that people have to stop comparing an artists album to their previous efforts, people develop, they change, its how life is. I would be disappointed if I got the same Wu-Tang from 1995, because it would not show their evolution, it would only show they are stuck in a creative rut from over a decade ago. The major problem with hip hop and rap these days, and the SOLE reason that most current rap artists today are phased out after 2-3 albums is because they cannot change, they cannot give something fresh and different, they cannot develop because they do not have creativity. You look at all the great acts, not even in rap, and they have all changed over time, from Outkast, to Jay-Z, to Linkin Park to Metallica. You can only go so far with one style, and once everyone begins to copy your style, which has happened with the old Wu-Tang style of sampling, the industry becomes homogenized and you have to think of a different path.

What I am trying to say here, is that when listening to this album, hell, any album from an artist, forget about their past work, listen to it like you are listening to them for the first time, with no expectations. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, because this album is a gem, musically, lyrically, the only negative I can find is the guy talking a the end of 'Tar Pit' which wasn't needed at all.

5/5
 10 years ago '04        #50
ess ell 
space
space
$415 | Props total: 7 7
..honestly, i have 2 use my "on-screen keyboard" or i'd type more on this.. but this cd is really bangin, i'm 5 times through and it's still fckn bangin... yo, what kinda speakers are ya'll cats usin??

Last edited by ess ell; 11-25-2007 at 03:58 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #51
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,901 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Universal~Mind said:
You people don't know how to judge an album for what it is. Instead u compare things. which is why u live unsatisfied lives.
Bless,
Props..
 11-25-2007, 05:39 AM         #52
dahurricaneg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In order to enjoy this album ONE MUST CONVINCE THEMSELVES there is something worth while on this cd and that the CD will gradually get better after a few listens GUESS what? WU TANG IS DEAD...their time was the 90's they need to step the fu*k back what a waste of a download, I pitty the dumb a.sses that still spend their money on garbage CDs such as this one.
 10 years ago '04        #53
djmattis 
space
space
$3,079 | Props total: 0 0
The way Campfire starts people, you need to get your minds right. Be thankful the Wu still releases real music and not that club sh*t.
 10 years ago '05        #54
DjAyFrESH 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$1,397 | Props total: 0 0
 ess ell said:
yo, what kinda speakers are ya'll cats usin??
Harmon Kardon = The Best ... (next to bose of course)
 10 years ago '05        #55
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
 Liquid Oxygen said:
I am going to give my two cents on this right now, might be a long read but I'm hoping that people who have not listened to it yet take a look at this.

First off, I first DL 8 Diagrams this morning and gave it a listen on my Altec Lansing speakers which are pretty heavy in bass, good for club tracks, I wouldn't say 'musically' they are top of the line, but better then average. I flipped through it quickly and found nothing that inspired me much, I felt disappointed, especially after reading many of the postings above me. After a little partying tonight and a few drinks I decided to give the album another shot, this time I listened to it through a pair of high quality headphones that are lower on bass and higher on treble, and this made an absolute world of difference. As well, I did not flip through any songs, but just closed my eyes and went from front to back, engrossing myself in the world of the Wu.

Musically, this is one of the most awe-inspiring albums I have heard in hip hop in a while. This is not your typical hip hop instrumentals, and this is why many people are not feeling the beats; because they are not beats for the most part, but pianos, violins, drums, symbols and god knows whatever else RZA incorporated. When I heard previously that there would be live instrumentation instead of heavy sampling on the album I was really eager to hear it because I thought back to my favorite album of last year, The Roots - Game Theory used primarily live instrumentation as well. There are so many layers to many of the songs, these are definitely not stripped down beats and I think songs like 'Wolves', 'The heart gently weeps', 'Gun will go' and 'Life Changes' display the lushness and complexities that RZA has incorporated into each one. I caught myself drifting away from the lyrics at times, instead focusing so much on how beautifully sonic the music is.

Lyrically, it's Wu-Tang, so there is nothing to be disappointed here. The storytelling is vivid, you find yourself envisioning the tales they describe. Everyone comes correct, and an example that really caught my ear immediately was GZA's verse describing the world of prostitution on 'Starter':
"She takes dives on the busiest streets
But every situation on the circle stances
Outdoor, indoor, she's taking her chances
Hotel, motel, or Holiday Inn
Overlooking that Bible she continues to sin
Spread wide on the desk
Paperwork all in a mess
While a ceiling fan blow on her dress
Ten minutes of jerking along with the slurping
Her skirt hit a ___ until I raised the curtains
Showtime at the Appolo
She's gonna follow my lead
Then get on her knees
Then swallow her pride"

I think I'm going to end it here, but before I end my rambling, I just want to say that people have to stop comparing an artists album to their previous efforts, people develop, they change, its how life is. I would be disappointed if I got the same Wu-Tang from 1995, because it would not show their evolution, it would only show they are stuck in a creative rut from over a decade ago. The major problem with hip hop and rap these days, and the SOLE reason that most current rap artists today are phased out after 2-3 albums is because they cannot change, they cannot give something fresh and different, they cannot develop because they do not have creativity. You look at all the great acts, not even in rap, and they have all changed over time, from Outkast, to Jay-Z, to Linkin Park to Metallica. You can only go so far with one style, and once everyone begins to copy your style, which has happened with the old Wu-Tang style of sampling, the industry becomes homogenized and you have to think of a different path.

What I am trying to say here, is that when listening to this album, hell, any album from an artist, forget about their past work, listen to it like you are listening to them for the first time, with no expectations. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, because this album is a gem, musically, lyrically, the only negative I can find is the guy talking a the end of 'Tar Pit' which wasn't needed at all.

5/5
:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #56
afr0sam 
space
space
$418 | Props total: 135 135
i cant understand y'all...great wu album with a lot of raw n rough sh*t, gotta listen it a few more times to rate it though, but its at least 4/5
 10 years ago '04        #57
trinking726 
space
space
$868 | Props total: 5 5
 dahurricaneg said:
In order to enjoy this album ONE MUST CONVINCE THEMSELVES there is something worth while on this cd and that the CD will gradually get better after a few listens GUESS what? WU TANG IS DEAD...their time was the 90's they need to step the fu*k back what a waste of a download, I pitty the dumb a.sses that still spend their money on garbage CDs such as this one.

yea and the dogg pound is runnin the airwaves wit dog chit
 10 years ago '06        #58
krizzo741 
space
space
$689 | Props total: 16 16
the album is tight but why the fu*k "watch your watch" wasn't placed on the album
 10 years ago '06        #59
jj01 
space
space
$44,960 | Props total: 4682 4682
still gotta give it more listens, but unpredictable is horrible
 10 years ago '05        #60
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 dahurricaneg said:
You got the propz now mayne...Now watch when Ghost sh*t comes out and it sh*ts all over this album. Celebrate and The Barrell Brother alone sh*t on the entire 8 Diagrams.

And for all the d*ckheads talking bout "judge it for what it is"...Enter the 36 Chambers is my point of reference. If they never released that, then ya'll would have a good point, BUT SINCE THEY DID RELEASE THAT, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DELIVER SOMETHING BETTER THAN 8 DIAGRAMS. Enter the 36 Chambers had SIX BANGIN SINGLES ON IT! Count them off with me...

1.Protect ya Neck
2.Mystery of the Chessboxing
3.C.R.E.A.M
4.Method Man
5.Can it be all so Simple
6.Wu Tang Clan Aint Nothing to fu*k with

Don't believe me? Go youtube each title and see if a video doesn't pop up for each one.

Now count the singles off on this 8 Diagram garbage...Yeah that's what I thought.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy