The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
201 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1
8009 pageviews
183 comments

P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
The Official a.ssassin's Creed Thread

From the team that brought the world Prince of Persia and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell comes a sophisticated new franchise utilizing the power of next-gen technology for its complex action.

The setting is 1191 AD. The Third Crusade is tearing the Holy Land apart. You, Altair, intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. You are an a.ssassin, a warrior shrouded in secrecy and feared for your ruthlessness. Your actions can throw your immediate environment into chaos, and your existence will shape events during this pivotal moment in history.
Published by: Ubisoft
Developed by: Ubisoft Montreal
Genre: Action
Number of Players: 1
Release Date:
  • US: November 13, 2007
  • Europe: November 16, 2007
  • Australia: November 15, 2007
MSRP: $59.99

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Released Media

[pic - click to view]

All 17 IGN Videos

[pic - click to view]

Assassin's Creed Story Trailer

[pic - click to view]

Freedom video interview from Game Invasion

[pic - click to view]

Crowd Control video interview from Game Invasion

[pic - click to view]

Comic Book *Spoiler Warning*

[pic - click to view]

Exclusive 360 Footage from GamesRadar

REVIEWS

GameInformer - 9.5/10

If only to experience the unique world and amazing movement and combat, gamers owe it to themselves to try Ubisoft’s big holiday release. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now. Come to think of it, they may have a lot more to talk about by then.

[pic - click to view]

http://gameinformer.com/G .. 0938.00452.htm

Famitsu - 37/40

Apparently, the Famitsu reviewers were impressed by the story, presentation, and addicting acrobatics, noting that a.ssassin's Creed is a true next-gen title. Some knocks against it are the one button combat, confusing map, and occasional camera problems. All in all, it sounds pretty solid. Good news for gamers, bad news for bank accounts.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.xbox360fanboy. .. s-creed-37-40/

GamePro - 5/5

It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of a.ssassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number. The enormity of the game will probably turn off gamers expecting a fast-paced action title but remember that an a.ssassin's greatest tool is patience. Approach this game with that frame of mind and you will be rewarded with one of the best gaming experiences around.

[pic - click to view]

http://gamepro.com/micros .. s/146308.shtml

GamesRadar - 10/10

With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, a.ssassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end. It's bogged down by a lot of monotonous repetition and a f!ghting system that's sure to frustrate hack-and-slash fans, but neither of those things really diminished our enjoyment of the game, and both were far outweighed by the thrill of tearing around its enormous cities and carefully planning spectacular a.ssassinations. It might not be for everyone, but playing through a.ssassin's Creed still stands as one of the most outstanding gaming experiences of 2007.

You'll Love
  • Huge, immersive world
  • Absolutely stunning visuals
  • Addictively twisty storyline

You'll Hate
  • Repetitive side missions
  • Revisiting Masyaf over and over gets old
  • Guards are almost as agile as Altair

[pic - click to view]

http://www.gamesradar.com .. 02162716256014

1Up Review - 7.0

Though I'm focusing on a lot of a.ssassin's Creed's faults, this doesn't mean I didn't enjoy playing the game -- it attempts a lot of ambitious things and it almost succeeds at every one. But it's apparent that these grandiose ideas may have been a little too much to master the first go-round. But hey, at least the groundwork is laid for a k!ller sequel -- right, Ubisoft?

[pic - click to view]

http://www.1up.com/do/rev .. ge?cId=3164320

IGN Review - 7.7

Closing Comments
If you play a.ssassin's Creed for an hour, you will probably think it's a fantastic game. But as a.ssassin's progresses, its dual storylines and repetitive quests begin to grow tiresome. There are so many great individual elements, but they are lost among the myriad of poor decisions from Ubisoft Montreal. Wasting the big twist on the first five minutes of gameplay is a tremendous mistake, but not nearly as damaging as the ill-conceived a.ssassination investigation quests, which get old fast. The exploration aspects of a.ssassin's Creed and the combat are both plusses in my book. But those two elements are only a small part of the whole. And most everything else in a.ssassin's Creed is mediocre.

[pic - click to view]

http://xbox360.ign.com/ar .. /834676p1.html

GameSpot - 9/10 - Editors Choice Award

In a.ssassin's Creed, the greatest joy comes from the smallest details, and for every nerve-racking battle, there's a quiet moment that cuts to the game's heart and soul. Climbing towers to uncover portions of the map is a simple mechanic but forever satisfying, thanks to the beautiful vistas and soft musical themes that accompany the view. Even the drunks that pester you are amusing and fun, though their constant shoving is more than annoying, especially if you are trying to pickpocket a pedestrian or eliminate a target without a fuss. It all makes your missions that much more compelling, and you'll be inclined to explore every nook and cranny and take on every optional task, just for the fun of it. There's a ton of stuff to do, and even when you've exhausted your official tasks, you can search for the collectible flags and crosses strewn around the cities and countryside. You could probably plow through the main quest in 20 hours if you're lucky, but completists might spend close to 50 hours finishing every quest and gathering every collectible.

There are few differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash. But regardless of which platform you go with, you'll have an amazing and unforgettable game. a.ssassin's Creed is the kind of game you tell your friends about, and one that should be in your collection.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.gamespot.com/p .. sreview&page=2

Will be updated regularly.

Last edited by P-Hill; 11-13-2007 at 04:01 PM..

183 comments for "The Official Assassin's Creed Thread"

10 years ago '06        #2
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1097 1097
:applause:
 11-09-2007, 09:41 AM         #3
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whats w/ the picture of that chick?
 10 years ago '05        #4
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
She's in the game... left is the real photo... right is how that photo was rendered into the game... she plays a character on there
 11-09-2007, 10:00 AM         #5
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
true true, id hit
 10 years ago '04        #6
Chea! 
space
space
space
$998 | Props total: 0 0
Now this thread is what I'm talking about. Not that i'm hating on what you did P-Hill, this is for everyone, why did it take so long for us (myself included) to make or suggest a thread about AC.... It's not getting the love it deserves. I truly think it's gona be the Game of the Year. But props for the thread i'll be frequenting this thread on an hourly basis.

EDIT: I can't give you props til i spread rep. Probably from the free360games.com thread. lol.

Peace Peace -Chea!

Last edited by Chea!; 11-09-2007 at 10:38 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #7
BoxerE 
space
space
$1,470 | Props total: 0 0
 T.O.N.Y said:
true true, id hit
i love how you had to add that
 10 years ago '06        #8
space
space
 Chea! said:
I truly think it's gona be the Game of the Year.
That's gonna change from person to person. We're talking Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect as top-runners. AC will definitely deliver but the GOTY award goes to the game with the most lasting appeal and the most all-around outstanding game. AC, Bioshock and Mass Effect single player is leagues ahead of COD:4 and Halo 3, but the multi-player and lasting power of the last two puts them slightly ahead.
 10 years ago '04        #9
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
 Comic Book Guy said:
That's gonna change from person to person. We're talking Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect as top-runners. AC will definitely deliver but the GOTY award goes to the game with the most lasting appeal and the most all-around outstanding game. AC, Bioshock and Mass Effect single player is leagues ahead of COD:4 and Halo 3, but the multi-player and lasting power of the last two puts them slightly ahead.
True, but I think it's at least either gonna be nominated or get some other category award, like best adventure or best story (Mass effect might take that, though).
 10 years ago '04        #10
Chea! 
space
space
space
 Comic Book Guy said:
Yea, I definitely agree. It'll be up there though, I think that Halo 3 was semi-dissapointing. But don't misunderstand me and think that i'm saying the game is terrible. I just don't think it lived up to the hype. It's very fun, but they spent so much money advertising it, there really was no way to live up to the hype they laid down. As for the other games, I can't say, I have never played them so I won't even attempt to make an argument against them.
And AC is a totally different type of game than the other top runners, which could be a big seller, or a big flaw. I haven't heard anything about AC's multiplayer or Live, I doubt there is any. But as far as something new; groundbreaking game playing: revolutionizing the gaming world, there really isn't much that's going to touch AC. (If it in fact lives up to the hype)
 10 years ago '06        #11
space
space
Halo 3 is looked at as a disappointed because you know what you're getting. There wasn't any added bells and whistles. The map editor and picture/video editor are great features, but they don't make the gameplay experience better. With a game like Mass Effect or a.ssassin's Creed, it's a brand new game, brand new concept, new designs, new controls, new ideas, so that's why it should be Game of the Year. Halo didn't surpass my expectations but it did deliver. And years down the line, people will be playing Halo 3 regularly, whereas these campaign-focused games like Bioshock, a.ssassin's Creed and Mass Effect will have to depend on sequels to make a long-lasting impact.
 10 years ago '05        #12
Pretty Tony 
space
space
$1,863 | Props total: 0 0
Must own now!
 10 years ago '05        #13
space
space
Exclusive 360 Footage in the first post
 10 years ago '04        #14
CrAkKedOuT 960 heat pts960
space
space
space
$23,653 | Props total: 15114 15114
 Chea! said:
why did it take so long for us (myself included) to make or suggest a thread about AC..
Eh, whats the point of making an official thread MONTHS before the game comes out where there is nothing to show of the game and no new news??

If you haven't noticed, we've being doing OFFICIAL threads a couple days before a game comes out. IDK why that Mass Effect thread was made so early tho to be honest.
 10 years ago '04        #15
Chea! 
space
space
space
 CrAkKedOuT said:
Eh, whats the point of making an official thread MONTHS before the game comes out where there is nothing to show of the game and no new news??

If you haven't noticed, we've being doing OFFICIAL threads a couple days before a game comes out. IDK why that Mass Effect thread was made so early tho to be honest.
I feel you, but we've already got a GTA thread, granted the date did get pushed back. But that started back in March.

Also, I think it has to do with the fact that it's part 1 of a game. If it were AC 2 or 3, I think we probably woulda started something much sooner. The game still has a lot to prove. And don't get me wrong, i'm not hating, i'm glad theres a thread for this game, no matter when it starts.
 10 years ago '04        #16
space
space
space
Yea I know, but, hey i'm not the mod ya know.
 10 years ago '04        #17
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
Been playing this for about an hour now. Its good but DEFINITELY overhyped. I'm going back to COD4
 10 years ago '05        #18
space
space
I'm on my way to ya crib homie, just leave the door open.

10 years ago '04        #19
space
space
space
 Tha754kid said:
Been playing this for about an hour now. Its good but DEFINITELY overhyped. I'm going back to COD4
Okay, so eh, if your playing the game then please tell us the pro's and con's about it so far.
 10 years ago '05        #20
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 1540 1540
How can you judge a game like this in an hour? Its been said that this game is pretty long.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy