Nov 8 - Raekwon: "If 8 Diagrams comes out, we're gonna make a new album MINUS RZA"

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
104 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-08-2007, 06:17 PM         #61
JAVI. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i heard that raekwon and rza have never met eye to eye and have always bickered and argued about the music they make...

anyone else hear something like that
 10 years ago '06        #62
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
they better get some just blaze,hi tek,dr. dre,timbaland prod. then
 10 years ago '04        #63
R-Geezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$978 | Props total: 1 1
 Thunda said:
miss info def lookin good enough to hit right now
:applause: I was thinking the same thing
 10 years ago '04        #64
SPYTAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$828 | Props total: 66 66
all I can say is damn......and I understand where Rae is coming from, but I also understand the point of view of RZA not wanting to do the same sh*t over and over again. I say bring back that old school sound without redoing what has already been done. I really hope they pull this together, and I hope 8 diagrams is on that sh*t too.
 11-08-2007, 08:00 PM         #65
SignalSoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JAVI. said:
i heard that raekwon and rza have never met eye to eye and have always bickered and argued about the music they make...

anyone else hear something like that
I can belive that otherwise why wouldnt he come back to the man that made Cuban Linx the success that it was. Immobilarity was a huge failure and Lex Diamond even larger.
 10 years ago '04        #66
blizzard 2 heat pts
space
space
$553 | Props total: 16 16
 ttime236 said:
damn, wu without the rza.....never saw that coming
They haven't and won't. Isn't RZA the reason for the old Wu sound? And if that was the case they musta left RZA in 94 cause I aint heard Wu since Cuban Linx. Ghost is the only once who has dropped fire since. And, we all know Method Man sucks.
 10 years ago '06        #67
soul_seek 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$379 | Props total: 57 57
^ Exactly. This is more Rae trying to say look we wanna do this, let all of us make it happen.
 11-08-2007, 09:45 PM         #68
BlackSaiyan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They need to work that sh*t out. If it's true the other members are also telling RZA it's not what the want then they need to find some middle ground or something. I could be wrong but I doubt Rae meant he wants the exact same thing all over again. You don't have to have some hippy sh*t or whatever it is RZA is dong they don't like for it to be different. New and different don't always equal dope, but I'm not there to hear it so I can only guess. I know where yall coming from saying they owe a lot to RZA but at the end of the day it's the Wu Tang Clan not RZA featuring the Wu Tang Clan.

If he don't want to switch it up then spread some of the production duties around. It doesn't "have" to be all RZA. We all know True Master, Mathematics, Bronze Nazareth, and 4th Disciple can't bring some heat. Then get other heads like No I.D., Nottz, Pete Rock, MF DOOM, etc. that's made some bangaz for Wu members over time. Hell, let Deck come up with some joints too. Some forget he does a lil producing too. It's not like Ghost & Deck's albums haven't still been bangaz with his use of other producers.

Oh well, I hope this sh*t doesn't fall through. The production is one thing but when money becomes an issue that's when heads really fall out. I hope RZA isn't pulling an Easy E on them n*ggaz or something.
 10 years ago '05        #69
maluku 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$173 | Props total: 2 2
 RakimAllahNY said:
There is no Wu without RZA. They need to understand that
Exactly.....

RZA = WU

The best solo albums are produced by RZA including Raekwon's....
 10 years ago '05        #70
bigpinero 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 573 573
 RakimAllahNY said:
There is no Wu without RZA. They need to understand that
co-sign..
 10 years ago '04        #71
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
they need to put some new producers on there like liveson and them d block producers
 11-09-2007, 07:00 AM         #72
DJ QUIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 soul_seek said:
And RZA needs to understand that there is no Wu-Tang without the other 7 (not including ODB).

From the sh*t I've heard from 8D, personally I think it's amazing. I can understand an artists progression and it's only right that they brought something new to the table. RZA been saying that he never had a clue about music when he produced 36 Chambers and started getting more and more into being an actual composer, which shows in his movie scoring work.

As far as I'm concerned though, I'm just happy for them to release 8 Diagrams, and even more happy for the rest of the Clan to go and do another album taking it back to the rawest level. I mean we got Ghost coming out soon, 8D's, that new GZA album "The Product" in the works, Shyheim is dropping soon, I think Meth might be working on something new, and now possibly another Clan album, sh*t is looking better and better imo.
i agree. its cool for old scchool but obviously rza is growing and the others arent. i say drop two albums so everyones happy.
 11-09-2007, 07:42 AM         #73
onq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does Raekwon have a army?

No!

So He needs to shut the Phuck Up!

10 years ago '05        #74
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
Damn...I hope they didnt fu*k this album up!!!!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '06        #75
soul_seek 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$379 | Props total: 57 57
 deeznutz said:
I read the wu-tang manual and what RZA said was at the beginning of the wu-tang when they were forming a group he told them all that he needed them for 5 years. What he meant was he needed 5 years of all their lives because he had a plan to make them the biggest hip hop group of all time. that means he basically produced everything, made the beats, picked album covers, did the whole business side and back then the rest of the wu basically agreed to just trust RZA for 5 years and he would make them stars. So what happened within 5 years???? They blew the fu*k up and the clan are all extremely talented MC's but it was RZA's 5 year plan that got them to where they are now. I'm not taking sides cause I dont know whats really going on with the business side of things but I think RZA is still thinking like he was back in 93 and that he knows what the next big sound is or whatever, but the problem is pretty much all of the clan have developed into stars on their own so now they want a lot more input but RZA might have the attitude of "I was right before so I'll be right in 2007" which I'm not sure if it's the case here. If anyone reads the book the Wu-Tang manual they'll understand more of how bossy and stubborn RZA can be but he is confident in his judgement because he turned them into the greatest rap group of all time.
What most people don't realize is that RZA was the visionary. Most of those dudes couldn't see the sh*t that he saw, he didn't just see the music, he saw Wu-Tang the brand. When they were starting out it was like they were his disciples you know? But now, they all grown a.ss men. They understand the business too. So while 10 years ago when RZA was saying about the money "trust me" they did exactly that, they trusted him. These guys have got kids and a family to worry about now, so they aren't as willing to throw all they trust into RZA. They wanna get paid, they wanna get involved, this is what the whole beef is about, it boils down to money and art. Rae said it himself.

And for all you other motherfu*kers talking like this is the end of the Clan, ain't no end of the Clan. GZA, k!lla, Uey, none of them have cosigned this sh*t. Fair enough, they might just do that in the next week or so, but at the minute we only got Rae and Ghost complaining. And Rae is one to talk in the first place. He's trying to criticise RZA for the sh*t he's doing when all he has to do is look at the lazy sh*t he's been spitting recently. Until he steps his game up he can't be critical of anyone.
 10 years ago '04        #76
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Rae must know whats up. He knows what the Wu fans want to hear, especially with how his post-RZA albums have done.
 10 years ago '05        #77
FreshTaDeath 
space
space
$557 | Props total: 1 1
this is fu*ked up....too many egos in the wu....they need thay dj khaled unity...lol....on the real an album not produced by the rza on sum old skool wu sh*t wud be crazzy
 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM         #78
the hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if lil jon did the new wu tang cd i might consider buyin it
wu rappin over crunk beats > rza legacy
 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM         #79
Walnutty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeznutz said:
I read the wu-tang manual and what RZA said was at the beginning of the wu-tang when they were forming a group he told them all that he needed them for 5 years. What he meant was he needed 5 years of all their lives because he had a plan to make them the biggest hip hop group of all time. that means he basically produced everything, made the beats, picked album covers, did the whole business side and back then the rest of the wu basically agreed to just trust RZA for 5 years and he would make them stars. So what happened within 5 years???? They blew the fu*k up and the clan are all extremely talented MC's but it was RZA's 5 year plan that got them to where they are now. I'm not taking sides cause I dont know whats really going on with the business side of things but I think RZA is still thinking like he was back in 93 and that he knows what the next big sound is or whatever, but the problem is pretty much all of the clan have developed into stars on their own so now they want a lot more input but RZA might have the attitude of "I was right before so I'll be right in 2007" which I'm not sure if it's the case here. If anyone reads the book the Wu-Tang manual they'll understand more of how bossy and stubborn RZA can be but he is confident in his judgement because he turned them into the greatest rap group of all time.
You forget one thing that rza dident pay all the money they supose to get he did them dirty while they trusted him thats fu*ked up .
 10 years ago '04        #80
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
rza lost his way
"fu*k is this rnb...rap n bullsh*t too many n*ggas goin against the grain this sh*t sh*t is hop hop too many n*ggas tryin to make funk n sh*t" i know yall remember that
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
27 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
127 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago