Nov 8 - Raekwon: "If 8 Diagrams comes out, we're gonna make a new album MINUS RZA"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 719 719
I feel rae because i want to hear that old Wu as well. But all yall talkin bout Rza is the Abbot, and there would be no Wu without him is trippin. Rza has trained quite a few beat makers, and im sure they could carry the torch. Mathmatics, and especially 4th disciple to name a few. They could hold it down, i want them to have a few tracks on the album anyway. Rza is a genius, but you have to be able to adapt. Rza is very abstract, i love him for that. But be honest, the last couple Wu albums were not that good because of the production. I respect Rza for always makin new sounds for himself , but he should respect his core fans and give them what they want. Some ol Wu bangers. Ghosts albums rock because he uses different beatsmiths. But still has that Wu sound. Rae had to go to Bus to help executive Produce his new unrealesed joint. Why?.......To replace an abbot they must be k!lled, natural death, or overthrown. Im sure he wont be kicked out the group, but they just want to prove a point to Rza . Ima buy both.
 10 years ago '04        #42
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 719 719
 D.C. said:
I blame the other members for ruining "Gently Weeps" with their sh*tty verses about nothing. They could have made a great song, but had to ramble on about sh*t no one cares about.
maybe they rambled because they were not feeling that old Ghostface through away track which was touched up.

....Oh yea i forgot about Tru Master. someone else mentioned that. He's nice.
 10 years ago '05        #43
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2230 2230
(Side bar) How come miss info dont look to good but I would still smash[/QUOTE]

Cause u curious to hear what she sounds like when u fu*king her. Id fu*k the sh*t outta her too for that and just to say i fu*ked the sh*t outta ms. info.
 11-08-2007, 04:53 PM         #44
Eqman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree with Rae. RZA is my favorite producer but i dont wanna hear that live instrumentation sh*t, i want that grimey, old classic WU
 10 years ago '04        #45
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,957 | Props total: 708 708
It sounds like RZA has the right idea... I don't wanna hear that "Old sh*t".. It's time for something new...

you can't be stuck in that for your entire career... I just hope the execution is as good as the idea...
 10 years ago '04        #46
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$22,765 | Props total: 28480 28480
too much live instumentation??? WTF....well excuse rza for actually wanting to make real music with feeling.......rza acually know how to make music now, so you can't blame him for actually doing so...

Last edited by mr_underground; 11-08-2007 at 05:04 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #47
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
 mr_underground said:
too much live instumentation??? WTF....well excuse rza for actually wanting to make real music with feeling.......rza acually know how to make music now, so you can't blame him for actually doing so...

Thats what Im sayin... these dudes think it's the 90's still... their un-willingness to change is why they can't move units and fell out of the mainstream of hip-hop...

Not saying the mainstream is where you wanna be, but remember, they used to be big... now cats will skip over a Wu-Related album on the shelf, because the feeling isn't the same.. all of their original fans GREW UP...
 10 years ago '04        #48
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$22,765 | Props total: 28480 28480
^^^ yeah i don't think they should go mainstream but redesign ther image and sound, a new logo and sound is all they need, that will revitalize them, because if they don't its just....."oh yeah, i remember wu-tang"

no person who actually listens to music would pefer imitation and digital samples vs. live instrumentation....only passive listners could request some sh*t like that or kids. i think the real issue is that rza is constantly growing and the other can't keep up. and like you said the wu fans are grown now, before i never understood the oldies and didn't like it, but now i understand and can appreciate it now that i am not 15. and i wouldn't want to go back to my musical taste when i was 15 either so if wu as to make an old school album i wouldn't be interested.

Last edited by mr_underground; 11-08-2007 at 05:08 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #49
JTwizzy 
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 0 0
 RakimAllahNY said:
There is no Wu without RZA. They need to understand that

word.
 10 years ago '04        #50
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
nobody means make the first album over u can do things in 2007 with the same quality as the old sh*t but with certain beats u aint gonna get that yall are annoying as sh*t saying i dont want that old sh*t...its not old
 11-08-2007, 05:19 PM         #51
Cartel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everybody has different taste i guess .. me personally i want the old wu style same with jay z nas and 90% of all our vetern rappers their older sh*t is way hotter then the sh*t they dropping here in the past few years guess its jus i came up on them rappers wit that style and can vibe to it where some younger cats came up on the newer sh*t wit the switched up styles and they can vibe to that . i kno once u drop that classic album u cant never really top it off wit a better cd like with mob deep for instance to me they will never drop a hotter cd then murda muzik . nas will never drop a hotter cd then illmatic or it was written ... jus a few examples and jus my opinion
 10 years ago '06        #52
soul_seek 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$379 | Props total: 57 57
Well if it goes the way Rae says it goes then it looks like both sets of fans will be happy.
 10 years ago '04        #53
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
 MegaTON said:
nobody means make the first album over u can do things in 2007 with the same quality as the old sh*t but with certain beats u aint gonna get that yall are annoying as sh*t saying i dont want that old sh*t...its not old

But it is old.. it's a sound thats kinda played out now... They have to keep up with us as fans... because while they were gone, we were listening to other music... we weren't just waiting for them to come back out... times have changed... at least for me, as far as music goes...

I'm not saying they can't use samples and what not, but try to be creative.. don't just re-hash the same formula from '94...

And I liked "The W" a lot... But Iron Flag was :thumbsdow
 10 years ago '04        #54
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
And while Rae's complaining.. he hasn't made anything good/relevant in what, almost 5 years? And the Lex Diamond story was Ok... but come on man... Rae isn't even what he used to be, so why would he think the whole collective would still be where they were back then...
 10 years ago '04        #55
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
 GoldynChyld421 said:
But it is old.. it's a sound thats kinda played out now... They have to keep up with us as fans... because while they were gone, we were listening to other music... we weren't just waiting for them to come back out... times have changed... at least for me, as far as music goes...

I'm not saying they can't use samples and what not, but try to be creative.. don't just re-hash the same formula from '94...

And I liked "The W" a lot... But Iron Flag was :thumbsdow
thats what im saying rza with a guitar dont mean its better and i dont want 1994 the 2007 version i just want hard sh*t WATCH UR MOUTH is hard as hell i like that soft sh*t too but a wu album with the grimey sh*t would be a lot better
 10 years ago '04        #56
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
Rza's keeping money, and not listening to creative opinions from members of the clan. These dudes have been living with this all along. Thats why they all went solo, with limited production from Rza. Rza owns the wu-tang name. If it has to do with wu, they gotta go through RZA. I remember watching the documentary of the last REAL wu-tang show, and the guy booked each artist as a solo act, RZA got pissed and felt he needed to OK it before it happened.
 10 years ago '04        #57
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
him and his brother divine shiesty as fu*k
 11-08-2007, 05:55 PM         #58
SignalSoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look at all the Wu satellite project.....anything Rza produced was a hit. Lets look at Rae for example

First album was a hip hop classic.
Next album -Rza was trash!

Ghostface is the only one that has marginal success outside RZA producing all of his sh*t. You roll with the Rza and you get hot sh*t.....otherwise you will have another Cappadonna Yin and Yang or Immobiliarity or Between the Surface
 10 years ago '04        #59
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
Yea I'm not saying that RZA is completely right... I think he has the right IDEA.. I just hope he doesn't do some wack sh*t and say it's creative...
 10 years ago '07        #60
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
 RakimAllahNY said:
There is no Wu without RZA. They need to understand that
:applause::applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy