Nov 8 - Raekwon: "If 8 Diagrams comes out, we're gonna make a new album MINUS RZA"

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
5970 pageviews
103 comments

soul_seek 1 heat pts
space
space
$379 | Props total: 57 57
Nov 8 - Raekwon: "If 8 Diagrams comes out, we're gonna make a new album MINUS RZA"

Rae is pretty pissed. He done an interview and was airing RZA the fu*k out. The video's are below, this is my recap of what he says.

--RZA trying to do too much live instrumentation. says him and the fans don't want that
--Says RZA is saying sh*t like "trust me". Rae says "no, cos we're not walking out of the studio happy"
--Says everyone in the Clan doesn't wanna be there because that guitar sh*t, that's RZA's vibe, calls him a "hiphop hippy"
--Rae wants to take it back to the old school vibe, says RZA just keeps saying "trust me" and compares it to coming to class like "okay teacher"
--Says the album is rushed, and isn't where he personally wants it to be. Says it's still a hard album with the lyrics, but he knows its not what the fans are expecting, they want the old sh*t.
--Talks about Ghost's recent issues with the Clan and money. Rae says he is having the same issues as Ghost, sometimes isn't seeing his money
--Says he got a lot respect for RZA, but the sound isn't where the Clan wants it to be, and RZA needs to get this money situation sorted now.
--Says that if 8 Diagrams comes out, the Clan are going to make a new album MINUS RZA
--Says if they do make new album, not doing it out of disrespect to RZA, but because they know the fans want the old sound
--The two beefs come down to money and art.

Part 1

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=IxVklC45bOQ
Part 2

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=YduSm_uxuc4

103 comments for "Nov 8 - Raekwon: "If 8 Diagrams comes out, we're gonna make a new album MINUS RZA""

11-08-2007, 11:41 AM         #2
djsmellie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rae is a real dude thats why I like him and I respect his opinion and I think he makes a valid point.

(Side bar) How come miss info dont look to good but I would still smash
 10 years ago '05        #3
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
damn...

still look forward to the album (i see they finally got a proper cover, real fu*kin nice) but i sure hope there's some ol skool wu left...
 10 years ago '07        #4
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
damn, wu without the rza.....never saw that coming
 10 years ago '04        #5
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,419 | Props total: 3927 3927
damn...
 11-08-2007, 12:04 PM         #6
Souljah1Eight7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, i hope they all dont start beefin, that would be some bull sh*t...
 10 years ago '04        #7
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
man this is fu*ked up...
i love wu tang so i hope someone can man up and say u know what im wrong...the only person that can fix this is rza
 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM         #8
eNcrypTioN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope they figure things out because it would definitely be a shame if they can't pull this together and agree on things. I hope the Clan doesn't break off and do solo stuff again. Where is the old Wu?
 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM         #9
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is no Wu without RZA. They need to understand that
 11-08-2007, 12:28 PM         #10
kurupt09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm looking forward to 8 Diagrams as is. I'll also look forward to the other one too, but regardless of what Rae says, The Rza is the abbot and from what I've heard, 8 Diagrams sounds great.
 10 years ago '07        #11
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
I love the Wu...but i can see where Uncle Rae is coming from. I heard that new single, my heart gently weeps about a month ago, then last week i hear the same song tagged official, with softer snares, and more guitar. It had less of that Wu sound than the first one. I feel Rae about taking it back the ol school. We need that old Wu to come back...
 10 years ago '04        #12
Dee 
space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 0 0
Well,that's stuid if they are trying to make a album minus RZA to get that old sound back. Rza created that old sound, without RZA Rae first album wouldn't been sh*t.
 10 years ago '07        #13
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
^^^But at the same time, what's the Wu without the Abbott...
 10 years ago '04        #14
agent41 
space
space
space
$473 | Props total: 5 5
wu tang died with odb
 10 years ago '04        #15
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
i know what ur sayin cuz but forreal raekwons right
 10 years ago '05        #16
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
actually Dee

don't underestimate the other in-house producers like 4th Disciple and Mathematics...there's a lot of wu-affiliated albums with no production from RZA that sound more WU than, for instance, The W

Last edited by whiz; 11-08-2007 at 12:35 PM..
 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM         #17
Thunda 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
miss info def lookin good enough to hit right now
 10 years ago '04        #18
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
damn this is fu*ked up...

Heart Gently Weeps, the official version sounds better to me, but does sound less like Wu than the original...but i think the samples are used better on the final version, as it sounds more like the Beatles are in the studio wit them...

as for the other songs i heard, the one wit Method Man talkin about ODB is hot as sh*t...so are a few others, but at the same time, theres a couple wack songs on there...

if Wu-Tang makes an album witout RZA....either Bronze Nazareth or Primo better produce it...cuz their the only ones besides RZA that i can see doin it right...

i def feel wut Rae is sayin about RZA usin mad guitars n sh*t...

and i def agree wit Rae when he says that the Clan & The Fans want that OLD WU SOUND...

hopefully they sort this sh*t out...but also, i dont want this album bein pushed back again either...i say fu*k it, sort it out - put out this album, then hop in the studio & make an album wit that classic sound...
 10 years ago '06        #19
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,785 | Props total: 469 469
The Wu hasn't been the same at times when Shyiem got locked up and Ol' DB died, but it seems like Method Man's last album didn't put his all into it with the Def Jam situation. Let alone so did Ghostface k!llah's album too, and I felt let down when I saw U-God's video on BET Uncut. Although, I'm left questioned on what happened to k!llah Army, k!llah Priest, & America's C.R.E.A.M. Team? Why did Raekwon changed his lyrical style up too? He's still one of my favorites from the Wu, but sometimes changing lyrical style usually turn some of the listeners away.... Look at Mr. Serv-On's 2 albums he had out with the old No Limit Records label where he changed his style (including Silkk). No matter what I'm still a big fan of Wu Tang Clan & the first two singles they came out are bangers.

8 Diagrams dropping.... I'm looking forward to it.

Built 4 Cuban Links 2..... I'm waiting for that.

Last edited by StreetZ17; 11-08-2007 at 12:48 PM..
 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM         #20
the hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aint they old enough to get goverment cheese
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy