most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
48 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #81
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1555 1555
To prevent yourself from getting fu*ked over like that you have to make sure you fill out the availability sheet to fit your schedule. For example, since I have season tickets to the Colts I am only available until 11:30am on Sundays. If you don't want to get stuck doing the truck until 4 in the morning make your availability 10pm (if you have school the next day tell them that). I now have the benefit of doing my own schedule, and my departments. sh*t works like clockwork for me cause I have guys that aren't in school right now and they actually want to work truck nights because of the chance for more hours.
 10 years ago '04        #82
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
^ Yea usually employers will ask you to confirm an availability sheet, which you can even change later. But some aren't like that. Like when I worked for JC Penney. They don't even give you an availability sheet to fill out. Wahtever schedule they lay out is final, and no changes can be made unless you want to be marked for it. 3 marks and you're fired. Like everyone already said, retail is just a bunch of bullsh*t. I don't think any respectable man or woman who's 25+ should be working in retail, but alot of them do.
 10 years ago '05        #83
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1555 1555
Yeah I agree about the 25+ thing, unless you're a manager or something. I'm 22, still in school and its my 2nd job. It may become my first job though, I'm meeting with the GM today about becoming the new CEM like I was saying in my first post in this thread. I heard the salary is really nice.
 10 years ago '04        #84
Twizted Bone 
space
space
$8,813 | Props total: 7 7
this sh*t is pure gold:applause:
if there was a book full of stories like this,i would buy ten of em just to give to friends and sh*t
 11-07-2007, 02:59 PM         #85
NickthaQuick1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the quizzes are part of retail...any retail....target, BB, furnature companies...everything...its to make sure people know what there talking about to customers

talking on the phone while stocking shelves? you sound like a bad worker...you dont do that sh*t man. if i was the manager id warn ya once and then fire you if i saw it again
 10 years ago '06        #86
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
$17,450 | Props total: 1099 1099
 ill800 said:
wow, the work ethic of gaming nerds. if this guy thinks best buy is bad hes in for real treat. i dont know what the fu*k you wanna do with life but you better wake the fu*k up and stop being such a bi*ch
wow... somebodys a little mad.. calm down.. aint that serious

working the floor at best buy might not be that bad, but unloading trucks until 4am? yeah i'd have to say thats the bottom of the barrel.. ive worked different jobs too.. at a gym cafe, telemarketer, painting.. best buy warehouse was by far the worst
 11-07-2007, 03:01 PM         #87
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
wtf are you talking about. Have you ever worked retail? If you have, all stores aren't going to be like your perfect little environment. WTF you mean his work ethic is pathetic, if he has other obligations that he'd like to tend to, and Best Buy won't let him? That seems pretty fu*ked up to me. He wasn't saying the work was hard, he saying they pay no mind to his need for time due to school, which if you've EVER been to college (probably not) you'd know most of your time is eaten up by going to class, doing work, studying, research, etc etc etc. Hell I have to study on every day i DONT have classes including Saturday and Sunday because I work after class and on my offdays during the weekdays. I'm grateful that my current employer (Vanguard Computer, office job) realizes that and works with me. The fact that his employer was treating him like sh*t and making him put work before the betterment of his education and future only fuels the fact that he's working in retail in the first place. It's bad enough that alot of Highschool and College kids are forced to work retail, service, or fast food, so having an employer who wont take your needs into consideration is a big kick in the nutsack

fu*k outta here, work ethic of gaming nerds. You don't know sh*t about nobody on these forums.
dude acting like he is exposing best buy or something... dude is whining about not having enough time to do his school work. welcome to the real world. and you act like this validates him stealing from the company. this sh*t is funny. if that sh*t was hurtin him like that then he shoulda either spoke the fu*k up or quit. guess what? employers in big businesses generally dont give a sh*t about you, the little guy. know why? cause you are fu*king EXPENDABLE. they can replace you with monkeys from the circus if they want. omg they wanted you to work more and more hours. shocking. guess you shoulda thought of that before you took a warehouse job at fu*king best buy for the holidays. @ buncha of fu*king kids that never worked a day in their life, complaining about their jobs. keep it up, this is comical

Last edited by ill800; 11-07-2007 at 03:02 PM..
 11-07-2007, 03:28 PM         #88
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ill800 said:
@ buncha of fu*king kids that never worked a day in their life, complaining about their jobs. keep it up, this is comical
thats makes no fu*king sense...commit that :hang::hang::hang:
 10 years ago '04        #89
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
Hate given. Yes, I'm mad on the internet, because apparently, you have a database of every BXGamer.com member that tells you how old they are, where they worked and how long, and what kind of schedule they have to go by.

Seriously, you sound like a fu*king philosophical crackhead trying to spread knowledge (In one word, retarded). How the fu*k can you say we've never worked a day in our life, and are complaining about our jobs? You oxymoronic a**hole. Like I said, alot of people are FORCED to work retail and other demeaning positions at younger ages because 2/3 times, that person is too inexperienced to be considered for any other type of job. Yes, retail employees are expendable and the corporate heads don't give a sh*t about you, but there's something called "human rights" that I think you should read about.

So, after all of your empty observations and ignorant outbursts, what kind of field are you in exactly? Do you even work? Do you have a college degree and/or ever had to experience the workload that college puts on you? Just how old are you anyway? I mean you seem to know alot about us, so I want to know the same about you.

Last edited by EGO; 11-07-2007 at 03:36 PM..
 11-07-2007, 04:30 PM         #90
BMJR 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Comic Book Guy said:
wow... somebodys a little mad.. calm down.. aint that serious

working the floor at best buy might not be that bad, but unloading trucks until 4am? yeah i'd have to say thats the bottom of the barrel.. ive worked different jobs too.. at a gym cafe, telemarketer, painting.. best buy warehouse was by far the worst

Any telemarketing stories? Do people ever get hostile?

Btw sick thread. Real people, real issues for once

Last edited by BMJR; 11-07-2007 at 04:32 PM..
 11-07-2007, 04:46 PM         #91
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BMJR said:
Any telemarketing stories? Do people ever get hostile?

Btw sick thread. Real people, real issues for once
lol i never worked as a telemarketer, 1 of my roomates did back during the 04 election , he would call ppl up and try to get their voting preferences you know how that goes, ppl will tell u there most intimate secrets before they let u know who they are voting for, hes told me some funny a.ss story, the funniest being this 1 guy

so he starts off asking the guy questions, then he gets into more political questions, than the guy starts asking him questions back like "where are you located, whats ur name, whos ur supervisor, whats the address?" lol then my boy finally ask him who he plans to vote for in the election and dude jus goes off ...dude told em he had all his information and that he was gunna drive down their and "stab you right in the fu*king heart" word 4 word...hahaha wtf is that sh*t?
 10 years ago '04        #92
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
wow i heard white people be getting heated over that sh*t but damn I didn't know it was that serious
 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM         #93
play107 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
wow i heard white people be getting heated over that sh*t but damn I didn't know it was that serious
its funny i heard the same thing about black people getting heated over fu*k all and shooting each other
 10 years ago '05        #94
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,264 | Props total: 2458 2458
 QualityRecords said:
To prevent yourself from getting fu*ked over like that you have to make sure you fill out the availability sheet to fit your schedule. For example, since I have season tickets to the Colts I am only available until 11:30am on Sundays. If you don't want to get stuck doing the truck until 4 in the morning make your availability 10pm (if you have school the next day tell them that). I now have the benefit of doing my own schedule, and my departments. sh*t works like clockwork for me cause I have guys that aren't in school right now and they actually want to work truck nights because of the chance for more hours.
tha thing with target is if your to restricted on availabilty target will basically say fu*k you and you will only get like 5-10 hour per week. iver personally seen it with alot of college students.

there was this bi*ch last week who was only scheduled 1 day for 6 hours last week. then she was on call for tha rest of tha week. they never called her once to go in and work. i feel sorry for tha lady to because shes actually one of the few hard workers.

another thing about target to is no one is on a set schedule. not even tha supervisor, mangers, hr, sh*t even tha general manager of tha store isnt on a set schedule. sh*t changes every week.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 11-07-2007 at 05:18 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #95
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4830 4830
man fu*k all the haters in this thread i am far from a gaming nerd hell i dont even own one gaming system i jus popped in cause the sh*t caught my attention because it was on the front page. and the sh*t was something that i could relate too having worked retail for a few years. first off it is not something that most people want to do and it sure isnt something that any sane person would set out to make a career out of. it is a convienient job when u have other things going on in your life, and u need what they lead you to believe is an easy paycheck. when the truth is if u have never did the sh*t u have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, all u know is go in the store find what u need pay for it and get the fu*k out. i have so much respect for people who work retail now because i know all the bullsh*t you have to go through to make hardly any money at all. i know about the 12 hour days and no personal time or time for school and family etc. its not even the fact that the sh*t is that demanding physically, its just that the inner workings of the retail system are designed to break you down mentally, and turn u into somewhat of a zombie for that particular company. they want u to believe that this is your life and nothing else matters anymore, except the common goal of that company. sh*t is fine for weak minded individuals or people who see no other way out. but people with a little sense as i see most people in this thread have are a retail managers worse nightmare. they are constantly going to push the limits just to see what they can and cant do, and then when we get tired of all the bullsh*t we simply quit because we know its something better out there. i actually had a manager tell me once you cant find a job as good as this one. i was like are u serious i make 7 bucks an hour maybe you can pull that sh*t off on one of them dumb a.ss slackers who come to work for weed money and sh*t but naw buddy not me. like i said retail should be something temporary until something better comes along. and if u are shooting for management then u are just as brainwashed as the regular employees. yea they tell u that u are gonna be makin all this money and u will. what they dont tell u is how u will be at work at least 12-20 hours a day on salary and when u break that sh*t down u only makin a couple bucks more per hour (if that) than the people you are managing.
 11-07-2007, 06:08 PM         #96
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
Hate given. Yes, I'm mad on the internet, because apparently, you have a database of every BXGamer.com member that tells you how old they are, where they worked and how long, and what kind of schedule they have to go by.

Seriously, you sound like a fu*king philosophical crackhead trying to spread knowledge (In one word, retarded). How the fu*k can you say we've never worked a day in our life, and are complaining about our jobs? You oxymoronic a**hole. Like I said, alot of people are FORCED to work retail and other demeaning positions at younger ages because 2/3 times, that person is too inexperienced to be considered for any other type of job. Yes, retail employees are expendable and the corporate heads don't give a sh*t about you, but there's something called "human rights" that I think you should read about.

So, after all of your empty observations and ignorant outbursts, what kind of field are you in exactly? Do you even work? Do you have a college degree and/or ever had to experience the workload that college puts on you? Just how old are you anyway? I mean you seem to know alot about us, so I want to know the same about you.
 11-07-2007, 06:37 PM         #97
Slick CM Rick 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
whatup rick i thought u liked it at best buy.
what up Q

i told you i liked it, read my last sentence

it just had its negatives :)
 11-07-2007, 06:53 PM         #98
BMJR 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T.O.N.Y said:
lol i never worked as a telemarketer, 1 of my roomates did back during the 04 election , he would call ppl up and try to get their voting preferences you know how that goes, ppl will tell u there most intimate secrets before they let u know who they are voting for, hes told me some funny a.ss story, the funniest being this 1 guy

so he starts off asking the guy questions, then he gets into more political questions, than the guy starts asking him questions back like "where are you located, whats ur name, whos ur supervisor, whats the address?" lol then my boy finally ask him who he plans to vote for in the election and dude jus goes off ...dude told em he had all his information and that he was gunna drive down their and "stab you right in the fu*king heart" word 4 word...hahaha wtf is that sh*t?
lol, then he wouldn't be able to vote, as a convicted felon.....Ironic
 10 years ago '07        #99
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
10 percent discount? thast changed cuz the best buy around here u get SIICK discounts on sh*t like u pay wut the store pays plus 10 percent off.
 11-07-2007, 08:42 PM         #100
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BMJR said:
lol, then he wouldn't be able to vote, as a convicted felon.....Ironic

one thing that really boggles my mind, is that there are actual INTERSHIPS at these pathetic chain stores, such as target. months ago there were a couple of younger people who were interns at target. im looking at these mofos like "wtf are they doing? u cant be possible spending thousands of dollars on tuition to end up at a horrible place like this"

and also when i first started one of the exec was a graduate from rutgers university. im like dude, u went to rutgers and this is wat u wanted to end up doing as a career? telling me where to put the christmas napkins in certain color patterns?

i can agree, that u cant possiblly be 100% sane in the membrane to wanna work at a target.

wouldnt that be embarrassing, when ur family is having like a reunion, and they ask where do you work now after graduating from rutgers, and u tell them TARGET!?

f that, ill commit that sh*t lol. im working on my bs in computer science, and going directly to my ms. ill be damned if i ever work at another target
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy