NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #61
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4832 4832
i have worked at target 3 yes 3 times, the first time was fresh out of high school i got a job on the flow team workin overnight, i did that sh*t for about a month and then my car broke down and that sh*t was on the other side of town so i pretty much said fu*k it and never went back. the second time i was jus lookin for a job and i was in target so i decided to put in a application jus to see what would happen, they actually called me back and hired me. i was shocked i stayed their over a year that time in the backroom in the daytime. that sh*t was cool as hell cause i didnt have to deal with no customers and in my down time i could pretty much chill out in the back eatin all the chips and candy and sh*t. sh*t was good for bout 8 months most of the managers liked me and i was cool with all the employees. so then i let this one manager that i was cool with convince me to go overnight so i could get the 2 dollar shift differential and that sh*t was the begining of the end. like a week after i went overnight they changed the shift from 10pm to 6am to 4:30am to 12pm, but u had to be on the clock on or before 430 to get the 2bucks, and i had a fu*kn drinkin/partying problem so i would stay out all night and try to come to work and sh*t. so out of the whole time i did that sh*t i probably made it on time about 10 times in four months so i never saw any of the money. so i was like fu*k it and switched back to the day shift. around that time they had just switched up to the 2 week pay period so they were putting up 2 schedules at a time. so anyway i hadnt had a off day in over a week and fu*ked around and looked at the schedule for the next week and thought i was off the next day. so i didnt show up for work. and when i did come back the next day which really was my off day they fired me for all the write ups i had from bein late when i was overnight and no call no show the day before.

so i was like fu*k it and copped a job a walmart for a while but that will be another post.

a while later i ran into one of my managers from target and he told me he was at the new super target they had just built. he said he would check my rehire status, n*gga hit me back a few days later and said it was all good and they hired my a.ss again. this time it lasted about a month i was like 21 or 22 by then with a fiance and my own crib and sh*t and 7.50 a hour just wasnt cuttin it no more so i worked there for a few weeks and bounced again. that was the official end of my retail career.
 10 years ago '05        #62
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,282 | Props total: 2473 2473
 "SS" said:
i have worked at target 3 yes 3 times, the first time was fresh out of high school i got a job on the flow team workin overnight, i did that sh*t for about a month and then my car broke down and that sh*t was on the other side of town so i pretty much said fu*k it and never went back. the second time i was jus lookin for a job and i was in target so i decided to put in a application jus to see what would happen, they actually called me back and hired me. i was shocked i stayed their over a year that time in the backroom in the daytime. that sh*t was cool as hell cause i didnt have to deal with no customers and in my down time i could pretty much chill out in the back eatin all the chips and candy and sh*t. sh*t was good for bout 8 months most of the managers liked me and i was cool with all the employees. so then i let this one manager that i was cool with convince me to go overnight so i could get the 2 dollar shift differential and that sh*t was the begining of the end. like a week after i went overnight they changed the shift from 10pm to 6am to 4:30am to 12pm, but u had to be on the clock on or before 430 to get the 2bucks, and i had a fu*kn drinkin/partying problem so i would stay out all night and try to come to work and sh*t. so out of the whole time i did that sh*t i probably made it on time about 10 times in four months so i never saw any of the money. so i was like fu*k it and switched back to the day shift. around that time they had just switched up to the 2 week pay period so they were putting up 2 schedules at a time. so anyway i hadnt had a off day in over a week and fu*ked around and looked at the schedule for the next week and thought i was off the next day. so i didnt show up for work. and when i did come back the next day which really was my off day they fired me for all the write ups i had from bein late when i was overnight and no call no show the day before.

so i was like fu*k it and copped a job a walmart for a while but that will be another post.

a while later i ran into one of my managers from target and he told me he was at the new super target they had just built. he said he would check my rehire status, n*gga hit me back a few days later and said it was all good and they hired my a.ss again. this time it lasted about a month i was like 21 or 22 by then with a fiance and my own crib and sh*t and 7.50 a hour just wasnt cuttin it no more so i worked there for a few weeks and bounced again. that was the official end of my retail career.
i made tha same mistake by letting them sucker me into tha night shift for back room. there were nights were it was chill but there were nights when i would get hit with an 16 hour work load then tha next fu*kin day a manager would come up to and ask me why tha job wasnt finished.

i told them there was no way anyone could finish a 16 hour work load in 7 1/2 hours. they always thought i was lying but they had a surpized look on there face when i busted out paper work showing there actually was a 16hour work load.

i had to controll backroom and recieving plus help get carts, stock tha shelves, help with team lifts, and carry outs. when they first told me about the night shift all they said i would be doing is pulling merchandise from tha backroom not all that other sh*t.

fu*king target im glad im now on flow team and no longer in the backroom.
 10 years ago '04        #63
TrackMagic 
space
space
$3,928 | Props total: 0 0
I did loss prevention @ best buy.... they have tapes in the room to record sh*t. they go thru a months tapes and re-record over them so basically anything that may or happend and wasnt viewed within the month they wouldnt have a real record of it.

CBG is right they treat people like a.ss those fu*king morning meetings were bullsh*t. and annoying as hell. i worked there a year and a half doing that gay a.ss job of LP, and they had the LP people at one point helping with the truck.

Management at bestbuy is a revolving door, they go thru GM's like a nypho fu*ks.

in a year i had 4 diff gms, i went to visit my old store they now on their 7th GM.

I Reported My GM for accusing me of stealing telling me to empty my pockets and sh*t, and watching me when i put things in the LP office never been so upset in my life. , BUT the Human Resource people got in that a.ss LOL.

see ya'll dudes be on some merchanise sh*t, my hustle i steal time. @ CC i never clock out for breaks i had manager codes so i would edit my hours, id come to work MADDDD Late, and nobody even notices, and im still #1 selling in my store so nobody really fu*ks with me about sh*t.

Overall i like working for CC less politics more structure, yea they do move some store managers around but def not the frequency of best buy
gm1 got promoted gm2 got in trouble for s3xual harassment GM3 was a total douchbag...

But really theres loopholes in every retail store, its up to you to not get too greedy get sh*t you really want, and keep your hustle to a bare minimum, you get greedy you get caught.

im liking the pay im getting now, i started there @8.50 now im at 10.20 in a year and a half... good for college type job, but other that that retail Sucks.
 10 years ago '04        #64
TrackMagic 
space
space
$3,928 | Props total: 0 0
 T.O.N.Y said:
lol this is off topic, but i was just thinking back to my target days writing all these posts...there was this 1 time i was on lunch break, chillin in the break room, all of a sudden i hear madd commotion, some bi*ch comes running into the break room talking about "there is a skunk on the loose in the store, you gotta come help us", iam like nah chill let me finish my samich, so i stay in there chillin, like 5 minutes pass and this like 50 yr old lady who worked back in the toy department comes back there all dripping wet, smelling like sh*t, this bi*ch got sprayed by the fu*kin skunk on some real pepe lepou sh*t

most fu*ked up part about it is, she was all heated like i gotta go home i gotta go home, they aint even let her go home cus it was season, they gave her a new shirt, and sprayed her old shirt off wit a hose back behind the store, n she had to keep on the same stank a.ss pants for the rest of her shift...poor lady
LMAO!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #65
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
im glad i work in a nursing home, you guys have some serious horror stories
 11-07-2007, 05:07 AM         #66
mAmaYoKe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Been at BBY 3 years come December. Can't say that I can agree with much said in this thread. I've never stolen from BBY, then again I think people only steal when they don't have enough money to pay for the stuff themselves . Anywho, I started out in Media, but now I'm the Hiring Coordinator. Basically, I got a pretty good deal for a college job. I make my own schedule, no more tedious labor like when I was in Media, and I sit down for most of the day. My title is more or less an office job. So all in all I'm one of the lucky BBY employees...
 10 years ago '04        #67
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 mAmaYoKe said:
Been at BBY 3 years come December. Can't say that I can agree with much said in this thread. I've never stolen from BBY, then again I think people only steal when they don't have enough money to pay for the stuff themselves . Anywho, I started out in Media, but now I'm the Hiring Coordinator. Basically, I got a pretty good deal for a college job. I make my own schedule, no more tedious labor like when I was in Media, and I sit down for most of the day. My title is more or less an office job. So all in all I'm one of the lucky BBY employees...
What kinda a.ssumption is that? Most people steal and turn the merch right back around. I've never seen someone steal from the job and keep it. I myself have never stolen, for reselling or being cheap, but I can almost guarantee you wouldn't wanna be seen with a stolen iPod when your boss just found it missing in inventory.
 10 years ago '06        #68
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1101 1101
yep..

Last edited by Honolulu Blue; 01-01-2013 at 07:06 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #69
whatagwan 
space
space
space
$806 | Props total: 2 2
Who"s Best Buy?????
 10 years ago '06        #70
Profycy 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,924 | Props total: 1255 1255
retail is a bi*ch but once you work they for a year at leats u can really do as u please, no pressure u just have to play it right.
 10 years ago '06        #71
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Comic Book Hater sounds like a huge hater....
hmm...
 10 years ago '04        #72
chiller883 
space
space
$890 | Props total: 11 11
I used to work at Best Buy too when I was in college. It was cool for the first couple months, but then when holiday season came around, it got crazy. I worked in the computer dept, which was the busiest dept in my store since we were located by the university. It was ridiculous. I wish I had got in on the hustle when i started working there, but by the time i got hip to it, they cracked down on it. I knew dudes that would unload the truck and have somebody parked by the truck in the back and they would just drop off a camera or an ipod or a laptop here or there. And they would get away with it.

The part about being overworked is true too. I was a full time student, but when the holidays came around, i was in that bi*ch til like 1 or 2 in the morning... EVERY night. When it came time to do yearly inventory, they had everybody in the store counting every single piece of everything in the store. People was there til like 5 in the morning. I had an exam the next morning and I told them that weeks in advance and they refused to have me work the day shift, so I said fu*k it and walked out. They didn't even notice.

While I was oblivious to the hustle in the back, unloading the truck, I still got my Robbin Hood on. Anybody that came to me and wanted to use my discount, they got it. I don't care if I didn't even like the person, if they needed a stereo or some speakers or whatever, I used my discount for them. People would come in and buy a computer package (tower, monitor, and printer) and would have to buy the usb cable to hook up the printer. As some of you may know, the usb cables are like 30 bucks. So I would pull the customer aside and tell them I could get them a cable for 10. They would give me the 10 in cash and i would pay a dollar and some change for that same cable. I only did that with customers that I knew I could trust. Over my year and a half working there, I bought 11 car stereos, 8 subs, 4 sub boxes, 4 amps, 6 amp kits, 3 tvs, 5 cell phones, 3 car alarms, 4 laptops (with service plans) and countless other cables and accessories. Nobody ever questioned me or anything. I would charge a 15% commission for everything I bought, so I was getting something out of it on the side too. But the thing that really made me mad was the fact that I started out making 7.25 then after a year and a half, finally got up to 8. On some days, I would sell $30,000 worth of stuff in a shift, and wouldn't see a dime of that. While the managers, would get bonuses if they met the goals. I thought that was pretty shady. There were managers at my store that were maybe 2 or 3 years older than me, but were making like $60,000 a year just because of the bonuses. It was crazy.

My advice to anybody thinking about working at a Best Buy or Circuit City is simple, work there if you want to, but take advantage of that discount every chance you get.
 10 years ago '06        #73
space
space
 chiller883 said:
I used to work at Best Buy too when I was in college. It was cool for the first couple months, but then when holiday season came around, it got crazy. I worked in the computer dept, which was the busiest dept in my store since we were located by the university. It was ridiculous. I wish I had got in on the hustle when i started working there, but by the time i got hip to it, they cracked down on it. I knew dudes that would unload the truck and have somebody parked by the truck in the back and they would just drop off a camera or an ipod or a laptop here or there. And they would get away with it.

The part about being overworked is true too. I was a full time student, but when the holidays came around, i was in that bi*ch til like 1 or 2 in the morning... EVERY night. When it came time to do yearly inventory, they had everybody in the store counting every single piece of everything in the store. People was there til like 5 in the morning. I had an exam the next morning and I told them that weeks in advance and they refused to have me work the day shift, so I said fu*k it and walked out. They didn't even notice.

While I was oblivious to the hustle in the back, unloading the truck, I still got my Robbin Hood on. Anybody that came to me and wanted to use my discount, they got it. I don't care if I didn't even like the person, if they needed a stereo or some speakers or whatever, I used my discount for them. People would come in and buy a computer package (tower, monitor, and printer) and would have to buy the usb cable to hook up the printer. As some of you may know, the usb cables are like 30 bucks. So I would pull the customer aside and tell them I could get them a cable for 10. They would give me the 10 in cash and i would pay a dollar and some change for that same cable. I only did that with customers that I knew I could trust. Over my year and a half working there, I bought 11 car stereos, 8 subs, 4 sub boxes, 4 amps, 6 amp kits, 3 tvs, 5 cell phones, 3 car alarms, 4 laptops (with service plans) and countless other cables and accessories. Nobody ever questioned me or anything. I would charge a 15% commission for everything I bought, so I was getting something out of it on the side too. But the thing that really made me mad was the fact that I started out making 7.25 then after a year and a half, finally got up to 8. On some days, I would sell $30,000 worth of stuff in a shift, and wouldn't see a dime of that. While the managers, would get bonuses if they met the goals. I thought that was pretty shady. There were managers at my store that were maybe 2 or 3 years older than me, but were making like $60,000 a year just because of the bonuses. It was crazy.

My advice to anybody thinking about working at a Best Buy or Circuit City is simple, work there if you want to, but take advantage of that discount every chance you get.
Haha, I love this thread. Props

It's easier to get away with grabbing the more expensive sh*t if it passes through a lot more on a consistent basis. For example, you say you worked at a store near a college, so I'm sure computers/laptops/etc were flying off the shelves. So if you get trucks to match that demand, laptops were probably coming in all the time. We would only get like 20 laptops MAX a truck, and they were all hand counted for by the supervisor or manager. Trust me, it aint like I never thought about it . Small sh*t like Ipod's, anything that can fit into a pocket or purse or whatever, that's easy. But the laptops, TV's, anything bigger that you'd actually have to make a "getaway plan" I wasn't down for.
 10 years ago '05        #74
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,093 | Props total: 10785 10785
Moral of the story?

fu*k BEST BUY

I HATE THEM, i don't even go into the one i used to work at anymore, thas how much i hate them.

10 years ago '06        #75
space
space
It took me a while to go back to the store I worked at. I've only been there like 3 or 4 times since I quit. I still see some faces I recognize in there.
 11-07-2007, 11:34 AM         #76
_QD_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
Moral of the story?

fu*k BEST BUY

I HATE THEM, i don't even go into the one i used to work at anymore, thas how much i hate them.

:iagree:
 10 years ago '04        #77
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 XxC4xX said:
im glad i work in a nursing home, you guys have some serious horror stories
gross n*gga... I used to deliver med packs around town to the different nursing homes... I hated that sh*t... got paid like 14/hr but man all nurses were bi*ches and lazy and some of them places were just nasty as fu*k
 11-07-2007, 12:03 PM         #78
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow, the work ethic of gaming nerds. if this guy thinks best buy is bad hes in for real treat. i dont know what the fu*k you wanna do with life but you better wake the fu*k up and stop being such a bi*ch
 10 years ago '04        #79
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
wtf are you talking about. Have you ever worked retail? If you have, all stores aren't going to be like your perfect little environment. WTF you mean his work ethic is pathetic, if he has other obligations that he'd like to tend to, and Best Buy won't let him? That seems pretty fu*ked up to me. He wasn't saying the work was hard, he saying they pay no mind to his need for time due to school, which if you've EVER been to college (probably not) you'd know most of your time is eaten up by going to class, doing work, studying, research, etc etc etc. Hell I have to study on every day i DONT have classes including Saturday and Sunday because I work after class and on my offdays during the weekdays. I'm grateful that my current employer (Vanguard Computer, office job) realizes that and works with me. The fact that his employer was treating him like sh*t and making him put work before the betterment of his education and future only fuels the fact that he's working in retail in the first place. It's bad enough that alot of Highschool and College kids are forced to work retail, service, or fast food, so having an employer who wont take your needs into consideration is a big kick in the nutsack

fu*k outta here, work ethic of gaming nerds. You don't know sh*t about nobody on these forums.
 11-07-2007, 01:27 PM         #80
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like reading these stories about how everybody else in this world works. I think the enjoyment of your work all depends on your boss.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy