Confessions of a (former) Best Buy Warehouse Employee

most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
was this the one on gratiot, the one in southfield, or somewhere else?
 10 years ago '05        #42
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1563 1563
Oh man I'm loving this thread so much right now. I'm a media sup at BBY (2nd job)right now, but I just got another job and my general manager heard about it somehow and he called me while I was reading this thread. He said the CEM (customer experience manager) was going to another store and that he wanted me to be the new CEM at our store. I'm going to have to think about it and see what kind of money I can get. I was going to turn in my 2 weeks notice, and I only told a couple people. They must've passed it along to him.

But yeah, retail is not fun. If you don't move up fairly quickly you're going to have to really work your a.ss off to get anywhere cause they pass over you a lot. Line level employees (non-sups and managers) get treated pretty badly unless they sell a lot, and the supervisors get yelled at weekly if they don't hit their goals.

I would advise people to stay away from retail unless you need a 2nd job.
 10 years ago '04        #43
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
UPS <<<<<

4-9 am shift n*ggas

they dont give a fuk bout ya.... but i ddint give a fuk bout them... ill take them benefits and once a week checks

no i dont work there anymore... I lasted 6 months fuk dat sh*t
 10 years ago '05        #44
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,219 | Props total: 15784 15784
Good stories...never had to work retail(Been in the military since high school)but i did think about working at a EB games or Gamestop part time tho.....

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 11-06-2007 at 10:56 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #45
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4015 4015
 e G o Maniac said:
Well sh*t let me confess.

Wal-Mart is a.ss. Before and AFTER I worked there. The end. It was even worse AFTER working there. I didn't even last a week. I know it's not enough to give a proper trial, but when I see my supervisor taking 3 hour breaks and doing NO WORK, my co-workers taking off 4 hours early leaving me to do nothing because noone fu*king around to tell me what to do, and gotta go in early for the dumbass walmart meetings where they make you sing the stupid walmart song. fu*k THAT. I got paid for 4 and a half days of training and 1.5 days of floor work. The last night I worked, I walked out like 5 hours before my shift ended, right after my lunch break. Came back 2 weeks later for the check. Never went to that store again not even to shop.
LMAO
 10 years ago '05        #46
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1563 1563
Walmart has a song??? Oh man I'm gonna try to make someone sing it the next time I go there.
 10 years ago '05        #47
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,271 | Props total: 2463 2463
 QualityRecords said:
Walmart has a song??? Oh man I'm gonna try to make someone sing it the next time I go there.
i used to work for a wal-mart distribution center (shipping whare-house) and during there meetings the would pick 8 people, usually the new employees, and make them line up side by side and make them say "give me an w, give me an a, give me an l" and so on and so forth until tha entire wal-mart letters were shouted out.

they even got a name for tha dash (-) in between wal-mart. they called it tha squiggly. i would say tha person who has to do what they called squiggly got embarressed tha most. its hard to explain how it look but it looks fu*king retarded.

anyone who's every worked for the wal-mart coporation can testify about how retarded tha squiggly looks when done by there employees.

click tha link below to see exactly what wal-mart employees have to chant at the end of every meeting.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 11-06-2007 at 11:25 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #48
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1574 1574
 UknowWhatItIs said:
UPS <<<<<

4-9 am shift n*ggas

they dont give a fuk bout ya.... but i ddint give a fuk bout them... ill take them benefits and once a week checks

no i dont work there anymore... I lasted 6 months fuk dat sh*t
1. i just filled out an app. to Best Buy, so thanks n*ggas, cause i will NOT be following up

2. and yes, UPS <<<<<<______
 10 years ago '05        #49
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,271 | Props total: 2463 2463
i found a youtube video showing someone perform tha squiggly.

10 years ago '04        #50
MysticSSJosh 
space
space
$1,217 | Props total: 0 0
that was a pretty crazy read. I work at BB in the media department and now i work music, movies an games. I've worked a little over a year and now its just gettin too repetitive.

my new sup is a friend who was SWAT. i didnt bother to apply for the sup spot because i dont want upper management issues like everyone has. Even though he is a good buddy, he sits there thinking he is the sh*t everynow and then, with a bipolar attitude and its annoying, and ive told him that.

Typically, i help everywhere, and everyone things i should either be media sup or in the C.A. program.

lol sorry, I wouldn't mind grabbing another job, but when im working 40 (fulltime) i dont have time to explore for other jobs. buddy is starting at borders, so i might check that. but yeah retail is definitely getting annoying.
 11-06-2007, 11:52 PM         #51
Slick CM Rick 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i worked at best buy years ago when i was dumb and young. I remember the bullsh*t managers watching every employee from a ladder in the middle of the store to make sure we were approaching EVERY customer. Even if we already approached them, if he didn't see it, he would give us sh*t about it on the walkie talkie.

I remember the sh*t salaries. The truck night working in media sucked as well. Also, the shrink (theft) was out of control and everyone was being blamed for bullsh*t. The scheduling sucked too. I would ALWAYS get called into work (though i would go because i needed the money, because hrs were so inconsistent). Best buy has a budget as far as hours go when they spread them out to employees. Full time people may only get 32 hrs a week, sometimes not even that. We were always pressured to finish putting away the truck to avoid staying late. The managers would get mad if we didn't close in time because they didn't want to pay us overtime, or even any extra time for that matter.

The pressure with the numbers was also horrible as far as sales goes. The managers would walk around and tell us how low our accessory number is, and how we must improve it. Bottom line, is I was one of there best salesman, and for the sh*t money I was making, it wasn't worth it. They tried to offer me more money, but I took another job elsewhere because I know how retail is. They may offer you a raise, but you will be fired to save them money, while they bring in some noob off the street for much less cash.

Don't get me wrong I loved working there (with the people, etc) and I worked there for over a year, but........

fu*k retail!
 10 years ago '04        #52
latin_linx 349 heat pts349
space
space
$9,772 | Props total: 320 320
i been working at Best buy for 4 years now and none of the manger hardly do sh*t, my store even don't do those stupid cheers anymore thank god. those stupid e-learing bullsh*t i haven't took one since may, the job will be the sh*t if it wasn't for the dumb fu*king customers that come in acting like idoits and always wanna yell at somebody
 10 years ago '04        #53
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,358 | Props total: 1578 1578
i was at best buy for 3 yrs. got promoted after my first year. I worked at a "ghetto" bestbuy so I've seen some & done wild sh*t (Walked right out the front door with TVs games systems etc to bangin out cashiers in the fixture room. Good ol Bestbuy 282!! I also worked at target. I was hardlines 1. It was cool as long as you weren't a closer. Closing at Target on the weekend this time of year meant your a.ss wasn't leaving until 2 or 3 in the morning.
 10 years ago '04        #54
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,358 | Props total: 1578 1578
 Slick CM Rick said:
i worked at best buy years ago when i was dumb and young. I remember the bullsh*t managers watching every employee from a ladder in the middle of the store to make sure we were approaching EVERY customer. Even if we already approached them, if he didn't see it, he would give us sh*t about it on the walkie talkie.
I thought that was just our store.
 10 years ago '04        #55
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 HiRolliN said:
i used to work for a wal-mart distribution center (shipping whare-house) and during there meetings the would pick 8 people, usually the new employees, and make them line up side by side and make them say "give me an w, give me an a, give me an l" and so on and so forth until tha entire wal-mart letters were shouted out.

they even got a name for tha dash (-) in between wal-mart. they called it tha squiggly. i would say tha person who has to do what they called squiggly got embarressed tha most. its hard to explain how it look but it looks fu*king retarded.

anyone who's every worked for the wal-mart coporation can testify about how retarded tha squiggly looks when done by there employees.

click tha link below to see exactly what wal-mart employees have to chant at the end of every meeting.

Oh my god, the horror. after EVERY meeting. Then we had to memorize the store number and I made an a.ss of myself tryna say it, just throwin out random numbers. NEVER A-fu*kIN-GAIN.
 10 years ago '04        #56
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 Slick CM Rick said:

I remember the sh*t salaries. The truck night working in media sucked as well. Also, the shrink (theft) was out of control and everyone was being blamed for bullsh*t. The scheduling sucked too. I would ALWAYS get called into work (though i would go because i needed the money, because hrs were so inconsistent). Best buy has a budget as far as hours go when they spread them out to employees. Full time people may only get 32 hrs a week, sometimes not even that. We were always pressured to finish putting away the truck to avoid staying late. The managers would get mad if we didn't close in time because they didn't want to pay us overtime, or even any extra time for that matter.

The pressure with the numbers was also horrible as far as sales goes. The managers would walk around and tell us how low our accessory number is, and how we must improve it. Bottom line, is I was one of there best salesman, and for the sh*t money I was making, it wasn't worth it. They tried to offer me more money, but I took another job elsewhere because I know how retail is. They may offer you a raise, but you will be fired to save them money, while they bring in some noob off the street for much less cash.

Don't get me wrong I loved working there (with the people, etc) and I worked there for over a year, but........

fu*k retail!
whatup rick i thought u liked it at best buy.
 11-07-2007, 12:37 AM         #57
micwrecka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this n*gga got mad cuz they didnt get GTA in so he could steal it. props
 10 years ago '04        #58
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
this is off the topic cause i never worked at hollywood video but in any event. this is some fun sh*t me and my friends did before school started back when we were like 13yrs old. we decided to go trash hoping at the stores by are apartment didn't actually jump in till we hit the hollywood dumpster. threw the lid back and sitting there were $300.00 worth of unvoided hollywood gift certificates and at are age we were like jackpot. went in bought movies and previously played n64 games. then we thought bigger than that and started buying candy cause you can't really get much out of hollywood and i don't think kids came to school with an extra 20 or 30 bucks on them to buy movies and games. so we did that after school but we shutdown anybody selling candy in the school. that sh*t was fun we had a good time selling that candy and spending that money to. made us popular in school especially with the girls.
 10 years ago '05        #59
D-BLOCK4LIFE 
space
space
space
$1,111 | Props total: 0 0
my boy got fired for missing that sunday morning mandatory meeting that b*tch was like at 7:30
 10 years ago '04        #60
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
but i did work at target that sh*t sucked badly.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago