Phat ass white girl for real
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
14244 pageviews
125 comments

Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1099 1099
Confessions of a (former) Best Buy Warehouse Employee

huh??

Last edited by Honolulu Blue; 01-01-2013 at 07:01 PM..

125 comments for "Confessions of a (former) Best Buy Warehouse Employee"

10 years ago '06        #2
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
nah..

Last edited by Honolulu Blue; 01-01-2013 at 07:02 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #3
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Im liking these confession threads. Where are they all coming from?
 10 years ago '06        #4
WhoSentU 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 562 562
 e G o Maniac said:
Im liking these confession threads. Where are they all coming from?
I might be wrong, but I think Comic Book Guy wrote this himself.
 10 years ago '05        #5
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10775 10775
I'm not through reading yet but... I don't remember taking multiple quizzes while training... our training consisted of 2 days of watching videos and some mandatory sunday meeting where we had to say who our favorite comic character and alcoholic beverage was... HOWEVER

We would get merchandise trucks every Wednesday and Friday night. That was just the normal schedule; Holiday schedule was like 4 or 5 nights a week. The unloading nights weren't too bad, except I would get out at like 3 or 4 AM. We're talking 12 hour days sometimes, and this was supposed to be a part time job. I had to drop my Math class because I was never able to make it after those truck unloading nights. This job immediately interfered with my school schedule, and nobody there cared. They didn't care at all. All they cared about was having a body there to unload cargo.
^^^that's exactly why I quit... Best Buy became WAAYYY more demanding than my school schedule and I couldn't handle it... so i dipped out on them
 10 years ago '06        #6
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
 P-Hill said:
I'm not through reading yet but... I don't remember taking multiple quizzes while training... our training consisted of 2 days of watching videos and some mandatory sunday meeting where we had to say who our favorite comic character and alcoholic beverage was... HOWEVER

^^^that's exactly why I quit... Best Buy became WAAYYY more demanding than my school schedule and I couldn't handle it... so i dipped out on them
The quizzes weren't apart of the training session. It was part of your everyday work. At the end of your shift or when you get some free time, you get on the computer and do those quizzes. I forget what the name of them was but I clearly remember it.
 10 years ago '05        #7
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10775 10775
Oh that's wack as hell... the end of my work night consisted of putting sh*t back on the shelf (I worked in media and had to clean sh*t up ALL OVER the store) and vacuuming... if i had 6-close shift, I wouldn't be outta there till midnight/1 in the morning
 11-06-2007, 04:04 PM         #8
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Retail is complete bullsh*t, i had a similar job working the electronics department at Target, i use to steal madd sh*t/give me n my ppls big a.ss discounts on games/other electronics...i ran madd hustles thru that store, i ended up getting caught tho cus 1 time my cousin came in and i sold em MLB 2k6 for like 20 bucks, and they were kinda on 2 me so i guess loss prevention saw me talking to them on 1 of the cameras and confronted my cousin as he left the store (they saw the receipt = i was fu*ked)

shady part is they didnt immediately fire me, my cousin let me know what happened and i started getting suspicious so i jus quit doing what i was doing...a few weeks like 2 or 3 pass and then they finally bring me in and start questioning, i guess they were jus watching me that entire few weeks to see if i was doing nething else...thankfully i had stopped, so they only busted me for that video game i had to pay them back 25 dollars in losses, little do they know i jacked well over 1000 dollars worth of merchandise from there
 10 years ago '04        #9
scandalous42 
space
space
space
$169 | Props total: 1 1
best boy jobs are for the weak... if your 16 work there, if not , have some self dignity, you can get another bullsh*t retail job that will pay you more.

I worked for HP some years back and had to train the best buy employees how to market and sell HP products.. in canada these poor kids were getting paid 8 dollars an hour getting worked!! they could easily go across the street to futureshop (now owned by same company) and get base + commission.

I also found it absolutely hilarious when they would have to to their store cheers, that sh*t was so corny. I remember seeing this one girl get fired beucase it was the 3rd time she parked in ''customer parking'' and not on the road... oh man good times , as a store they're great, i dont think they treat their employees wel at all. This has nothing to do with managmenet style, it has to do with their corporate culture (set by the head office I suppose) and profitability.

my 2 cents.
 10 years ago '04        #10
scandalous42 
space
space
space
$169 | Props total: 1 1
It's funny they took the strategy to retain you as an employee instead of firing you. Business teaches you that it cost 8 times more to hire a new employee than retain an old one.. you must have been a good sales rep.

oh man, gotta love the hussles, i think we all have some stories from back in the day.

T.O.N.Y said:
Retail is complete bullsh*t, i had a similar job working the electronics department at Target, i use to steal madd sh*t/give me n my ppls big a.ss discounts on games/other electronics...i ran madd hustles thru that store, i ended up getting caught tho cus 1 time my cousin came in and i sold em MLB 2k6 for like 20 bucks, and they were kinda on 2 me so i guess loss prevention saw me talking to them on 1 of the cameras and confronted my cousin as he left the store (they saw the receipt = i was fu*ked)

shady part is they didnt immediately fire me, my cousin let me know what happened and i started getting suspicious so i jus quit doing what i was doing...a few weeks like 2 or 3 pass and then they finally bring me in and start questioning, i guess they were jus watching me that entire few weeks to see if i was doing nething else...thankfully i had stopped, so they only busted me for that video game i had to pay them back 25 dollars in losses, little do they know i jacked well over 1000 dollars worth of merchandise from there
 10 years ago '04        #11
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 WhoSentU said:
I might be wrong, but I think Comic Book Guy wrote this himself.
Oh I didn't know he worked for Best Buy. Nice read though. Man I remember my guy trying to get hired there. He had to go through 3 interviews, and didnt even get the job over a BS question. I don't know though. Can't say I wouldn't work at their store since I've never heard any testimonials.
 11-06-2007, 04:43 PM         #12
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man i work at target. i hate that place man, im just doing it for a bit of pocket change, and a few expenses.

i got a scheme set up before i quit, but im having doubts cause security is getting realllllllly tight around electronics. so i dunno

but yea retail is a horrible job, and i dont understand how some of these older adults can put up with 7.50 an hour. i dont put up with it trust me. on an average day for me, since i only work weekends, on a 7 hour shift, i put in a good 40-50 min of work in.

the rest of the time im just dunking the balls in the ball cage, throwing the football around to other employees, stealing candy from the seasonal section (halloween, christmas etc.)

i can honestly say that im a bad influence on the employees who try to a good job

and i still remember when i first got hired, hr tells me and i quote "retail is where the money is at"

of course i didnt say anything at the time, cause it was my first or second job, but i hope a manager or exec dont say some sh*t like that. employees know i dont give a sh*t bout target.

and people are willing to rat u at! which i dont understand cause the 'snitch' cant really benefit from that. so when people try to rat me out, i insist and a couple of times ive even called the execs for the snitcher over the walkie

just venting a little bit
 10 years ago '07        #13
Shawtymann 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$820 | Props total: 81 81
my brother used to work for BB like 4-5 years ago and he quit and was like he would never work there again. I'ma ask him why he quit when he gets home
 10 years ago '06        #14
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4014 4014
Oh sh*t you wrote this CB Guy? Well, it's good to know. Can you give us more info. on the camera surveillance system/security? What's that like?
 10 years ago '04        #15
Dosia 
space
space
$1,609 | Props total: 0 0
i have known 3 friends who worked at best buy. They all said it was easy as hell, but they don't give a sh*t about your schedule. As far as best buy employees knowing their sh*t about electronics... now that is funny
 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM         #16
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 scandalous42 said:
It's funny they took the strategy to retain you as an employee instead of firing you. Business teaches you that it cost 8 times more to hire a new employee than retain an old one.. you must have been a good sales rep.

oh man, gotta love the hussles, i think we all have some stories from back in the day.
yeah man i was probably the best sales rep they had back in Electronics, and i was the newest worker there, they initially hired me for seasonal but then kept me on afterwards, i had been working there like 8 months and already had more responsiblities and power than dudes who had been back there for like 2 years + (it wasnt like i was a a.ss-kisser either, just a hard worker) ... it really hurt them to let me go, i remember the day i got fired, i came in to work, and all the managers are looking at me w/ this sad a.ss face like i just let them all down ol manager was like "this really hurts me to let you go" i didnt give a fu*k i was a 17 year old senior in HS bout to go off to college...in reality i felt bad for all the workers there, even the higher up ppl like managers n sh*t, they took their jobs and authorites so seriously like they were really big sh*t , little did they know outside that 10,000 square foot (or however big it is) store they were less than nothing
 10 years ago '05        #17
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,271 | Props total: 2463 2463
i work at target i have to admit that ours is poorly managed. tha target i work at in one of tha smallest in that state of cali so we only get like 1 truck per day. i dont really have a problem with unloading tha truck.

its stocking thatshelves that are a bi*ch. tha zoners during tha night do a p!ss poor job and every morning i have to re-arrange a shelve to put tha product in tha right spot.

tha managment is a different story. out of 7 managers only 3 of them know how to properly run tha store. we get like 7 call in every day. there are empolyees who call in like 2-3 times a week and they dont get diciplined at all and theyve been working for for over +5 years. even tha new employees call in often and managment never tells them sh*t.

retail jobs are horrible. i also have friends who work for wal-mart and they tell me how sh*t is fu*ked up over there too.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 11-06-2007 at 05:04 PM..
 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM         #18
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:
i work at target i have to admit that ours is poorly managed. tha target i work at in one of tha smallest in that state of cali so we only get like 1 truck per day. i dont really have a problem with unloading tha truck.

its stocking thatshelves that are a bi*ch. tha zoners during tha night do a p!ss poor job and every morning i have to re-arrange a shelve to put tha product in tha right spot.

tha managment is a different story. out of 7 managers only 3 of them know how to properly run tha store. we get like 7 call in every day. there are empolyees who call in like 2-3 times a week and they dont get diciplined at all and theyve been working for for over +5 years. even tha new employees call in often and managment never tells them sh*t.

retail jobs are horrible. i also have friends who work for wal-mart and they tell me how sh*t is fu*ked up over there too.
fu*k ZONING!... just had to get that off my chest...that was probably the gayest part about working @ Target...the managers were all anal n crazy about zoning...sh*ts so annoying, trust me you'd do a sh*tty job too, if it was like 11pm u been there since 3 all u tryna do is go home, but nah u gotta stay an extra hour bringing all the items to the front of the rack, etc. etc.
 10 years ago '06        #19
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
The retail days! LOL! Every last human at some point in their life should work retail! The world would be a better place.

I worked at Musicland (which Best Buy bought & turned into Sam Goody thus fu*kin it all up) and Software ETC (which Barnes and Nobels bought turned into Gamestop and made better). I was a "key holder" at both and we had the lowest shrink rate! However at Musicland we sold weed "to people we knew" and at Software ETC/Gamestop, they let us take games home so we could burn and sell them in college town. Good Times!

Last edited by Kingme; 11-06-2007 at 05:23 PM..
 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM         #20
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T.O.N.Y said:
fu*k ZONING!... just had to get that off my chest...that was probably the gayest part about working @ Target...the managers were all anal n crazy about zoning...sh*ts so annoying, trust me you'd do a sh*tty job too, if it was like 11pm u been there since 3 all u tryna do is go home, but nah u gotta stay an extra hour bringing all the items to the front of the rack, etc. etc.
thats my friday 3:30 - 11

but i am NEVER early im usually no earlier than 30 min. i hate zoning. these managers actually want u zoning through ur whole shift. and then theres people who actually do it.

and i hate the walkies. those sh*ts are frustrating. i found this thing with the walkies, that if u put one real close to another walkie, and press the button on one of them, it makes a LOUD, SCREECHING type sound. and it always gets the execs mad
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago