Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-06-2007, 10:29 AM         #1
6073 pageviews
112 comments

nate200303 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nov 6 - Alcohol, Red Bull mix may lead to death

Fortified with high levels of caffeine and nutritional supplements, Red Bull energy drink has created a stir not only in college study circles, but in 20-something party scenes as well. With a reputation for mixing well with vodka, the drink that claims to "give you wings" may also be a contributing factor in several alcohol-related deaths.
Three deaths in Sweden last summer are believed to have been caused by the consumption of Red Bull. In one case, a woman consumed the drink with vodka shortly before dying from dehydration. Like alcohol, caffeine is a diuretic that promotes fluid loss.

Another man died after reportedly drinking three cans of Red Bull after a strenuous workout.

Sweden"s National Food Administration immediately began advising people not to consume Red Bull with alcohol, or as a thirst-quencher.

Red Bull manufacturers in Austria said in a written statement that no proof of death can be linked to Red Bull and they blame the deaths on the alcoholic part of the mixed drink.

Chris Szarek, an LSA senior and bartender at the Brown Jug, has been serving Red Bull to customers for about two years.

"They have a decent taste," Szarek said. "It"s something different and new and gives people the impression that they won"t tire out as quickly when they are drinking."

Partygoers say that it helps keep their stamina up longer into the night.

"There"s a little more work involved when you know people are drinking this. It takes an a.ssertive bartender to know when to quit serving them," Szarek said, adding that the average person will have two to three mixed Red Bull drinks.

"It"s important to keep them in check so that no one has a liability on their hands," he added.

Dr. Anita Sandretto, interim director of the School of Public Health"s Human Nutrition Program, said that this "wide awake and drunk" effect may carry fatal consequences.

"A high level of caffeine is a tremendous "upper" or stimulant to the central nervous system, while alcohol is a "downer" or depressant. When high levels of these two are ingested together, the body doesn"t know what to do the two do not cross each other out to become neutral. The net result can be heart failure," Sandretto said.

Monica Ravelle, spokeswoman for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, said the FDA has not issued warnings for Red Bull because problems with the product itself have not been proven.

"The greater problem we"ve seen is what the product is being combined with. The difficulty in this situation is whether we should question the (Red Bull) or the alcohol," Ravelle said.

Red Bull is classified as a drug in Norway, Denmark and France. In Japan, it was previously only available in pharmacies.

Possible health risks revealed overseas have in no way deterred students from using Red Bull.

"Our whole staff relies on it," said Matt Wattenbarger, bartender at Good Time Charley"s.

Although the restaurant does not serve Red Bull to its customers, there is a reserve of the energy drink behind the counter for staff use.

Rick Buhr, owner of Good Time Charley"s said the drink does not promote a healthy image for his restaurant.

"It just doesn"t fit in with what we do. It"s a high-sugar drink that, when mixed with alcohol, is meant to get people drunk faster and that"s not what we"re in the business of doing," Buhr said.

source:
[pic - click to view]

http://media.www.michigan .. -1404453.shtml

112 comments for "Nov 6 - Alcohol, Red Bull mix may lead to death"

10 years ago '05        #2
SupaMann 47 heat pts47
space
space
$5,171 | Props total: 1178 1178
Red Bull & Guiness :rasta:
 10 years ago '07        #3
infamxus 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 3 3
:wow:
 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM         #4
micwrecka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only white boys drink that crap with alcohol. just like those alcoholic drinks with coffee in them. sh*t dont make any sense.
 11-06-2007, 10:54 AM         #5
djsmellie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 micwrecka said:
only white boys drink that crap with alcohol. just like those alcoholic drinks with coffee in them. sh*t dont make any sense.
White Boy Parties > Any Party in the hood
 10 years ago '04        #6
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
hhahaha...That's a big thing down here in south florida actually.

I'm not white, and I've drank that sh*t before alot. Red Bull & Grey Goose. It's good; when they do downtown events, drink booths sell that typical mixed drink alot.

Supa! This is your boy Doc...from FAU. What's up man!?
 11-06-2007, 11:09 AM         #7
micwrecka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djsmellie said:
:slap:
 10 years ago '05        #8
xOuttAconTrolx 
space
space
$359 | Props total: 29 29
ima still b sippin
 11-06-2007, 11:18 AM         #9
djsmellie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 micwrecka said:
:slap:
You will learn when you get older
 10 years ago '06        #10
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
 SupaMann said:
Red Bull & Guiness :rasta:
it wasn't til 06 that dread put me onto them joints right there :rasta:
 10 years ago '05        #11
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
I work at a bar and drink massive amounts of red bull to keep me up all night...guess that isnt a great idea huh
 11-06-2007, 11:25 AM         #12
80sbabyent  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djsmellie said:
you aint lyin, if I learned one thing in college, it that them white boys are pros at drinkin
 11-06-2007, 11:28 AM         #13
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
... I'm still here
 10 years ago '04        #14
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 80sbabyent said:
you aint lyin, if I learned one thing in college, it that them white boys are pros at drinkin
And not only are the pros at drinkin, but they friendly as fu*k. lol Drunk white boys will buy you drinks and let u drink off them, even if they don't know you. I've went up to U of M, walked into random parties full of white folks I don't know, and they will walk you straight to the keg in the basement. lol :applause:
 11-06-2007, 11:43 AM         #15
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djsmellie said:
rgr that!
 11-06-2007, 11:51 AM         #16
nate200303  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
... I'm still here
not for long
 10 years ago '04        #17
noshirtforyou 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,448 | Props total: 0 0
red bull & guiness for real?
 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM         #18
FriscoGiant  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 micwrecka said:
Okay Katt Williams. :)
 11-06-2007, 12:18 PM         #19
djsmellie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DTownPistonsFan said:
And not only are the pros at drinkin, but they friendly as fu*k. lol Drunk white boys will buy you drinks and let u drink off them, even if they don't know you. I've went up to U of M, walked into random parties full of white folks I don't know, and they will walk you straight to the keg in the basement. lol :applause:
Iam trying to tell these cats when I go out to San Diego University Them parties Crack. Hood parties is just a sweat box with everybody mean muggin
 10 years ago '07        #20
bcity973 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$432 | Props total: 1 1
The only thing thay think about before going to a party. Once they say "Tonight were gonna get fu*ked up" lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
157 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now