Official "Mass Effect" thread.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
15 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,551 | Props total: 5172 5172
yourfree360games here I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #62
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
Man I played ME hard last night. I spent like 3 hours just doing side missions in the Citadel. This game is definitely RPG 1st. I still need to get more comfortable with using abilities and directing teammates. If you don't tell them where to go during a fire f!ght they will most likely die.

The one aspect I like about this game is that merchants have items for all levels. It's not like typical RPG where each town's merchants have items that are a little better than the last town. I mean I have like no money and the first merchant I met had an item for like 87500 credits and I had less than 2000 credits.

The game just draws you in like BioShock did. But the RPG element puts this game over the top of BioShock to me.

I just to the world map so I'm going to see whether or not you click on planet (as Kap always says) or if you actually have a mini game and fly there. But I suspect that you do click on planets.
 10 years ago '05        #63
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,079 | Props total: 10755 10755
Last week, we brought you the first part of our Mass Effect diaries, in which was take a daily look at a particular element of the highly-anticipated RPG from celebrated developer BioWare. The first entry detailed the ways that you can create the character of your dreams, beginning with his or her background and military history. You can also choose what sort of hero you want, and whether or not you want to focus more on biotics or gunplay or tech. While all of that stuff is certainly cool, it’s the ability to make your character look just as you’d like that we found most intriguing. Our friends at BioWare obviously agree, as they sent us some exclusive collages of the many faces of Commander Shepard.

Like many games that have a character creation tool, you’ll be able to start from scratch or use one of a number of templates. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of options, from the ability to change their skin color to their hair styles to, naturally, the gender. Most of the stuff is pretty standard for the genre, although I was personally a big fan of the different scars that you can apply. Seriously, is there anything more intimidating than a dude with a Lemmy-style handlebar moustache and a scar running down the side of his face?

Honestly, I could spend all day screwing around with the character creation tool, and it looks like that’s exactly what the guys at BioWare did this morning. Take a look at some of their examples, then start thinking about the hero of your dreams!
 10 years ago '04        #65
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
That Val Kilmer pic is fu*king hilarious! Sure beats the fu*k out of "Create a Mii". Jim Morrison with bleach blond hair is going to save the universe.
 10 years ago '04        #66
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
As Kap so eloquently foreshadowed.............you do click on planets.

Some planets you just click on and read info about or select survey and you may find items (without actually visually going there) and the planets that pertain to the story you actually get to "land" on and explore.

Clicking on planets DOES'T take away from gameplay though. This game has multiple galaxies and each galaxy has a sun and multiple planets. So there are probably 100's of planets that are selectable in the game but only a handful that you can actually "land" on.

Sidenote: When you select a planet you can either do nothing, land or survey those are the options given to you for the A button. Most planets the A button is blanket. A lot of planets you get the survey option and the story planets you get the land option.

Click away!
 10 years ago '06        #67
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
uhh..............

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #68
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
uppin this thread for the crack this week!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #69
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
Im fiending for this game, passed up on a.ssassins Creed and Sold Oblivion in anticipation of this title. I fu*kin love thorough RPGs like this, the game looks massive, as far as gameplay and levels,unlockables,hidden content. This looks like the best RPG until FALLOUt or Lost Odyssey. Sony needs Mass Effect, I might consider a PS3 if they could get titles like this. if my 360 starts locking up like it did on Oblivion im coppin one. Im through with faulty electronics.
 10 years ago '05        #70
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
fu*k all you n*ggaz, i'm deletin this thread

10 years ago '04        #71
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,281 | Props total: 3810 3810
^

:(
 10 years ago '06        #72
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1099 1099
Assassin's Creed vs Mass Effect
Winner = Best Beginning of the Franchise Game
 10 years ago '04        #73
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
yea ima see if i can cop this today
 10 years ago '04        #74
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,514 | Props total: 310 310
IGN review:

Teamxbox:

Gametrailers:

10 years ago '05        #75
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
fu*kin pussies
 10 years ago '04        #76
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
 P-Hill said:
fu*kin pussies
p man i really feel ya pain
 10 years ago '05        #77
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Eurogamer Review 8.0

Although it underpins the game with all sorts of excellent ideas that ought to make it a deeper, more intelligent and immersive experience, the simple truth is that the minute-to-minute combat simply isn't as intense and involving as you'd expect from a game in 2007. Throw in some grumbles about the somewhat unoptimised state of the frame-rate, texture pop-in and v-syncing terrors, and it's a game that just falls short of our expectations. An eight, then, but a good one...
 10 years ago '05        #78
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
 Kap(Da)King said:
p man i really feel ya pain
no u don't...nobody feels my pain... i've been on some Mass Effect sh*t since E3 2005... since before the damn 360 launched... Mass Effect was the sole reason i purchased a 360... and now I can't even enjoy what i've waited more than 2 years for... i'm like 2 cm's close to bein done with this generation.. MS usurped my video game passion

YOU'LL NEVER FEEL MY PAIN NICCA!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #79
CrAkKedOuT 961 heat pts961
space
space
space
$23,666 | Props total: 15135 15135
man stfu already.

*Boots up 360 to see the Green lights come on. Pops disc into 360 and smiles since it reads the game*
 10 years ago '05        #80
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
226 comments
1 day ago
@news