Aug 13 - Maj.Usurper Gabbard BACK to ACTIVE DUTY in Indonesia; Lt.Bone Spurs MIA as usual

most viewed right now
+24  44
48 comments @wild'ish

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Daily Bugle

2 weeks ago '16        #1
303 page views
13 comments

BathWaterMelody 58 heat pts58
space
space
$8,985 | Props total: 33021 33021
Aug 13 - Maj.Usurper Gabbard BACK to ACTIVE DUTY in Indonesia; Lt.Bone Spurs MIA as usual

Tulsi Gabbard temporarily suspends campaign to report for active duty for 2 weeks

Tulsi Gabbard, Democrat from Hawaii and presidential candidate, will be taking a two-week absence from her campaign Monday to report for active duty with the Hawaiian Army National Guard in Indonesia, she said in an interview with CBSN's Caitlin Huey-Burns.

"I'm stepping off of the campaign trail for a couple of weeks and putting on my army uniform to go on a joint training exercise mission in Indonesia," she said. Gabbard has also taken two weeks off to report for active service in 2017.

"I love our country. I love being able to serve our country in so many ways including as a soldier," she said. "And so while some people are telling me, like gosh this is a terrible time to leave the campaign, can't you find a way out of it? You know that's not what this is about."

DNC announces candidates participating in first Democratic primary debates
"I'm not really thinking about how this will impact my campaign. I'm looking forward to being able to fulfill my service and my responsibility."

"You know, it's part of what I really appreciate and I'm grateful for being able to serve our country," she said.

Gabbard served in the Hawaii Army National Guard in Iraq from 2004 to 2005. She served a second deployment in Kuwait in 2008 and 2009, working with the Kuwaiti Army. This week, she will be heading to Hawaii for preparation before her departure to Indonesia on Wednesday where her unit will participate in a training exercises that include counterterrorism and disaster response.

"There's the supplies and the logistics and the uniforms and just getting all the things that I need to get packed and get ready," she said. "And then there's the actual preparation that we need for this training exercise. The putting together the operations orders and all of the different background pieces that we need so that once we get there we'll be able to dive straight into the work that we have to do."

The United States has looked to work with Indonesian special forces on counterterrorism in recent years. Indonesia is the world's largest Muslim-majority country. Referencing her impending deployment to Indonesia, Gabbard discussed her perspectives as both a soldier and an elected official.

"It's impossible to separate the experience that I have serving on the Foreign Affairs Committee, on the Armed Services Committee, as we're going through these exercises and I think it's an added value in bringing these two different perspectives together — those of the policymakers in Washington and that of a soldier."

Gabbard has argued that one of her main qualifications for the presidency lies in her experience as a soldier as well as her foreign policy expertise. Even so, Gabbard has come under fire for an unannounced trip to Syria she took in 2017 to meet with Bashar al-Assad in Aleppo. The visit drew criticism from both Democrats and Republicans, as it wasn't sanctioned by Democratic leadership. Senator Kamala Harris, one of Gabbard's rival for the Democratic nomination, called her an "apologist for a*sad," a phrase Gabbard dismisses.

"It's a baseless smear that has been used to try to undermine my campaign, unfortunately, by people who refuse to actually debate the issues," she told Huey-Burns. "Assad is a brutal dictator in the vein of Saddam Hussein being a brutal dictator in the vein of Gadhafi being a brutal dictator. That doesn't mean that we should be sending more of my brothers and sisters in uniform to go and f*ght, acting as the world's police topping these brutal dictators."

Gabbard said she prefers diplomacy in confronting the global threats facing the United States. She even said she supported President Donald Trump's decision to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un without preconditions and pledged she would continue to do so if elected president.

"I have no regrets and make no apologies for pursuing diplomacy, understanding that the only alternatives to diplomacy is war," she told CBSN. "We need leaders who will have the courage to meet with brutal dictators, to meet with adversaries in the pursuit of our national security, in the pursuit of keeping the American people safe, and in the pursuit of peace."

visit this link https://www.cbsnews.com/n .. ational-guard/

+4   

best
worst
13 comments

2 weeks ago '07        #2
240ka 62 heat pts62
space
space
$25,360 | Props total: 10407 10407
Tusli is bae
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
bibbyboi 32 heat pts32
space
space
$12,405 | Props total: 4730 4730
Tulsi knows what's up.

+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #4
BathWaterMelody 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
b-b-but @ told me that Tulsi can "only win" debates cuz she looks so damn fine

other than that, she's boring

2 weeks ago '09        #5
messy marv stan 5505 heat pts5505
space
space
$74,997 | Props total: 131165 131165
prseident bone spurs got 5 "defferrments" for the vietnam draft. 4 for alleged "bone spurs" he cant even recall which foot was affected. than another bullsh*t deferrment for alleged "academic reasons"

in before the usual moron posts 7 charlie kirk or 6 candace owens tweets
+8   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
quarter 177 heat pts177
space
space
$2,514 | Props total: 5536 5536
 BathWaterMelody said
b-b-but @ told me that Tulsi can "only win" debates cuz she looks so damn fine

other than that, she's boring

I was kidding... She's probably the best candidate the Democrats got. She doesn't cry like all the other ones.

2 weeks ago '16        #7
space
space
 bibbyboi said
Tulsi knows what's up.

+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
space
space
 quarter said
I was kidding... She's probably the best candidate the Democrats got. She doesn't cry like all the other ones.
and the WORST candidate the Democrats got right now is better than Trump

don't talk about it, be about it at that pole come 2020.
+5   

2 weeks ago '18        #9
Lord God 89 heat pts89
space
space
$5,539 | Props total: 27803 27803
Annual Training, sounds like. Look up Operation Inherent Resolve if you're interested in knowing more about these ops. One of my best stints overseas.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #10
bibbyboi 32 heat pts32
space
space
$12,405 | Props total: 4730 4730
 Lord God said
Annual Training, sounds like. Look up Operation Inherent Resolve if you're interested in knowing more about these ops. One of my best stints overseas.
I joined the reserves for 2 years after my active duty stint to lower the amount of IRR time left (so I couldn't get called back in after getting used to civilian life lol), and I went to two sh*tty AT's and just missed the fu*king awesome one in Thailand. smh. I kind of wished I re-upped just to go on the AT's since that unit hasn't deployed in 10+ years.
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #11
space
space
 Lord God said
 bibbyboi said
I joined the reserves for 2 years after my active duty stint to lower the amount of IRR time left (so I couldn't get called back in after getting used to civilian life lol), and I went to two sh*tty AT's and just missed the fu*king awesome one in Thailand. smh. I kind of wished I re-upped just to go on the AT's since that unit hasn't deployed in 10+ years.
thank you to both of y'all dudes for your service

the War on ISIS ain't gon f*ght itself and of course, the containment of its extremist influence aint gon diplomatize itself.

most ppl don't know Indonesia has the largest concentration of Muslims in the world.

IN THE WORLD.

and can you believe Trump has tweeted about Indonesia only ONCE in his entire presidency?

ONCE.

nearly a year ago when they had a natural disaster

b-b-but @ told me the whole left field is full of trash and Trump should win again

Lt. Bone Spurs probably ain't even been debriefed about the latest Indonesian deployments. why even bother with that imbecile?
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #12
space
space
Trump had a total of 6 tweets today Aug. 13 ranting about Chris Cuomo verbally standing his ground

but only one tweet in his entire presidency concerning Indonesia

I couldn't possibly make this up @
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #13
Tom Herman 384 heat pts384
space
space
$14,241 | Props total: 49251 49251
Best democratic candidate since dennis kucinich. Shed make an excellent president simply because shed avoid war at all costs

2 weeks ago '18        #14
Eyesofchaos 15 heat pts15
space
space
$854 | Props total: 1496 1496

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+55online now  15
Saddest sh1t Iíve seen all week 😥
107 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+34online now  10
Article inside Hilary Duff is set to reprise her role as Lizzie McGuire in a ĎLIZZIE..
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+83online now  10
Image(s) inside Eddie Murphy Back In Costume For 'Coming To America 2'
106 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  9
Spider Man back in MCU ?