Aug 13 - 50% of teachers surveyed say they’ve considered quitting, blaming pay, stress

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Daily Bugle

4 days ago '19        #26
Gold Face 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,490 | Props total: 12568 12568
 240ka said
That insult was directed at you, fool.
He said my kids aren’t fine and insult to my family in general over something so trivial.

No big deal this is boxden

With that said my boy graduated high school went on to smoke weed everyday on the couch till he was 34 and in a year and half he’s vice principal of a very populated school

What a challenging climb to the top

4 days ago '07        #27
240ka 62 heat pts62
space
space
$25,318 | Props total: 10171 10171
 Gold Face said
He said my kids aren’t fine and insult to my family in general over something so trivial.

No big deal this is boxden

With that said my boy graduated high school went on to smoke weed everyday on the couch till he was 34 and in a year and half he’s vice principal of a very populated school

What a challenging climb to the top
Yep. Your kids are doomed.
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 days ago '17        #28
AllWins 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,905 | Props total: 8862 8862
Unpopular opinion - teachers are mostly obsolete
+1   

4 days ago '16        #29
Solo214 
space
space
space
$1,689 | Props total: 2630 2630
 ordoabchao said
Teachers are underpaid and education is underfunded for a reason. The powerbrokers don't want people who can think: they want slaves.

So when you get a real fu*king teacher in you our your child's life: thank them.
You ain’t lying they hand pick the promising and real special ones out of each class of children in grade school and send them to prep schools for free... the rest of the kids get treated like cattle just send they a*ses on down the a*sembly line... unless some of those cattles’ parents got money and willing to break bread then they gon tax they a*s dry

Last edited by Solo214; 08-13-2019 at 07:10 PM..
+2   

4 days ago '16        #30
Solo214 
space
space
space
$1,689 | Props total: 2630 2630
 AllWins said
Unpopular opinion - teachers are mostly obsolete
Teachers aren’t obsolete the people who run this bi*ch finna sell America that’s why they don’t give a fu*k no more
That’s why they changed the green hunchos to the blu huncho bills because they backed by different sh*t now... that’s why them old green ones go for twice as much as them new blu ones in foreign countries...
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 days ago '17        #31
AllWins 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,905 | Props total: 8862 8862
 Solo214 said
Teachers aren’t obsolete the people who run this bi*ch finna sell America that’s why they don’t give a fu*k no more
That’s why they changed the green hunchos to the blu huncho bills because they backed by different sh*t now... that’s why them old green ones go for twice as much as them new blu ones in foreign countries...
It’s the post Information Age. Teach kids how to pull quality / verifiable information from the internet. If they can navigate that, they just need good influences and quality family teachings to become successful humans.
+1   

4 days ago '04        #32
Kadroan 211 heat pts211
space
space
$40,380 | Props total: 13918 13918
 pnoi89 said
At one point in my life, I considered teaching because my experiences in tutoring and what not was something I enjoyed... Then I got a reminder on the abysmal pay.
I wanted to work in the school system to help these young black boys but they're asking for too much. Wanted to be a school counselor.
+2   

4 days ago '08        #33
durag27 
space
space
$859 | Props total: 650 650
some teachers suck at preparation....some just don't care.
You get the summer pay to prepare for the upcoming year, and if you show up and don't give a fu*k its on you.

4 days ago '16        #34
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 41717 41717
 pnoi89 said
I never understood why they don't just get paid under the GS scale? If because they get so much more time off compared to the typical full-time GS worker, why not have a 'modified' GS scale at least?
During the school year, you're putting in a ton of hours and bringing work home.

I say the time off is fair given the marathon that is the school year. Like no one could literally teach kids year-round. It is physically impossible.
+2   

4 days ago '10        #35
JWebb 
space
space
space
$191 | Props total: 602 602
 pnoi89 said
I never understood why they don't just get paid under the GS scale? If because they get so much more time off compared to the typical full-time GS worker, why not have a 'modified' GS scale at least?
GS is for federal employees. In most states teachers salaries are set by the district. A few states set mandatory pay for their teachers. In my area, most teachers are making comparable pay to GS09-GS11.
+1   

4 days ago '16        #36
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
 ordoabchao said
Teachers are underpaid and education is underfunded for a reason. The powerbrokers don't want people who can think: they want slaves.

So when you get a real fu*king teacher in your child's life: thank them.
You're welcome.
+2   

4 days ago '16        #37
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
 durag27 said
You get the summer pay to prepare for the upcoming year, and if you show up and don't give a fu*k its on you.
That's not necessarily the case at every school and for every teacher.

I would say that era of education is dying.
+3   

4 days ago '18        #38
Rasheed Walrus 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,492 | Props total: 6255 6255
Increase the salary, but uphold teachers to higher standards. And standards should be analyzed using metrics that aren't easy to bypass to deter cheating.

Minimize classrooms to a more manageable size.

All public schools should have access to the same amount of governmental funding, with no one school receiving preferential treatment.
+1   

4 days ago '07        #39
budlightextra 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,348 | Props total: 3744 3744
That 5% other aka pedo behavior/s*x addictive should be higher

4 days ago '16        #40
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
The pay is definitely sh*t at district schools. People exaggerate the benefits and union protection. Your salary scale is trash.

Certain charter schools is where the bread is at. Project Equity Charter Schools in Harlem pay their teachers 125k. Others have performance based salary increases that are actually worth it. My mentor in NYC was making over 100k as a 30 year old middle school teacher. I think that's pretty solid, even by NYC standards.

Overall though, the funding and quality district leadership are whats lacking. Being a good teacher is extremely difficult, being a sh*t teacher is easy as hell. And you can get by being sh*t in most district schools.
+4   

4 days ago '05        #41
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,134 | Props total: 13841 13841
 Gold Face said
Insulting my children cause I said teaching is a baby sitter job st public schools

Stay classy

fu*k outta here, top 2 schools in my state are public schools, and that's top 2 as far as curriculum and college prep. You are an adult troll who cant blame public schools for your problems so who is to blame for your dumbass.

4 days ago '05        #42
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
I give teachers credit, the gotta deal with the sh*tty boxden youth all fu*king day id probably lay a kid out day 1.

Sidenote: Highschools need to be more work prep than bullsh*t history classes, schools fail and student debt is so high because schools dont make oppurtunities known thry just push college. I wouldn't have even wasted my year in college if you told .e i could make the same amount in sales or trade job.

Last edited by projectd06; 08-13-2019 at 08:48 PM..
+1   

4 days ago '15        #43
416recklezz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,408 | Props total: 4741 4741
The Wire's take on education is crazy looking back , 'Corner Kids' and how the education system is broken in so many ways is crazy
+1   

4 days ago '05        #44
pippen33 
space
space
space
$266 | Props total: 220 220
 durag27 said
A lot of teachers don't get paid in the summer which is another issue so they have to get another job to get through the summer
+2   

4 days ago '08        #45
AC_89 394 heat pts394
space
space
$50,853 | Props total: 36693 36693
2 of my friends that I grew up with are teachers here in ny they seem to like their job because they always post about how much they love their kids on ig I don’t think I could see myself being a teacher tho
+1   

4 days ago '15        #46
Lito Guapalot 35 heat pts35
space
space
$5,195 | Props total: 15032 15032
 projectd06 said
I give teachers credit, the gotta deal with the sh*tty boxden youth all fu*king day id probably lay a kid out day 1.

Sidenote: Highschools need to be more work prep than bullsh*t history classes, schools fail and student debt is so high because schools dont make oppurtunities known thry just push college. I wouldn't have even wasted my year in college if you told .e i could make the same amount in sales or trade job.

Last edited by Lito Guapalot; 08-13-2019 at 08:56 PM..
+3   

4 days ago '16        #47
uncleDrew 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,365 | Props total: 4043 4043
There were a bunch of teachers in my one grad class, and the professor asked how many of them would change their careers if they could start over again. No lie every single one of them raised their hands
+1   

4 days ago '16        #48
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
 Rasheed Walrus said
Increase the salary, but uphold teachers to higher standards. And standards should be analyzed using metrics that aren't easy to bypass to deter cheating.

Minimize classrooms to a more manageable size.

All public schools should have access to the same amount of governmental funding, with no one school receiving preferential treatment.
My formal observation rubric at my former school had like 12 categories, ranging from the quality of my questions, my lesson pacing, the percentage of students following my directions, my ability to identify and correct misbehaviors, the percentage of students who mastered that days objective, the "joy" of my classroom, and the percentage of students who were able to complete all the class work prior to the exit ticket.

And we were observed 5 times a year.
+1   

4 days ago '05        #49
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
 Lito Guapalot said
Yep i remember this video, if that was my kid I woulda gave that man a job after he got fired and id have him over for dinner and have him sit right next to my son. My dad didnt accept disrespecting adults, unfortunately there are a lot of sh*tty parents out there.
+2   

4 days ago '15        #50
Fantastic 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,639 | Props total: 8317 8317
 Kadroan said
I don't blame them. They're underpaid and overworked.
Exactly , capitalism has k*lled this industry. Nobody wanna help nobody unless it help them first.
+1   

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+53online now  48
Video inside Producer Bryan Michael Cox "Jay-Z Told Jermaine Dupri Not To Work With ..
123 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  45
Article inside Rihanna BLASTS Jay Z Over His New NFL Deal - 'Wrong' & 'Shady!'
277 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+77online now  30
Image(s) inside Styles P Says "I Quit Rap..."
127 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+35online now  8
Video inside Shia LaBEouf is on a roll boy!!!!!
38 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy