Robert Horry says Kawhi & PG13 will be difficult

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX SportsCenter

Clippers in 2020
2nd round exit 41 34.75%
Lose in WCF's 37 31.36%
Lose in finals 9 7.63%
Win championship 31 26.27%
Voters: 118. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

1 week ago '04        #26
Kadroan 211 heat pts211
space
space
$40,400 | Props total: 13931 13931
 immemcgee said
I donít trust PG under pressure and high chance one will be dealing with some injury.

Early predicting LAL/GS WCF.
GS?! How? And I like GS but I'm sure they take a step back defensively with DLo and Klay having to guard the 3s now.

1 week ago '16        #27
NoLvstName 153 heat pts153
space
space
$9,509 | Props total: 52697 52697
 immemcgee said
I don’t trust PG under pressure and high chance one will be dealing with some injury.

Early predicting LAL/GS WCF.
Son PG was the clutchest player in the league last year

He not scared of the moment

You right about injuries tho Shoulder injury did him in or he might have been MVP

+3   

1 week ago '09        #28
TriniSoldier 71 heat pts71
space
space
$64,630 | Props total: 67165 67165
n*ggas posting some bullsh*t today

1 week ago '19        #29
Roy Jones Chin 
space
space
$97 | Props total: 935 935
 NoLvstName said
Son PG was the clutchest player in the league last year

He not scared of the moment

You right about injuries tho Shoulder injury did him in or he might have been MVP

Chokes in the playoffs

1 week ago '12        #30
Superstarbrown7 17 heat pts17
space
space
$6,703 | Props total: 9810 9810
Only problem with the clippers is pg in the playoffs but I still have them favorites in the finals over the 76ers

1 week ago '18        #31
Oswaldgatesjr 24 heat pts24
space
space
space
$7,309 | Props total: 16521 16521
Honestly I think gsw gon shock n*ggas and go back to finals

1 week ago '12        #32
immemcgee 
space
space
$1,044 | Props total: 1704 1704
 Kadroan said
GS?! How? And I like GS but I'm sure they take a step back defensively with DLo and Klay having to guard the 3s now.

Iím thinking Steph comes Iím motivated, Russell plays at an all star level, and guys like Willie give them some rim protection they need.

Outside out LA, thereís not that many teams clearly better than GS. I trust them more than hou, por, or utah.

1 week ago '15        #33
AmillionMo 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,228 | Props total: 9248 9248
The problem is neither 1 of these dudes are point guards and Beverley isn't a point guard either, he's just short and has to play it. It's gonna be harder than people think Imho.
+3   

1 week ago '15        #34
AmillionMo 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,228 | Props total: 9248 9248
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Honestly I think gsw gon shock n*ggas and go back to finals
They good but the problem is they not big enough. They gonna have to get Dwight Howard or someone

1 week ago '05        #35
rawchester 21 heat pts21
space
space
$6,832 | Props total: 9936 9936
 bigkilla said
I donít think itíll be that big of a problem... if PG was able to work with Westbrook I canít see why he canít work with Kawhi..
He had his best year with Westbrook. I don't think that's an indictment on Westbrook.. I don't know why that's a narrative.

1 week ago '15        #36
donnyyy 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$2,462 | Props total: 5904 5904
Robert Horry's analysis doesnt ever seem to make sense.

Horry won rings with Shaq and Kobe, and Duncan Parker and Gino, and called Shaq and Kobe two of the biggest ball hogs he's ever played with but they won.

Dude doesnt ever seem to come from a real insightful place.

1 week ago '15        #37
kami 51 heat pts51
space
space
$17,488 | Props total: 23113 23113
 YAYO101 said
Naw! Leonard played on a Loaded Spurs team and was able to win Finals MVP without having to Ballhog
That finals mvp donít mean jack if youíre trying to attribute it to dominance. He won that sh*t for defending bron and averaging 16.

Also heís not 22 like he was in 14í he isnít gonna accept some lesser role lol.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '05        #38
Dun Language 4439 heat pts4439
space
space
$86,763 | Props total: 66580 66580
 bigkilla said
I donít think itíll be that big of a problem... if PG was able to work with Westbrook I canít see why he canít work with Kawhi..
it worked right into back to back 1st round exits

1 week ago '14        #39
tygamann1 178 heat pts178
space
space
$13,542 | Props total: 17899 17899
Didn’t I tell you this @ ? while you were trying to convince me that Kawhi, PG13, Lou Will, Pat Bev, and Montrez Harrell was better than Lebron, AD, Cousins, Kuzma, Av Bradley, Danny Green, Rondo, McGhee, Quinn Cook, KCP, etc ?

1 week ago '09        #40
ahmadou1 50 heat pts50
space
space
$13,807 | Props total: 28674 28674
 Kadroan said
Kawhi and PG are a bonus. This team shown they're a playoff team without them. Wouldn't hurt to have PG on load management. They got Shamet who can start. 2 way SG who can stretch the floor.
They got expectations this year tho... they'll get everyones best shot.. sh*t different when that happens, seen what it did to Boston.
I do think it was huge that they got to keep shamet in the trade... if i was okc i would've asked for him along w/ the haul they got.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #41
YAYO101 
space
space
$4,357 | Props total: 11772 11772
 kami said
That finals mvp donít mean jack if youíre trying to attribute it to dominance. He won that sh*t for defending bron and averaging 16.

Also heís not 22 like he was in 14í he isnít gonna accept some lesser role lol.

Won't need to take a Lesser Role, again all we can do is wait and see

1 week ago '18        #42
NBA 61 heat pts61
space
space
$8,044 | Props total: 21698 21698
Definitely not the same player

If I was Doc though I'd move PG to the 4 like Melo used to play, so Shamet can start at the 2

I'd also sign Melo or Iguodala to play in the second unit

1 week ago '05        #43
cbsepts 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,695 | Props total: 3199 3199
its august

AUGUST.

1 week ago '18        #44
dreddo22 
space
space
$747 | Props total: 1033 1033
 88 81 said
Everybody talking about Kawhi and PG but the Clippers does have the best team in the league. They're bench is stacked and they will defend. And on top of that they got Doc Rivers.

So, hell yeah it's there's to lose.

Kawhi is the new King. BX already forgot what dude is about.
lmao @ kawhi being the new king gtfoh

1 week ago '04        #45
Kadroan 211 heat pts211
space
space
 ahmadou1 said
They got expectations this year tho... they'll get everyones best shot.. sh*t different when that happens, seen what it did to Boston.
I do think it was huge that they got to keep shamet in the trade... if i was okc i would've asked for him along w/ the haul they got.
Yes definitely! This team is older than BOS and they got Doc. Things probably would have been different if they had a veteran coach to manage those egos.

Right! I love SGA but OKC could have definitely used the 3 point shooting.

1 week ago '04        #46
Kadroan 211 heat pts211
space
space
 immemcgee said
Iím thinking Steph comes Iím motivated, Russell plays at an all star level, and guys like Willie give them some rim protection they need.

Outside out LA, thereís not that many teams clearly better than GS. I trust them more than hou, por, or utah.
I could just see the backcourt getting lit up. Sure playing teams like HOU and LAL will be high scoring games but when you got veteran teams like SA that is healthy and not have to worry about KD anymore.

1 week ago '12        #47
44wade 312 heat pts312
space
space
space
$28,808 | Props total: 18880 18880
 AmillionMo said
The problem is neither 1 of these dudes are point guards and Beverley isn't a point guard either, he's just short and has to play it. It's gonna be harder than people think Imho.
This is the only way I see them having an issue.

To me its different than Wade and Bron because both Wade and Bron were natural playmakers, and I dont think KL or PG are, even though they are both #1 options.

I dont know if it will be a problem but I dont think its like Wade and Bron and it may be an issue.
+2   

1 week ago '05        #48
rprose 
space
space
$1,032 | Props total: 662 662
nah, Doc is not a good coach. just lucked up with the first big 3 and had 3 hungry veterans and a hungry dog with great role players.

KG kept all them accountable and in check not Doc.

Doc couldn't even manage CP and blakes personality so I know he couldn't tell those other guys sh*t.

for at least 5 seasons...Doc had the best, most athletic frontcourt (at the time), top 3 PG (at the time), excellent role players, one of the deepest bench (at the time), shooters galore, scorers galore, top 10 defense and an owner with bottomless pockets...and still couldn't make it to the conf. finals.

DOC WILL BE THE CLIPPERS PROBLEM if anything!

1 week ago '06        #49
Supreme7 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,626 | Props total: 3710 3710
Championship This finna be a breeze

7 days ago '17        #50
Killaboy 17 heat pts17
space
space
$6,859 | Props total: 16481 16481
If you think about it they are very similar players. Think back the last ten champs or so and think if there was any players with such similar skillsets and size, I mean kawhi better obviously so he gonna be the man in crunch time

Closest I can think of was those heat teams with lebron and wade and that’s even a reach cuz of the sheer size diffference. But they were both on the ball explosive two way players and good rebounders for their positions. At the same time neither one was particularly good from range so the paint was pretty cramped. Wades midrange game and brons developing outside probably saved em. But we saw in that first year how even with that talent it took em a while to mesh, they was basically taking turns year one in the iso and pick n roll. Seems like wade got more comfortable in his roll and also brought the ball into the post more after that first go

These guys gonna have similar overlapping skill sets but I don’t see it being as obvious cuz George is a lot different player mentally. I think he’s more comfortable movin off the ball and spreading the court from the corner than most guys with his star status. He don’t got that I need the ball every play type dog mentality that both them guys did i mentioned above. Might take em half the season but they’ll get used to it, lot easier to accept a role when you just watched kawhi lead a basically one man offense to a title a few months earlier

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+83online now  23
Tinashe lamenting her failed career
226 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  16
Wesley Snipes will break silence on Blade triology drama rumors
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+50online now  15
Houston Man Shoots Two Men For Catcalling His Girlfriend
139 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
AT&T Is Losing a TV Customer Every 10 Seconds & Comcast Loses 1.7 Subscribers ..
63 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy