BOX OFFICE: HOBBS & SHAW Tops With $25M, THE KITCHEN Flops With $5.5M

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The TV/Movie Spot

6 days ago '07        #26
ptwist 50 heat pts50
space
space
$17,942 | Props total: 12037 12037
Someone in this thread needs to get Rock Bottomed onto a table with thumbtacks on it.

+3   

5 days ago '14        #27
titans7 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,611 | Props total: 27348 27348
Don't worry everybody when it hits China it will make a billion over there alone because the Rock is Asian so you know they will support it The Rock wanted to be in pretty rich Asians...once he saw it was a success in America but Asia didn't fu*k with that movie and most people don't think Asian when they look at the Rock. I honestly don't know what this crazy old nut sees when he looks in the mirror.

Tapdancing sellout who denies his black side steroid baby is 50 years old that is AARP age but he and Sage Steele are middle age damn near senior citizens but still having identity issues and attacking black people like a confused biracial middle school girl.

The last time i saw Dwayne in a movie it was Central Intelligence on demand and the next time I see the Rock in a movie it will be Black Adam and it will be free for me.

5 days ago '06        #28
DonYBE 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,970 | Props total: 6749 6749
 Lurker said
*Canít counter any of the points presented*

ďReaLlY ThiNK tHis maY BE TyrESe.Ē

Look at the box office before The Rock came aboard and once The Rock came aboard in Fast Five.

Men lie, women lie, numbers donít

Tyrese sit your ďSweet LadyĒ a*s down somewhere.
+2   

5 days ago '14        #29
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
$18,272 | Props total: 42507 42507
 DonYBE said

Look at the box office before The Rock came aboard and once The Rock came aboard in Fast Five.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t

Tyrese sit your “Sweet Lady” a*s down somewhere.
Funny you fell right into my trap. You comparing movies that released in the last decade , and this dude gonna include worldwide sales like we actually give a fu*k . The whole conversation is domestically. Y’all rock stans love sneaking in Worldwide totals ,y’all remind me of them BVS stans back in the day. Anytime n*ggas gotta throw in Worldwide numbers in a debate, you already lost

And domestically, the REAL reason the franchise boomed was because PW died. Facts. Fast Five/6 couldn’t even break 100 OW WITH the Rock, when they did 70M without him in F4. PW dies and F7 does Avenger numbers. The Rock hopped on the gravy train at the right time.

Why can’t Hobbs have a higher opening weekend domestically than F&F that came out 10 years ago with more screens/larger budget?

Why is Hobbs only doing 10+ more than 2F2F (AKA Brian & Roman) in 2003, despite having more screens/larger budget? You do realize if adjusted for inflation, all of the old FF with the exception of TD would wash Hobbs?

Show The Rock’s box office numbers before Fast Five saved his career . The Rock stay putting out bombs

5 days ago '14        #30
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 V For Vendetta said
The Rock is guaranteed money

If you told anyone a Jumanji remake was going to make 900 million dollars they would've called you crazy

How about 300 million to watch The Rock scale a skyscraper?

400 million to watch The Rock combat a giant gorilla

I'm guessing after the movie releases in China it'll hit the 500 million mark and haters will still call it a flop.
And how many of those films were any good?

Jumanji was the only hit domestically, all those other movies couldnít even crack 200 in the States. All those other movies flopped in comparison to the budget. Why even bring up international numbers? They can be skewed.

You talking like heís Will Smith in his prime with the hits, when thatís clearly a lie.

5 days ago '14        #31
504 1313 heat pts1313
space
space
$13,065 | Props total: 59407 59407
 Lurker said
+1   

5 days ago '14        #32
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 whodatb1 said
If they coulda made more dough doing movies by themselves.....

Wouldn't they have??????

I'ma just let you chill for two more weeks.... If nothing else.... At least you keeping me entertained in this section....
Glad to keep you entertained...but gotta respond to the bold..You do realize Vin has more hits than the Rock tho .

Domestically on Average:

Vinís Domestic Total: 151 Million
Vinís Opening Weekend: 60 Million

The Rockís averages:

The Rockís Domestic Total: 113 Million
The Rockís Opening Weekend: 39 Million

And as far as Tyrese goes, obviously heís not a headliner actor. Heís like hot sauce to a dish, heís seasoning. You gotta add him to something thatís already good. Thatís established. But what we can say is...heís mastered the art of landing key roles in blockbuster franchises (F&F/Transformers) . We gotta give him his credit for that.

And 2F2F is the most important film in the franchise. If that movie bombs, then the franchise is k*lled after that. They donít make it this far. No Vin, no Cohen directing, only one returning actor, and it still made bank. Again, Tyrese deserves his props for that.

5 days ago '12        #33
LicensedLegend 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,092 | Props total: 6381 6381
 Lurker said
Glad to keep you entertained...but gotta respond to the bold..You do realize Vin has more hits than the Rock tho .

Domestically on Average:

Vinís Domestic Total: 151 Million
Vinís Opening Weekend: 60 Million

The Rockís averages:

The Rockís Domestic Total: 113 Million
The Rockís Opening Weekend: 39 Million

And as far as Tyrese goes, obviously heís not a headliner actor. Heís like hot sauce to a dish, heís seasoning. You gotta add him to something thatís already good. Thatís established. But what we can say is...heís mastered the art of landing key roles in blockbuster franchises (F&F/Transformers) . We gotta give him his credit for that.

And 2F2F is the most important film in the franchise. If that movie bombs, then the franchise is k*lled after that. They donít make it this far. No Vin, no Cohen directing, only one returning actor, and it still made bank. Again, Tyrese deserves his props for that.
You do realize that those averages are misleading because of the MCUís movies right? You canít be this stupid.

5 days ago '14        #34
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
You do realize that those averages are misleading because of the MCU’s movies right? You can’t be this stupid.
Bingo...You fell into another trap. And The Rock's averages are misleading due to the Fast and Furious movies

Damn, can you imagine what it would be without the Fast and Furious franchise?

Prior to hopping on the Fast and Furious gravy train, his highest opening weekend domestic debut was..... gulp.... Race to Witch Mountain with 24 million in 2009.

In order to take credit for the box office numbers, you'd have to at least put up numbers prior to joining said franchise...If he was putting up numbers prior to Fast Five, then yeah you'd have a point.

Don't worry, he can ride the Jumanji Brand again this December.

5 days ago '14        #35
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space

5 days ago '12        #36
space
space
 Lurker said
Bingo...You fell into another trap. And The Rock's averages are misleading due to the Fast and Furious movies

Damn, can you imagine what it would be without the Fast and Furious franchise?

Prior to hopping on the Fast and Furious gravy train, his highest opening weekend domestic debut was..... gulp.... Race to Witch Mountain with 24 million in 2009.

In order to take credit for the box office numbers, you'd have to at least put up numbers prior to joining said franchise...If he was putting up numbers prior to Fast Five, then yeah you'd have a point.

Don't worry, he can ride the Jumanji Brand again this December.
What are you talking about? Where did I give the rock credit for the fast and furious franchise. but atleast the rock was ďINĒ those fast and furious movies.

5 days ago '14        #37
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
What are you talking about? Where did I give the rock credit for the fast and furious franchise. but atleast the rock was ďINĒ those fast and furious movies.
You said The Rock is the reason why it started selling a lot . You were crediting his arrival as the thing that turned this franchise around.

And yeah he was in Hobbs too, and Universal execs are kicking themselves at the Domestic numbers.

5 days ago '12        #38
space
space
 Lurker said
You said The Rock is the reason why it started selling a lot . You were crediting his arrival as the thing that turned this franchise around.

And yeah he was in Hobbs too, and Universal execs are kicking themselves at the Domestic numbers.
Fell free to quote me saying the rock is the reason. I’ll wait.

And you think those same execs are cheering for the fate of the furious domestic numbers.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 08-12-2019 at 10:02 AM..
+1   

5 days ago '06        #39
SM 41119 heat pts41119 OP
space
space
$142,514 | Props total: 129814 129814

Haters
+1   

5 days ago '16        #40
SeanFiero 172 heat pts172
space
space
space
$6,161 | Props total: 13774 13774
n*ggas who don't watch the movies debating irrelevant statistics

Y'all expose y'all self's every fu*king time

Did you watch the movie? Was it good? Why?
All this other sh*t y'all arguing corny af lmao can name every single character, plot device, and stunt double bbbut I stopped watching 6 movies ago

ok guy

5 days ago '09        #41
whodatb1 330 heat pts330
space
space
space
$24,438 | Props total: 22695 22695
 Lurker said

Domestically on Average:

Vin’s Domestic Total: 151 Million
Vin’s Opening Weekend: 60 Million

The Rock’s averages:

The Rock’s Domestic Total: 113 Million
The Rock’s Opening Weekend: 39 Million

And as far as Tyrese goes, obviously he’s not a headliner actor. He’s like hot sauce to a dish, he’s seasoning. You gotta add him to something that’s already good. That’s established. But what we can say is...he’s mastered the art of landing key roles in blockbuster franchises (F&F/Transformers) . We gotta give him his credit for that.

And 2F2F is the most important film in the franchise. If that movie bombs, then the franchise is k*lled after that. They don’t make it this far. No Vin, no Cohen directing, only one returning actor, and it still made bank. Again, Tyrese deserves his props for that.

Aye bro.... You had me until you called F2F the most important film in the franchise.... Tyrese lucky ja rule was an idiot....

And bruh..... Doing averages with this whole FF franchise is an inexact science..... It's bloated.... It's not Barry bonds on steroids (already great)... It's the borderline all star on steroids.....

Just for clarity.... Are the FF franchise first week numbers included in the rocks total???????

I have a feeling they are left out.....

Even if they are not.... You cannot discount the rock breathed new life into that franchise from the moment he stepped on the screen....

And you counting a couple of billion dollar films that hit a billion due to unforeseen circumstances....

Go out on that ledge today and say the next FF movie makes a billi... You won't... It's on decline.... And John Cena ain't the rock.... And the intrigue/mystery of Paul walker death and the future of his character are behind us....

5 days ago '09        #42
whodatb1 330 heat pts330
space
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
You do realize that those averages are misleading because of the MCUís movies right? You canít be this stupid.
Wait a fu*king minute.... This dude added his appearances as Groot????????????

I ain't even mad at him....

He got a check for it.... It's just funny....
+1   

5 days ago '14        #43
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 whodatb1 said
Aye bro.... You had me until you called F2F the most important film in the franchise.... Tyrese lucky ja rule was an idiot....

And bruh..... Doing averages with this whole FF franchise is an inexact science..... It's bloated.... It's not Barry bonds on steroids (already great)... It's the borderline all star on steroids.....

Just for clarity.... Are the FF franchise first week numbers included in the rocks total???????

I have a feeling they are left out.....

Even if they are not.... You cannot discount the rock breathed new life into that franchise from the moment he stepped on the screen....

And you counting a couple of billion dollar films that hit a billion due to unforeseen circumstances....

Go out on that ledge today and say the next FF movie makes a billi... You won't... It's on decline.... And John Cena ain't the rock.... And the intrigue/mystery of Paul walker death and the future of his character are behind us....
It was important as in keeping the ship afloat . I didn’t say it was the best, but if 2F2F strikes out .. that’s the end the franchise. Roman & Tej still play integral parts in the franchise, also.

And those numbers were straight from Box Office Mojo, it included all the domestic numbers. I didn’t cherrypick anything , it included every single film. Yes, even the FF numbers for the Rock.

And that’s why I keep mentioning domestically...because let’s be honest, the only reason Furious 7 did a billi is because PW died.

Edit: The links don’t work straight up, BX redirects to the Actor page. You have to quote the post and then copy/paste the link to go directly to it.

5 days ago '04        #44
eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 1009 1009
 Lurker said
It was important as in keeping the ship afloat . I didnít say it was the best, but if 2F2F strikes out .. thatís the end the franchise. Roman & Tej still play integral parts in the franchise, also.

And those numbers were straight from Box Office Mojo, it included all the domestic numbers. I didnít cherrypick anything , it included every single film. Yes, even the FF numbers for the Rock.

And thatís why I keep mentioning domestically...because letís be honest, the only reason Furious 7 did a billi is because PW died.

Edit: The links donít work straight up, BX redirects to the Actor page. You have to quote the post and then copy/paste the link to go directly to it.
seems suspicious.

5 days ago '12        #45
space
space
 whodatb1 said
Wait a fu*king minute.... This dude added his appearances as Groot????????????

I ain't even mad at him....

He got a check for it.... It's just funny....
Oh yeah, dude got a check for saying “I am groot!”. Can’t be made at that. But to add the averages those movies made into vin diesels overall averages is a lame move. Bruh, what did vin diesel have to do with avengers endgame? What, a cgi groot walked out of a portal at the end of the movie?

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 08-13-2019 at 01:05 AM..
+1   

5 days ago '14        #46
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
Oh yeah, dude got a check for saying ďI am groot!Ē. Canít be made at that. But to add the averages those movies made into vin diesels overall averages is a lame move. Bruh, what did vin diesel have to do with avengers endgame? What, a cgi groot walked out of a portal at the end of the movie?
I didn't "add" anything, I just went to Box Office Mojo. Don't get mad at me, I'm just reporting the numbers

5 days ago '09        #47
whodatb1 330 heat pts330
space
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
Oh yeah, dude got a check for saying ďI am groot!Ē. Canít be made at that. But to add the averages those movies made into vin diesels overall averages is a lame move. Bruh, what did vin diesel have to do with avengers endgame? What, a cgi groot walked out of a portal at the end of the movie?
did he add the rocks brilliant acting from films such as ......

why did i get married too ?????????

the other guys ?????????

or his award winning performance in moana ?????????

5 days ago '04        #48
Ronthegreat 
space
space
space
$204 | Props total: 3 3
You do realize they need to crack 600 to break even after advertising/promotion cost

5 days ago '05        #49
cbsepts 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 3197 3197

what do any of you care about how much money this movie makes?

4 days ago '04        #50
Mike T 185 heat pts185
space
space
$17,732 | Props total: 34994 34994
 cbsepts said

what do any of you care about how much money this movie makes?
We're having sh*t talking film debate dont be so serious

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+56online now  36
Video inside Producer Bryan Michael Cox "Jay-Z Told Jermaine Dupri Not To Work With ..
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+155online now  32
OT Michelle Beadle Let Go At Espn
144 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Aug 16 - Florida Woman Put On Probation For Having That Snapper In The..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+35online now  10
1929 Harlem Fashion Show
21 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy