BOX OFFICE: HOBBS & SHAW Tops With $25M, THE KITCHEN Flops With $5.5M

most viewed right now
+24  90
60 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The TV/Movie Spot

1 week ago '06        #1
1720 page views
51 comments

SM 41129 heat pts41129
space
space
$142,551 | Props total: 130002 130002
BOX OFFICE: HOBBS & SHAW Tops With $25M, THE KITCHEN Flops With $5.5M

+2   

best
worst
51 comments

1 week ago '17        #2
bmf24eva 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,899 | Props total: 5154 5154
Hmmm...

Almost feels like a pattern here with flops..

Last edited by bmf24eva; 08-11-2019 at 02:05 PM..
+20   

1 week ago '14        #3
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
$18,288 | Props total: 42665 42665
Hobbs & Shaw with that 58% drop , this movie won’t even crack 200 domestically

The movie is sitting at 108 now...This should’ve done at least 120 in the OPENING WEEKEND. You hate to see it
+4   

1 week ago '04        #4
Chronos 13 heat pts13
space
space
$8,805 | Props total: 6381 6381
 Lurker said

The movie is sitting at 108 now...This should’ve done at least 120 in the OPENING WEEKEND. You hate to see it
They need to stop with those movie in general, how you go from street racing to knocking off drug lords and capturing international terrorist? Enough is Enough.
+23   

1 week ago '16        #5
Funke 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,772 | Props total: 4471 4471
 Lurker said

Tyrese is that you?
+26   

1 week ago '14        #6
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 Funke said
Tyrese is that you?
+36   

1 week ago '04        #7
Fresh Beats 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,309 | Props total: 6045 6045
 bmf24eva said
Hmmm...

Almost feels like a pattern here with flops..

Women don't even want to see movies with women as the leads.

Spy who dumped me was pretty funny tho.
+10   

1 week ago '09        #8
whodatb1 330 heat pts330
space
space
space
$24,446 | Props total: 22739 22739
 Lurker said

Chronos said
They need to stop with those movie in general, how you go from street racing to knocking off drug lords and capturing international terrorist? Enough is Enough.
 Funke said
Tyrese is that you?
^^^^ for real

These vin Diesel stans don't understand the movie is performing on par or better than ANY movies besides the last two.....

But I'ma let them keep clapping it up every week until it drops in China....

In its second weekend at the box office, Universal's Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw has blown past the $300 million mark worldwide.

The blockbuster spinoff, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, hauled in $25.4 million in North America, pushing its domestic total to $108 million after nine days in theaters. Overseas, Hobbs & Shaw brought in another $60.8 million, pumping its international total to $224.1 million in 66 markets.

With a worldwide total of $332.6 million, Hobbs & Shaw is in line with the box office performance of Fast & Furious 6, but about 40% off of Furious 7 and The Fate Of The Furious, according to Deadline.

It has been an impressive international haul for Hobbs & Shaw, which opened in five new markets in its second weekend, but the blockbuster will most certainly see its biggest bump when it opens in China on August 23.

FF fans .. please realise the only reason the franchise numbers looked so robust is because part 7 happened after Paul walker passing.... Part 8 was the follow up and took a dip... And you honestly should expect the same with part 9....

Whole franchise was trending down before the rock came along....
+15   

1 week ago '04        #9
Mike T 186 heat pts186
space
space
$17,749 | Props total: 35046 35046
Once Upon A Time inst profiting either. Ticket sales barely have recouped production cost
+2   

1 week ago '14        #10
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 whodatb1 said
^^^^ for real

These vin Diesel stans don't understand the movie is performing on par or better than ANY movies besides the last two.....

In its second weekend at the box office, Universal's Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw has blown past the $300 million mark worldwide.

The blockbuster spinoff, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, hauled in $25.4 million in North America, pushing its domestic total to $108 million after nine days in theaters. Overseas, Hobbs & Shaw brought in another $60.8 million, pumping its international total to $224.1 million in 66 markets.

With a worldwide total of $332.6 million, Hobbs & Shaw is in line with the box office performance of Fast & Furious 6, but about 40% off of Furious 7 and The Fate Of The Furious, according to Deadline.

It has been an impressive international haul for Hobbs & Shaw, which opened in five new markets in its second weekend, but the blockbuster will most certainly see its biggest bump when it opens in China on August 23.

FF fans .. please realise the only reason the franchise numbers looked so robust is because part 7 happened after Paul walker passing.... Part 8 was the follow up and took a dip... And you honestly should expect the same with part 9....

Cap, cap, cap, I’m talking domestically. Folks love to throw Worldwide totals in when they flop in the States. Hobbs out here doing numbers 2 Fast 2 Furious did in 2003. I made a post about it last week that counters everything you said.

Lurker said
Damn, they only did 60 million domestically. That’s a flop. . n*ggas like to include international numbers to make themselves feel good Tyrese can talk that sh*t, them n*ggas out here doing Prime 2 Fast 2 Furious numbers in 2019 .

Hobbs & Shaw US opening: 60 Million. 4,253 screens.
2 Fast 2 Furious US Opening: 50 Million. 3,408 screens. In 2003 with only one returning actor/NO Diesel

All the marketing dollars spent...spin off from one of the most bankable franchises in film history...y’all got the so called biggest star in Hollywood. This was supposed to do AT LEAST 130 domestically. You hate to see it.

Y’all Rock stans act like Fast & Furious (2009) didn’t do 70 million opening weekend. F&F was a lucrative franchise before The Rock...and WATCH the numbers they next year without him. F9 will make 70 percent of H&S’s total domestic run in the opening weekend

1 week ago '14        #11
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
The Rock/Universal should’ve listened to Vin/Tyrese...You put out F9 in 2019 and THEN you do H&S in 2020. Not the other way around. The Rock stans called them stupid for being the franchise OG’s pleading for consistency

The F&F franchise was consistent since 2009 on their two year cycle:

F&F - 2009
F5- 2011
F6- 2013
F7- 2015
F8- 2017

Should’ve kept it consistent, and I have no doubt in my mind that Hobbs would’ve done better financially if it would’ve followed the year AFTER a Fast & Furious film.

Instead they released a Hobbs & Shaw movie when nobody was thirsty for it...and the studio lost millions of dollars and their gonna be very hesitant at green lighting a sequel.

Y’all keep telling me The Rock is this huge box office draw...y’all keep telling me he “saved” the F&F franchise...the only other non FF film that he’s been in to crack 200+ million domestically is the Jumanji remake...and that’s fu*king Jumanji , that was gonna make bank regardless.

Last edited by Lurker; 08-11-2019 at 06:37 PM..

1 week ago '06        #12
DonYBE 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 6772 6772
 Lurker said
Cap, cap, cap, I’m talking domestically. Folks love to throw Worldwide totals in when they flop in the States. Hobbs out here doing numbers 2 Fast 2 Furious did in 2003. I made a post about it last week that counters everything you said.

Y’all Rock stans act like Fast & Furious (2009) didn’t do 70 million opening weekend. F&F was a lucrative franchise before The Rock...and WATCH the numbers they next year without him. F9 will make 70 percent of H&S’s total domestic run in the opening weekend
 Lurker said
The Rock/Universal should’ve listened to Vin/Tyrese...You put out F9 in 2019 and THEN you do H&S in 2020. Not the other way around. The Rock stans called them stupid for being the franchise OG’s pleading for consistency

The F&F franchise was consistent since 2009 on their two year cycle:

F&F - 2009
F5- 2011
F6- 2013
F7- 2015
F8- 2017

Should’ve kept it consistent, and I have no doubt in my mind that Hobbs would’ve done better financially if it would’ve followed the year AFTER a Fast & Furious film.

Instead they released a Hobbs & Shaw movie when nobody was thirsty for it...and the studio lost millions of dollars and their gonna be very hesitant at green lighting a sequel.

Y’all keep telling me The Rock is this huge box office draw...y’all keep telling me he “saved” the F&F franchise...the only other non FF film that he’s been in to crack 200+ million domestically is the Jumanji remake...and that’s fu*king Jumanji , that was gonna make bank regardless.
I really think this may be Tyrese

+11   

1 week ago '14        #13
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 DonYBE said

*Can’t counter any of the points presented*

“ReaLlY ThiNK tHis maY BE TyrESe.”

1 week ago '12        #14
Klasicktha1 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 3873 3873
 whodatb1 said
^^^^ for real

Yep, Fast Five and 6 saw a number increase because of the addition of The Rock. I don't see why people keep denying that fact. Truthfully it made sense for him to have a spin off because not much is known about his character Hobbs and it can be explored in spin offs. The other characters are established and frankly aren't that interesting
+4   

1 week ago '16        #15
Funke 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,772 | Props total: 4471 4471
 Lurker said

1 week ago '12        #16
LicensedLegend 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,101 | Props total: 6395 6395
 Lurker said

The fate of the furious didn’t even make over 100 million, and you expected this to make over 130 million?
+2   

1 week ago '15        #17
Chevyboyy23 
space
space
space
$504 | Props total: 609 609
When will these movie producers/writers learn that this new women lead trend bullsh!t is going to continue to fail ...sh!t need to stop...
+2   

1 week ago '14        #18
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
The fate of the furious didn’t even make over 100 million, and you expected this to make over 130 million?
You’re missing the point. Fate opened at 98 in April

Y’all fanboys told me The Rock is the biggest star in Hollywood. Y’all told me he was the reason why the Fast and Furious series is so popular.

Now that he gets his own standalone film released in the summer with no competition, it’s supposed to do AT LEAST 100M. How did it open at 60??

1 week ago '12        #19
space
space
 Lurker said
You’re missing the point. Fate opened at 98 in April

Y’all fanboys told me The Rock is the biggest star in Hollywood. Y’all told me he was the reason why the Fast and Furious series is so popular.

Now that he gets his own standalone film released in the summer with no competition, it’s supposed to do AT LEAST 100M. How did it open at 60??
April is a better box office month than August. What the fu*k are you talking about?

1 week ago '14        #20
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
For 2019, there’s a good chance Universal Pictures’ highest grossing film domestically will be US. Shoutout Jordan Peele.

- A thriller
- 20 Million Dollar Budget
- original storyline
- released in the Spring
- 70 Million Opening Weekend
- 175 Domestic

Compared to the..
- Blockbuster action flick
- 200 Million Dollar Budget
- Hollywood stars
- Spinoff of one of the most successful franchises in film history
- Released in the summer.
- 60 Million Opening Weekend

200 Million Dollar budget and they can’t even do 200M domestically . Had Toretto or (even Roman Pierce) made a spin-off movie and put up these ‘Prime 2F2F’ numbers, we’d have folks like @ saying they flopped because The Rock wasn’t in the movie.

Fast and Furious 9 coming soon, the OGs gotta restore order for the FF brand. H&S looking a little shaky warrior out here in these streets, you hate to see it.

1 week ago '14        #21
Lurker 212 heat pts212
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
April is a better box office month than August. What the fu*k are you talking about?
Man please, the last week of April is when those avenger movies mostly drop so that kinda throws off the averages. Not to mention the last three FF came in April. Those two franchises are the reason why you consider it a “better” month, knock it off.

F8 was released in the beginning of April.

Hobbs was released IN the summer , no competition. School is out. Hobbs had the Rock, who y’all keep telling me is this big box office attraction.

I guarantee you the Universal execs are not pleased with their domestic numbers thus far. Hobbs two week total barely edges out F8’s Opening three day numbers.

Furious 9 dropping in May next year. It’s going to be the biggest FF opening weekend numbers since F7 and the death of PW. With no Rock in the film...y’all really gonna look crazy when those numbers come back. I say at least 120M

1 week ago '06        #22
V For Vendetta 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,214 | Props total: 7365 7365
The Rock is guaranteed money

If you told anyone a Jumanji remake was going to make 900 million dollars they would've called you crazy

How about 300 million to watch The Rock scale a skyscraper?

400 million to watch The Rock combat a giant gorilla

I'm guessing after the movie releases in China it'll hit the 500 million mark and haters will still call it a flop.

Last edited by V For Vendetta; 08-12-2019 at 12:26 AM..
+4   

1 week ago '12        #23
space
space
 Lurker said
Man please, the last week of April is when those avenger movies mostly drop so that kinda throws off the averages. Not to mention the last three FF came in April. Those two franchises are the reason why you consider it a “better” month, knock it off.

F8 was released in the beginning of April.

Hobbs was released IN the summer , no competition. School is out. Hobbs had the Rock, who y’all keep telling me is this big box office attraction.

I guarantee you the Universal execs are not pleased with their domestic numbers thus far. Hobbs two week total barely edges out F8’s Opening three day numbers.

Furious 9 dropping in May next year. It’s going to be the biggest FF opening weekend numbers since F7 and the death of PW. With no Rock in the film...y’all really gonna look crazy when those numbers come back. I say at least 120M

What do you mean it was released “IN” the summer. Jan and feb, along with Aug and sep are called the dump months for a reason.

1 week ago '09        #24
whodatb1 330 heat pts330
space
space
space
$24,446 | Props total: 22739 22739
 Lurker said
For 2019, there’s a good chance Universal Pictures’ highest grossing film domestically will be US. Shoutout Jordan Peele.

- A thriller
- 20 Million Dollar Budget
- original storyline
- released in the Spring
- 70 Million Opening Weekend
- 175 Domestic

Compared to the..
- Blockbuster action flick
- 200 Million Dollar Budget
- Hollywood stars
- Spinoff of one of the most successful franchises in film history
- Released in the summer.
- 60 Million Opening Weekend

200 Million Dollar budget and they can’t even do 200M domestically . Had Toretto or (even Roman Pierce) made a spin-off movie and put up these ‘Prime 2F2F’ numbers, we’d have folks like @ saying they flopped because The Rock wasn’t in the movie.

Fast and Furious 9 coming soon, the OGs gotta restore order for the FF brand. H&S looking a little shaky warrior out here in these streets, you hate to see it.

If they coulda made more dough doing movies by themselves.....

Wouldn't they have??????

I'ma just let you chill for two more weeks.... If nothing else.... At least you keeping me entertained in this section....
+1   

1 week ago '04        #25
Mike T 186 heat pts186
space
space
$17,749 | Props total: 35046 35046
 DonYBE said

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+155online now  40
NFL Shannon Sharpe is the only person I agree with about this cap, jay z, NFL ..
115 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  30
Satanist In The Suburbs (Vice Series)
67 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+20online now  21
Is Jayz a sell out yes or no?