Cristiano Ronaldoís First 2 Years|Seasons at Real Madrid

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX SportsCenter

1 week ago '19        #1
385 page views
21 comments

kartveli 40 heat pts40
space
space
$652 | Props total: 908 908
Cristiano Ronaldoís First 2 Years|Seasons at Real Madrid

C. Ronaldo transferred from Manchester United ~ Real Madrid in a record breaking deal at the beginning of 2009/10 Season at the absolute peak|prime of his powers. He joined at the time when Messi-led Barcelona where dominating Spanish & European Football.
Prior, 2008/09 season Messi-led Barcelona had won the Uefa Champions League and the Spanish League | La Liga. Ronaldo’s signing was meant to end Barcelona’s League dominance, and also bring an end to Real Madrid’s Champions League drought.

First, we will look at Ronaldo’s first 2 seasons In the Spanish League|La Liga and if he was successful in ending Messi inspired Barcelona’s league dominance.

2009/10 - Ronaldo, in his debut season failed to make any difference and Messi yet again led Barcelona to League Title. Messi|Barca dominance continued despite R. Madrid’s acquisition of Ronaldo, proving to be no match to young unstoppable Messi.

2010/11 - Ronaldo, now in his second season at Real Madrid again failed to stop Messi from inspiring Barcelona to win the League. He was proving to be no match. Barcelona champions of Spain again. Messi|Barca dominance continues

As illustrated above, his first two years at Real Madrid & Spanish League, he proved to be no match to Messi losing back to back Leagues titles to Barcelona.

(FYI) As it turned out- fast forward to 2018/19 and after 9 seasons of playing in Real Madrid and Spanish League, Ronaldo only managed to win the League 2 times. I don’t think anything else needs to be said about this. Pathetic. 2 League Titles out of 9 seasons. During this same period Messi 7 league titles out of 9 seasons.

Now we will look at his first two seasons with Real Madrid in Uefa Champions League. We already saw he couldn’t win the Spanish League during his first two seasons in the League. Let’s see how he fared In CL.

2009/10 Uefa Champions League. Ronaldo-led Real Madrid get eliminated by Lyon in the first phase of the knockout stages failing to even make it to quarter finals.

2010/11 Uefa Champions League. Ronaldo-led Real Madrid get eliminated by Messi|Barcelona in the Semifinals. Ronaldo failed to score in both games.
Ronaldo failed to score a single goal in this semifinals, While Messi single handedly decided this semifinal. Everything was at stake, and after dealing Madrid a huge blow with a goal after 76 minutes to break the deadlock at the Bernabeu, Messi then scored what must, all things considered, be one of the biggest goals in Champions League history as he went on a fantastic run from deep past a host of Madrid shirts to slot the ball past Iker Casillas.

To conclude this, as you can all see by the facts presented above, Ronaldo’s first two seasons were a failure. Winning 0 Titles. Making 0 difference. And more significantly, this is when it became clear, Ronaldo was a great player. Messi was an immortal. GOAT and not of this universe

But of course, while having 2 complete failure of seasons, he scored million unimportant goals in meaningless matches padding his record. Story of his career.

This will be continued because his next two seasons were failures also. 4 seasons without reaching Champions League Final and winning Spanish League only once.

He is nothing but a media creation and a marketing machine with padded records.

It was not until LUKA MODRIC, was signed to Real Madrid- that they started winning sh*t. Now how & why Modric changed Real Madrid & essentially the history of a real Madrid Is a complex one, not to be had here as you ninjas don’t understand football. But yes, Real Madrid’s recent success is down to Luka Modric first, Sergio Ramos Second, Toni Kroos third, and Ronaldo 4th. That’s the order of importance and value to Real Madrid’s run of success.

While it is also interesting to note that Messi, who is the most prolific goalscorer of all time basically has EVERY Modric trait and characteristic- who is a CENTRAL midfielder. The best one of his generation.

Modric was/is Real Madrid’s version of Xavi & Iniesta COMBINED. But better than both.

Modric was the HEART & SOUL of this Real Madrid team that won 3 back to back to UCL. Without him, Real Madrid simply couldn’t function. Literally. Any time Modric missed a game due to suspension or injury Real Madrid not looked but WAS a completely different team. Without Modric R. Madrid were nothing.

It was Modric who GLUED EVERYTHING together on the field for Madrid. It was solely him (with help of kroos) who made sure every fu*king game Real Madrid DOMINATED possession and utterly controlled midfield.

Modric’s ability to not lose the ball. To get out/ escape out of tight spaces after being trapped by multiple players. His ability to DICTATE the game. It was him, who dictated how Real Madrid played. His ability to pass, dribble.. his vision of the field and IQ.

His composure on the ball, NEVER panicking when on the ball under most pressure situations. Always calm and in control.

Modric made sure Real Madrid outplayed their opponents. He set the stage..

And Ronaldo acted as a finisher. You can always replace finishers, but you can replace a player your entire TEAM is built on.

THAT IS WHY, Ronaldo signing didn’t end Real Madrid’s drought.

MODRICS signing ended it. This is not a coincidence. Only after Modric arrived Real Madrid started to match Barca and win sh*t. In Europe at least, Real Madrid still couldn’t win their domestic League lol, solely due to Messis brilliance.

Winning a champions league is more based on luck. It’s two games. Knockout phase. Final. One game.

While winning a season is more difficult. It requires SUSTAINED EXCELLENCE. and that messi is. Sustained excellence.

Ronaldo is NOTHING, but an overhyped Goal scorer of penalties and tap ins, over-promoted, overrated media creation and marketing machine. goalscorer with a padded record.

I SPIT fu*kING FACTS. FACTS DONT HAVE FEELINGS. BIASES. ETC.

Last edited by kartveli; 08-09-2019 at 12:33 PM..
+4   

best
worst
21 comments

1 week ago '14        #2
Doc Logical 1276 heat pts1276
space
space
$43,046 | Props total: 68539 68539
annnnnnnd the thread is about Meesi......

Because of course it is.
+6   

1 week ago '19        #3
kartveli 40 heat pts40 OP
space
space
 Doc Logical said
annnnnnnd the thread is about Meesi......

Because of course it is.
There is a direct correlation. Real Madrid signed Ronaldo to END Messi’s/Barca’s league dominance and I just demonstrated how Ronaldo wasn’t capable of doing it.

When I tell you casuals he’s a padded media creation and marketing machine y’all don’t believe me. If he was short & ugly we wouldn’t even be talking about him. It just so happens that his marketable.

P.S next time you comment, try to actually give a relevant insight and make a point related to the thread and what is presented in it.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #4
space
space
It was not until LUKA MODRIC, was signed to Real Madrid- that they started winning sh*t. Now how & why Modric changed Real Madrid & essentially the history of a real Madrid Is a complex one, not to be had here as you ninjas don’t understand football. But yes, Real Madrid’s recent success is down to Luka Modric first, Sergio Ramos Second, Toni Kroos third, and Ronaldo 4th. That’s the order of importance and value to Real Madrid’s run of success.

While it is also interesting to note that Messi, who is the most prolific goalscorer of all time basically has EVERY Modric trait and characteristic- who is a CENTRAL midfielder. The best one of his generation.

Modric was/is Real Madrid’s version of Xavi & Iniesta COMBINED. But better than both.

Modric was the HEART & SOUL of this Real Madrid team that won 3 back to back to UCL. Without him, Real Madrid simply couldn’t function. Literally. Any time Modric missed a game due to suspension or injury Real Madrid not looked but WAS a completely different team. Without Modric R. Madrid were nothing.

It was Modric who GLUED EVERYTHING together on the field for Madrid. It was solely him (with help of kroos) who made sure every fu*king game Real Madrid DOMINATED possession and utterly controlled midfield.

Modric’s ability to not lose the ball. To get out/ escape out of tight spaces after being trapped by multiple players. His ability to DICTATE the game. It was him, who dictated how Real Madrid played. His ability to pass, dribble.. his vision of the field and IQ.

His composure on the ball, NEVER panicking when on the ball under most pressure situations. Always calm and in control.

Modric made sure Real Madrid outplayed their opponents. He set the stage..

And Ronaldo acted as a finisher. You can always replace finishers, but you can not replace a player your entire TEAM is built on. A player like Modric is irreplaceable.

THAT IS WHY, Ronaldo signing didn’t end Real Madrid’s drought. (As I Proved above) albeit I only presented his first two seasons, his following two were also failures. And THAT is when Modric arrived.

MODRICS signing ended it. This is not a coincidence. Only after Modric arrived Real Madrid started to match Barca and win sh*t. In Europe at least, Real Madrid still couldn’t win their domestic League lol, solely due to Messis brilliance.

Winning champions league is more based on luck. It’s two games. Knockout phase. Final. One game. One moment can change everything. One mistake can have you eliminated.

While winning a league season is more difficult. It requires SUSTAINED EXCELLENCE. and that messi is. Sustained excellence. That is why He won 7 leagues and Ronaldo 2 during their time in Spain. 5 more. That’s not an insignificant gap. 5 more is significant.

Ronaldo is NOTHING, but an overhyped Goal scorer of penalties and tap ins, over-promoted, overrated media creation and marketing machine. goalscorer with a padded record. He will be remembered as one of the most prolific goal scorers In football. That’s it. He is never mentioned with the likes of Maradona, Pele, Messi, Cruyff, Real Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc

I SPIT fu*kING FACTS. FACTS DONT HAVE FEELINGS. BIASES. ETC.

Last edited by kartveli; 08-09-2019 at 12:40 PM..

1 week ago '18        #5
Youngshinebox 181 heat pts181
space
space
$6,563 | Props total: 27941 27941
Messi> Ronaldo

1 week ago '04        #6
freefab420 
space
space
space
$767 | Props total: 9 9
Barcelona was the better, more consistent team domestically but have struggled in CL recently. Real Madrid was shaky domestically but was much better in the Champions league.
Messi and Ronaldo are both incredible and you canít go wrong picking either one. You could poke holes in both of their careers too (Cristiano not winning more La Ligas, Messiís refusal to win sh*t with Argentina).
Theyí are two amazing players and itís dope we saw both at the same time.
I donít know why thatís so difficult to understand.
+2   

1 week ago '19        #7
space
space
 freefab420 said
Barcelona was the better, more consistent team domestically but have struggled in CL recently. Real Madrid was shaky domestically but was much better in the Champions league.
Messi and Ronaldo are both incredible and you can’t go wrong picking either one. You could poke holes in both of their careers too (Cristiano not winning more La Ligas, Messi’s refusal to win sh*t with Argentina).
They’ are two amazing players and it’s dope we saw both at the same time.
I don’t know why that’s so difficult to understand.
Because Barcelona were better? Lol why was Barcelona better? Look into that and come back to me. Look at the seasons won and look at player contributions from Barca’s team.

Also you don’t understand Because you are a casual. “You can’t go wrong picking either one”

Only a casual would say this. Not only is that wrong but it’s treason. Treason. But again you’re a casual so I don’t expect you to understand. How can you, when you don’t understand football.. it’s impossible.

It’s as simple as this. Ronaldo can’t help it. It doesn’t come down to people’s opinions, tastes etc. Ronaldo PHYSICALLY doesn’t possess NEARLY the same ability. He is LITERALLY an inferior footballer. He physically can not do things that Messi that can do even if he tried and trained day and night for it. He doesn’t have it in him.

They are literally not comparable.

But I will give you a chance, if you can’t go wrong picking either one that must mean they have to be somewhat equal and hard to seperate and possess same abilities .

Name 1 Footballing Trait, That Ronaldo is equal in or better in than Messi. Just One.

For example in basketball, a trait would be just for example one is a better 3 point shooter, or a better dunker, or better dribbler, better team player, better passer, better ball handles/ control. Etc.

Name one Individual trait/ ability of Ronaldo in which he is Better than Messi

BESIDES HEADERS.

Last edited by kartveli; 08-10-2019 at 10:05 AM..

1 week ago '19        #8
space
space
 freefab420 said
Messi and Ronaldo are both incredible and you can’t go wrong picking either one. You could poke holes in both of their careers too (Cristiano not winning more La Ligas, Messi’s refusal to win sh*t with Argentina).
They’ are two amazing players and it’s dope we saw both at the same time.
I don’t know why that’s so difficult to understand.
Difference between Ronaldo and Messi is this. Ronaldo can’t win games alone with his individual brilliance . He needs to be a*sisted. He’s JUST a finisher and not even the type to score individual goals. (He does sometimes, long range strikes but not often enough to give him that trait). And everyone knows he doesn’t create. He’s just there to finish. Every single CL Real Madrid won , It was NOT LED by Ronaldo. He played a part.

Where as Messi doesn’t play a part. He leads. He wins games alone. Due to his INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE. without help of his teammates. He scores individual goals. And he also plays in midfield , creates and playmakes. Something Ronaldo has never done in his career.

This is what RIO FERDINAND said about Messi . About losing Champions League Final to Barcelona. Listen to what he said.

“We all kind of felt if we played against that Barcelona side without Messi, we probably would have won.”

That’s the difference.

1 week ago '18        #9
Armstrong 102 
space
space
space
$999 | Props total: 1949 1949
your narrative of Messi doing all alone is beyond delusional. Barca are stacked have been stacked and will always be stacked. Messi has a CL without doing anything it was ronaldinho team. And hasn’t won CL since xavi n ineista left. Don’t ever downgrade xavi n ineista you sound like a casual saying he was leading them those 2 guys were the true leaders ask any Barca loyalist n fan. We’ve seen what has happened last 2 CL that sh*t is very embarrassing. N tell him to go play in another league we can’t to see Messi dominate elsewhere too
+6   

1 week ago '04        #10
freefab420 
space
space
space
$767 | Props total: 9 9
 kartveli said
Difference between Ronaldo and Messi is this. Ronaldo canít win games alone with his individual brilliance . He needs to be a*sisted. Heís JUST a finisher and not even the type to score individual goals. (He does sometimes, long range strikes but not often enough to give him that trait). And everyone knows he doesnít create. Heís just there to finish. Every single CL Real Madrid won , It was NOT LED by Ronaldo. He played a part.

Where as Messi doesnít play a part. He leads. He wins games alone. Due to his INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE. without help of his teammates. He scores individual goals. And he also plays in midfield , creates and playmakes. Something Ronaldo has never done in his career.

This is what RIO FERDINAND said about Messi . About losing Champions League Final to Barcelona. Listen to what he said.

ďWe all kind of felt if we played against that Barcelona side without Messi, we probably would have won.Ē

Thatís the difference.
What did Messi win alone? La liga? The CL? Copa America? A World Cup? Heís a great player thatís been a part of great teams. Same as Cristiano. Both have displayed individual brilliance that has won matches for their team. Argentina misses the World Cup without a Messi hat trick and Portugal gets knocked out of the last euros in the group stage without a Cristiano brace. I donít really understand whatís so difficult about this.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #11
space
space
 Armstrong 102 said
your narrative of Messi doing all alone is beyond delusional. Barca are stacked have been stacked and will always be stacked. Messi has a CL without doing anything it was ronaldinho team. And hasnít won CL since xavi n ineista left. Donít ever downgrade xavi n ineista you sound like a casual saying he was leading them those 2 guys were the true leaders ask any Barca loyalist n fan. Weíve seen what has happened last 2 CL that sh*t is very embarrassing. N tell him to go play in another league we canít to see Messi dominate elsewhere too
Lol. Youíre an embarrassment. You donít deserve a response.

1 week ago '05        #12
rawchester 21 heat pts21
space
space
$6,832 | Props total: 9936 9936
Op is back at it.... Lol
+1   

1 week ago '19        #13
space
space
I got facts. fu*k opinions. Any statement I make I can back up with facts and knowledge.

While none of u can back ur troll statements with facts and real life events/ games.

EVERY SINGLE TITLE BARCA WON- BAR NONE. would not have been possible without Messi. He didn’t play a part. He WAS the part. He made the difference. Most cases ALONE.

RONALDO, on the other hand, played 0 part in Real Madrid’s CL wins, EXCEPT ONE OF THEM.

4 champions league titles Ronaldo won with Real Madrid, and contributed in only one of them. Pathetic. (I can back this up facts) (this isn’t my opinion)

While every title Barca won was directly from Messi’s contributions.

1 week ago '07        #14
760 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,724 | Props total: 3659 3659
Bro, you really dont got anything better to do with your time?
+2   

1 week ago '19        #15
space
space
 760 said
Bro, you really dont got anything better to do with your time?
Lol on some real sh*t- I do but I donít do them. Iím going through a depression. And Iím using this time to express one of my passions in life. Which is football, Bro. Fķtbol n*gga. El Futbolita. Yo Corazon futbol ya dig?

1 week ago '16        #16
ahonui06 1804 heat pts1804
space
space
$42,568 | Props total: 87172 87172
@ is so mad that Messi can't win sh*t for his country like Ronaldo

Also funny he failed to mention that Messi hasn't done sh*t in UCL without Xavi and Iniesta

Pretty sure the ultra important Luka Modric and Real Madrid flamed out last year without Ronaldo too
+1   

6 days ago '07        #17
760 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,724 | Props total: 3659 3659
 kartveli said
Lol on some real sh*t- I do but I donít do them. Iím going through a depression. And Iím using this time to express one of my passions in life. Which is football, Bro. Fķtbol n*gga. El Futbolita. Yo Corazon futbol ya dig?

6 days ago '19        #18
space
space
 760 said
2018/2019

Last edited by kartveli; 08-13-2019 at 05:38 PM..

6 days ago '17        #19
DonC 36 heat pts36
space
space
space
$6,781 | Props total: 13576 13576
Messi's kryptonite is that Argentina jersey...lol

6 days ago '19        #20
space
space
 DonC said
Messi's kryptonite is that Argentina jersey...lol
Not really

6 days ago '05        #21
chrismb 736 heat pts736
space
space
$22,170 | Props total: 51905 51905
 kartveli said
I did find your obsession weird but if youíre admittedly going through depression I pray and hope you get better bro, in all seriousness

6 days ago '17        #22
DonC 36 heat pts36
space
space
space
$6,781 | Props total: 13576 13576
 kartveli said
Not really
As an adult, has he won any global or international tournament wearing that jersey? LOL
+1   

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  28
Tinashe lamenting her failed career
223 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+50online now  22
Houston Man Shoots Two Men For Catcalling His Girlfriend