Aug 7 - Laid off Charlotte father of 2 with MBA passing out resumes during rush hour

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Daily Bugle

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '11        #51
Sin 2207 heat pts2207
space
space
$32,909 | Props total: 101928 101928
 DIPSET101 said
Yea he did mention he haven't heard anything back from the garbage job
My job is having a problem filling one position, everytime they hire someone train them they leave after a month or two

Itís for a position at a closing data center and nobody wants to stay at a one maybe two year max job
+1   

1 week ago '07        #52
dhead_txn 
space
space
$1,035 | Props total: 359 359
This is a stupid way to get a job. If he has an MBA he should be networking with his former business school classmates and applying for jobs. If he spent 8 hours per day applying for jobs then he would get a job. Its a proven formula.

There is also all sorts of work that can be done to at least keep your family supported. I have always had some way to make an extra $500-1500 per month. You can't be afraid to get your hands dirty sometimes to feed your family

Last edited by dhead_txn; 08-08-2019 at 07:24 AM..
+4   

1 week ago '18        #53
Dehone 
space
space
$4,314 | Props total: 13944 13944
 DJ Maximum said
They lowballing the fu*k out of people on indeed

I seen a job once that required a BA 35k salary

Im like wtf
I do be seeing some bullsh*t on indeed. I got a dope a*s job offer but a n*gga clearance was expired.
+2   

1 week ago '04        #54
Tastemaker331 86 heat pts86
space
space
$43,294 | Props total: 25695 25695
n*ggas need to stop getting BS degrees
Guarantee you he wouldn’t be in this boat with a STEM degree

Cat got a degree in HR. He was doomed from the get go

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 08-08-2019 at 07:48 AM..
+4   

1 week ago '14        #55
Prince Thizz 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,676 | Props total: 9150 9150
How you got a whole MBA and you gotta pass out resumes on the street?

I can damn near understand someone with a Bachelors, but you got a whole fu*king MBA and youíre doing that? From networking in school or at your job, you should be able to call someone up and secure that next job pretty smoothly.
+2   

1 week ago '05        #56
theking08 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 710 710
 Hakim Cobain said

bruh get yo a*s on LinkedIn & stop embarrassing us.
Rightttt!! LinkedIn is the plug if you know how to maneuver correctly.

1 week ago '07        #57
dhead_txn 
space
space
$1,035 | Props total: 359 359
 Tastemaker331 said
n*ggas need to stop getting BS degrees
Guarantee you he wouldnít be in this boat with a STEM degree
Since when is an MBA a BS degree?

1 week ago '15        #58
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,318 | Props total: 53281 53281
 mtva24 said
MBA ain't worth it unless you go to a decent school. Even then its not about what you learn in the classroom, but who you network with. There's a big difference between an online MBA from Ashford and actually attending Harvard. His MBA isn't even AACSB accredited
I disagree. I know people with low prestige degrees that do better than me (even though I do pretty well) and I have a somewhat prestigious MBA. If I was to rank what's important in the workplace for opportunities, I'd do so as follows:

1. Who you know
2. Race
3. Pleasant attitude
4. Experience
5. Education
6. Prestige of your degree
+7   

1 week ago '04        #59
SeanP 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,019 | Props total: 1440 1440
Damn..they don't have Indeed, LinkedIn, or Career builder in North Carolina?
+4   

1 week ago '14        #60
freezetag 
space
space
$3,112 | Props total: 7222 7222
 Madethagreat said
Confused lol there’s plenty of postings online out here

But being honest I feel they play the “guess your race based upon your name” game

In nc somebody told me warehousing is a black thing they don’t want you to go outside the box here
Jesus where the fu*k you living in NC bc I make blood vessels here in Raleigh.

Last edited by freezetag; 08-08-2019 at 07:32 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '19        #61
Datcluety 
space
space
space
$18 | Props total: 37 37
 In Disguise said
That whites guy got 100 job offers doing the same thing
We got a lot of people begging for sh*t on our corners in Charlotte. Him and that white guy arenít the only ones doing this, there are real homeless people asking for work as well
+2   

1 week ago '19        #62
Datcluety 
space
space
space
$18 | Props total: 37 37
 freezetag said
I live in Charlotte, yíall were recruiting our police officers and they were actually leaving lol. Itís become so expensive here you might as well move to Atlanta
+2   

1 week ago '19        #63
Punch Out 2 heat pts
space
space
$322 | Props total: 1119 1119
This is the new normal
+1   

1 week ago '14        #64
Prince Thizz 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,676 | Props total: 9150 9150
 dhead_txn said
Lmao, every time college is lowkey brought up, you got a whole bunch of high school dropouts trying to sh*t on someone elseís achievements
+5   

1 week ago '16        #65
MHP Trotty 505 heat pts505
space
space
$14,363 | Props total: 58064 58064
 dhead_txn said
This is a stupid way to get a job. If he has an MBA he should be networking with his former business school classmates and applying for jobs. If he spent 8 hours per day applying for jobs then he would get a job. Its a proven formula.

There is also all sorts of work that can be done to at least keep your family supported. I have always had some way to make an extra $500-1500 per month. You can't be afraid to get your hands dirty sometimes to feed your family
Heís got 2 toddlers at home. You gotta keep them occupied.
+1   

1 week ago '08        #66
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$38,647 | Props total: 22261 22261
 jsilerio said
Sucks but thatís why school is not something I will push on everyone. I went and did nothing with it. Got my CDL in a month and feel more pride in that then my college experience.
Iím with you my brother

I went to school and got an IT degree, but Iím more successful as a Master Barber. The lifestyle doing this now is far more better than it was trying to get right in that IT field. Something I used to do in my teens for fun is now paying my bills and getting me all the sh*t I want.
+6   

1 week ago '04        #67
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$2,351 | Props total: 1010 1010
 OWPE said
Got laid off with an MBA you say? All those democrats pushing free college gonna make all degrees useless, if they aint useless already

It's not like your exempt from real world problems just because you have an MBA. What kind of logic is that?!?

1 week ago '04        #68
qutaboi225 70 heat pts70
space
space
$6,210 | Props total: 15272 15272
 OWPE said
Got laid off with an MBA you say? All those democrats pushing free college gonna make all degrees useless, if they aint useless already

You mean the way other countries w/ free education send their brightest here (i.e doctors, engineers) via H1B1 with "useless" degrees. You such a dumb fu*k. Paying for a degree and free degree doesn't make it LESS valid. You still have to ATTAIN the fu*king degree and pass the necessary test. Dear GOD you're a stupid fu*k
+4   

1 week ago '04        #69
Tastemaker331 86 heat pts86
space
space
$43,294 | Props total: 25695 25695
 dhead_txn said
When it’s its Human Resources fool

Prince Thizz said
Lmao, every time college is lowkey brought up, you got a whole bunch of high school dropouts trying to sh*t on someone else’s achievements
High school drop out?
bi*ch I run a pharma company

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 08-08-2019 at 07:53 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '13        #70
diamondsxmoney 
space
space
$4,734 | Props total: 7125 7125
 Illogic said
I have no college degree at all but make 120k my job canít shipped overseas. I do telephony for the local government
Thatís dope, I have a BA in polisci, tell me a bit more about that if you donít mind. Might be sumn I need to look into.

1 week ago '08        #71
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$38,647 | Props total: 22261 22261
 dhead_txn said

The article says he was laid off in June. Iím a*suming a n*gga with a Masters degree has all types of networks heís involved in. Iím gonna also a*sume those networks havenít came through for him. Him standing out there like that with his credentials is outta desperation and well thought out cuz this went viral, somebody gonna give him a look
+2   

1 week ago '04        #72
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$17,000 | Props total: 6452 6452
 Madethagreat said
Confused lol thereís plenty of postings online out here

But being honest I feel they play the ďguess your race based upon your nameĒ game

In nc somebody told me warehousing is a black thing they donít want you to go outside the box here
Boy stop. Online jobs are a one in a million. By the time you see and submit hundreds of lying bums applied before you and nobody gets to see your resume.
+2   

1 week ago '15        #73
Madethagreat 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,105 | Props total: 17001 17001
 zhiggeman said
Boy stop. Online jobs are a one in a million. By the time you see and submit hundreds of lying bums applied before you and nobody gets to see your resume.
Buck shot method, Negative Nancy
+1   

1 week ago '15        #74
Madethagreat 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,105 | Props total: 17001 17001
 freezetag said
Charlotte /Gastonia

1 week ago '04        #75
DJ Maximum|M 67 heat pts67
space
space
$47,313 | Props total: 28382 28382
 satsuma said
what state?
Ohio

and it was an analyst position my friend who worked at the same company said the guy that retired from the postion after 25 years was making 98k and it capped out so he couldnt get anything higher than that.

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+50online now  50
Video inside Producer Bryan Michael Cox "Jay-Z Told Jermaine Dupri Not To Work With ..
119 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  26
Article inside Rihanna BLASTS Jay Z Over His New NFL Deal - 'Wrong' & 'Shady!'
270 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+76online now  21
Image(s) inside Styles P Says "I Quit Rap..."
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+35online now  12
Video inside Shia LaBEouf is on a roll boy!!!!!
38 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy