Aug 7 - Laid off Charlotte father of 2 with MBA passing out resumes during rush hour

most viewed right now
25 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Daily Bugle

1 week ago '04        #26
DJ Maximum|M 67 heat pts67
space
space
$47,313 | Props total: 28383 28383
 satsuma said
i think he would do better passing his resume out on indeed.
They lowballing the fu*k out of people on indeed

I seen a job once that required a BA 35k salary

Im like wtf
+16   

1 week ago '04        #27
collegeboy58 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,050 | Props total: 6833 6833
 Madethagreat said
Confused lol thereís plenty of postings online out here

But being honest I feel they play the ďguess your race based upon your nameĒ game

In nc somebody told me warehousing is a black thing they donít want you to go outside the box here
But his name is Michael Bridges
+5   

1 week ago '15        #28
satsuma 40 heat pts40
space
space
$2,353 | Props total: 3137 3137
 DJ Maximum said
They lowballing the fu*k out of people on indeed

I seen a job once that required a BA 35k salary

Im like wtf
what state?

1 week ago '06        #29
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,067 | Props total: 3826 3826
This man is smart.. took the same thing that some other guy did and did it for himself. I was wondering when someone was going to copy ...

The guy that did it 6 days ago

Watch a lot more people try this out lol, I should tell my wife to do it.

Now lets see if he gets a job or we going start playing the race card again lol

1 week ago '08        #30
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,703 | Props total: 8973 8973
props to dude and all,

but....

- this is the 2nd time he got laid off, so the industry where he has been focusing does not have a long term survival rate
- he has an MBA in Human Resources. If he was in DC he'd be doing great, but anywhere else?
+13   

1 week ago '08        #31
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,703 | Props total: 8973 8973
 xastey said
This man is smart.. took the same thing that some other guy did and did it for himself. I was wondering when someone was going to copy ...

The guy that did it 6 days ago

Watch a lot more people try this out lol, I should tell my wife to do it.

Now lets see if he gets a job or we going start playing the race card again lol
Nice. His background has more immediate practicality which facilitated the interests of people, and the chick who spread his resume

1 week ago '18        #32
Jutown219 
space
space
space
$18 | Props total: 26 26
I'm in CDL school typing this as we speak. Got about 4 more weeks left.. if you a driver like myself this is cake work... stay safe on the roads though 😎
+8   

1 week ago '06        #33
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,067 | Props total: 3826 3826
 flav said
Nice. His background has more immediate practicality which facilitated the interests of people, and the chick who spread his resume

Never looked up the chick.. but

But to your point.. yeah its easier to higher someone with less education. My wife is a RN, been it for about 10yrs.. she just got her Masters. She started to apply for some jobs, she see's she has all the qualifications etc... "Requirement : Medical a*sistance" . I told her to get on linkedin and try to network.. hopefully something comes up because everything she finds is Management but they wont higher you because she doesn't have management experience lol. Companies dont like to take changes on people with experience.. like no one can learn sh*t on the spot.

I feel sorry for people that get hard degrees and still can't get a job in their field. Just backwards.
+7   

1 week ago '05        #34
g-thang 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$575 | Props total: 1412 1412
Mba ainít sh*t lol

1 week ago '04        #35
ATLDOPEBOI30 78 heat pts78
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 11055 11055
Funny it was cool when the you know who did it but now its get online n*gga
+4   

1 week ago '11        #36
kevin boogz 158 heat pts158
space
space
$5,368 | Props total: 13609 13609
he got what he wanted out of it. the universe will do the work now and he will get his job.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #37
Boogie1790 9 heat pts
space
space
$8,189 | Props total: 20561 20561
A white dude did this in Tallahassee recently.

1 week ago '05        #38
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$9,210 | Props total: 9075 9075
 Hakim Cobain said

bruh get yo a*s on LinkedIn & stop embarrassing us.
whats so embarrassing about what his doing?
+1   

1 week ago '19        #39
booyaka 
space
space
$123 | Props total: 441 441
 keto kid said
congrats

my man baggio just got his cdl as well

not trying to be disrespectful but it's the only picture I could find

Mi inspire di bum a*s boi ta do betta.
Mi finally can take di towels and sofa pillows out di pantry and put mi food back.
+5   

1 week ago '17        #40
Rule 336 136 heat pts136
space
space
$14,772 | Props total: 57185 57185
 jsilerio said
Sucks but thatís why school is not something I will push on everyone. I went and did nothing with it. Got my CDL in a month and feel more pride in that then my college experience.
Cracked all those jokes on me but now you have followed suit welcome to the brotherhood Brother
+1   

1 week ago '15        #41
WavyManny 
space
space
$418 | Props total: 1129 1129
Everybody knocks school and calls it a scam, and donít get me wrong it does cost way too much. But if you research the outlook on your major, make sure itís accredited, and network youíll be good. Internships are key, itís just all a matter of getting them. Sadly, most minorities donít have the backing or advantages that would allow them to succeed on the scale that whites do.
+5   

1 week ago '16        #42
Strong Side Iso 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,682 | Props total: 14333 14333
Nothing against the brother,.....but this is WHY you need your CDL to fall back on.

So yo a*s aint on the highway with a sign and your shirt untucked.

1 week ago '16        #43
Illogic 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,475 | Props total: 3301 3301
 jsilerio said
Sucks but thatís why school is not something I will push on everyone. I went and did nothing with it. Got my CDL in a month and feel more pride in that then my college experience.
I have no college degree at all but make 120k my job canít shipped overseas. I do telephony for the local government
+2   

1 week ago '10        #44
SnowFleury 36 heat pts36
space
space
$4,189 | Props total: 13549 13549
My roommate recently got his MBA from Boston University and has been saying the job market for that type of stuff is dry as fu*k. He's got a decent job with a dual major degree from BU in addition to the MBA but he's been there since before he even started grad school...I don't wanna say school is a waste of time and money because it's really not but sometimes I look at situations like his and I go "hmmm"

I also never finished my bachelors tbh and we make comparable money...on my end though I had a lot of luck with great management that groomed me in addition to working hard and like others have said NETWORKING and doing all the right things with those above me
+1   

1 week ago '16        #45
IGotIt 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,338 | Props total: 4347 4347
 jsilerio said
 Lsulakersaints said
Yup, I went and got my cdl and I make more then people I know with bachelor's degrees

looking back, I'm glad I had my CDL when I was in the military. All I gotta do is get my master driver's record back from my last base and I'll be good,.

+2   

1 week ago '14        #46
Sphynx 162 heat pts162
space
space
$13,579 | Props total: 51670 51670
 jsilerio said
You didn't make the right connections, period.

College is more than going out there, showing up to class just enough to get by/do well (which is how way too many people do it)

How many internships did you do? How many job fairs did you go to in your sophomore year? College for those who end up successful is 4 years of making professional connections. Too many people just show up, get a piece of paper, then expect the world to bow down to them when they get out. In actuality hella n*ggas got that same piece of paper, and probably did it better than you. The connections are the leg up
+10   

1 week ago '15        #47
Quillajones 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 2590 2590
 Madethagreat said
Confused lol thereís plenty of postings online out here

But being honest I feel they play the ďguess your race based upon your nameĒ game

In nc somebody told me warehousing is a black thing they donít want you to go outside the box here
I was just about to mention warehouse jobs like slamazon, hope this brother bounces back

1 week ago '07        #48
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,996 | Props total: 18501 18501
 Sin said
He says that but jobs donít like hiring very overqualified people because they donít stay long

Heís still going to be looking for the job he really wants
Yea he did mention he haven't heard anything back from the garbage job
+2   

1 week ago '18        #49
Dehone 
space
space
$4,324 | Props total: 13966 13966
That's why I'm trying to go back in the military so I can get my clearance back. You got a clearance, a few years of experience and a bunch of connections and you've got a good chance of finding something. A degree helps a little but that sh*t ain't even really necessary
+1   

1 week ago '15        #50
SouthsideNori 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,887 | Props total: 17249 17249
I can pay him round 50k to be a Gas Piping apprentice

+2   

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Tariq Nasheed gives Jay z his butter biscuits
95 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
Aug 16 - Jeffrey Epstein spent hours alone with mysterious woman in lockup
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
Do You Believe In Ghost? Ever Had a Ghostly Experience?
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+124online now  6
Big Worm has entered the chat: says Jayz pulled a ďHouse JiggerĒ move.
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy