Canelo Alvarez has hired independent to go over contract | Canelo vs Golden Boy

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX SportsCenter

2 weeks ago '12        #51
kej718 295 heat pts295
space
space
space
$5,240 | Props total: 6376 6376
Does he stay on DAZN, ESPN?
PBC would be a good look too.
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #52
GroveBoy740 91 heat pts91
space
space
$4,742 | Props total: 7238 7238
 strungout said
goldenboy is done without canelo..

i mean they got lemeuix, Saddam ali, Ryan Garcia, jorge linares, Jamie munguia, Gary o'sullivan ,

but canelo is Bringing in the lions share of the money ...however he also has a big contract to fulfill with dazn and we dont know how much he has signed away to gb, so he might not have any grounds to leave
I read yesterday Ryan Garcia was unhappy too.
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #53
strungout 410 heat pts410
space
space
$37,177 | Props total: 91956 91956
 GroveBoy740 said
I read yesterday Ryan Garcia was unhappy too.
i was under the impression he was related to oscar

2 weeks ago '17        #54
Movadovato 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,273 | Props total: 2100 2100
 Fameus said
How is that a good thing

Y'all really this geeked to endorse a monopoly
This is business......

Al Haymond has literally everybody but Terrance Crawford and Canelo. With that being said the only reason Mayweather and Pacman f*ght took so long was because Mayweather was with Al and pacman was with Bob Aryum.....two different tycoons on two different networks....and everybody thinks they are the A side even when they know they arent and negotiations take forever.

The only reason you saw Pacman f*ght Keith Thurman is because Pacman dropped Bob and went to Al.

So lets talk about the future....Errol Spence.

Who is the one person everybody wants him to f*ght....Terrance Crawford, but that wont happen no time soon. The more f*ghters are on one umbrella the more they can f*ght each other. If Terrance goes with Al Haymond he can f*ght Keith Thurman, or Shawn Porter, or Danny Garcia, or Manny Pacman.

Its better for the sport plus Al Haymond is a legit businessman that everybody trust.....especially black f*ghters which is progress, just look at the history of Boxers getting robbed.

+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #55
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$48,686 | Props total: 64373 64373
 Walmart said
Yep, one of the judges in the Canelo/Floyd f*ght scored it a draw

The judges gave Canelo a gift in his first f*ght with GGG too b/c by scoring it a draw.

Same with Lara vs Canelo (which I think Lara won).

There's no doubt in my mind that some of the judges in Canelo f*ghts are swayed to score the f*ght in his favor.
Don't forget that out of 36 rounds across 3 judges scorecards, Cotto was given a combined 3 rounds vs Canelo.

ordoabchao said
His most egregious errors, in my opinion:

(#1) Joining forces with Bob Arum in their bogus lawsuit of Al Haymon, instead of just reflecting on the mistakes he made that caused the downfall of his company. The racist bullsh*t that came out his/his teams mouth can't be forgotten.

(#2) Turning out Bernard Hopkins

In hindsight, I can't fault him for trying to make Canelo into who he was, just as he was groomed to replace Julio Caesar Chavez. Oscar was gifted decisions he didn't earn...Canelo's gifted decisions he doesn't earn. He's just following the blueprint he was taught.... They don't let you in when you go against the grain.

What defines the character of your manhood, much like a boxer, is how you respond to a punch, a knock down, defeat, failure. He didn't respond well to his own failure. Boxing politics aside, he hasn't learned, grown, or adapted to the game.

What about alcohol and coke abusing and cross dressing while cheating on his family while at the same time insulting other f*ghters for their behavior?

What about that time he threatened that he was going to launch an investigation into the outcome of his second f*ght with Mosley.... but he didn't give a fuk about the whitaker f*ght, the bazooka f*ght, the Sturm f*ght.. and then went on to rig countless other f*ghts as a promoter.

What about proclaiming that his promotional outfit was going to be different than all the other scummy promoters before him and then he went on to buy up all the HBO and ESPN dates and try to freeze everyone else out of TV and force outside f*ghters to give up options on future f*ghts, if they wanted to get a f*ght on tv?

What about poaching Canelo from his promoter and losing an $8 million judgement?

What about poaching pacman from Arum?

What about backstabbing Mosley?

What about not running his own company and then forcing the dude who was keeping his company successful, out of the company AND into a non-compete for 2yrs?

Doing this bullsh*t

Dudes really out here asking why we hate oscar? Are y'all fu*king serious? @ come talk to these dudes.

Last edited by stogz; 08-06-2019 at 06:08 PM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #56
jj01 
space
space
$49,698 | Props total: 12907 12907
 stogz said
Don't forget that out of 36 rounds across 3 judges scorecards, Cotto was given a combined 3 rounds vs Canelo.

What about alcohol and coke abusing and cross dressing while cheating on his family while at the same time insulting other f*ghters for their behavior?

What about that time he threatened that he was going to launch an investigation into the outcome of his second f*ght with Mosley.... but he didn't give a fuk about the whitaker f*ght, the bazooka f*ght, the Sturm f*ght.. and then went on to rig countless other f*ghts as a promoter.

What about proclaiming that his promotional outfit was going to be different than all the other scummy promoters before him and then he went on to buy up all the HBO and ESPN dates and try to freeze everyone else out of TV and force outside f*ghters to give up options on future f*ghts, if they wanted to get a f*ght on tv?

What about poaching Canelo from his promoter and losing an $8 million judgement?

What about not running his own company and then forcing the dude who was keeping his company successful, out of the coming AND into a non-compete for 2yrs?

Doing this bullsh*t

Dudes really out here asking why we hate oscar? Are y'all fu*king serious? @ come talk to these dudes.

its not worth it bc they clearly have notbeen paying attention in the first place.
ppl like that arent worth my space bar.
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #57
44wade 312 heat pts312
space
space
space
$28,808 | Props total: 18880 18880
posting lots of bullsh*t.

like ya man aint out there slapping every woman he get, ducking f*ghts for 10 yrs, f*ghting mma f*ghters, got serious gambling problem etc...

if dlh is trash, then what that make floyd? good?

sh*t retarded. yall bias out of control.

2 weeks ago '07        #58
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 44wade said
posting lots of bullsh*t.

like ya man aint out there slapping every woman he get, ducking f*ghts for 10 yrs, f*ghting mma f*ghters, got serious gambling problem etc...

if dlh is trash, then what that make floyd? good?

sh*t retarded. yall bias out of control.
LOL at you still crying and typing factless nonsense.
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #59
Tha TC 71 heat pts71
space
space
$9,528 | Props total: 15761 15761
This isn’t about Floyd though, this is about Oscar and why some of us don’t care for him. I call a spade a spade if I’m wrong I’m wrong. But just know that it’s some stuff none of us will post on here I’ve alluded to it in 4-5 threads I’m sure. But Oscar really needs help… this man is his own worst enemy and when friends and clients can no longer save you… and you can’t f*ght anymore yourself? Hope him and Robert Garcia are still cool he makes most of his money outside of the ring.
+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #60
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Tha TC said
This isn’t about Floyd though, this is about Oscar and why some of us don’t care for him. I call a spade a spade if I’m wrong I’m wrong. But just know that it’s some stuff none of us will post on here I’ve alluded to it in 4-5 threads I’m sure. But Oscar really needs help… this man is his own worst enemy and when friends and clients can no longer save you… and you can’t f*ght anymore yourself? Hope him and Robert Garcia are still cool he makes most of his money outside of the ring.
As a person, he sucks.

As a f*ghter, he benefited from corruption.

As a businessman, his platform IS corruption.

There is no one close to him that has any kind words about him. ... so of course, the only conclusion you can come to is, Haymon is shady and maywether is a bad person. Bx logic
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #61
Tha TC 71 heat pts71
space
space
$9,528 | Props total: 15761 15761
I want to try to say something positive about Oscar…

Cocaine drug panel
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #62
ordoabchao 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$5,103 | Props total: 8311 8311
 stogz said

What about not running his own company and then forcing the dude who was keeping his company successful, out of the company AND into a non-compete for 2yrs?

Doing this bullsh*t

Not sure why you mentioned me. I'm the one of the most vocal, anti-GB posters here.

What I find funny is: you discuss any of what you typed to Canelo fans (who by default are almost all ODH fans), they say: that's the game, and urge you to separate Canelo from ODH's behavior. You suggest that Canelo's career has benefitted from that same questionable behavior, they say you're only being critical because he's Mexican and not Black. It can't be both ways.

You can't fault ODH for doing the same shady sh*t every other promoter does. Thats jut the way the game is played. You can be extremely disappointed that ODH squandered his opportunity to improve boxing for f*ghters long-term, given the unique, probably once in a lifetime position, he was in.

Last edited by ordoabchao; 08-06-2019 at 07:01 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #63
44wade 312 heat pts312
space
space
space
 ordoabchao said
Not sure why you mentioned me. I'm the one of the most vocal, anti-GB posters here.

What I find funny is: you discuss any of what you typed to Canelo fans (who by default are almost all ODH fans), they say: that's the game, and urge you to separate Canelo from ODH's behavior. You suggest that Canelo's career has benefitted from that same questionable behavior, they say you're only being critical because he's Mexican and not Black. It can't be both ways.

You can't fault ODH for doing the same shady sh*t every other promoter does. Thats jut the way the game is played. You can be extremely disappointed that ODH squandered his opportunity to improve boxing for f*ghters long-term, given the unique position, probably once in a lifetime position, he was in.
that last paragraph to me is my biggest gripe as far as GBP is a boxing promoter and they all basically do all the same sh*t. All this Al Haymon fan club sh*t is weird to me, because he does the same sh*t also. Maybe it looks like he is helping more f*ghters get to the bag right now, but thats because he was part of a takeover by networks. So when those investments start to dry up, like they did with the 1st go around of PBC, then all the negative stuff will start to be more apparent. Also, I cant see how one guy having basically a monopoly in boxing is good for the sport, its never really been good for the people in any business, so all this fan boy sh*t is WEIRD to me.

Ultimately, I dont care really care about promoters too too much, because its been this way in boxing since boxing. I just want to see the best f*ghts I can, and right now Canelo through GBP has had some good opponents and entertaining f*ghts, and Im sorry but I feel boxing is much better than it was during the last era. I just enjoy seeing boxing. And thats what Im getting right now.

2 weeks ago '18        #64
ordoabchao 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
 Movadovato said
So lets talk about the future....Errol Spence.

Who is the one person everybody wants him to f*ght....Terrance Crawford, but that wont happen no time soon. The more f*ghters are on one umbrella the more they can f*ght each other. If Terrance goes with Al Haymond he can f*ght Keith Thurman, or Shawn Porter, or Danny Garcia, or Manny Pacman.

Its better for the sport plus Al Haymond is a legit businessman that everybody trust.....especially black f*ghters which is progress, just look at the history of Boxers getting robbed.

This is why I have questions about Terrance's makeup. He had his chance to break free, but he followed the Bradley blueprint, and, more specifically, didn't learn from Pacquaio or Mikey Garcia's mistakes..
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #65
ordoabchao 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
 44wade said
that last paragraph to me is my biggest gripe as far as GBP is a boxing promoter and they all basically do all the same sh*t. All this Al Haymon fan club sh*t is weird to me, because he does the same sh*t also. Maybe it looks like he is helping more f*ghters get to the bag right now, but thats because he was part of a takeover by networks. So when those investments start to dry up, like they did with the 1st go around of PBC, then all the negative stuff will start to be more apparent. Also, I cant see how one guy having basically a monopoly in boxing is good for the sport, its never really been good for the people in any business, so all this fan boy sh*t is WEIRD to me.

Ultimately, I dont care really care about promoters too too much, because its been this way in boxing since boxing. I just want to see the best f*ghts I can, and right now Canelo through GBP has had some good opponents and entertaining f*ghts, and Im sorry but I feel boxing is much better than it was during the last era. I just enjoy seeing boxing. And thats what Im getting right now.
You have to remember: Bob Arum started the initial promotional war. Bob convinced ODH/GB to join his side in their lawsuit, even though Bob knew ODH was always the real problem... Bob Arum & ODH attacked Haymon's character with racist bullsh*t in a smear campaign, and Haymon just let his business do the talking. Arum only offered the olive branch to ODH because he knew Haymon's paperwork was legit, and he wanted to salvage what was left of the boxing market for himself. Bob is the only person who has an issue with PBC. Main Events, Dibella Entertainment, etc have had no problems doing business with Haymon. GB itself started with a group of investors (which it still has), just like the PBC. Haymon definitely gets more f*ghters to the bag than other promoters, but that's due to the genius of how he's positioned himself. Remember: he's not a promoter, he's an advisor. It's genius because he retains a tremendous amount of power, but inherits none of the legal responsibility nor restrictions that other promoters have. Haymon is no Don King....
+6   

2 weeks ago '07        #66
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 ordoabchao said

You can't fault ODH for doing the same shady sh*t every other promoter does. Thats jut the way the game is played. You can be extremely disappointed that ODH squandered his opportunity to improve boxing for f*ghters long-term, given the unique, probably once in a lifetime position, he was in.
I was being humorous. You mentioned two egregious things... and then i chimed mentioning the things that you may have forgotten.

... and let's make something really fu*king clear. This sh*t has NOTHING to do with race. Don King was criticized by many of us the exact same way, if not worse.

Last edited by stogz; 08-06-2019 at 08:06 PM..
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '05        #67
chi town hustla 263 heat pts263
space
space
$23,568 | Props total: 35557 35557
 44wade said

I see u don't know that backstory on AL. That's why u talking all that bs lol. Google
clarence avant that's AL mentor and he considers AL his son. So AL got to be a stand up guy and his investors ain't never going to dry up because of Clarence connections. I'll give u a heads up off gp before u google.

+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #68
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 44wade said

They don't ALL do the same thing. Another one of your non-factual based talking points.

Just admit you are a biased hater with no facts and then quit. You sound dumb. Al been in the game 20yrs , well before PBC and yet, your dumb claim is to say that he looks like he's getting f*ghters the bag right now??? Do you have any common sense? First of all, f*ghters want the bag. Second of all, like i said, he's been doing this before YOU knew he existed.

Part of a takeover by the networks? Again, another absolutely moronic, non-factual based talking point. Some people are just in a rush to display their sheer and utter ignorance. What networks are we talking about here? Showtime? A network that GBP and Arum were not even working with? NBC? A network that wasn't even in the boxing business. Fox & FS1? Two more networks that were not in the boxing business. Bounce? Another network not in the boxing business. Al actually INCREASED the boxing on television. Spike tv had shown boxing for a bit. Oscar went a found a network whose name i can't remember right now, that wasn't in the boxing business and put low level GBP f*ghts on there... all because Haymon's imagination opened up everyone's imagination. Arum abandoned his low level farm system f*ghts on ESPN to focus on higher profile f*ghts on HBO... and Haymon came in there and put high profile f*ghts on ESPN. Then Arum came back and was forced to put on his highest level talent on the ESPN network. Fury got that $100 million from Arum because of Haymon. CAnelo got his DAZN deal because of haymon. YOU need to thank him. So wtf are you talking about? Haymon left HBO, let Arum and Oscar have it to themselves, and THEY fuk'd it up. sh*t has nothing to do with Haymon. Do you even fu*king know what the work "monopoly" means?

DAZN has as many middleweights as PBC has welters, but that's not a monopoly according to you. Explain how Haymon has a monopoly over a worldwide sport? DAZN has 34 dates per year, PBC has 32 dates per year... Bob has ESPN... yet Haymon has a monopoly? Again, do you know what the word "monopoly" means?

King and Arum are the architects of taking boxing off free tv 35 years ago, yet you mad at haymon for expanding the sport back to free tv? Oscar is corrupt and short changes his f*ghters, but Haymon is the bad guy for getting f*ghters increased pay? When Arum doesn't do well with Ruiz, it's no problem. However when Haymon gets Ruiz the best deal possible for a title f*ght, IN AMERICA, then he's somehow sacrificing Andy? You are such a phony, a fake.

You literally compared Ruiz a dude looking to get a shot again, to Spence a world champion who won his belt by travelling out of the country to become the top guy in his division... you did that sh*t with a straight face like you had a point. No dumb dumb, Ruiz and Spence are not in the same situation, you didn't know that?

Mayweather, Spence, Broner... Haymon helping guys start their own promotional companies, while Canelo and Ryan mad at Oscar for a bullsh*t job, yet you fix your keyboard to bash Haymon?

A phony

A fake

... with no facts.
+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #69
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 chi town hustla said
I see u don't know that backstory on AL. That's why u talking all that bs lol. Google
clarence avant that's AL mentor and he considers AL his son. So AL got to be a stand up guy and his investors ain't never going to dry up because of Clarence connections. I'll give u a heads up off gp before u google.

IT's always them dudes with no clue that be agree at dudes in the know. It's pathetic man.
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #70
44wade 312 heat pts312
space
space
space
 stogz said
They don't ALL do the same thing. Another one of your non-factual based talking points.

Just admit you are a biased hater with no facts and then quit. You sound dumb. Al been in the game 20yrs , well before PBC and yet, your dumb claim is to say that he looks like he's getting f*ghters the bag right now??? Do you have any common sense? First of all, f*ghters want the bag. Second of all, like i said, he's been doing this before YOU knew he existed.

Part of a takeover by the networks? Again, another absolutely moronic, non-factual based talking point. Some people are just in a rush to display their sheer and utter ignorance. What networks are we talking about here? Showtime? A network that GBP and Arum were not even working with? NBC? A network that wasn't even in the boxing business. Fox & FS1? Two more networks that were not in the boxing business. Bounce? Another network not in the boxing business. Al actually INCREASED the boxing on television. Spike tv had shown boxing for a bit. Oscar went a found a network whose name i can't remember right now, that wasn't in the boxing business and put low level GBP f*ghts on there... all because Haymon's imagination opened up everyone's imagination. Arum abandoned his low level farm system f*ghts on ESPN to focus on higher profile f*ghts on HBO... and Haymon came in there and put high profile f*ghts on ESPN. Then Arum came back and was forced to put on his highest level talent on the ESPN network. Fury got that $100 million from Arum because of Haymon. CAnelo got his DAZN deal because of haymon. YOU need to thank him. So wtf are you talking about? Haymon left HBO, let Arum and Oscar have it to themselves, and THEY fuk'd it up. sh*t has nothing to do with Haymon. Do you even fu*king know what the work "monopoly" means?

DAZN has as many middleweights as PBC has welters, but that's not a monopoly according to you. Explain how Haymon has a monopoly over a worldwide sport? DAZN has 34 dates per year, PBC has 32 dates per year... Bob has ESPN... yet Haymon has a monopoly? Again, do you know what the word "monopoly" means?

King and Arum are the architects of taking boxing off free tv 35 years ago, yet you mad at haymon for expanding the sport back to free tv? Oscar is corrupt and short changes his f*ghters, but Haymon is the bad guy for getting f*ghters increased pay? When Arum doesn't do well with Ruiz, it's no problem. However when Haymon gets Ruiz the best deal possible for a title f*ght, IN AMERICA, then he's somehow sacrificing Andy? You are such a phony, a fake.

You literally compared Ruiz a dude looking to get a shot again, to Spence a world champion who won his belt by travelling out of the country to become the top guy in his division... you did that sh*t with a straight face like you had a point. No dumb dumb, Ruiz and Spence are not in the same situation, you didn't know that?

Mayweather, Spence, Broner... Haymon helping guys start their own promotional companies, while Canelo and Ryan mad at Oscar for a bullsh*t job, yet you fix your keyboard to bash Haymon?

A phony

... with no facts.
Ill respond with one quick point and then Ill go over more of your response a little later.

But you do know that it was reported that Haymon was given hundreds of millions in dollars for boxing promotion and i believe has been sued by his investors.

Which I can give two fu*ks about just as long as we get good boxing, but yall gotta stop with this fairy tale of aww shucks Al just wants the boys get their fair shake, and all that. He is a boxing promoter/manager/power broker. I can care less, but to me he isnt different than any other, and he right now has given from I read two big infusions of funds in the last decade. Again, to me, that looks like someone was doing a takeover, and chose Haymon and Schaeffer to head it up. Which is cool, But again, they are just boxing promoters, not Nobel Prize winners.

The mutual funds managed by Waddell & Reed that invested in Haymon:
Acquisition cost (initial value) of combined investment: $528,481,000
Value of combined investment as of September 30, 2015: $214,288,000
Value of combined investment as of December 31, 2015: $82,354,000
To date, the investment made into Media Group Holdings, Series H (which invested in Haymon Boxing) by the three Waddell & Reed funds (Ivy a*set Strategy, Ivy VIP a*set Strategy, Waddell & Reed Advisors a*set Strategy) has lost 84% of its value.

“The Waddell & Reed defendants did not invest upwards of a half a billion dollars as charity to bring free boxing to the public. The plan has always been to act ‘irrationally’ for several years, and then, once the defendants have achieved total control of both the managerial and promotion sides of the business, create a ‘league’ with no competition, where Haymon makes every major decision about every f*ghter — subject to the green light from the Waddell & Reed defendants.” Top Rank in their lawsuit against Haymon Holdings

Last edited by 44wade; 08-06-2019 at 08:48 PM..

2 weeks ago '07        #71
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 44wade said
Ill respond with one quick point and then Ill go over more of your response a little later.

But you do know that it was reported that Haymon was given hundreds of millions in dollars for boxing promotion and i believe has been sued by his investors.

Which I can give two fu*ks about just as long as we get good boxing, but yall gotta stop with this fairy tale of aww shucks Al just wants the boys get their fair shake, and all that. He is a boxing promoter/manager/power broker. I can care less, but to me he isnt different than any other, and he right now has given from I read two big infusions of funds in the last decade. Again, to me, that looks like someone was doing a takeover, and chose Haymon and Schaeffer to head it up. Which is cool, But again, they are just boxing promoters, not Nobel Prize winners.

The mutual funds managed by Waddell & Reed that invested in Haymon:
Acquisition cost (initial value) of combined investment: $528,481,000
Value of combined investment as of September 30, 2015: $214,288,000
Value of combined investment as of December 31, 2015: $82,354,000
To date, the investment made into Media Group Holdings, Series H (which invested in Haymon Boxing) by the three Waddell & Reed funds (Ivy a*set Strategy, Ivy VIP a*set Strategy, Waddell & Reed Advisors a*set Strategy) has lost 84% of its value.

“The Waddell & Reed defendants did not invest upwards of a half a billion dollars as charity to bring free boxing to the public. The plan has always been to act ‘irrationally’ for several years, and then, once the defendants have achieved total control of both the managerial and promotion sides of the business, create a ‘league’ with no competition, where Haymon makes every major decision about every f*ghter — subject to the green light from the Waddell & Reed defendants.” Top Rank in their lawsuit against Haymon Holdings

This isn't new to any of us. So what is it you are arguing? That you think that the investors didn't get their monies worth? You sure can't believe that he stole their money... because then it wouldn't be called an "investment".

ARuma nd GBP's lawsuit was unfounded and that's why nothing came of it. I actually covered it already in my post. Again, just own up to it... you are a biased hater with no foundation for your arguments.

You mad that he wanted to start a league? Is that the issue? LMAO.
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #72
44wade 312 heat pts312
space
space
space
 stogz said
This isn't new to any of us. So what is it you are arguing? That you think that the investors didn't get their monies worth? You sure can't believe that he stole their money... because then it wouldn't be called an "investment".

ARuma nd GBP's lawsuit was unfounded and that's why nothing came of it. I actually covered it already in my post. Again, just own up to it... you are a biased hater with no foundation for your arguments.
that wasnt Arums lawsuit, it was the suit of the investors who had lost money.

What am I arguing? I am arguing that boxing promoters are boxing promoters. Most of the people who are fans of a boxing promoter point to the fact that he is getting f*ghters money. And I am saying because he was given a large investment to take over boxing, or a huge chunk of it. So in the short term, they are overspending and making it look real good, but they are losing money, so when those investments wear off, its going to be Boxing Promotion 101 again.

Thats all. I dont have a favorite, and that is my point. That on this site is bash GBP, DLH, Canelo, Arum, Top Rank, etc... and the love fest for Haymon. When they are all just boxing promoters and I am a fan of none of them. I just want to see f*ghts, I dont drop Haymon smilies or DLH cross dress pics.

I dont care about A side B side, purse bids, or any politics of the sport. sh*t is crazy how into it some people are. I just want to see some good boxing. Im a casual like that.

2 weeks ago '07        #73
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 44wade said
that wasnt Arums lawsuit, it was the suit of the investors who had lost money.

What am I arguing? I am arguing that boxing promoters are boxing promoters. Most of the people who are fans of a boxing promoter point to the fact that he is getting f*ghters money. And I am saying because he was given a large investment to take over boxing, or a huge chunk of it. So in the short term, they are overspending and making it look real good, but they are losing money, so when those investments wear off, its going to be Boxing Promotion 101 again.

Thats all. I dont have a favorite, and that is my point. That on this site is bash GBP, DLH, Canelo, Arum, Top Rank, etc... and the love fest for Haymon. When they are all just boxing promoters and I am a fan of none of them. I just want to see f*ghts, I dont drop Haymon smilies or DLH cross dress pics.

I dont care about A side B side, purse bids, or any politics of the sport. sh*t is crazy how into it some people are. I just want to see some good boxing. Im a casual like that.
You are not arguing that "boxing promoters are boxing promoters". You are arguing that Haymon is a scum bag, and have no mention of anyone else. I as a huge fan of Dan Goosen. I am a huge fan of Lou Dibella. I used to love the old Main Events before Dan died. I love GYM, I love Interbox, and a host of others.

Again, what about Haymon before PBC? You have nothing to say about it. So he was fine back then? But not now? If reports are true, that infusion of money is gone, so... what now? The roster hasn't left yet. They all left GBP before there was any cash infusion though.

Also, how do you takeover boxing? He is trying to create something... he left the network that the promoter you defend did all his business with. So Haymon didn't try to take over the premier outlet in the sport. That's liek trying to takeover new york city, but not trying to fuk with manhattan... it makes no sense. Oscar got to keep all his f*ghters, Arum got to keep all his f*ghters, Hearn, warren, Yvonne Michel, Dibella, Larouche, SAuerland, Loeffler, DEguardia, etc, etc, etc... they ALL kept all they boxers. Yet, HAymon tried to take over boxing? Explain it. How exactly can everyone keep their free will, but be at risk of being taken over?

At least you admit that you are a casual and you don't care about sh*t. Not f*ghters' health and well being, not their rights... all you want is for your own personal satisfaction and you don't care about the participants in danger or about understanding he operation of the sport. You want to be totally ignorant, but also want to being able to voice your ignorant opinion and for some reason, being taken seriously as though there's merit.
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #74
44wade 312 heat pts312
space
space
space
 stogz said
You are not arguing that "boxing promoters are boxing promoters". You are arguing that Haymon is a scum bag, and have no mention of anyone else. I as a huge fan of Dan Goosen. I am a huge fan of Lou Dibella. I used to love the old Main Events before Dan died. I love GYM, I love Interbox, and a host of others.

Again, what about Haymon before PBC? You have nothing to say about it. So he was fine back then? But not now? If reports are true, that infusion of money is gone, so... what now? The roster hasn't left yet. They all left GBP before there was any cash infusion though.

Also, how do you takeover boxing? He is trying to create something... he left the network that the promoter you defend did all his business with. So Haymon didn't try to take over the premier outlet in the sport. That's liek trying to takeover new york city, but not trying to fuk with manhattan... it makes no sense. Oscar got to keep all his f*ghters, Arum got to keep all his f*ghters, Hearn, warren, Yvonne Michel, Dibella, Larouche, SAuerland, Loeffler, DEguardia, etc, etc, etc... they ALL kept all they boxers. Yet, HAymon tried to take over boxing? Explain it. How exactly can everyone keep their free will, but be at risk of being taken over?

At least you admit that you are a casual and you don't care about sh*t. Not f*ghters' health and well being, not their rights... all you want is for your own personal satisfaction and you don't care about the participants in danger or about understanding he operation of the sport. You want to be totally ignorant, but also want to being able to voice your ignorant opinion and for some reason, being taken seriously as though there's merit.
Im not the one that has let their bias cloud their opinion.

I have been pretty clear in my argument here, and Im pretty sure that today I am responding to your posts that were stating "why we hate DLH".

I am good at debating, I remember what I say, and I remember what you say. I never called anyone a scum bag. You did. You have attacked DLH personal life, while I have only spoken on boxing promotion. So you say where DLH has done this or that, and I responded that Haymon has done similar things imo. Ironically you mentioned poaching as one of DLH flaws, but the top draw in boxing was poached I believe. You will point to DLH personal life as a reason why this was not a big deal, even though, Floyd was already positioned as the top draw before any DLH personal news came to light.

If am I focusing just on Haymon as a rebuttal, its probably logically because this thread is inundated with references to Haymon "takeover". Which leads me to point out the takeover angle is not just me saying it, as it being referenced in this very thread by other people.

The only reason I am defending GBP, is because of the giddiness of posters here to post their Haymon smilies, and I believe one mentioned that a biopic of his would be epic. So, my entire POV, is that boxing promoters are boxing promoters, otherwise, I wouldnt be in this thread. Also, I am a*suming that you are saying that I believe Haymon was a scum bag, by saying he could end up like Don King. The point of me saying that was, its entirely possible that the longer this story goes, that after the competition has been weakened, and when Al is the clear and undisputed powerhouse, that then he could become the face of whats wrong with boxing and horror stories from disgruntled former boxers and employees. That is a possibility, is it not?

Anyways, I feel like you have let your position on this, make you a little irrational. You are going off topic, and attacking me personally. Its like I tell people, I seen Hagler vs Mugabi when it was reran on Saturday afternoon on ABC wide world of sports. I seen Hagler vs Leonard in 87, I seen Tyson Spinks, seen Tyson Douglas live on HBO, seen Chavez vs Sweet Pea. Olympics, f*ghts on the USA network on Wednesdsay then Thursday in the late 80s and 90s. So yeah, excuse me if I am ok with my opinions on boxing and dont really look here for validation. However, I like to debate.

2 weeks ago '05        #75
Hold That 118 heat pts118
space
space
$42,789 | Props total: 31329 31329
 soso24 said
The Al Haymon biopic gon be epic
Boxing is only the second half of his life. Man was in the entertainment business for years working with Eddie Murphy Michael Jackson Beyoncé to name a few
+1   

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+83online now  29
Tinashe lamenting her failed career
224 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+50online now  20
Houston Man Shoots Two Men For Catcalling His Girlfriend
139 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  15
Wesley Snipes will break silence on Blade triology drama rumors
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
AT&T Is Losing a TV Customer Every 10 Seconds & Comcast Loses 1.7 Subscribers ..
62 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy