Canelo Alvarez has hired independent to go over contract | Canelo vs Golden Boy

most viewed right now
+31  62
62 comments @sports

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX SportsCenter

2 weeks ago '08        #26
RustyLorcin 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,802 | Props total: 1139 1139
 ordoabchao said
True..... I guess we'll see exactly what he's really made of now. One thing's for sure: GB needs Canelo. Canelo doesn't need GB. Hopefully he realizes that and puts that final nail in Oscar's coffin.
The hate on Oscar is real here. Why do you guys hate him so much?

2 weeks ago '07        #27
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$48,711 | Props total: 64434 64434
LOL at dudes salty because they refuse to acknowledge the facts. Mad that others don't d*ck right a known cross dressing, alcohol abusing, drug addict with no business sense.

Keep crying
+7   

2 weeks ago '06        #28
soso24 76 heat pts76
space
space
$5,113 | Props total: 13354 13354
 44wade said
Or he could turn into Don King.
He got too many n*ggas cuttin for him... Black, Hispanic, & Euro
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #29
giovanni24 
space
space
space
$4,091 | Props total: 10782 10782
 RustyLorcin said
Yes that’s how I felt when I watched Castillo vs Floyd.

Perez vs Hooker.

Korobov vs Charlo.

I feel your pain.
To be fair Perez vs Hooker wasnt even close or competetive.
I remember the announcers saying yeah they think he wont get the win even though he is clearly winning.
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #30
space
space
space
 giovanni24 said
To be fair Perez vs Hooker wasnt even close or competetive.
I remember the announcers saying yeah they think he wont get the win even though he is clearly winning.
Yes. That’s straight up corruption which is a byproduct of Haymon and PBC.

Cats here hate on Oscar but Haymon is doing some serious damage to the sport and people’s lives. It’s basically a pick what side you’re on situation.

These people will talk about how Canelo gets gifts In f*ghts that are close and he walks down the other guy or knocks him down. (Obvious wins to me)

But look away at f*ghters like Hooker, Charlo, etc. To beat a PBC f*ghter if you don’t fit their bias you have to knock them out like Hooker got knocked out in his last f*ght.

Even their most famous non biased f*ghter was sent out to lose against Joshua on a short notice. The result of that f*ght was due to other factors. It definitely wasn’t good management or anything like that. A good manager doesn’t send someone they care about on short notice against a champion. He was obviously sent to lose and get that gwap but things were favorable for him that night.

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 08-06-2019 at 02:11 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #31
Tha TC 71 heat pts71
space
space
$9,540 | Props total: 15791 15791
 RustyLorcin said
Yes. That’s straight up corruption which is a byproduct of Haymon and PBC.

Cats here hate on Oscar but Haymon is doing some serious damage to the sport and people’s lives. It’s basically a pick what side you’re on situation.

These people will talk about how Canelo gets gifts In f*ghts that are close and he walks down the other guy or knocks him down. (Obvious wins to me)

But look away at f*ghters like Hooker, Charlo, etc. To beat a PBC f*ghter if you don’t fit their bias you have to knock them out like Hooker got knocked out in his last f*ght.

Even their most famous non biased f*ghter was sent out to lose against Joshua on a short notice. The result of that f*ght was due to other factors. It definitely wasn’t good management or anything like that. A good manager doesn’t send someone they care about on short notice against a champion. He was obviously sent to lose and get that gwap but things were favorable for him that night.
What pisses me off the most about the Andy Ruiz situation is this “He’s a sacrificial lamb” bullsh*t. Dig up my posts for a month before the f*ght I was saying Andy was probably going to beat his a*s.

And people dislike Oscar because he’s a fu*k up and doesn’t know how to control himself and his impulses.
+8   

2 weeks ago '08        #32
space
space
space
 Tha TC said
What pisses me off the most about the Andy Ruiz situation is this “He’s a sacrificial lamb” bullsh*t. Dig up my posts for a month before the f*ght I was saying Andy was probably going to beat his a*s.

And people dislike Oscar because he’s a fu*k up and doesn’t know how to control himself and his impulses.
I’ve been watching Ruiz since his f*ght with Tor Hammer. There was nothing he had that I thought could trouble Joshua besides his hand speed for 4 rounds. You could say he would beat his a*s, but that’s just speculation based on nothing of substance. Arms too short, fat, slow feet. excellent hand speed but let’s be real to bet on him beating Joshua was a long shot and a non intelligent bet. The bookies are better than us at this guessing game and the odds are usually set accordingly.

Oscar is just like anyone else. We are all fu*k ups and don’t control our impulses. Just go take a look around you and see the single baby mothers or dudes In Their second childhood. Hell go to the toth section here and I bet you’ll find a bunch of us co-signing the “yeah ill go raw, no pull out” on some IG wh*re (including me). Take a look around, being a fu*k up is the norm. So I have no issues with his personal way of life. It shouldn’t even matter tbh since he’s a promoter in one of the most corrupted industries in the world. I mean this is an industry where Don King was the man out of all people, a convicted murderer out of all things. So yeah we don’t need mother theresa, we need good f*ghts and Oscar gives them to us. Not those mismatches at PBC and Top Rank to a certain extent.

You guys hate him because of something else...

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 08-06-2019 at 02:36 AM..

2 weeks ago '15        #33
Destro 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,202 | Props total: 3236 3236
Honeymoon over
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #34
Tha TC 71 heat pts71
space
space
 RustyLorcin said
I’ve been watching Ruiz since his f*ght with Tor Hammer. There was nothing he had that I thought could trouble Joshua besides his hand speed for 4 rounds. You could say he would beat his a*s, but that’s just speculation based on nothing of substance. Arms too short, fat, slow feet. excellent hand speed but let’s be real to bet on him beating Joshua was a long shot and a non intelligent bet. The bookies are better than us at this guessing game and the odds are usually set accordingly.

Oscar is just like anyone else. We are all fu*k ups and don’t control our impulses. Just go take a look around you and see the single baby mothers or dudes In Their second childhood. Hell go to the toth section here and I bet you’ll find a bunch of us co-signing the “yeah ill go raw, no pull out” on some IG wh*re (including me). Take a look around, being a fu*k up is the norm. So I have no issues with his personal way of life. It shouldn’t even matter tbh since he’s a promoter in one of the most corrupted industries in the world. I mean this is an industry where Don King was the man out of all people, a convicted murderer out of all things. So yeah we don’t need mother theresa, we need good f*ghts and Oscar gives them to us. Not those mismatches at PBC and Top Rank to a certain extent.

You guys hate him because of something else...
Let’s just say when you mix his partying with business… it leads to the wrong perception from f*ghters, when you marginalize your business partners, when you find a way to nickel and dime pay your self off of your f*ghters and then give them crumbs… you know the saying what happens in the gym stays in the gym? Let’s just say my coach has flown via private plane to Oscars ranch in the valley I doubt our coach being the type of man he is, would let any of our teammates do long term exclusive business with him and they’ve had history since Oscar fought in the Olympics. As bad as I want to vent and let it all out I can’t and won’t

As far as the matchup… nah I watched video, and was actually with one of my trainers when he asked me what I thought. Andy’s hand speed is top notch for heavyweight, he can flat out box you can see Freddie Roach’s touch in his style. Big boy can move, honestly I think if big baby Miller wasn’t such a dumbass and would’ve remained clean and actually fought AJ he would’ve knocked his a*s out too. Andy barely lost to Parker only because he was gun shy/tentative. The worst thing to happen in that f*ght for Joshua was him knocking Andy down… from then on he knew he had nothing to lose, he managed to slip that counter behind AJ’s guard and it was a wrap. AJ backs straight up and not at an angle/direction to get out of the way, Andy cuts the ring off too well, and is too skilled of a counter puncher for someone like Joshua. Also Joshua’s muscle mass is too much, you and I both know it’s not conducive in boxing or any long burst cardio activity.

I’m not necessarily a fan boy of any platform but I’m not a fan of the pay for apps. sh*ts dumb as fu*k to me, I’m more a fan of f*ghters than “brands”
+6   

2 weeks ago '07        #35
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Tha TC said
Let’s just say when you mix his partying with business… it leads to the wrong perception from f*ghters, when you marginalize your business partners, when you find a way to nickel and dime pay your self off of your f*ghters and then give them crumbs… you know the saying what happens in the gym stays in the gym? Let’s just say my coach has flown via private plane to Oscars ranch in the valley I doubt our coach being the type of man he is, would let any of our teammates do long term exclusive business with him and they’ve had history since Oscar fought in the Olympics. As bad as I want to vent and let it all out I can’t and won’t

As far as the matchup… nah I watched video, and was actually with one of my trainers when he asked me what I thought. Andy’s hand speed is top notch for heavyweight, he can flat out box you can see Freddie Roach’s touch in his style. Big boy can move, honestly I think if big baby Miller wasn’t such a dumbass and would’ve remained clean and actually fought AJ he would’ve knocked his a*s out too. Andy barely lost to Parker only because he was gun shy/tentative. The worst thing to happen in that f*ght for Joshua was him knocking Andy down… from then on he knew he had nothing to lose, he managed to slip that counter behind AJ’s guard and it was a wrap. AJ backs straight up and not at an angle/direction to get out of the way, Andy cuts the ring off too well, and is too skilled of a counter puncher for someone like Joshua. Also Joshua’s muscle mass is too much, you and I both know it’s not conducive in boxing or any long burst cardio activity.

I’m not necessarily a fan boy of any platform but I’m not a fan of the pay for apps. sh*ts dumb as fu*k to me, I’m more a fan of f*ghters than “brands”

LOL. He said you picked Andy weeks in advance "based on nothing of substance". BX geniuses will argue any and everything they don't know sh*t about. It's hilarious and embarrassing at the same time. Then they have the nerve to get mad at YOU for some sh*t that they don't know.

I was dying at the thread dude made where he had no idea that Haymon was black. Then proceeded to get mad for several pages at everyone else because everyone bin knew haymon was black Bx man...
+6   

2 weeks ago '08        #36
space
space
space
 Tha TC said

Yes I understand he can box and I like him. But it’s obvious he has a bad work ethic and was at a disadvantage against Joshua. Specially on a short notice and not only physically but promotional as well. Also coming out of a recent f*ght. In the pro f*ghts that I have been (tape on hands instead of hand wrap with 8oz/10oz gloves II can’t feel my hands after the match up and sometimes can’t even bend my body properly for weeks. Can’t even sit down and sh*t in the toilet if it’s a kickboxing match. Also is extremely taxing on your nervous system and that takes a long time to heal. This is why short notice match ups are frown upon. Specially at the elite level when even a stiff euro (like the guy Andy fought before joshua) is throwing well placed bombs at you. And for the most part as a manager you’re sending your guy out to lose unless is a mismatch or the other guy is coming off a short notice match too.

It’s easy to say that we all knew he had skills, but when you look into it he hasn’t look very good against some of those stiff robots he has fought recently. Be honest and say even though he got skills, he was sent in to lose on 4 week notice and he got somewhat lucky and things went his way.

Im sorry but even though PBC sometimes gets lucky with a f*ghter that doesn’t f*ght their bias. I still think is somewhat of a sketchy operation. Lots of mismatches and favoritism there. He wouldn’t have never sent out Spence against canelo on a 4 week notice. That’s for sure.

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 08-06-2019 at 04:11 AM..

2 weeks ago '07        #37
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
 RustyLorcin said
Yes I understand he can box and I like him. But it’s obvious he has a bad work ethic and was at a disadvantage against Joshua. Specially on a short notice and not only physically but promotional as well. Also coming out of a recent f*ght. In the pro f*ghts that I have been (tape on hands instead of hand wrap with 8oz/10oz gloves II can’t feel my hands after the match up and sometimes can’t even bend my body properly for weeks. Can’t even sit down and sh*t in the toilet if it’s a kickboxing match. Also is extremely taxing on your nervous system and that takes a long time to heal. This is why short notice match ups are frown upon. Specially at the elite level when even a stiff euro (like the guy Andy fought before joshua) is throwing well placed bombs at you. And for the most part as a manager you’re sending your guy out to lose unless is a mismatch or the other guy is coming off a short notice match too.

It’s easy to say that we all knew he had skills, but when you look into it he hasn’t look very good against some of those stiff robots he has fought recently. Be honest and say even though he got skills, he was sent in to lose on 4 week notice and he got somewhat lucky and things went his way.

Im sorry but even though PBC sometimes gets lucky with a f*ghter that doesn’t f*ght their bias. I still think is somewhat of a sketchy operation. Lots of mismatches and favoritism there. He wouldn’t have never sent out Spence against canelo on a 4 week notice. That’s for sure.
Man your bias and hatred is sickening, see through and disingenuous.

You are not Andy and every situation is different. So just because you have physical issues, doesn't mean everyone does and the same way.

Dude told you he knew of Andy from in the the gym AND picked him beforehand and you still questioning him about it like it's hindsight. NO! It was NOT hindsight for him. It's hindsight for YOU.

Again, your blind hatred leading you to make uninformed judgments on things you know nothing about. Dudes have free will. Sometimes they want f*ghts no matter what. f*ghters have their own brains. Ortiz said he didn't want the f*ght under those circumstances, which made sense because he was already promised a title f*ght for similar money. It was his choice. No one held a gun to Andy's head and forced him, that's what YOU still don't understand. He WANTED the f*ght. So his team went out and negotiated the best deal for him so he could get what he wanted.

The same way Chavez Jr wanted to f*ght against Fonfara when people warned him not to. The same way Broner wanted Maidana when his team told him to take more tune-ups. The same way Mikey Garcia called out Spence repeatedly and his own people didn't want that f*ght for him.

You have an opinion of a dude that you probably didn't know when he got into the sport. Rarely see. Who doesn't do interviews.... but somehow you swear you know everything about him and that he's the one that's shady. However, if anyone speaks on the 40 yr track record of Arum. Or fishnets' track record, you so fu*king quick to disregard decades of evidence for some sh*t that you invented in your own head. You are like boxing's version of those tinfoil hat dudes. Was it you who said Haymon would turn into Don King? There's a long list of f*ghters who have spoken out against Don King. A whole lot of evidence. What i like to call "FACTS".

Bx....
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #38
DreDay17 
space
space
$1,516 | Props total: 331 331
I would question why Canelo wasn’t more involved in his own contract negotiations to begin with? A contract that big and you just let other people handle the details and you not following up to make sure that the terms are right ? At this point he really doesn’t need Golden Boy for promotion.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #39
nwking 87 heat pts87
space
space
$5,222 | Props total: 7501 7501
It was good just a week ago. I want to see GGG vs Canelo one more time. Canelo could join the Al Hayman team and still promote himself
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #40
Tha TC 71 heat pts71
space
space
 DreDay17 said
I would question why Canelo wasn’t more involved in his own contract negotiations to begin with? A contract that big and you just let other people handle the details and you not following up to make sure that the terms are right ? At this point he really doesn’t need Golden Boy for promotion.
Because Oscar stole him from his last promoter. He threw money and at him. Think about it other than JCC there is no other Mexican boxer alive who’s a bigger name other than Oscar (that obviously isn’t active). It’s part of the deceptiveness and disingenuousness of the whole situation. Y’all just wait… Canelo has been unhappy for some time he has an ego and is tired of Oscars bullsh*t
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #41
choppinggame 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 789 789
 Knucklez said
n*gga better stay his a*s over at goldenboy. They buying all his judges and letting him get Ws on f*ghts he shoulda took Ls
It's a bunch of big f*ghts Canelo can f*ght in the Middleweight division besides GGG.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #42
Prince Thizz 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,685 | Props total: 9164 9164
That n*gga Oscar back on that sh*t again

2 weeks ago '17        #43
ThewaveChild 
space
space
$242 | Props total: 666 666
 RustyLorcin said
Boxden hates f*g**ts

Last edited by ThewaveChild; 08-06-2019 at 07:59 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #44
Walmart 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,687 | Props total: 17651 17651
From what I understand, from another article I read, Canelo didn't want the Drevenchenko f*ght b/c he wanted to unify the belts at 160.

My only issue with that is the other belt holders at 160 are Andrade (which shouldn't be a hard f*ght to make since Canelo and Andrade both f*ght on DAZN) and Jermall Charlo, who is a PBC f*ghter and won't be the easiest to make a f*ght with.

I've never heard Canelo show any signs that he wanted to f*ght Andrade or Charlo, so I think his claims that he wanted to unify the belts at 160 seem suspect.

I think Canelo got his IBF belt stripped b/c he was in talks with Kovalev to f*ght him at Light Heavyweight (or a catch weight) or take another f*ght at 168 (like Canelo did vs Rocky Fielding. I'm sure the IBF could tell that Canelo didn't have any interest in f*ghting the mandatory any time soon.

If Canelo is really interested in unifying the division, he'll f*ght Andrade (for his WBO belt at 160) next and then the winner of GGG vs Drevenchenko (who are supposed to f*ght for the IBF belt they just stripped Canelo of).
+5   

2 weeks ago '10        #45
Walmart 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,687 | Props total: 17651 17651
 Knucklez said
n*gga better stay his a*s over at goldenboy. They buying all his judges and letting him get Ws on f*ghts he shoulda took Ls
Yep, one of the judges in the Canelo/Floyd f*ght scored it a draw

The judges gave Canelo a gift in his first f*ght with GGG too b/c by scoring it a draw.

Same with Lara vs Canelo (which I think Lara won).

There's no doubt in my mind that some of the judges in Canelo f*ghts are swayed to score the f*ght in his favor.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #46
ordoabchao 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$5,121 | Props total: 8338 8338
 RustyLorcin said
His most egregious errors, in my opinion:

(#1) Joining forces with Bob Arum in their bogus lawsuit of Al Haymon, instead of just reflecting on the mistakes he made that caused the downfall of his company. The racist bullsh*t that came out his/his teams mouth can't be forgotten.

(#2) Turning out Bernard Hopkins

In hindsight, I can't fault him for trying to make Canelo into who he was, just as he was groomed to replace Julio Caesar Chavez. Oscar was gifted decisions he didn't earn...Canelo's gifted decisions he doesn't earn. He's just following the blueprint he was taught.... They don't let you in when you go against the grain.

What defines the character of your manhood, much like a boxer, is how you respond to a punch, a knock down, defeat, failure. He didn't respond well to his own failure. Boxing politics aside, he hasn't learned, grown, or adapted to the game.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #47
Samich Eater 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,102 | Props total: 3833 3833
 stogz said
LOL at dudes salty because they refuse to acknowledge the facts. Mad that others don't d*ck right a known cross dressing, alcohol abusing, drug addict with no business sense.

Keep crying
Lol it's funny people throw allegations at Michael Jackson and don't mention the Golden Boy..
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #48
YAYO101 
space
space
$4,364 | Props total: 11779 11779
Damn! No surprise though, all these Promoters are Leeches! Follow Mayweather Blue Print, fu*k Signing with a Promoter long term use them f*ght by f*ght

2 weeks ago '14        #49
strungout 410 heat pts410
space
space
$37,201 | Props total: 92077 92077
goldenboy is done without canelo..

i mean they got lemeuix, Saddam ali, Ryan Garcia, jorge linares, Jamie munguia, Gary o'sullivan ,

but canelo is Bringing in the lions share of the money ...however he also has a big contract to fulfill with dazn and we dont know how much he has signed away to gb, so he might not have any grounds to leave

Last edited by strungout; 08-06-2019 at 09:55 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #50
Fameus 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,378 | Props total: 7092 7092
 Movadovato said
everytime i read DZNE i say Days inn

AL haymon is the Disney of boxing and will take over everything

How is that a good thing

Y'all really this geeked to endorse a monopoly

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  19
one punch man gameplay
53 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement I..
335 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  14
NBA 2K20 Demo
88 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  9
How to dress like Ghostface in Conditioning