let's keep it real platformers are the hardest video game genre of all time!

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX GameSpot

2 weeks ago '15        #26
jon0h 2 heat pts
space
space
$474 | Props total: 587 587
Came in here to debate but after reading your entire post...I got nothing...undebateable thread. Propped
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #27
YungAJ24 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,746 | Props total: 6625 6625
Sub Zero Mythologies was just a bad game fam, you don't have to throw that in there lol

2 weeks ago '11        #28
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,097 | Props total: 10473 10473
We need another shinobi game. The one for ps2 was really good
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #29
Daptism 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,334 | Props total: 29331 29331
Not even close, f*ghtin games are by far the hardest games you will ever. To be good and I mean actually good at a f*ghting game online is hard as fu*k.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #30
malcolm hoax 
space
space
$423 | Props total: 2220 2220
 knowie728 said
Ninja Turtles for NES ruined my childhood, one time i was playing that THAT DAMN WATER LEVEL, died for the 50th time in a row and hurled that big bulky wireless NES controller across the room, i literally felt the game was made specifically so I couldn’t beat it

Then I returned to TMNT my final semester of college and would play on my laptop during one of my lectures, got a well earned “C” in that course lol, and left with my degree, all while basking in the joy of finally beating my childhood demon...lol

blocked at the water level since i'm 4 lol i need to beat that sh*t
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #31
shady2624 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,430 | Props total: 247 247
 stutteringrap said
1. double dragon 3. anybody say they can beat that with one life is a lie
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #32
dubsax 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,951 | Props total: 31625 31625
 Madethagreat said
My friend Pedro is fu*king up being switch exclusive
that sh*t is so dope

2 weeks ago '05        #33
Scorpz 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,857 | Props total: 38676 38676
 The Gary Group said
Beat all the ones in bold

Wtf is the one in red

Is that Shinobi
Shiboi.. She-boy?

Is that like..
a young He-man.. but tucked in?

Last edited by Scorpz; 08-04-2019 at 12:21 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #34
dubsax 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,951 | Props total: 31625 31625
slapped for no Battletoads.
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #35
stutteringrap 135 heat pts135 OP
space
space
space
$9,787 | Props total: 12171 12171
 Hovi Bryant said
Sonic 1 isn't that hard

Platformers are hard as sh*t tho

I think the MegaMan franchise as a whole is unforgiving.

Ninja Gaiden is harder

Shinobi as well
watch below.

not to us old school fans and expert. but i play the first level and it alot harder as a adult then i thought. it looks easy. it's easy if you just run through the level. but if you master it. and get everything it's different.

these new youg kids and teens are disgusting. they are so lame. like they would not surivie playing our games.

2 weeks ago '17        #36
SPdaGOAT 42 heat pts42
space
space
$18,258 | Props total: 39010 39010
Best genre of games along with jrpgs metroidvanias and puzzle games
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #37
SPdaGOAT 42 heat pts42
space
space
$18,258 | Props total: 39010 39010
 Daptism said
Not even close, f*ghtin games are by far the hardest games you will ever. To be good and I mean actually good at a f*ghting game online is hard as fu*k.
You’re right but that’s playing another human aspect of it more than anything. Not to say f*ghting games don’t precise input and hours of playing to develop muscle memory.

2 weeks ago '17        #38
Naga Sadow 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,298 | Props total: 61474 61474
 realgunta said
^^agreed

i remember renting Mytholgies on N64 as a kid. It was very cool, but was extremely difficult for me. I couldnt even get past the 3rd stages and then ended up using cheat cods. Eventually i just figured it wasnt meant for kids and after the week was over i returned it.

In 2016 i looked it up on Youtube and watched a play through of it and noticed that YES, in many aspects its just a poorly designed game.
Two things k*lled it: the whole turn around mechanic and jumping from platform to platform.

2 weeks ago '18        #39
space
space
space
 blackninja said
Great observation. I beat most of them. I can't remember how hard Double Dragon 3 is. I know I just beat the one that is on the Switch with the cloud subscription.

Yeah, I heard "Cuphead" is hard AF. They recently dropped that for the Switch.
mega hard. watch below. picture this. you only get one life to beat a 8 levels. and boss take like half of your engery. like the final boss in dd2.

+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #40
space
space
space
 Sub Crazy said
You’re right. Platform games take mad skill. One false move means you fail and have to start over.

Mega Man is brutal. Mega Man 11 is in the top 5 hardest in the series. I am a huge Mega Man buff and even I got slaughtered by MM11 on normal. Torch Mans stage is insane.

Mega Man 8 is crazy too though.The hardest MM games are 7,8,9 and 11. The original is hard as fu*k too. The hardest boss is Wily Capsule in Mega Man 7. fu*k that sh*t.

Sonic 1 is not hard except for Scrap Brain and the fact you have to f*ght the final boss with zero rings. The game forces you to perfect the final boss. sh*t is insane.

Donkey Kong country 2 is insane your first time playing it. The only reason I’m good at it is because I played that game since 1998.

Ninja Gaiden for NES is fu*king ridiculous.

Mario is easy due to having flawless controls from jump street that improved with each successive installment.
yes. i just now realize you can stop time in mega man 11. i keep losing at the spike wall part. smgh.

2.so you saying you can beat super mario bros 1. with 3 lives 0 contuies. all 8 world no shortcuts?

mario 3.

world 8 is mega hard. so it world 6 ice world. and world 7.

Last edited by stutteringrap; 08-04-2019 at 12:52 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #41
Thegreatiandi 
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 8794 8794
 knowie728 said
Ninja Turtles for NES ruined my childhood, one time i was playing that THAT DAMN WATER LEVEL, died for the 50th time in a row and hurled that big bulky wireless NES controller across the room, i literally felt the game was made specifically so I couldn’t beat it

Then I returned to TMNT my final semester of college and would play on my laptop during one of my lectures, got a well earned “C” in that course lol, and left with my degree, all while basking in the joy of finally beating my childhood demon...lol

Get um, son!

I've still never beat TMNT. I've made it to Shredder a few times.... without the damn scrolls or Donatello.

It was all over but the shouting

2 weeks ago '12        #42
knowie728 1 heat pts
space
space
$560 | Props total: 929 929
[QUOTE=Thegreatiandi;50313472]
Get um, son!

I've still never beat TMNT. I've made it to Shredder a few times.... without the damn scrolls or Donatello.

It was all over but the shouting
[/QUOTE

Keep at it G, my next childhood NES mission to conquer is Double Dragon 3
🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #43
space
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
The only game to make me break a controller was Brave Fencer Musashi. I both loved and hated the game. My brother and I did beat Contra without the cheat codes and if you play Battletoads enough to memorize it then it's not that hard. MK Mythologies Sub Zero is hard because it's just a horribly designed game.
naw. mk sub zero. was just ultra hard. and the a.i. was worst than mk2 and mk ULIMTAE MK 3. CHEAPEST f*ghtING GAME OF ALL TIME BESIDES THE ETERNAL CHAMPIONS BOSS.

how hard was mk.

level 6 and up. the enemies knew your every move and counter it, then you still had to beat sub bossees too and they were mega hard you need like 4 life bars to even think about beating them.

level 6 had platforms where you lose instantly. and hammers in the middle of them that couls instant game over. with gurads throwing stuff at you.

level 7.dino boss,big mega guard boss were unbeatable without the codes,

level 2. wind stage was omg!

level 8. was unbeatable. the boss gurad had like 4 health bars. and was like a boss character in there own right. then you had to beat 3 sisters with were mega hard.

I MEAN they were lazy with it. but it still had smooth controls. not as good as mk2,3,4,triogly.

they worked it like mk 1 with combos.

2 weeks ago '18        #44
space
space
space
 abacabb said
I will say one underrated type of game is f*ghting games.
It is very difficult to be legit at different f*ghters.

The more serious you take it the more you realize how difficult it is (especially when you start learning about frames).

It might be my fav genre but im trash in most of them.
mk and karnvo revenge the arcade game taught me that real quick. if you ever get a arcade emulator for pc/mac and play arcade games again.

it would make cuphead look like a cake walk.

play karvo revenge aka f*ghter history and spend litterly 6 hours beating it with one character because i kept losing.

king of f*ghters 99 boss. omg!

mk2 boss and ultimate mk 3. lol

2 weeks ago '19        #45
hoesloveflaxsee 
space
space
$444 | Props total: 2513 2513
 blackninja said
If your name "HoesLoveFlaxseed?"
Oh sh*t yeah it's supposed to be I'm just now noticing it's cut off lol

2 weeks ago '05        #46
blackninja 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,159 | Props total: 11578 11578
 stutteringrap said
mega hard. watch below. picture this. you only get one life to beat a 8 levels. and boss take like half of your engery. like the final boss in dd2.

Damn! I am playing Double Dragon II on the Switch right now. I did not remember that about 3. I don't even think I bought it. Wow!

2 weeks ago '18        #47
space
space
space
 shady2624 said
those thangs are not real bro. that like 1% of the gaming community. they edit sh*t or they are teh one percent who are mega good at those games.

get a live playthrough with people talking and playing it. i guratte you they going lose alot.

2 weeks ago '05        #48
blackninja 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,159 | Props total: 11578 11578
 hoesloveflaxsee said
Oh sh*t yeah it's supposed to be I'm just now noticing it's cut off lol
Ha! What made you choose that?

2 weeks ago '18        #49
space
space
space
 blackninja said
Damn! I am playing Double Dragon II on the Switch right now. I did not remember that about 3. I don't even think I bought it. Wow!

question. be honest dd2 is ultra hard too. are you good at platformers.

3. is it me. or was anybody scared as hell of the game over music.

dd2 game over music scared me so much as a child i through it out the window.

and everytime i am on my last life. i turn the music or speakers down.

still scared of that and refused to listen to it.

soundtrack was the best. but the music was scary to alot of the songs.nes music is just

Last edited by stutteringrap; 08-04-2019 at 01:04 PM..

2 weeks ago '18        #50
space
space
space
 blackninja said

how far are you able to get with dd2. because last time i play it in 2011. i was in columbus geogia and i was terrible at it. had to use cheat codes to beat it.

or 9 lives

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+51online now  45
Video inside Producer Bryan Michael Cox "Jay-Z Told Jermaine Dupri Not To Work With ..
121 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  42
Article inside Rihanna BLASTS Jay Z Over His New NFL Deal - 'Wrong' & 'Shady!'
273 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+76online now  27
Image(s) inside Styles P Says "I Quit Rap..."