Rumor: BMW to Axe Several Models Including 8 Series and Z4

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Whips 'n Stereos

3 weeks ago '04        #1
1377 page views
37 comments

JayR04 130 heat pts130
space
space
$12,054 | Props total: 9736 9736
Rumor: BMW to Axe Several Models Including 8 Series and Z4

It looks like the numbers being crunched up by the accountants in Munich are not really adding up to much. According to a new report from Automobile Magazine, several BMW models will be getting axed in the future, to make sure the company remains profitable on the long run. The report says the financial side of things is not exactly smooth and that certain cuts are necessary in order to make sure the BMW brand remains relevant in 10 years time.

Even though right now BMW is profitable, things are changing and the resources needed to develop new solutions are going to eat away at the profitability of the company. The stocks have already suffered quite a hit in the last four years, prices dropping from $137 to $73 right now, a 47 percent decrease. That’s huge and things are going to look even worse if the looming trade war between the US and the rest of the world actually kicks off.

Thus, according to Automobile Magazine, some tough decisions have been made. Apart from the already announced departures of the 2 Series Convertible, 3 Series GT and 2 Series Gran Tourer models, BMW is rumored to cut models other models such as: the Z4, standard 7 Series (not the long wheelbase one) and both 2-door 8 Series versions (Coupe and Convertible). Out of these models mentioned, we’re inclined to agree with the Z4 and 7 Series LWB a*sessments, but remain reserved on the 8 Series prediction. The rumor mill around Munich churned out recently that BMW was even looking at potential electric 8 Series down the road and a coupe EV will always be quite attractive for the high-end segment.

Automobile Mag further adds that only the 8 Series Gran Coupe is to survive the model cuts.

With the 8 Series just hitting the market, we’re still far away from a final decision, especially considering that a new CEO will take the reins next month.

There are more changes coming too, as the X8 has apparently been green lit but not as a Coupe version of the X7. According to the same report, the X8 will be available only in M Performance and M guises and will have a hybrid powertrain in the X8 M version with an electric range of up to 60 miles. That’s very interesting news and a hint at what could come next for upcoming M cars.
visit this link https://www.bmwblog.com/2 .. series-and-z4/
+2   

best
worst
37 comments

3 weeks ago '17        #2
justin747 50 heat pts50
space
space
$14,518 | Props total: 73155 73155
Cancel all these sh*ts so I don't have to listen to weirdos call it the "ultimate driving machine."

Most overrated car manufacturer on the planet and their fanbase is full of weirdos who don't use blinkers.
+6   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #3
Rich130 187 heat pts187
space
space
$4,243 | Props total: 12461 12461
 justin747 said

Most overrated car manufacturer on the planet and their fanbase is full of weirdos who don't use blinkers.

Last edited by Rich130; 08-03-2019 at 05:13 PM..
+8   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
justin747 50 heat pts50
space
space
 Rich130 said
I'll gladly take the slaps. fu*k BMW. Overrated garbage

Even if the cars were great (which they ain't), I'd never buy one cause I wouldn't wanna be a*sociated with all the sh*t heads who drive em and don't use blinkers.

And I won't even start on those repair costs for basic sh*t after a couple years. Ultimate Driving Machine tho...

2 weeks ago '15        #5
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
$18,492 | Props total: 45452 45452
C8 came through and crushed the buildings.

+14   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
arms 26 heat pts26
space
space
$1,648 | Props total: 7318 7318
Idk why they'd cut the 8 series. I've legit seen more 8's the past couple months than 2019 3's and 5's.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #7
Rich130 187 heat pts187
space
space
$4,243 | Props total: 12461 12461
 justin747 said
I'll gladly take the slaps. fu*k BMW. Overrated garbage

Even if the cars were great (which they ain't), I'd never buy one cause I wouldn't wanna be a*sociated with all the sh*t heads who drive em and don't use blinkers.

And I won't even start on those repair costs for basic sh*t after a couple years. Ultimate Driving Machine tho...

Go finish filing your nails

2 weeks ago '17        #8
justin747 50 heat pts50
space
space
 Rich130 said
Go finish filing your nails

Filing nails?

2 weeks ago '17        #9
justin747 50 heat pts50
space
space
 ChoAssUp said

Not without a manual. And what's up with that long goofy row of buttons?

2 weeks ago '15        #10
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
 justin747 said
Not without a manual. And what's up with that long goofy row of buttons?

Only about 12 percent of C7s were sold with the 7spd manual. They will do just fine. Nothing wrong with the row of buttons. Helped keep the cabin simple and sensibly ergonomic. Chevy made n*ggas go back and rewrite their verses.

+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
justin747 50 heat pts50
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
Only about 12 percent of C7s were sold with the 7spd manual. They will do just fine. Nothing wrong with the row of buttons. Helped keep the cabin simple and sensibly ergonomic. Chevy made n*ggas go back and rewrite their verses.

Sounds like 12% real n*ggas and a bunch of pussies who can't drive a stick.

The car is cool, but yall overhyping like a MFer. The base model that's "$60K" ain't gonna look like your pic. That row of buttons is trash and it looks like the steering wheel partially blocks the touch screen

Also I have a Chevy right now. They don't provide nearly the service of other car manufacturers. Just cause this car is cheap don't mean it's gonna be all great. Their sh*tty service is what's gonna keep the C8 from threatening the competition.

Make them show and prove before you break out the pom poms

2 weeks ago '15        #12
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
 justin747 said
Sounds like 12% real n*ggas and a bunch of pussies who can't drive a stick.

The car is cool, but yall overhyping like a MFer. The base model that's "$60K" ain't gonna look like your pic. That row of buttons is trash and it looks like the steering wheel partially blocks the touch screen

Also I have a Chevy right now. They don't provide nearly the service of other car manufacturers. Just cause this car is cheap don't mean it's gonna be all great. Their sh*tty service is what's gonna keep the C8 from threatening the competition.

Make them show and prove before you break out the pom poms
Again, Chevy made n*ggas go back to the drawing board. Whether or not you like the buttons and the 8 speed dual clutch, the car is a game changer and a slap in the face of all that overpriced bullsh*t.
Where else you gonna get a car that fast, mid engined at such a low price?
Nowhere, thats where.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #13
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
Also, I think Dodge is in the best position of all. They went back to their 60s and 70s roots and don't have to compete with anyone.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
justin747 50 heat pts50
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
Again, Chevy made n*ggas go back to the drawing board. Whether or not you like the buttons and the 8 speed dual clutch, the car is a game changer and a slap in the face of all that overpriced bullsh*t.
Nowhere, thats where.
You'll see. Just wait....

It's not Apples to Apples like you think. It's a reason it's cheaper. They don't offer nearly the services as other manufacturers. Those other mid engine car makers treat their customers like royalty. You ain't gonna get anything like that for this Vette

And if this bi*ch has ANY problems....

2 weeks ago '15        #15
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
 justin747 said
You'll see. Just wait....

It's not Apples to Apples like you think. It's a reason it's cheaper. They don't offer nearly the services as other manufacturers. Those other mid engine car makers treat their customers like royalty. You ain't gonna get anything like that for this Vette

And if this bi*ch has ANY problems....
alright you got it

2 weeks ago '06        #16
Be Easy 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 8014 8014
 ChoAssUp said
Nowhere, thats where.
all that sh*t is correct but its funny that youre using a 60k car to describe how cars are overpriced

in reality no car should cost 60k

more than anything all car companies been taking hits financially on useless cars
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #17
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Be Easy said
all that sh*t is correct but its funny that youre using a 60k car to describe how cars are overpriced

in reality no car should cost 60k

more than anything all car companies been taking hits financially on useless cars
How though, I'm talking about a 60k Corvette not a 60k Camry.

The Corvette is the biggest slap in the face to every manufacturer in the sports/supercar market and now that I think of it, every other market too.

FCA been k*lling it with their lineup the last 10 years as well. 700hp car for a fraction of what a Porsche or Ferrari costs

You're right about cars overall becoming too expensive still.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #18
Be Easy 3 heat pts
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
How though, I'm talking about a 60k Corvette not a 60k Camry.

The Corvette is the biggest slap in the face to every manufacturer in the sports/supercar market and now that I think of it, every other market too.

FCA been k*lling it with their lineup the last 10 years as well. 700hp car for a fraction of what a Porsche or Ferrari costs

You're right about cars overall becoming too expensive still.
n*ggas buying the equivalent of chuck taylors from gucci for $800

chucks can be had on sale for $30

the types to buy those other cars will continue buying the bullsh*t

i wanna see the vette in person, im sure my dad will get one
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #19
BOLO1 4 heat pts
space
space
$279 | Props total: 952 952
Shizer euroträsh kraüt cars are shizer

2 weeks ago '15        #20
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Be Easy said
n*ggas buying the equivalent of chuck taylors from gucci for $800

chucks can be had on sale for $30

the types to buy those other cars will continue buying the bullsh*t

i wanna see the vette in person, im sure my dad will get one
When he gets it, post it!!
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #21
Be Easy 3 heat pts
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
When he gets it, post it!!
i will if he does
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #22
NYNY 
space
space
$3,194 | Props total: 6511 6511
BMW still doing it big in eu tho they just can’t crack North America
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #23
Blunted Sultan 6 heat pts
space
space
$925 | Props total: 2773 2773
 ChoAssUp said

ferrari clone piece of crap gonna sit on the showroom floors too

2 weeks ago '16        #24
Blunted Sultan 6 heat pts
space
space
$925 | Props total: 2773 2773
rumors are just rumors

z4 aint going nowhere, especially the 8 series

2 weeks ago '15        #25
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Adamus said
ferrari clone piece of crap gonna sit on the showroom floors too
Yeah alright lol

We'll just have to see then I guess.

I'm not suggesting that people who usually buy expensive European sh*tboxes are going to cross shop with this car, however, this car is about to apply pressure like never before. The price point is hard to beat and its making automakers take a hard look in the mirror plair.

The Supra (a Z4), just came out and is already obsolete because of the C8. As well as the new GT500 that ain't even drop yet. If they are smart they'll take OT Genasis and Young Dolph's advice. Get that hate out ya heart pair.

Last edited by ChoAssUp; 08-04-2019 at 12:18 PM..

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+53online now  34
New little brother album at midnight!
109 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+29online now  31
Image(s) inside “my uber driver said michael jackson robbed him”
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  22
AT&T Is Losing a TV Customer Every 10 Seconds & Comcast Loses 1.7 Subscribers ..
73 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+65online now  11
Image(s) inside FOX News At It Again...
61 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy