Just thought about it, but Captain Marvel invalidates the whole MCU timeline

most viewed right now
+38  111
34 comments @movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The TV/Movie Spot

2 weeks ago '18        #51
The3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,794 | Props total: 3350 3350
 ruddiger said
The only good Marvel movie to date was Blade, and they even want to go and ruin that by making a PG-13 remake.
Spider-man 2 and Logan???

2 weeks ago '16        #52
Frankie Needles 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
space
$3,033 | Props total: 14079 14079
 AnyGiven said
1. Nick Fury is a spy so he's going to lie

2. By the time battle of NY was here he created the Avengers Initiative. No need for Captain Marvel. His whole goal was to find more people like Captain Marvel

3. Captain Marvel was off world saving lives
1. You forget Tony decrypted all of Shields files to find every dirty little secret they had, so there's no way he didn't uncover that tadbit about Carol Danvers, IF it existed, which it didn't

2. He created the Avengers Initiative like 30 years before the battle of new york, and even if he was trying to covertly get it off the ground, he still had or knew of all of the people he wanted to use BEFORE the battle. He didn't need the battle or threat to draw them out.
Also if you're building a team of "super people " why don't you start with the strongest being you know? It's the most basic thing even in pick up basketball you pick or go after the BEST person you can.

3. She clearly said only use the pager in case of Emergency so the Tesseract, the thing that gave her those powers getting stolen by a hostile alien demigod and an army from space should count as an emergency. Even if she was off on other worlds that clearly counts as an Emergency.

Same sh*t with the Insight carriers. She'd have cleaned that whole sh*t up in 2
5 min and she could be trusted. And again k*lling a couple hundred million people i think classifies as an Emergency

Again the whole timeline works until she pops up.
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #53
MD20 
space
space
space
$1,874 | Props total: 1617 1617
 bigshock said
Bruh we all know the reason she got a movie was because Wonder Woman made a billy at the box office. I mean just look at her scenes in end game. They were clearly shoe horned in. If I remember right, she shot the end game scenes before a single scene of her movie was made.

+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #54
MD20 
space
space
space
$1,874 | Props total: 1617 1617
 Dmv1989 said
Nah I knew endgame would be about tony and strange, she did her part and bought tony enough time to come to grips wit what he needed to do. I’m sure there’s plenty of other scenarios and timelines strange saw where she fu*ks thanos up but they lose.

I def thought they was gonna tie in endgame to her solo film tho, smh. Her sh*t was like a phase 2 movie to me. Not mad I watched it but wouldn’t watch it again, her second joint got potential imo.
The endgame tie-in helped CM make a lot a money and other promotions going on.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #55
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,785 | Props total: 67 67
 sammcc30 said
Or Ironman died because RDJ decided to move on so yes he did have to die, im sure it was meant to be emotional but so are comics. I get it we all loved RDJ as Ironman but they have to move on from the same characters. We watched these characters evolve over 22 films!! Im sure Marvel wants to see what other characters can stick but its hard to do that if they keep all the originals around forever.
Ironman died because the Russo’s thought Endgame needed a big death scene. & having Ironman die would be poetic since he kickstarted the whole MCU.

I feel like they are going to push female leads in the future... & at some point introduce RiRi as Ironheart. I wouldn’t doubt they’d switched it up & go with Shuri, since she used similar repulsors (they’ll take credit for the foreshadowing)... nothing wrong with female leads, but a chunk of the fandom didn’t grow up on these characters & pushing this agenda might end up being cringe-worthy... did anyone ask for Lady Thor?!
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #56
styxz 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,553 | Props total: 1316 1316
Same thing happened with Homecoming.

Wtf is up with this site and the CM hate

You can't even have a reasonable discussion about the flaws in the film because it's too many of you sucka a*s incels on here on some woman-hating bs. TF type of men we raising out here
+3   

2 weeks ago '09        #57
sammcc30 
space
space
$2,416 | Props total: 2722 2722
 minnesota763 said
Ironman died because the Russo’s thought Endgame needed a big death scene. & having Ironman die would be poetic since he kickstarted the whole MCU.

I feel like they are going to push female leads in the future... & at some point introduce RiRi as Ironheart. I wouldn’t doubt they’d switched it up & go with Shuri, since she used similar repulsors (they’ll take credit for the foreshadowing)... nothing wrong with female leads, but a chunk of the fandom didn’t grow up on these characters & pushing this agenda might end up being cringe-worthy... did anyone ask for Lady Thor?!
Crowd seemed excited for Lady Thor, not to mention they may just be trying to break a little ground and do something different. Like you said nothing wrong with female leads, if you are a true comic fan then you did grow up with all the characters not just the male lead characters. And why not introduce characters that people dont know or aren't completely familiar with to see what works and what doesn't.

The only phase 4 female lead is Black Widow and shes dead soooo thats doesn't really count, Wandavision which will be a lead in to her playing second fiddle to Dr. Strange, seems like they are still running with the male lead with a hint of female.

2 weeks ago '08        #58
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,518 | Props total: 576 576
 Frankie Needles said
1. You forget Tony decrypted all of Shields files to find every dirty little secret they had, so there's no way he didn't uncover that tadbit about Carol Danvers, IF it existed, which it didn't

2. He created the Avengers Initiative like 30 years before the battle of new york, and even if he was trying to covertly get it off the ground, he still had or knew of all of the people he wanted to use BEFORE the battle. He didn't need the battle or threat to draw them out.
Also if you're building a team of "super people " why don't you start with the strongest being you know? It's the most basic thing even in pick up basketball you pick or go after the BEST person you can.

3. She clearly said only use the pager in case of Emergency so the Tesseract, the thing that gave her those powers getting stolen by a hostile alien demigod and an army from space should count as an emergency. Even if she was off on other worlds that clearly counts as an Emergency.

Same sh*t with the Insight carriers. She'd have cleaned that whole sh*t up in 2
5 min and she could be trusted. And again k*lling a couple hundred million people i think classifies as an Emergency

Again the whole timeline works until she pops up.
1. Who is to say he didn't keep all that info to himself? He is a spy. He literally lied to probably the only person he trusted at the time about how he lost his eye. We only saw him type up his draft of the Avengers Initiative. All of that info wasn't in Shields database.

2. Again he already had a team of super powered individuals. If he called Captain Marvel then what was the whole point of the Avengers Initiative if he's gonna call her every 5 seconds a bad guy appears?

3. Whole time he believed his team could handle it. He had an insanely strong guy, a god of thunder, a literal war machine, and the best leader who also is a super soldier. I think there good. The lives she is saving were just as equal as the ones on Earth. He even had his best spy integrate the god of mischief with no problem lol
+4   

2 weeks ago '11        #59
Donthate707 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,135 | Props total: 1163 1163
I mean I get OPs point but if you really trying to be critical they missing the whole X-Men in this bi*ch lol

2 weeks ago '19        #60
16z 
space
space
space
$576 | Props total: 1684 1684
She addressed this in endgame “thousands of planets to watch over” she’s not earths avenger. She belongs to the universe
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #61
Dilated 
space
space
$116 | Props total: 138 138
 SimpinAintEz said
Didn’t Rocket give her sh*t about having time to cut her hair and she responded with some bullsh*t about having other places to save that didn’t have the Avengers to help them? I think that was thrown out there to pacify questions such as the one you asked.
Wasn't Rocket, it was earlier when she was talking sh*t and War Machine shut her a*s down.

Personally I watched Captain Marvel for the de-aged Sam Jackson, the homie Ben Mendelsohn and the 90s nostalgia. Enjoyed it for what it was.

2 weeks ago '13        #62
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
$17,295 | Props total: 27467 27467
 Dilated said
Wasn't Rocket, it was earlier when she was talking sh*t and War Machine shut her a*s down.

Personally I watched Captain Marvel for the de-aged Sam Jackson, the homie Ben Mendelsohn and the 90s nostalgia. Enjoyed it for what it was.
That Rocket scene I described definitely did happen, as well as the one you’re referencing with War Machine. The War Machine scene happeneded when she first being introduced to the team (no haircut). Rocket’s scene is well after she’d been introduced (haircut).

2 weeks ago '04        #63
octane 
space
space
$5,329 | Props total: 3183 3183
So an imaginary thing is invalidating a fake thing? So big foot cancels out unicorns and keeping pigs from flying.

2 weeks ago '13        #64
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,961 | Props total: 5140 5140
Still haven't and never plan on watching that movie

2 weeks ago '04        #65
cold_young_thug 50 heat pts50
space
space
$11,344 | Props total: 4915 4915
 Frankie Needles said
This might have been talked about before, but Captain Marvel essentail invalidates and fu*ks up the MCU

Think about it...so Fury met her in the 90s...so his speech in the first Avengers the one in the lab where everyone was, and he said that thor's f*ght with the destroyer was when they learned that they weren't alone and "hoplessly hilariously outgunned" was bullsh*t, they knew for like 30 years that there were aliens that could burn the place down...

Then why wouldn't Fury call her in when the tessarct got taken? or once he knew Loki was trying to open a portal why not use the pager?

Also it fu*ks up The Winter Solider....because if Fury didn't know who on earth to trust, you'd think he'd figure he could hit her up since she's off in space and no way she's working with Hydra

Maybe you dont' call her in for Ultron (maybe)

But in Infinity war the second the aliens show up, you'd think Fury would call in someone with some experience dealing with fu*king aliens or outter space...

The MCU worked perfect for me until she showed up...not only does her story make everything that happened meaningless...she's way over fu*king powered.
It's like the Superman problem with DC, she's literally blowing up space ships single handedly and eating the same punches from thanos that're throwing Thor thru rocks and that give the Hulk PTSD...

Ehh...it is what it is...i guess
They answered this in the first 10 minutes of Endgame. Where she point blank says your Earth isjust one little planet, I'm watching and guarding and kicking a*s on multiple planets, and they all sit there and go, "oh yeah, right." The end.

They actually made her under powered how Thanos got the upper hand without even being fully powered. Scartlett really kicked his a*s the most in the movie.

2 weeks ago '07        #66
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,027 | Props total: 4000 4000
Captain Marvel in general is a flawed and broken character. She is too over powered and has a trash personality in the movies. They tried to hard to push feminism without subtly. Wonder Woman was an example of how empower a female character the right way
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #67
quan3106 107 heat pts107
space
space
$14,252 | Props total: 30220 30220
Just watched..it was an ending...it was also not great..like I feel nothing

2 weeks ago '12        #68
ezduzit 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,933 | Props total: 9685 9685
 sammcc30 said
Crowd seemed excited for Lady Thor, not to mention they may just be trying to break a little ground and do something different. Like you said nothing wrong with female leads, if you are a true comic fan then you did grow up with all the characters not just the male lead characters. And why not introduce characters that people dont know or aren't completely familiar with to see what works and what doesn't.

The only phase 4 female lead is Black Widow and shes dead soooo thats doesn't really count, Wandavision which will be a lead in to her playing second fiddle to Dr. Strange, seems like they are still running with the male lead with a hint of female.
comic con crowds will scream for ANYthing

2 weeks ago '09        #69
sammcc30 
space
space
$2,416 | Props total: 2722 2722
 ezduzit said
comic con crowds will scream for ANYthing
They buy tickets just like everybody else...

2 weeks ago '16        #70
Frankie Needles 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
space
$3,033 | Props total: 14079 14079
 minnesota763 said
the MCU wasn’t as planned out as everybody thinks it was, but the Russo brothers still get praised for it...
Maybe, but she's the only thing that throws the whole thing off. Everyone else no matter how wack, rushed, corny, or different from cannon still works in the collective MCU, the story around her really derails the ENTIRE thing.
Even the fu*king rat randomly reactivating the Quantam tunnel bringing back, as dumb and random as it was, plays better than the whole Captain Marvel story line.

2 weeks ago '18        #71
set117 
space
space
$534 | Props total: 1252 1252
 DonYBE said
I look at that scene in Endgame and I see 8 thugs behe*d a disabled man cooking some soup.

Savages

Bruh

6 days ago '16        #72
mallavetti 
space
space
space
$374 | Props total: 77 77

4 days ago '05        #73
Gully Reloaded 
space
space
$1,497 | Props total: 2870 2870
 DonYBE said
I look at that scene in Endgame and I see 8 thugs behe*d a disabled man cooking some soup.

Savages

Crash into my dude's farm and jumped him, k*lled him in cold blood. All cause they were still salty they lost.

Made me sick.
+1   

4 days ago '06        #74
DonYBE 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,971 | Props total: 6750 6750
 Gully Reloaded said

Crash into my dude's farm and jumped him, k*lled him in cold blood. All cause they were still salty they lost.

Made me sick.
Facts

I forgot to say that they amputated his arm too.

When Thanos told them that he destroyed the stones, they should have left it at that. He was not a threat anymore, but them righteous THUGS couldn’t leave him alone.

All lead by that thot Captain Marvel.

Bruh

+1   

4 days ago '15        #75
gemini8686 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$2,851 | Props total: 8293 8293
Yooooo ppl are sheep AF. Build it up and now when it’s at its peak, try to tear it down. Y’all weird
+1   

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  34
Image(s) inside Aug 16 - Florida Woman Put On Probation For Having That Snapper In The..
30 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+155online now  31
OT Michelle Beadle Let Go At Espn
145 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+57online now  26
Video inside Producer Bryan Michael Cox "Jay-Z Told Jermaine Dupri Not To Work With ..
134 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+34online now  20
Video inside Philly Police caught spray painting fake blood on them??
84 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy