Understanding the Rolex Submariner

most viewed right now
22 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Tech

3 weeks ago '18        #26
BlaqThum 
space
space
$419 | Props total: 2022 2022
 Taste Maker said
jomashop
Whatís that?

3 weeks ago '13        #27
jjwms33 
space
space
space
$428 | Props total: 1272 1272
 Hector said
Tudor is the way to go if youíre in the market for a nice Rolex but donít really want to spend Rolex money
100..same factory, same people, same materials for the most part
+1   

3 weeks ago '12        #28
Taste Maker 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,843 | Props total: 713 713
 BlaqThum said
Whatís that?
google it. it is where most watch collectors buy their watches. A day date 40 from Rolex store is 34k plus tax ends up close to 40k

that's because authorized rolex dealers in the US all agree to sell at MSRP and if they do give discount its very small

authorized rolex dealers in other countries don't have to sell at msrp

Jomashop buys wholesale in another country and sells new in the US.

its a loophole, so you get the day date 40 for 28k no tax

the only downside rolex will only honor the warranty if you send in for service from the country it was purchased from

joma gives you their own warranty and if it does break, which never happens, they will send it back for you
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #29
strat 
space
space
space
$799 | Props total: 1074 1074
 one il matt 56 said
IWC and panarai
IWC I agree with. Panerai is like Hublot doesn't have the same history as IWC, AP, Patek, VC, and Zenith etc. But agree Rolex is overrated.
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #30
one il matt 56 9 heat pts
space
space
$823 | Props total: 5363 5363
 eazyvaboy said
I f*ck with Hamiltons. Bought this brand new in 2013 for about 6. Now, brand new ones are in the 8s. It's a nice quality Swiss watch with sweeping second hand.

Also, there is this watch maker out of Detroit called Shinola that I'm about to start f*ckin with.

Yo, shinolas are CRACK

+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #31
MACADEMICS 22 heat pts22
space
space
$6,464 | Props total: 5657 5657
I really like the GMT, love Grand Seiko watches too.
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #32
Harasnart 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,989 | Props total: 10295 10295
 Teddy KGB said
Nah, B. Those will never replace Rolex as the standard. Panerai makes nice watches though. I’d rock those.
agreed except for panerai makes sh*t watches. b class.

IWC are the rolex of rich people... they like it more than rolex imo. Most rich people i know bought a rolex first, then transitioned to IWC. I guess it's because rolex' are so common. Everyone i know has one.

3 weeks ago '18        #33
BlaqThum 
space
space
$419 | Props total: 2022 2022
 Taste Maker said
google it. it is where most watch collectors buy their watches. A day date 40 from Rolex store is 34k plus tax ends up close to 40k

that's because authorized rolex dealers in the US all agree to sell at MSRP and if they do give discount its very small

authorized rolex dealers in other countries don't have to sell at msrp

Jomashop buys wholesale in another country and sells new in the US.

its a loophole, so you get the day date 40 for 28k no tax

the only downside rolex will only honor the warranty if you send in for service from the country it was purchased from

joma gives you their own warranty and if it does break, which never happens, they will send it back for you
Good looking bro

3 weeks ago '15        #34
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,331 | Props total: 53328 53328
 Harasnart said

IWC are the rolex of rich people... they like it more than rolex imo. Most rich people i know bought a rolex first, then transitioned to IWC. I guess it's because rolex' are so common. Everyone i know has one.
I'm familiar with IWC, but I don't think I'd really say they are the "Rolex of rich people." Rolex is the Rolex of rich people, because rich people still rock Rolex heavily. IWC has watches with greater complications when you start getting towards the real high end of either watchmakers, and therefore a higher price tag, but on the regular and mid-range models, I'd say Rolex is more expensive. You can get into an IWC at a lower price, but their expensive stuff has a higher ceiling. Both very different philosophies in design as well... Rolex being tougher and more durable, and IWC being "prettier".
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #35
240sx 
space
space
$5,435 | Props total: 2892 2892
Wearing a watch now a days is useless , kind of like a gold plated beeper...

3 weeks ago '05        #36
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,035 | Props total: 11110 11110
 eazyvaboy said
I f*ck with Hamiltons. Bought this brand new in 2013 for about 6. Now, brand new ones are in the 8s. It's a nice quality Swiss watch with sweeping second hand.

Also, there is this watch maker out of Detroit called Shinola that I'm about to start f*ckin with.

Shinolaís overpriced like a motherfu*ker. Relying on marketing for subpar Swiss watches with no automatic options at all.
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #37
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,035 | Props total: 11110 11110
 Broseph Stalin said
part of my 5 year plan is copping a sky dweller, Yacht Master, Sky King Or submariner before closing in on that future crib
Why not the crib first again?
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #38
Stormtrooper 2 heat pts
space
space
$908 | Props total: 288 288
 Thierry Henry said
Tudor is from the same parent company that owns Rolex too right?
The Rolex company owns the Tudor brand. Tudor is basically the inexpensive version of a rolex. Tudor use 3-rd party parts in their watches, Is it a good watch no ..its a great watch, but it is not a rolex
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #39
Stormtrooper 2 heat pts
space
space
 Harasnart said

You crazy Paneri makes fire watches.. The have a real legacy, the watches are damn strong and the hold value. The just don't make their movements in house

3 weeks ago '04        #40
Stormtrooper 2 heat pts
space
space
 Thierry Henry said
Tudor is from the same parent company that owns Rolex too right?
It is a sub-brand of Rolex, solo owned by the Rolex company. It was created to be a cheaper version of the most popular Rolex watch.

3 weeks ago '15        #41
micropave 2286 heat pts2286
space
space
$9,140 | Props total: 72837 72837
 Stormtrooper said
The Rolex company owns the Tudor brand. Tudor is basically the inexpensive version of a rolex. Tudor use 3-rd party parts in their watches, Is it a good watch no ..its a great watch, but it is not a rolex
The new Tudor watches are 100 percent in house, black bay 58 for example

3 weeks ago '15        #42
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
 micropave said
I'm not talking about vintage I'm talking current, go try and find anything sports at an AD now... You're out the loop
Perhaps, I am out of the loop. I bought my GMT almost 10 years ago and havenít really looked into it that much since then.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #43
Stormtrooper 2 heat pts
space
space
 micropave said
The new Tudor watches are 100 percent in house, black bay 58 for example
Bruuhhhh it is still not as good as The Rolex.. same reason why Audi wont make the VW better than any Audi car. Legacy means something, Its not a bad watch at all but the Rolex is just a better brand
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #44
space
space
 Stormtrooper said
Bruuhhhh it is still not as good as The Rolex.. same reason why Audi wont make the VW better than any Audi car. Legacy means something, Its not a bad watch at all but the Rolex is just a better brand
Not arguing that, but good luck getting the Rolex you want right now... Uniless you wanna pay over retail in a Rolex bubble.

3 weeks ago '07        #45
key2007 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,269 | Props total: 1717 1717
Got a yachtmaster with rhodium dial 2 months ago. Great everyday watch.
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #46
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
 240sx said
Wearing a watch now a days is useless , kind of like a gold plated beeper...
People say this, but they are always the ones with their phones in their pockets asking me what time it is.
+5   

3 weeks ago '05        #47
MP 62 heat pts62
space
space
$27,165 | Props total: 11188 11188
One day ill get a two tone datejust
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #48
StillFree28 45 heat pts45
space
space
$22,738 | Props total: 9027 9027
 Hector said
Tudor is the way to go if youíre in the market for a nice Rolex but donít really want to spend Rolex money
Tudor never should've stopped making their Submariner. Thought it was coming back, but they fu*ked it all away at this year's Baselworld.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #49
space
space
 MP said
One day ill get a two tone datejust
Fantastic choice sir
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #50
LYTE 184 heat pts184
space
space
space
$16,761 | Props total: 10636 10636
I've been thinking of coping a Rolex for a few years because they hold decent value.

I know someone who be getting Rolexes/APs(not so much the AP) how they get them.

I was wondering how can buying a black market joint come back to bite me in the a*s???(Pause)

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  12
Thugga Said He Would Have Been Killed Lucci If It Wasn't For His Mom and Kids
197 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+83online now  12
Tinashe lamenting her failed career
226 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
AT&T Is Losing a TV Customer Every 10 Seconds & Comcast Loses 1.7 Subscribers ..
65 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+50online now  4
Houston Man Shoots Two Men For Catcalling His Girlfriend
140 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy