Jul 25 - New Trend: NYPD Officers Getting Assaulted and Harrassed With Buckets of Water

most viewed right now
+22  97
41 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Daily Bugle

4 weeks ago '16        #1
1695 page views
63 comments

Southpaw 1617 heat pts1617
space
space
$12,055 | Props total: 52314 52314
Jul 25 - New Trend: NYPD Officers Getting a*saulted and Harrassed With Buckets of Water

In what has emerged as one of the least predictable trends of the summer, police officers in New York City have been getting doused with buckets of water while on the beat. This has happened on three occasions over the span of just a few days, each case captured on video — expressions either of impish seasonal boredom or deeper, more meaningful antagonisms.

The scenes read almost as slapstick: In the videos, the police are shown going about their business, in one instance making an arrest, and then suddenly someone approaches and the drenching begins.

Perhaps because we are supposed to have entered a new era of more compassionate and connected policing, or perhaps because it has been hot and the water might not have been entirely unwelcome, the officers involved responded calmly to these incursions. There were no signs of retaliation or anger. In one shot, two cops just keep walking as they get increasingly soaked.
In a certain version of these events, senior law enforcers might have praised this equanimity, given how hard the Police Department has worked to rebuild trust in the communities it alienated during the long period when officers stopped and frisked young black and Latino men as if it were an addiction.
Dousing of Officers Fans Debate on Police Restraint: ‘We Don’t Take That.’

“Have you ever had a personal issue, like if you had an ailment you had to go see a doctor? You always go see the same doctor,” Rodney Harrison, chief of patrol said. “Well, it’s kind of the same thing now.”

But the notion that you might move on after getting water poured over your head was not met warmly. Speaking to a group of officers at an awards ceremony on Tuesday, Terence Monahan, who is the top uniformed official in the police department, addressed the subject. “Any cop who thinks that that’s all right, that they can walk away from something like that,” he said, “maybe should reconsider whether or not this is the profession for them.’’ The audience applauded.
The bucket incidents are surprisingly complicated. On the one hand they represent untenable displays of disrespect; at the same time no one victimized by them was seriously harmed. At the core, they reveal the considerable tensions in a criminal justice system transitioning from a history in which police and prosecutorial authority too often went unquestioned to a future in which reform has brought new demands for forgiveness and bonding.

By Wednesday three men had been arrested in conjunction with the incidents. One of them, Courtney Thompson, was charged with obstructing government administration, disorderly conduct and harassment. African-American business and political leaders as well as former mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Vice President Mike Pence have condemned the dousings.

But while few would argue that throwing water at a police officer is something that should pass without consequence, the reality is that Mr. Thompson is currently facing more severe punishment than Daniel Pantaleo, the police officer whose chokehold resulted in the death of Eric Garner five years ago.

Earlier this month, the Justice Department decided not to bring federal civil rights charges against Mr. Pantaleo in the case, sparking a fresh round of protests and reflection. Why was he still on the force? Why hadn’t Mayor Bill de Blasio fired him? The city maintains that it is not up to the mayor, that its charter authorizes only the police commissioner to fire an officer — a position that ignores hundreds of years of management history in which bosses push subordinates to get rid of people all the time.

The Police Department in turn is waiting for a recommendation of what to do, not from an independent investigator but from its deputy commissioner of trials, who adjudicates these kinds of disciplinary cases.

best
worst
63 comments

4 weeks ago '16        #2
Southpaw 1617 heat pts1617 OP
space
space

POS should resign

4 weeks ago '16        #3
space
space

Which one of you is it this time?

@

@

@

@
@

@

MENTION=3451]madness

@
@

@ .
@

@

@ @

@
@
@
@RIP4SB

@ @ @

@

@

@
@
@

@

@

@ @

@ @
@ @
@

@ @ @ @* @ @
@ @ @ @

@

@
@
@
@
@
@

@
@

@
@

@
@ @

@

@

@

@

@

@
@

@
@

@Agentzer0oo0
@
@ @Shalom

@

@
@
@
@
@iacstone
@
@

@
@

@
@
@

@

@
@

@
@

@
@

@

@

@

@
@

@
@
@

@
@
@
@
@

@
@

@

@
@

@

@yawD

@

@
@

@
@

@

@

4 weeks ago '11        #4
Sin 2211 heat pts2211
space
space
$32,981 | Props total: 102146 102146
Victim mentality they threw water at them and I couldn't beat them up

why didn't the cops attempt to arrest them?

Last edited by Sin; 07-25-2019 at 06:50 PM..
+20   

4 weeks ago '16        #5
space
space
 Sin said
Victim mentality they through water at me and I couldn't beat them up

why didn't the cops attempt to arrest them?

Guess they got your friends f*g**t.

Im sure one of the reasons they didnt arrest because theyd either have all those thugs there try and gang up and f*ght the police and destroy their vehicles, if not there would be a protest the next day to "Release those wonderful, young up and coming successful men who were only trying to provide a good deed and cool off the cops"

4 weeks ago '11        #6
Sin 2211 heat pts2211
space
space
 Southpaw said

Im sure one of the reasons they didnt arrest because theyd either have all those thugs there try and gang up and f*ght the police and destroy their vehicles, if not there would be a protest the next day to "Release those wonderful, young up and coming successful men who were only trying to provide a good deed and cool off the cops"
I okay computer gangster

I thought you could have a civilized conversation but I guessed wrong
+11   

4 weeks ago '16        #7
space
space
 Sin said
I okay computer gangster

I thought you could have a civilized conversation but I guessed wrong
Do you see your response to this thread dummy?

First thing you say is Victim Mentality?

shut up bozo

4 weeks ago '11        #8
Sin 2211 heat pts2211
space
space
 Southpaw said

shut up bozo
you made a thread looking for sympathy for police that got wet as if they didn't sign up for a hazardous job

and then went on a profanity and steroetypical laced rant on how they're my thug friends

I really just want to know why they didn't arrest on the spot
+9   

4 weeks ago '19        #9
Joey Gladstonee 
space
space
$39 | Props total: 84 84
Cut it out! In my neighborhood he would have been shot!

+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #10
Dnyce215 
space
space
$545 | Props total: 1488 1488
 Sin said
you made a thread looking for sympathy for police that got wet as if they didn't sign up for a hazardous job

and then went on a profanity and steroetypical laced rant on how they're my thug friends

I really just want to know why they didn't arrest on the spot
He can't answer because cops do things after the crime happens. They don't prevent crime
+3   

4 weeks ago '11        #11
Sin 2211 heat pts2211
space
space
 Dnyce215 said
He can't answer because cops do things after the crime happens. They don't prevent crime
These two cops were in arms reach of the kid and didn’t even attempt to make an arrest and this would be a non story

4 weeks ago '17        #12
Lazy 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,824 | Props total: 9739 9739
 Southpaw said

shut up bozo
Triggered
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #13
Bunkavell 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,667 | Props total: 5652 5652
sh*t I'm just trying to figure out how they have all them buckets of water just hanging around

4 weeks ago '05        #14
tokinjohn 3030 heat pts3030
space
space
$19,005 | Props total: 94992 94992
fu*k you @me for?

This thread been made already a couple of days ago

I'll leave what I left in that thread

fu*king NYPD getting cooled down on a hot day and they upset

The fu*king nerve

them and this thread

@southpaw for bringing me here
+12   

4 weeks ago '17        #15
Naga Sadow 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,335 | Props total: 61641 61641
They spray us with bullets and they only get sprayed with water. If you want to go after the real cop k*llers go after right wing terrorists.

+6   

4 weeks ago '11        #16
SomeOnesoN 223 heat pts223
space
space
$19,189 | Props total: 8755 8755
 Southpaw said

Boo fu*king who, it's just water.

Now, you deserve to get hot oil splashed on your face, f*g**t. Maybe then you'd have a justifiable reason to cry about it, bi*ch.
+6   

4 weeks ago '15        #17
ThE ELohiM 15 heat pts15
space
space
$762 | Props total: 1250 1250
Brownsville stand up!

Numbers 24:7-9
[7]He shall pour the water out of his buckets, and his seed shall be in many waters, and his king shall be higher than Agag, and his kingdom shall be exalted.
[8]God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.
[9]He couched, he lay down as a lion, and as a great lion: who shall stir him up? Blessed is he that blesseth thee, and cursed is he that curseth thee.

4 weeks ago '15        #18
ThE ELohiM 15 heat pts15
space
space
$762 | Props total: 1250 1250
All you fu*ks that were crying over n*ggaz getting murdered by cops are now wanting the cops to k*ll n*ggaz for giving them a well needed bath, hahahaha, then they use some retarded a*s Asians to get washed Hahahaha

Psalms 108:9
"Moab is my washpot"

You God dam hypocrites with your fake outrage, the news used simple media magic to control your thoughts, hahahaha non of you edomites care about us, nor do you great uncle Tom's,
And the upcoming race war shall prove me right.
You Tom's are going be the first to get it, Nat Turner style hahahahaha JK, lol.

Last edited by ThE ELohiM; 07-25-2019 at 11:02 PM..
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #19
mlbnba2016 242 heat pts242
space
space
space
$11,938 | Props total: 39197 39197
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #20
SFamilyRep 21 heat pts21
space
space
$6,091 | Props total: 29547 29547
 SomeOnesoN said
Boo fu*king who, it's just water.

Now, you deserve to get hot oil splashed on your face, f*g**t. Maybe then you'd have a justifiable reason to cry about it, bi*ch.
@ doesn’t wash his a*s. He’d side with cops shooting a black dude because they sneezed
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #21
TheLastNonEarth 127 heat pts127
space
space
$10,616 | Props total: 57545 57545
85,000 cases of misconduct and we're talking about water??

+15   

4 weeks ago '13        #22
Big Smoke FLA 
space
space
$5,279 | Props total: 21315 21315
 Southpaw said

Shut your fat pu**y a*s the fu*k up and lose some weight...fat racist bi*ch
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #23
TheLastNonEarth 127 heat pts127
space
space
$10,616 | Props total: 57545 57545

The 'water a*sasins' are dumb asf. They gave leo the best PR that even money couldn't buy....

If you're not biased, ask yourself:

How many allegations of raping a cop are there? You think cops are getting a*saulted every night? Of course not. Civilians don't have the power to victimize police. The water incident was isolated.

Last edited by TheLastNonEarth; 07-25-2019 at 11:38 PM..
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #24
Wavie Crockett 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,400 | Props total: 3989 3989
Glad they got one of those fu*king animals locked up, how they find the rest of those punk a*s thugs. I'm so ashamed of this man, I guess this is Black excellence? n*ggas gotta do better but they won't. Bet the BX Panthers gunna come in here whining and crying like they always do, can't make sh*t up about these n*ggas on here, you would think it's a movie. I wouldn't be mad at all if these Officers tazed or did whatever wit these n*ggas, hope the CO's p*ss in they food trays.

4 weeks ago '18        #25
Deeznutz1981 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 3520 3520
The cops should have shot the guy

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  42
Is Jayz a sell out yes or no?
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+152online now  41
NFL Shannon Sharpe is the only person I agree with about this cap, jay z, NFL ..
114 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  40
Satanist In The Suburbs (Vice Series)
67 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+63online now  19
New little brother album at midnight!