Student Loan Debt MELTDOWN

most viewed right now
37 comments @movies
most viewed right now
15 comments @wild'ish

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Just Wild Ish

2 months ago '18        #51
g lobo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,348 | Props total: 6420 6420
 Lord Funkington said
You heard it here folks grab your boot straps . This goof troop motherfu*ker is gonna show us how to be successful like him.

We’re listening princess
Of course you’d expect me to tell you how to fix your own life

Where they do that at

2 months ago '04        #52
Kliq 402 heat pts402
space
space
$13,025 | Props total: 50976 50976
 Thanos said
Man, I went in with wanting to do Criminal Justice then switched it to Sports Management....I work in a field that has ZERO to do with it smh

After that first year I was so into the partying with my friends and girls and all that sh*t that I just kept signing my life away, went to a private school too so they were taxing

Ain't letting my kids make the same mistakes, if I have any
so now what? you got a job right? or are you unemployed?

did you graduate?

sorry if you already answered these questions - but if you didn't graduate, that should be your first priority.

unless you're a good self-learner, then you better get your a*s over to Codecademy and start learning how to code

2 months ago '04        #53
Kliq 402 heat pts402
space
space
 jsmooth-117 said
The thing that baffles me most about student loans is the government knows this is a growing issue, what’s the breaking point?

When is enough, enough? That is the most disturbing part to me.

I’m not suggesting that no one should pay student loans, but there’s evidence to support that our economy would astronomically improve if people weren’t saddled with insurmountable debt. Yet, no relief is offered.
very few politicians wanna address this situation now, i think most prefer to keep pushing it off until its no longer their problem
+1   

2 months ago '18        #54
g lobo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,348 | Props total: 6420 6420
 Lord Funkington said
I have 0 student loan debt though..
Silver spoon then got it

2 months ago '15        #55
naledgestate 
space
space
$860 | Props total: 4970 4970
In b4 n*ggas start saying "you knew what you signed up for" type sh*t.

I still owe 45k and i fully intend on paying every last penny, but any concerned citizen has to realize that this will eventually cripple all the potential of this great country. sh*t... it already is.

I would like to get a house but im putting it off until i knock off 20k off my loans. Thats missed stimulus for the economy.

How is it that in the 80s you could walk into any state university and come out debt free?

Its not so much the student loans than it is the cost of education.
+5   

2 months ago '16        #56
Humblegold 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,110 | Props total: 5717 5717
But yea I have like $20,000 in student debt, I got it from the government under Obama's low fixed interest rate...

I missed one month's of payment, after my mother passed - had to pay for her cremation and a*sociated fees, etc. i was on sabbatical from work and under the impression that because it was from the government it wasn't going to hurt my credit like missing your Amex bill because it wasnt private funds. But the service provider ed financial works with the credit scorers...

I only have to make one payment per month but because my student loans where under 4 installments (each installment per semester at state university) (i paid cash for community college), it counted as 4 missed payments...

My 750 credit score dropped 200 points. 3 months later, i'm back to 600, but accruing more debt to credit card interest as my credit line shrunk by like half and I can't balance transfer anything good.

I got a $270 student loan payment due in 3 weeks... i get it now!
+4   

2 months ago '06        #57
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,086 | Props total: 3885 3885
 jsmooth-117 said
The thing that baffles me most about student loans is the government knows this is a growing issue, what’s the breaking point?

When is enough, enough? That is the most disturbing part to me.

I’m not suggesting that no one should pay student loans, but there’s evidence to support that our economy would astronomically improve if people weren’t saddled with insurmountable debt. Yet, no relief is offered.
sh*t doesn't even affect your credit score as much as before. I know this because I've bought 2 houses in the 10 years I've been out... self employed (wife working) .. I got more flack for being self employed then having medical or school loans.

sh*t will have to end up like the housing crisis for the gov to do anything imo.

Last edited by xastey; 06-25-2019 at 02:34 PM..

2 months ago '16        #58
Knucklez 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,192 | Props total: 25791 25791
i guess theres big money money in setting up a student loan company
+5   

2 months ago '16        #59
fam 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,353 | Props total: 3430 3430
 Kliq said
what you major in?

honestly, it doesnt even matter, but im just curious

i half-assed college, partied my a*s off, started running out of time and ended up picking criminal justice because it was the easiest path to graduation

graduated, never once used my actual major. i ended up going into the technology field

i dont even list my major on my resume, i just list the college i graduated from

use your degree to get into the door, the rest is up to you playa

lemme know if you need some help with job searching, i was in your position after i graduated too and now i'm doing pretty damn good

takes patience, hang in there
i do the same sh*t

i majored in healthcare administration and now work at a media company
+2   

2 months ago '04        #60
jsmooth-117 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$14,835 | Props total: 19450 19450
 Kliq said
very few politicians wanna address this situation now, i think most prefer to keep pushing it off until its no longer their problem
It’s everyones problem as far as I’m concerned. The American economy affects, everyone .

2 months ago '04        #61
Kliq 402 heat pts402
space
space
 g lobo said
Silver spoon then got it
not neccessarily

i would have graduated from undergrad with ZERO dollars in debt as well, but i ended up deciding to stay an extra year so I had to take out some minor loanos

5 years of college and I only owed less than $10,000

i was a D1 athlete though, got my college taken care of AND they paid me $5,000/semester on top of that

not everyone is forced to take out crippling student loans

dumbass kids who decide to go to an out-of-state college to major in basket-weaving get no sympathy from me.

gotta play the game smart

if you dont know what you wanna do right after highschool but know you wanna go to college, then start with community college. nothing wrong with that strategy, but i know a lot of young people look down on that path
+2   

2 months ago '08        #62
ralo 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6773 6773
fu*k college

Go to a trade school

Learn electrical, plumbing Ac/heating or carpentry

Get a CDL drive trucks. Make close to 100k a year with no student debt

Or go major in Eastern European history rack up 100k debt then go become a public school teacher for 30k

The choice is yours

*Note I sell bricks and none of this applies to me*
+3   

2 months ago '04        #63
Kliq 402 heat pts402
space
space
 fam said
i do the same sh*t

i majored in healthcare administration and now work at a media company
gotta learn how to finesse the game

2 months ago '15        #64
naledgestate 
space
space
$860 | Props total: 4970 4970
 xastey said
Nothing is going to happen until people just say fu*k it and stop even carrying about paying the loans. sh*t doesn't even affect your credit score as much as before. I know this because I've bought 2 houses in the 10 years I've been out... self employed (wife working) .. I got more flack for being self employed then having medical or school loans.

sh*t will have to end up like the housing crisis for the gov to do anything imo.
I dont know about that fam.

My credit score was in the 500s when i missed payments.

Two years later, my sh*t is just broke 700.

Those loans can ruin you.
+2   

2 months ago '19        #65
16z 
space
space
space
$611 | Props total: 1820 1820
Don’t go to college just to go, know what you’re doing. If that calls for taking some years off we’ll better then being in debt for no damn reason

2 months ago '06        #66
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
 Humblegold said
But yea I have like $20,000 in student debt, I got it from the government under Obama's low fixed interest rate...

I missed one month's of payment, after my mother passed - had to pay for her cremation and a*sociated fees, etc. i was on sabbatical from work and under the impression that because it was from the government it wasn't going to hurt my credit like missing your Amex bill because it wasnt private funds. But the service provider ed financial works with the credit scorers...

I only have to make one payment per month but because my student loans where under 4 installments (each installment per semester at state university) (i paid cash for community college), it counted as 4 missed payments...

My 750 credit score dropped 200 points. 3 months later, i'm back to 600, but accruing more debt to credit card interest as my credit line shrunk by like half and I can't balance transfer anything good.

I got a $270 student loan payment due in 3 weeks... i get it now!

How is this even possible man.. I havn't paid on mines for almost 2 years.. sh*t has been sent to collection a few times.. I keep on getting mail to increase my credit amount for my cards.. balance transfers as well.. credit is around 740-750 as well.

All I have to say that is fu*ked up. Was this the only line of credit you had? I have a sh*t ton so I guess it balanced it out, dunno.

2 months ago '19        #67
Dickhead 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,387 | Props total: 3554 3554
 g lobo said
Hey if I want to sell cocaine or join the marines at 17 and I end up dead or w ptsd no one gives a fu*k

Just cause u picked the safer stupid decision doesn’t mean you are immune from consequence. Figure it out (you won’t cause you’re finnancially retarded)

Plenty of people with 250k in debt paid it off. They strive to be doctors and sh*t. Your dumb a*s was bad w money at 17 and bad w money now so u can un fu*k the mess u made.

No one feels bad for you so you better strap up your boots and learn how money works
Youre not as smart as you think you are. I can tell because either you didnt even read my post but responded anyway, or you didnt understand it. I dont have any financial problems. I have 25k in savings and make 80k a year. I didnt take loans at 17 because I didnt know what I wanted to do and Im smart so I was able to get a decent job out of high school. I went back later when I knew what I wanted. I could pay off my loans this year if I wanted to wipe out my emergency savings and live frugally for the whole year. I dont though, so itll take me another 3 or 4 years. Not a big deal at all.

Not everyone has a 150IQ though, nor should they be expected to.

The military is a fine option by the way. You trade your health or maybe even life for opportunity that other people with your means do not get. Old people cant be soldiers, its sad but we need young people to do that, so it is what it is. And based on all the charity done on behalf of vets, it seems like a lot of people care.

But youre such a smart and jaded badass, you already knew all that, right?

People like you fascinate me (youre a dime a dozen, by the way). Just smart enough to know youre smart and think you dont need to listen to other people to learn sh*t, but not smart enough to figure things out on your own. And the result is you end up knowing less than people who are less intelligent than you, because at least they listen to other people. And then nobody ever wants to hear what you have to say and it makes you angry, so you end up walking around dumb and angry thinking youre smart, which makes others want you around even less.

Youd fit right in over at 4chan.

Last edited by Dickhead; 06-25-2019 at 02:59 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '15        #68
RicanLurka 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,435 | Props total: 5058 5058
Blame your fu*king parents and yourselves, fellow Millennials.

No one said to use those student loans like a blank check and feel entitled to make $100k out the gate. For immigrants from Europe, China and Asia with Visas can come in and take your high paying jobs. Since y'all too good for the lower and middle end jobs, illegal immigrants from South America, Africa and Asia took them sh*ts too. Now y'all fu*ked. We all in this bi*ch together. You gotta analyze the game and get in where you fit it or create your own lane.

Don't expect everyone to be upper middle class or rich just because ya took LOANS to go to college.

+1   

2 months ago '15        #69
Lord Funkington 
space
space
$2,525 | Props total: 3222 3222
 g lobo said
Of course you’d expect me to tell you how to fix your own life

Where they do that at
I don’t need help I was being facetious dummy

2 months ago '18        #70
Thanos 2 heat pts
space
space
$965 | Props total: 1537 1537
 Kliq said
so now what? you got a job right? or are you unemployed?

did you graduate?

sorry if you already answered these questions - but if you didn't graduate, that should be your first priority.

unless you're a good self-learner, then you better get your a*s over to Codecademy and start learning how to code
Na never graduated, 15 credits shy but couldn’t get anymore loans or grants...come from a fam with bad credit

Also since the school was private they wouldn’t transfer all my credits so if I went somewhere else I’d be like a sophomore

Yeah I have a non profit job now, heard that can help me with loans

2 months ago '16        #71
Humblegold 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,110 | Props total: 5717 5717
 Kliq said
not neccessarily

i would have graduated from undergrad with ZERO dollars in debt as well, but i ended up deciding to stay an extra year so I had to take out some minor loanos

5 years of college and I only owed less than $10,000

i was a D1 athlete though, got my college taken care of AND they paid me $5,000/semester on top of that

not everyone is forced to take out crippling student loans

dumbass kids who decide to go to an out-of-state college to major in basket-weaving get no sympathy from me.

gotta play the game smart

if you dont know what you wanna do right after highschool but know you wanna go to college, then start with community college. nothing wrong with that strategy, but i know a lot of young people look down on that path
Sometimes its cheaper to pay out of state tuition, like if you from California, going to school in Arizona is cheaper.

But then those out of state kids drive up housing rates. Flagstaff is expensive as hell now because all the California kids that go to Northern Arizona University. My girl banked good though, bought a cabin a decade ago and flipped it a little over a year ago. Turned $200,000 into $500,000...

2 months ago '06        #72
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
 naledgestate said
I dont know about that fam.

My credit score was in the 500s when i missed payments.

Two years later, my sh*t is just broke 700.

Those loans can ruin you.
I guess.. as I said in my other reply.. I havn't paid this one loan in almost 2 years.. but I have a lot of credit open and a long credit history. I wonder if that made a difference.. I'm a older head so I have a mortgage on it, and you know all the sh*t that goes with it (credit at furniture stores and other appliances places) .

Now when I was starting off yeah that sh*t wrecked me, but they did pass a new law/change a few years back that weighs medical and student loans different. sh*t is mad confusing in any case. Glad you got your sh*t back up fam.

2 months ago '15        #73
Preacher Mane 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 34663 34663
 59fifty said
Dog they hitting me for 15% of my check each week
Fam you need to get that settled. When they started taking my income tax, I said fu*k that and started taking it serious.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #74
Yanga 
space
space
space
$3,425 | Props total: 3057 3057
It's all a game you just need to know how to play it, but majority of people don't.

If you're already in a student loan debt hole that has no end in sight, just keep going back to school every other 6 - 8 months. Just take any type of class especially considering we have online classes now. Do that until you die Od extreme but at least they won't be able to r*pe you for the next 15 - 20 years.

That's just one loophole and there's plenty more. Community college for 2 years with transferable credits is another. You'll save 10's of 1000's.

2 months ago '04        #75
skillahmang 3 heat pts
space
space
$29,069 | Props total: 24860 24860
 qutaboi225 said
The irony that such ignorance can come from a college grad. The reason people want student loan forgiveness is because for many years in the U.S a degree was the path to success. In recent years the govt sold off those loans at astronomical rates and buried people in an unpayable debt. Then politicians sold out the jobs on a good faith agreement that they would keep jobs in the U.S. They reneged and shipped jobs abroad after flushing the economy down the toilet and taking bail out money and tax cuts. If you cant understand how the college scheme fu*ked the country on a giant scheme then your education failed you.
They are mad if you expose the For Profit University system.

You will expose all of the other obstacles used by the rich which they lobby to the govt to indebt 85 percent of the blind.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+71online now  38
Saddest sh1t I’ve seen all week 😥
127 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+181online now  36
Image(s) inside Drake clownin on Joe Budden and his pool party
218 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+47online now  31
Image(s) inside Steel from Juice resurfaces
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+19online now  21
Aug 24 - Florida car-park killing: Gunman guilty as 'stand your ground' defenc..
94 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy