Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling Will Be Released on August 9th

most viewed right now
+30  138
27 comments @movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The TV/Movie Spot

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 days ago '16        #26
Supreme God 137 heat pts137
space
space
$6,666 | Props total: 29225 29225
 ajayones said
pluto tv app got this on now

best thing they could do..so many networks can bring back old shows
I downloaded pluto TV months ago, but never use it. How is it overall?

Dope sh*t to see Rocko back. I just watched "Doug" with my 3 year old this weekend, and we watch the original pokémon, DBZ, and Fairly odd parents.... Crazy to be able to watch shows I grew up on with him now.
+2   

6 days ago '16        #27
dman1209 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$549 | Props total: 1038 1038
Rocko was always boring to me. Let me know when a Johnny Bravo or Rocket Power show comes out

5 days ago '13        #28
cCarter8020 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,968 | Props total: 1291 1291
 thekg1 said
Great special. The whole agenda thing threw it off to me. I understand that was probably the selling point of making this special anyways. I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot on this series, just wish they stopped with pushing an agenda. Overall 8/10
Every point that is not your own is an agenda. Your defiance against said agenda is an agenda to someone else.

Rockos modern life always bordered on Inappropriate and by today’s standards this fits the bill since your opinion is the norm here

5 days ago '15        #29
Lito Guapalot 35 heat pts35
space
space
$5,197 | Props total: 15041 15041
 Supreme God said
I downloaded pluto TV months ago, but never use it. How is it overall?

Dope sh*t to see Rocko back. I just watched "Doug" with my 3 year old this weekend, and we watch the original pokémon, DBZ, and Fairly odd parents.... Crazy to be able to watch shows I grew up on with him now.
That og pokemon was crack. Felt like it started to fall off when they got to Sinnoh tho. First 3 seasons of digimon was classic
+4   

5 days ago '15        #30
He Hate Me 
space
space
$6,300 | Props total: 16274 16274
 xastey said
Last thing I need is to explain to my kid about the agenda. This kid will get in trouble for talking about it at school. Wife had to explain to him why a guy at Chick-fil-A, an employee, was wearing make-up... All I could do is laugh. If you be upfront about it and explain it to them then they go to school and tell people and then the school calls... Even if you don't want to censor your kids you have to cause everyone has different views and well... This world is all fu*ked up, shouldn't have to do this kid is just going to 3rd fu*king grade.

On the same.note, I was watching that black love show that Oprah has with the wife.. we watch it to see how other people deal with problems an marriage and sh*t... This show now has a gay couple.. not going lie sh*t caught me off guard. You trying to get all close with your lady then BAM some gay sh*t... Nah warn a n*gga first lol
lol dafuq?

How do you explain mass shootings or racism?

This should be the least of your problems explaining to your child. I swear n*ggas act like they didn't grow up on cross dressing and sh*t like this new smh. This sh*t was in all our shows Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, all the way to He-Man growing up but now its a problem. Yall amaze me these days.
+2   

5 days ago '06        #31
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,067 | Props total: 3826 3826
 He Hate Me said
lol dafuq?

This should be the least of your problems explaining to your child. I swear n*ggas act like they didn't grow up on cross dressing and sh*t like this new smh. This sh*t was in all our shows Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, all the way to He-Man growing up but now its a problem. Yall amaze me these days.
Honestly I havn't had to explain it to him yet, he doesn't watch the news. And he doesn't have any white friends where they invite him over to their house, so I havn't have to give him the talk about that whole situation.

Its not that its hard to explain this type of sh*t is that I know my kid, he gets in trouble for the most silliest things and the schools around here are all up tight. The fact that I have to censor myself to my kid in fear that the school will have an issue when he ends up saying random sh*t to students is the issue.

I have to figure out how to give him the right info for the s*x talk. Kid is already asking me how kids are made. Personally I would just straight up tell him but I already know he will go around school and tell everyone ( My folks never gave me the talk so this is all learning ) else and then we will be in the office saying we need to get our kid in check.

The problem isn't the kid its how everyone else accepts the information you try to educate your kid with. With your response it seems you don't have kids do you?

5 days ago '18        #32
Eyesofchaos 9 heat pts
space
space
$723 | Props total: 1201 1201
Can we get Ren and Stimpy going again?

+2   

5 days ago '15        #33
He Hate Me 
space
space
$6,300 | Props total: 16274 16274
 xastey said
Honestly I havn't had to explain it to him yet, he doesn't watch the news. And he doesn't have any white friends where they invite him over to their house, so I havn't have to give him the talk about that whole situation.

Its not that its hard to explain this type of sh*t is that I know my kid, he gets in trouble for the most silliest things and the schools around here are all up tight. The fact that I have to censor myself to my kid in fear that the school will have an issue when he ends up saying random sh*t to students is the issue.

I have to figure out how to give him the right info for the s*x talk. Kid is already asking me how kids are made. Personally I would just straight up tell him but I already know he will go around school and tell everyone ( My folks never gave me the talk so this is all learning ) else and then we will be in the office saying we need to get our kid in check.

The problem isn't the kid its how everyone else accepts the information you try to educate your kid with. With your response it seems you don't have kids do you?
I have a nephew who is like a little brother/son that iv'e talk to about majority of that stuff. s*xuality I never had to. I actually had to tell him to stop making fun of gay people. He would see a gay couple or something like this Rocko episode and scream out GAY!!!!

So I get that part but cartoons like this really goes over kids heads. All the s*xual jokes in Animaniacs went over my head as a child. I got in trouble for singing the Lake Titicaca song back then. I really don't think any child taking in this episode how an adult will. It was more about accepting change than anything.
+3   

5 days ago '05        #34
A~team 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,443 | Props total: 5159 5159
After i seen LGBTQ movies in the description i didnt even bother watching it. I just wanna watch my shows without this bullsh*t being thrown into my face.
+2   

5 days ago '05        #35
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
space
$54,894 | Props total: 8543 8543
Mrs bighead stay tryin to get the pipe from Rocko

5 days ago '06        #36
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,067 | Props total: 3826 3826
 He Hate Me said
I have a nephew who is like a little brother/son that iv'e talk to about majority of that stuff. s*xuality I never had to. I actually had to tell him to stop making fun of gay people. He would see a gay couple or something like this Rocko episode and scream out GAY!!!!

So I get that part but cartoons like this really goes over kids heads. All the s*xual jokes in Animaniacs went over my head as a child. I got in trouble for singing the Lake Titicaca song back then. I really don't think any child taking in this episode how an adult will. It was more about accepting change than anything.
Good point. Times have changed for sure.. still learning this whole kid sh*t lol.

I havn't checked but did they allow this to fall under the "Kids" filter on netflix .. if not then its not a big deal at the end.. if so then yeah, thats a bit fu*ked up if they are pushing it down. Everyone is going to say "O well you need to watch your kids and what they watch" . Its hard to tell that a cartoon has a different agenda just by the cover.. kids dont know until it too late and then you have to deal with it later.

But if its not in the "Kids" section then honestly I dont see no problems with it. They left it up as a choice. Anyways I may peep it out anyways just to see what the fuss is all about and decide then.

Last edited by xastey; 08-12-2019 at 09:15 AM..
+1   

4 days ago '18        #37
BradTheGreat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 4064 4064
To be 100% honest, I'm not surprised about the whole gay thing.

Matter fact, I'm more shocked that everybody feels this way when the show was low key gay when you look back at some scenes or episodes.

Plus, even for back in the 90s the show was very adult that as a kid you could feel that vibe.

SO, nothing shocking to be 100% honest.

4 days ago '15        #38
Hellmatic 3 heat pts
space
space
$22,667 | Props total: 34096 34096
 Bidam7 said

classic show
Cant Wait
Damn they banned you bro? Ronnie trippin, so many people that deserve to get banned and they ban you smh
+1   

4 days ago '05        #39
blackninja 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,161 | Props total: 11582 11582
 choassup said
i was excited til the whole cross dressing thing. I cut that sh*t off immediately. fu*kin ruined it for me. Hopefully zim ain't on some bullsh*t.
Agenda!

A~team said
After i seen LGBTQ movies in the description i didnt even bother watching it. I just wanna watch my shows without this bullsh*t being thrown into my face.
As soon as I saw that "LGBTQ movies" I did a double take and knew they hit the show with the agenda.

Last edited by blackninja; 08-13-2019 at 09:15 PM..
+2   

4 days ago '05        #40
blackninja 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Eyesofchaos said
Can we get Ren and Stimpy going again?

No! That image is a lie. They brought them back in 2003 as and they were a straight up gay couple. They took that off TV with the quickness.

+1   

4 days ago '18        #41
Turfaholic3 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,850 | Props total: 6784 6784
 blackninja said
No! That image is a lie. They brought them back in 2003 as and they were a straight up gay couple. They took that off TV with the quickness.

To keep it a buck, they were always a gay couple. I think Ren was bi. They'd hop on Powdered Toast Man back and grab his butt so they wouldn't fall off.
+1   

4 days ago '05        #42
blackninja 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Turfaholic3 said
To keep it a buck, they were always a gay couple. I think Ren was bi. They'd hop on Powdered Toast Man back and grab his butt so they wouldn't fall off.
Yeah, but there is a difference between what was always implied/questionable but could get by on Nickelodeon in the 90s and them having straight up anal s*x in the newest show.

It is implied that Spongebob and Patrick are gay– especially in the first movie, but it is not past a tipping point where it is blatant. Korra was gay, but they did not deal with that at all until the last 30 seconds the SERIES FINALE, and there was nothing s*xual about it.

Ren and Stimpy were LITERALLY fu*king in the new cartoon. Straight Gay.

Last edited by blackninja; 08-14-2019 at 10:17 AM..

3 days ago '15        #43
ChoAssUp 78 heat pts78
space
space
$18,478 | Props total: 45402 45402
 blackninja said
Agenda!

As soon as I saw that "LGBTQ movies" I did a double take and knew they hit the show with the agenda.
Wow....I didn't realize it was categorized as an Lgbt movie smh. I could have saved myself a good 20-25mins. These phags and their bullsh*t
+1   

3 days ago '05        #44
blackninja 14 heat pts14
space
space
 ChoAssUp said
Wow....I didn't realize it was categorized as an Lgbt movie smh. I could have saved myself a good 20-25mins. These phags and their bullsh*t
It is sad that is the best they could come up with after 20 years.
+2   

3 days ago '11        #45
gnelsonq09 
space
space
space
$331 | Props total: 849 849
I want more!

3 days ago '05        #46
blackninja 14 heat pts14
space
space
 gnelsonq09 said
I want more!
At least someone was not disappointed. To each their own.

3 days ago '18        #47
Dehone 
space
space
$4,317 | Props total: 13956 13956
It was ok. They obviously couldn't be on their 90s sh*t, but still a nice revival to the GOAT cartoon . I had no problem with Ralph being trans in itself, but that was the most forced LGBT thing I have ever seen. He was a dude and literally stepped out of his truck with a wig. Like they literally glued a sticky note on the script that said "by the way, hes transgendered. We only got 15 minutes of runtime left so just shove the sh*t in there". It felt like they just wanted to check the representation block on the progressive sheet.

6/10

Last edited by Dehone; 08-14-2019 at 06:27 PM..

3 days ago '18        #48
Dehone 
space
space
 He Hate Me said
lol dafuq?

One would think it would be more important to explain to a black child how they may be harmed out even murdered because of their skin than to bi*ch about why some dude shops at forever 21, but for some of these dudes, I guess not

3 days ago '16        #49
Bidam7 418 heat pts418
space
space
space
$31,018 | Props total: 81286 81286
 Hellmatic said
Damn they banned you bro? Ronnie trippin, so many people that deserve to get banned and they ban you smh
got banned for racism by ronnie by making a tales from the hood thread i said nothing racist i only posted pics and quotes from the movie the soundtrack as theyre making a third one and bam was banned

3 days ago '18        #50
Dehone 
space
space
 BradTheGreat said
To be 100% honest, I'm not surprised about the whole gay thing.

Matter fact, I'm more shocked that everybody feels this way when the show was low key gay when you look back at some scenes or episodes.

Plus, even for back in the 90s the show was very adult that as a kid you could feel that vibe.

SO, nothing shocking to be 100% honest.
I mean

New replies show every 10 seconds

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+56online now  42
Video inside Producer Bryan Michael Cox "Jay-Z Told Jermaine Dupri Not To Work With ..
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+155online now  33
OT Michelle Beadle Let Go At Espn
145 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside Aug 16 - Florida Woman Put On Probation For Having That Snapper In The..
30 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+78online now  8
Image(s) inside Styles P Says "I Quit Rap..."
127 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy