CBS and Viacom agree to sign $30 billion merger deal

most viewed right now
+39  104
36 comments @movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The TV/Movie Spot

4 days ago '12        #1
229 page views
3 comments

iamsweets 49 heat pts49
space
space
$2,983 | Props total: 7536 7536
CBS and Viacom agree to sign $30 billion merger deal

CBS and Viacom have reached a long-rumored merger agreement. The two companies announced today that they will reunite as ViacomCBS. According to The Wall Street Journal, CBS and Viacom hope that, together, they'll be better positioned to f*ght against cable TV competition and streaming services.

If it goes through, the all-stock deal will bring together Viacom's MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central, as well as its Paramount film and TV studio, and CBS's broadcast network and Showtime premium network. The combined CBS and Viacom would be valued at roughly $30 billion, and Viacom shareholders would receive 0.59625 CBS shares for each share they own.

Bob Bakish, Viakom's current chief executive, would likely become CEO of the merged companies, and CBS Acting Chief Executive Joe Ianniello is expected to run CBS-branded a*sets. Shari Redstone, who controls both CBS and Viacom along with her father through National Amusements Inc., is positioned to become chairman of the board for the combined companies.

The merger is far from a surprise. The media giants originally split in 2006, but rumors that the companies might reunite began circulating by 2016, and they've continued over the years. While today's agreement is significant, it's too soon to say for sure if the deal will go through.
+1   

best
worst
3 comments

4 days ago '09        #2
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$72,479 | Props total: 20668 20668
Thought CBS already owned Viacom
+2   

4 days ago '04        #3
biggsteel 30 heat pts30
space
space
$2,277 | Props total: 955 955
 That Guy Fly said
Thought CBS already owned Viacom
Ok I’m not tripping then. I swear I thought the same thing. I even remember seeing shows like Dexter on CBS, heavily cut though
+1   

4 days ago '16        #4
mobchip 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,100 | Props total: 6045 6045
When they combine Viacom & CBS its going to be worth $50 billion. Warner Media is worth over $400 billion to throw out a comparison of one big dog to another.

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  32
Image(s) inside Aug 16 - Florida Woman Put On Probation For Having That Snapper In The..
30 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+155online now  30
OT Michelle Beadle Let Go At Espn
145 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+58online now  28
Video inside Producer Bryan Michael Cox "Jay-Z Told Jermaine Dupri Not To Work With ..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+34online now  18
Video inside Philly Police caught spray painting fake blood on them??
84 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy