Canelo Alvarez has hired independent to go over contract | Canelo vs Golden Boy

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX SportsCenter

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '07        #126
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$48,710 | Props total: 64434 64434
 Movadovato said
Couldnt agree more....

iseeyouplaya:
I do think Bud and Spence will be undefeated till they meet. Loma and Tank Davis need to do more though....

Both those guys fought people you never heard of.....so just with these two along everything is questionable. (lloma did f*ght Rigidndoux....however you spell it).

Its a good problem to have as a fan....you'll get a good f*ght because somebody will be getting trashed and not a real competitive one....but at least its entertaining.

Still just wish better f*ghts would happen with the match ups we want to see....but i understand the business

My focus is a little less on the match-ups and a little more on the distribution.

We used to have Tuesday night f*ghts on USA network back in the 90s. I think FS1 experimented with Tuesday f*ghts a few years ago. We used to have thursday and friday night f*ghts not too long ago. There was a time where we had sunday afternoon f*ghts.

... but now, it's pretty much just boiled down to saturdays, sometimes friday and rarely sunday. You never know which channel or medium the f*ghts are going to be on so it's easy to miss. There is no reason for there to be no f*ghts on one week, and then next week you got 3 different cards all starting within an hour of each other and you have to choose what to watch.

There needs to be a brand, like PBC, that consistently gives us boxing every week at a similar time. Even if it's not the same channel every week, at the very least, give it to me every week.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #127
Movadovato 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,280 | Props total: 2108 2108
 stogz said
My focus is a little less on the match-ups and a little more on the distribution.

We used to have Tuesday night f*ghts on USA network back in the 90s. I think FS1 experimented with Tuesday f*ghts a few years ago. We used to have thursday and friday night f*ghts not too long ago. There was a time where we had sunday afternoon f*ghts.

... but now, it's pretty much just boiled down to saturdays, sometimes friday and rarely sunday. You never know which channel or medium the f*ghts are going to be on so it's easy to miss. There is no reason for there to be no f*ghts on one week, and then next week you got 3 different cards all starting within an hour of each other and you have to choose what to watch.

There needs to be a brand, like PBC, that consistently gives us boxing every week at a similar time. Even if it's not the same channel every week, at the very least, give it to me every week.

facts.....Ever since HBO boxing was canceled sh*t aint been the same. But thats HBO fault for getting funny with the biggest money maker in sports entertainment. When shane mosley jumped outta character and came in the ring and sh*t....then old head telling FLoyd he'll kick his a*s, they disrespected him during and after the f*ght talking about he's a boring f*ghter.

Dazn on some bullsh*t too, i have to catch damn near every f*ght on youtube after sh*t happen or stream it while its happening on thefirstrow. sh*t is sad.....

However it should be easier to watch because Bob aryum on espn and Al haymond on wherever he can get. Spike, fox sports or whatever channel sh*t be on
+1   

1 week ago '17        #128
BigCliff 
space
space
space
$62 | Props total: 416 416
 chrishansen88 said
You acting like a bi*ch you a straight hater and racist
People like you are hilarious. But hey, instead of having a logical discussion, let's just plead racism...

Trout, Lara and GGG were all incredibly controversial, let alone that disgusting Mayweather scorecard.

GGG vs Canelo 1
124 independent scorers - 97% were in GGG's favour with 2% a draw, you know the rest.

GGG vs Canelo 2
Was much closer, a win for Canelo was obsurd. At best you could argue the swing rounds put Canelo in contention for a draw.

Canelo vs Lara
This f*ght was close - Many thought Lara was robbed as he not only outlanded Canelo but he was more effective and threw more punches.

Canelo vs Trout
Another close f*ght that could have gone either way, instead it was scored heavily in Canelo's favour.

At the end of Round 10 the open scorecards were revealed and even though the rounds went back and forth the officials had it:

80-71, 78-73 and 76-75 all in favour of Canelo.

Canelo vs Mayweather
One of the most disgusting scorecards in boxing history.
At best you could give Canelo 3 rounds total. And yet CJ Ross had it 119-114 to Canelo - Winning the last 5 rounds!!

Oscars job as a promoter has been the polar opposite of his f*ghting careers. No heart and nothing but controversy.

Last edited by BigCliff; 08-12-2019 at 06:13 PM..

1 week ago '15        #129
chrishansen88 102 heat pts102
space
space
$8,078 | Props total: 19095 19095
 BigCliff said
People like you are hilarious. But hey, instead of having a logical discussion, let's just plead racism...

Trout, Lara and GGG were all incredibly controversial, let alone that disgusting Mayweather scorecard.

GGG vs Canelo 1
124 independent scorers - 97% were in GGG's favour with 2% a draw, you know the rest.

GGG vs Canelo 2
Was much closer, a win for Canelo was obsurd. At best you could argue the swing rounds put Canelo in contention for a draw.

Canelo vs Lara
This f*ght was close - Many thought Lara was robbed as he not only outlanded Canelo but he was more effective and threw more punches.

Canelo vs Trout
Another close f*ght that could have gone either way, instead it was scored heavily in Canelo's favour.

At the end of Round 10 the open scorecards were revealed and even though the rounds went back and forth the officials had it:

Canelo vs Mayweather
At best you could give Canelo 3 rounds total. And yet CJ Ross had it 119-114 to Canelo - Winning the last 5 rounds!!

Oscars job as a promoter has been the polar opposite of his f*ghting careers. No heart and nothing but controversy.
You have a build the wall T-shirt huh

Canelo the best p4p and he pisses racist like you off I get it now reply w some more hoe sh*t

1 week ago '17        #130
BigCliff 
space
space
space
 chrishansen88 said
You have a build the wall T-shirt huh

Canelo the best p4p and he pisses racist like you off I get it now reply w some more hoe sh*t
Instead of being a child, why don't you post your RbR and scorecards.

YDKSAB, that's why kid.

Also, no he's not P4P the best in the world. Lomachenko and Bud Crawford are superior in a number of different aspects.

1 week ago '15        #131
chrishansen88 102 heat pts102
space
space
$8,078 | Props total: 19095 19095
 BigCliff said
Instead of being a child, why don't you post your RbR and scorecards.

YDKSAB, that's why kid.

Also, no he's not P4P the best in the world. Lomachenko and Bud Crawford are superior in a number of different aspects.

Anyone who thinks the trout f*ght was close rode the short bus and I donít debate w the mentally challenged

1 week ago '17        #132
BigCliff 
space
space
space
 chrishansen88 said

Anyone who thinks the trout f*ght was close rode the short bus and I donít debate w the mentally challenged
Cool man, well done.

Let's just ignore that fact that Trout out landed Canelo 154/124 and the most common independent scorecard was 114/113...

Even the fan scorecards had the f*ght either 114/113 or 115/112 with the majority in Canelo's favour - That doesn't detract from it being a close f*ght. That means if any one of those 12 rounds were a swing round, it was a draw.

But hey, it was clearly a Canelo win. Obviously.

Unless you actually want to talk boxing like a fully functioning human being, sit down and learn your place. You don't know sh*t about boxing kid.

1 week ago '12        #133
44wade 312 heat pts312
space
space
space
$28,817 | Props total: 18888 18888
 BigCliff said
Cool man, well done.

Let's just ignore that fact that Trout out landed Canelo 154/124 and the most common independent scorecard was 114/113...

Even the fan scorecards had the f*ght either 114/113 or 115/112 with the majority in Canelo's favour - That doesn't detract from it being a close f*ght. That means if any one of those 12 rounds were a swing round, it was a draw.

But hey, it was clearly a Canelo win. Obviously.

Unless you actually want to talk boxing like a fully functioning human being, sit down and learn your place. You don't know sh*t about boxing kid.
Me personally when I saw the f*ght I thought Lara ran too much. Canelo had to chase him around the ring.

I havent watched it again since it originally aired, but I didnt Lara win. I dont know about the compubox numbers because Lara was running all over the ring from what I recall.

1 week ago '17        #134
BigCliff 
space
space
space
 44wade said
Me personally when I saw the f*ght I thought Lara ran too much. Canelo had to chase him around the ring.

I havent watched it again since it originally aired, but I didnt Lara win. I dont know about the compubox numbers because Lara was running all over the ring from what I recall.
Appreciate the response man.

I actually agree with you!
I thought it was Lara's f*ght to win and Canelos to lose (Canelo being notorious for gassing and poor workrate) but unfortunately Lara didn't definitively seal the deal with his style.

It was a close f*ght which I thought could go either way to be fair. No arguments from me in either man winning in a close match, but the scorecards were once again so bad that Canelo was never going to lose.

Hopefully it means with ODLH being pushed out of the scene we get genuine cards again!
+1   

1 week ago '12        #135
44wade 312 heat pts312
space
space
space
$28,817 | Props total: 18888 18888
 BigCliff said
Appreciate the response man.

I actually agree with you!
I thought it was Lara's f*ght to win and Canelos to lose (Canelo being notorious for gassing and poor workrate) but unfortunately Lara didn't definitively seal the deal with his style.

It was a close f*ght which I thought could go either way to be fair. No arguments from me in either man winning in a close match, but the scorecards were once again so bad that Canelo was never going to lose.

Hopefully it means with ODLH being pushed out of the scene we get genuine cards again!
matter of perspective, I thought Lara's style made it hard to give him the f*ght. It was close, but I thought it was close because Lara kept running and I dont think he did anything to say he was trying to win. Now as far as scorecards I dont know, as crazy as it is to say today, i dislike the way people act like rounds are equal. I win a round big, 10-9, he barely wins a round 10-9. I look at the f*ght as a whole, and two things that I feel are old school, that used to be weighed heavily.

1. who dictated the f*ght.
2. Did the challenger do enough to beat the champ?

So when i look at it that way, Lara lost easily to me.

As far as PBC, one of the worst decisions I can recall was Lamont Peterson vs. Garcia on PBC so lets not act like this is above anyone.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #136
Fameus 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,377 | Props total: 7092 7092
 Movadovato said
Prolly was i was In jamaica rumed the fu*k out.....

Whats your hatred against Al? Unscrupulous?? who has he robbed? When have you heard of a negative AL haymon story....only person i know that has some sort of beef with him is Jay and Beyonce.
What you see as hatred i see as common sense. Say you have a promising f*ghter and you want a f*ght with one of his f*ghters he says to your boxer ditch you and then youll have a career otherwise youll go nowhere. Sound fair? All f*ghters should be under Al right so this wouldnt happen, fu*k everyone else and everyone sign with Al. Gosh monopolies are great right? Might wanna do a tad more research into Kovolo f*ght that never happened if you think he's so dandy.

1 week ago '17        #137
Movadovato 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,280 | Props total: 2108 2108
 Fameus said
What you see as hatred i see as common sense. Say you have a promising f*ghter and you want a f*ght with one of his f*ghters he says to your boxer ditch you and then youll have a career otherwise youll go nowhere. Sound fair? All f*ghters should be under Al right so this wouldnt happen, fu*k everyone else and everyone sign with Al. Gosh monopolies are great right? Might wanna do a tad more research into Kovolo f*ght that never happened if you think he's so dandy.
Anybody that says...."do research" or "google it" already lost the argument. Im just simply asking you what he did wrong.

And no you dont have to o no where" theres espn and Bob Aryum, showtim with Al and Pbc and J prince is still doing his thing....same with Kathy Duva you gotta blame other promoters for not doing their job and capturing f*ghters.

Muhammad Ali left Bob Aryum......now he made a horrible move and signed with Don King but theres a reason he left.

Mayweather bought out his own contract with Bob aryum to become independent with Al.

By the way to your point about Kovalev Kathy Duva did buisness with AL after she attempted to sue....and literally said "he paid a big purse and we are all happy"

Pacman left Bob too, rumor has it Bob paid judges for Jeff Horn or whatever his name was to win a decision because he knew he was on the way out.

Al is beyond a business man he's tycoon that will always win....and even make his enemies happy

1 week ago '10        #138
Walmart 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,687 | Props total: 17651 17651
 BigCliff said

GGG vs Canelo 1

GGG vs Canelo 2

Canelo vs Lara

Canelo vs Trout

Canelo vs Mayweather

Yeah, Canelo is the new Golden Boy and gets favoritism in every close f*ght he's been in. I don't know what f*ght CJ Ross was watching when he scored the Mayweather/Canelo f*ght a draw.

I also think Lara arguably beat Canelo and that the scores in his f*ghts with GGG were suspect too.

GGG won the first f*ght IMO and the rematch could've been a draw (at best IMO), but I don't think Canelo did enough to win a decision, especially since GGG was the middleweight champ.

I think you have to beat the champ decisively to win a unanimous decision and I don't think Canelo did that in the second GGG f*ght.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #139
dirtybayrecordz 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,987 | Props total: 4034 4034
OSCAR DE LA HOYA EXCLUSIVE ON CANELO ŃLVAREZ RUMORS & RYAN GARCIA + WANTS MUNGUIA vs CANELO & GGG

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feigeís Involvement I..
333 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+27online now  14
one punch man gameplay
53 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  13
NBA 2K20 Demo
87 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Aug 20 - New Video: Epstein and Prince Andrews with Aus PMís Daughter
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy