scorpion pizza

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Just Wild Ish

2 weeks ago '09        #1
770 page views
8 comments

messy marv stan 5508 heat pts5508
space
space
$75,019 | Props total: 131272 131272
scorpion pizza

visit this link https://www.maxim.com/foo .. n-pizza-2019-8

Intrepid pizzerias across the country are bugging out with insect-adorned pies.

Last week, Evel Pie in Las Vegas made headlines when it started selling a grasshopper-topped pizza in honor of the recent invasion of green insects that have swarmed Sin City.

Meanwhile, at Luzzo’s La Pizza Napoletana in New York City’s East Village, chef Michele Iuliano upped the insect ante even further by creating a pizza sprinkled with ants and an actual dried scorpion as a centerpiece.

The creepy-crawly new pie, dubbed “The Insect Pizza”, is first topped with mozzarella, basil and olive oil, then placed in the restaurant’s coal-fired oven for a few minutes.

Iuliano cooks the ants, sourced from an organic farm in Maine, in extra virgin olive oil with salt, pepper and bread crumbs, and sprinkles them over thin slices of lemon placed on the pie. Then he adds a veritable bird's nest of dark red dried pepperoncino calabrese strands and a drizzle of hot honey. Lastly, a small scorpion is placed right in the middle of the pizza, just for fun.

“I think it’s the future,” Iuliano says of his insect ingredients, which he became interested in after eating a Mexican pork chop dish that utilized ants. “The ants taste a little like smoked fish. In Italy, we make anchovies, salt, pepper and bread crumbs. The scorpion is more of a decoration--it tastes like chips.”

The hollowed-out scorpion does pack a noticeable crunch, while the slightly briny ants could easily double as potato chip shards soaking up the other flavors, much like the ants and grasshoppers used in traditional Oaxacan cuisine

Thanks to the layer of lemon slices, the Insect Pie offers considerably more of a lemony kick rather than anything aggressively buggy. And while you may end up picking stuff out of your teeth after eating a slice, that’s thankfully the pepperonicni strands, not pieces of any disembodied critters.

Adventurous eaters who are game to sample a scorpion-and-ant-topped pizza can get The Insect Pizza at Luzzo’s beginning in September, while the grasshopper-studded Canyon Hopper pizza is available at Evel Pie in Vegas while supplies last
+3   

best
worst
8 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
THExTAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$390 | Props total: 1800 1800
I'm not eating that sh*t
+12   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '13        #3
dtdroid 171 heat pts171
space
space
$28,555 | Props total: 41931 41931
I realize that bugs would solve the food shortage crisis pretty much overnight.

I'm still probably gonna starve to death before willingly and consciously dining on them though (I realize we all consume a great deal of insects unintentionally).

Bugs just ain't natural looking, sounding or feeling. Insects and crustaceans look like aliens compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. I feel like they're not from around here.

2 weeks ago '19        #4
hip 20 heat pts20
space
space
$820 | Props total: 3911 3911
I didn't read but I'd try it.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #5
Droopy 107 heat pts107
space
space
$1,309 | Props total: 6126 6126
Didnt read big pass. Adventurous eating <

2 weeks ago '14        #6
DavidAames 17 heat pts17
space
space
$10,943 | Props total: 12217 12217
Yeah aight...

2 weeks ago '12        #7
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$50,226 | Props total: 77428 77428
nah my guy I’m good

But maybe I should try it cuz I know being pescatarian ain’t gone sustain forever

2 weeks ago '08        #8
Chedda 460 heat pts460
space
space
$19,087 | Props total: 49658 49658

2 weeks ago '11        #9
Silencer 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,637 | Props total: 7767 7767
Anchivies is as far as im gunna take it

The weirdest pizza I tried had mashed potatoes on it, was heavy af too. sh*t was foul

Not a fan of breakfast pizza either

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+77online now  22
Saddest sh1t I’ve seen all week 😥
128 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+187online now  21
Image(s) inside Drake clownin on Joe Budden and his pool party
219 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+21online now  17
Aug 24 - Florida car-park killing: Gunman guilty as 'stand your ground' defenc..
104 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+48online now  13
Image(s) inside Steel from Juice resurfaces
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy