StockX Reportedly Hacked With More Than 6 Million Users Affected

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Kicks @ BX

3 weeks ago '10        #1
1372 page views
13 comments

pacman45 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 11014 11014
StockX Reportedly Hacked With More Than 6 Million Users Affected

Sneaker marketplace StockX was reportedly hacked, exposing sensitive information of more than 6 million users worldwide according to TechCrunch's Zach Whittaker.

This past Thursday, the Detroit-based reselling platform sent out an e-mail regarding an alleged update to the site's system, urging users to reset their passwords in order to resume use of the service. However, the e-mail did not detail what lead to the update. In a statement issued by a spokesman to TechCrunch, StockX admitted that it had been alerted to suspicious activity involving the platform, but that may not have been the entire story.

According to Whittaker, an unnamed data breach seller contacted TechCrunch claiming that the information of more than 6.8 million users was stolen from StockX back in May. After being provided with a sample of 1,000 records by the seller, TechCrunch contacted the individual customers and provided them with unique information, including their real name, username combination and shoe size. Every person confirmed their data was accurate. The data is already being sold on the dark web for about $300.

Perhaps compounding the issue is the company's silence on the matter thus far. We reached out to StockX for a comment, but they did not respond. Information Security Analyst Cassie Brunetto tells us why that could be a problem for the company moving forward.

"The longer StockX takes to make a statement, the less credibility they will have," said Brunetto. "I think they handled the disclosure unethically and probably in the worst way possible. I'm curious to know what vulnerability was exploited though, because this could potentially expose holes that were or still are present in their systems and processes. As a consumer, I would be apprehensive about doing business with them going forward because I'm concerned about my data privacy and security."

Last month, StockX was valued at over $1 billion following a $110 million Series C funding round from DST Global, General Atlantic, and GGV Capital.

visit this link https://www.complex.com/s .. ign=sneakerstw

I was wondering why I got that email...
+5   

best
worst
13 comments

3 weeks ago '10        #2
pacman45 13 heat pts13 OP
space
space

3 weeks ago '13        #3
JFrisco 
space
space
space
$509 | Props total: 1063 1063
they have sh*t security. people have been cracking accounts for years and cashing out hacked accounts. don't ask me how i know lol
+3   

3 weeks ago '10        #4
space
space
 JFrisco said
they have sh*t security. people have been cracking accounts for years and cashing out hacked accounts. don't ask me how i know lol
A ton of those accounts have basic passwords. If you have something like "12345678" or "password" as your joint you deserve to be hacked a this point lol

3 weeks ago '17        #5
THExTAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$390 | Props total: 1800 1800
 pacman45 said
A ton of those accounts have basic passwords. If you have something like "12345678" or "password" as your joint you deserve to be hacked a this point lol
What's sad is they didn't hash and salt the passwords to make sure even if someone had the passwords they couldn't use it without the cipher.

For all the money stoxkx made, they should of stepped up their security game.
+2   

3 weeks ago '10        #6
space
space
 THExTAKEOVER said
What's sad is they didn't hash and salt the passwords to make sure even if someone had the passwords they couldn't use it without the cipher.

For all the money stoxkx made, they should of stepped up their security game.

Facts

3 weeks ago '08        #7
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,494 | Props total: 529 529
I knew that random a*s email was suspicious
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #8
Blunted Sultan 7 heat pts
space
space
$957 | Props total: 2837 2837
Im getting tired of creating an account just for my sh*t to get hacked
+4   

3 weeks ago '06        #9
Icee 39 heat pts39
space
space
$14,212 | Props total: 10988 10988
Well, shoes do sell for maximum profit on there. I almost created an account last month. I've never felt comfortable using them , due to the bank information they requested & a*sociated fees to transfer into your bank account with the third party after a sell. I'm already aware you can use PayPal, they're faulty as well.
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #10
Dun Language 4442 heat pts4442
space
space
$86,814 | Props total: 66855 66855
Meh...

3 weeks ago '16        #11
JustVibe 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,084 | Props total: 11437 11437
These fu*k n*ggas better come off that $125 too or some free kicks .. fu*k a*s change my password and all .
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #12
diamondsxmoney 
space
space
$4,765 | Props total: 7261 7261
Bouta start using goat. Never had an issue with ordering from stockx, but they have too many security breaches man smh.

2 weeks ago '04        #13
AliHood 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,274 | Props total: 2080 2080
Never used

2 weeks ago '04        #14
Monoblock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,952 | Props total: 2780 2780
Yep happened to me back in May. I caught it though and closed my account. Stock X is trash.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+74online now  49
Image(s) inside Yo trying to cop a popeyes chicken sandwich tonight is like trying to ..
368 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+34online now  34
Workout Change the look of your body in only 2 workouts w/ The Snatch Grip Hig..
76 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+58online now  25
DAME NO JUMPER INTERVEW goes off on JAY-Z "Everybody no Jay ain't sh!t" Fallou..
181 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside The TOP 5 MOST CRINGEST, UNCOMFORTABLE, DISTRUBING BRILLANT MOVIES OF ..
44 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy