The Cars We're Excited to Finally See in 2019

most viewed right now
207 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '16        #1
1749 page views
38 comments

Aztlan 82 heat pts82
space
space
$11,246 | Props total: 29086 29086
The Cars We're Excited to Finally See in 2019

Good news: 2019 is going to have some of the most anticipated car reveals of the decade, so let’s try to keep track of exactly what we should expect.

Let’s start off with the four cars we’ll finally get to see that have been building the hype for the years, if not decades. Probably the most anticipated car expected in 2019 would have to be the final realization of the dream that is a mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette.

1. Mid-engine Corvette

After years of concepts and rumors, we refused to believe that GM was actually doing the damn thing and building a mid-engine Corvette until we saw it for ourselves. Now, it seems like we see it every couple of weeks as more and more photos of it driving around emerge.

And 2019 should finally be the year we see it in a color other than heavy camouflage. Maybe. Reports indicate it’s already been delayed six months to overhaul its electrical system. Come on GM. You’re so close to the finish after over 50 years of teasing. Show us what you’ve got.

2. Toyota Supra

You may be thinking to yourself, “They’ve definitely already revealed the new Supra like months ago, right?” And you’d be wrong. Somehow, inexplicably, concept after concept, teaser after teaser, Toyota has yet to actually officially lift the sheet on this thing.

It may have leaked just this past Friday, but we’ll never be absolutely certain until the car is on a stage in front of us and the press release goes live. The good news is that will all most likely happen at the Detroit Auto Show next month. Our long trial of teases is nearly over.

3. Ford Bronco

In a nearly completely opposite situation to the drawn out reintroduction of the Supra, Ford is seemingly pulling a new Ford Bronco out of a hat. It was just a couple of years ago that we were all wistful at the prospect of a new Bronco, full of amped up off-roading energy thanks to a new G-Wagen and Wrangler.

And suddenly now there’s the promise of not just a new big Bronco, but also a baby Bronco and possible a full range of Broncos in the pipeline. We even already have a few teaser images, just nevermind the bad mud rendering. It looks promising, and we’ll probably see it, or at least a concept version, before the end of the year.

4. Land Rover Defender

But the Bronco won’t be the only off-roader making its triumphant return in 2019. Land Rover has a new Defender on the way, and now it’ll be able to put its wheels to the ground stateside without fear of being crushed on video and going viral.

Land Rover is practically throwing the new Defender at us already, releasing a bunch of muddy, camouflaged images last week. While it doesn’t look to be quite the capable off-roader it once was, we can’t quite rule out it’s no longer body-on-frame just yet from the teasers. Either way, it’s nice that America gets to join the new Defender club.

Beyond the cars we can’t quite seem to shut up about, what else can we expect from 2019?

5. Porsche Taycan

Porsche is dead-set to kick Tesla’s a.ss with its new Taycan electric sedan, and as much as I refused to accept its name when it was revealed, I have to admit “Taycan” is starting to sound good.

That may be in part to the technology Porsche is throwing at the car, though, as its set to push electric cars forward with a new 800-volt battery architecture. The car promises over 600 horsepower, over 300 miles of range, and the ability to charge up to 80 percent of its energy capacity in just 20 minutes using Porsche’s upcoming 350 kW charging infrastructure. It’s set to be the new electric car to beat.

6. Ford Mach 1

What the hell is the Ford Mach 1? We don’t know. Maybe Ford doesn’t even know. Hopefully this will be the year that all of that confusion gets cleared up.

At first the Mach 1 was said to be a Mustang-inspired electric crossover. The funny thing about an electric crossover is that it has nothing to do with a Mustang, so we were confused from the get-go. Then Ford had to keep correcting everybody about whether the Mach 1 would be based on the Focus platform, or the Explorer platform, but now it seems like it will get its own unique architecture. Cool.

Oh, also, the backlash of using an iconic Mustang name like Mach 1 on a car that is decidedly not a Mustang may mean this thing ends up being called something else when it’s finally revealed. Like I said, nobody is really clear on what exactly this thing will be, but that makes it all the more interesting heading into the new year.

7. Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

What will be a real god-fearing Mustang, at least we hope, is the new Shelby GT500. We’ve already caught a glimpse of this car, but nothing official beyond the teaser image you see before you.

A leaked spec sheet promised 720 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque from a 5.2-liter V8, which sounds a lot better than an electric crossover with a cool name. Every moronic teenager thinks their Advanced-Auto-special Mustang will rip the skin off the Earth, but this one might actually do it.

8. Lamborghini going hybrid

Lamborghini is going to go full Lamborghini and possibly produce a limited-edition hypercar that will glow in the dark. It will likely be impossible not to see in 2019.

But the other, less-interesting rumor about this car, dubbed the LB48H for now, is that it will probably be a preview of Lambo’s next-generation hybrid technology. Those crazy fu*kers are going to add a hybrid setup to their already-insane Aventador V12 and there is nothing you nor the fire department can do about it.

Of course, there will be many more car introductions in 2019, many of which I would have to be a witch to forecast, and many more which are simply too boring to mention. Some notable expectations are the Aston Martin DBX crossover, a new Mercedes-Benz CLA that is hopefully easier to look at than the old one, and maybe a BMW M3 in some shape or form.

What I’m personally most excited for, though, is a change to drive everything revealed in 2018. There’s the new Mazda 3, the Jeep Gladiator pickup, the Polestar 1, and of course, the new 992 Porsche 911. It’s going to be a fun year of cars, so stay tuned.

visit this link Jalopnik
+11   

38 comments for "The Cars We're Excited to Finally See in 2019"

2 weeks ago '17        #2
JacobWatch 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,590 | Props total: 6351 6351
The Porsche is s3xy as sh*t...

But the supra looking like mazda 6 or some sh*t smh
+15   

2 weeks ago '09        #3
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,215 | Props total: 1210 1210
No Kia Telluride?
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #4
dymablink 64 heat pts64
space
space
space
$2,473 | Props total: 4801 4801
Im most lookin forward to the Bmw M850I now that my i8 lease almost up
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #5
Tobinmont 
space
space
$3,449 | Props total: 7834 7834
That Taycan got my interest something serious.
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #6
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,628 | Props total: 16062 16062
Literally ordering both the Supra (I have a 94 & 98) and the Bronco (gonna replace my Raptor with it). Can’t wait.

That electric Porsche will do numbers for sure. I can see a lot of Tesla owners jumping ship for it. I know two Model S guys that already had/traded their Panamara for it anyways.

The ME Vette...I can’t see that being viable product or worth it unless it’s AWD and priced like a GTR.

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 01-05-2019 at 08:31 PM..

2 weeks ago '13        #7
King X Riece 
space
space
$3,484 | Props total: 7712 7712
 dymablink said
Im most lookin forward to the Bmw M850I now that my i8 lease almost up
How do you feel about the i8 after having it for a bit?
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #8
Ron Swanson 282 heat pts282
space
space
$40,306 | Props total: 49790 49790
im just waiting on that Bronco.... used to have a full sized 91 Bronco, i wish i still had it cause its by far the most enjoyable vehicle i have ever owned... i aint with these overpriced cars that cant even get dirty lol give me something that can climb over those cars and something i can actually do some work with
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #9
Ron Swanson 282 heat pts282
space
space
$40,306 | Props total: 49790 49790
anyone got any look on that new Bronco??
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow 18 heat pts18
space
space
$9,684 | Props total: 39240 39240
I really hope Chevy calls it the Zora after Zora Arkus Duntov, the founder of the Corvette. Due was a mastermind. I'm also looking forward to the next generation Tahoe/Escalade and the S Class. Plus Genesis might finally come out with their luxury SUV and if it's anything like the new G90 it's gonna be something serious.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
BREeZzze 
space
space
space
$98 | Props total: 128 128
Not looking forward to any of theses
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #12
Michael 1987 745 heat pts745
space
space
space
$87,442 | Props total: 20391 20391
I'm good.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #13
Yung Dilla 1555 heat pts1555
space
space
$61,854 | Props total: 57817 57817
Supra
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #14
Rule 336 82 heat pts82
space
space
$8,081 | Props total: 29727 29727
Man I can't afford nothing on that list except MAYBE the mustang. What is a mid engine corvette? An affordable one?

Last edited by Rule 336; 01-06-2019 at 12:03 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #15
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$20,070 | Props total: 25394 25394
guess im the only one fu*kin wit the lambo
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #16
MurdaBizzness 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,096 | Props total: 302 302
Limited-edition Lamborghini hypercar that will glow in the dark
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #17
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,251 | Props total: 6404 6404
Taycan js s3xy as hell

And hopefully the Shelby will be all-wheel drive

Excited for this year’s release
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #18
Rule 336 82 heat pts82
space
space
Y'all gone explain what a mid engine corvette is or nah?
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #19
Rule 336 82 heat pts82
space
space
@ can you help me out brother.. I genuinely have no understanding of what that is
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #20
Aztlan 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
$11,246 | Props total: 29086 29086
 Rule 336 said
@ can you help me out brother.. I genuinely have no understanding of what that is
Me neither dawg.

I just posted it for the Hot Topic
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #21
Rule 336 82 heat pts82
space
space
 Aztlan said
Me neither dawg.

I just posted it for the Hot Topic
At least you honest
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #22
DUENASnoches 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,587 | Props total: 1094 1094
 Rule 336 said
Y'all gone explain what a mid engine corvette is or nah?
Honestly just a guess but the motor will be behind the seats in another enclosure, similar to the mid-engine Toyota MR2. It’s hype is balance and increased rear wheel traction due to the weight distribution.
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #23
USC 84 heat pts84
space
space
$24,361 | Props total: 20277 20277
GTA put me on most these
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #24
dymablink 64 heat pts64
space
space
space
$2,473 | Props total: 4801 4801
 King X Riece said
How do you feel about the i8 after having it for a bit?
Honesly I love it. The drive is great. The 0-60 accelaration is great as well and the ride is comfortable and I dont really feel the NYC roads which suck. It gets attention like no other.

The issues I have: theres barely any spce in the car and trunk.
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #25
King X Riece 
space
space
$3,484 | Props total: 7712 7712
 dymablink said
Honesly I love it. The drive is great. The 0-60 accelaration is great as well and the ride is comfortable and I dont really feel the NYC roads which suck. It gets attention like no other.

The issues I have: theres barely any spce in the car and trunk.
I plan on getting one when I'm eligible to trade in my dart. The i8 is literally my favorite car ever from a visual perspective, and the fact that you live in NYC like me and it rides smooth is a huge plus. Hopefully I'll be in a position to scoop mine in a year or two

Home      

most viewed right now
+62online now  35
Proof That There Are Aliens In The Ocean
104 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+149online now  33
Image(s) inside She Got Those A-Cup Tiddies But, That Petite Ass Is Stupendous!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  28
Jan 18 - Trump to make announcement on border protection and shutdown tomorrow..
169 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-31online now  14
Drake Exposed For Sliding into A Transgender Women’s DMs
141 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+37online now  13
Soulja Boy Explains Why Cell Is His Favorite Dragon Ball Z Charachter
119 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside SouljaBoy is Caught Shoplifting a New Headband in NYC
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-20online now  7
Jan 18 - Buzzfeed Reporter on CNN: No We Have Not Seen the Evidence for our Re..
300 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+58online now  7
NBA Shaq on Michael Jordan 'He F*cked Me Up After I HARD Fouled Him' January 2..
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy