These vehicles will be killed in 2019: Say goodbye to Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan cars

most viewed right now
146 comments @wild'ish

section   (2 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '17        #76
justin747 37 heat pts37
space
space
$8,888 | Props total: 43490 43490
 SharpenUrSword said
sometimes you buy something becuase ots a good deal...it works especially well when you havent made up bogus rules to follow..ie the stripper rule
Another V6 owner huh? Do you have a Camaro, Challenger or Mustang?

There is no good deal in buying a V6 muscle car. That's my point. It's slow as sh*t and has all the flaws of the V8 with none of the speed.

What's even more retarded is you can almost always get the V8 version of car that's a few years old, for right around the same price as the newest V6. When I got my Camaro, I got a 3 year old V8 with literally every feature they ever offered for right around the same price as the new V6 at the time.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #77
faygo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,161 | Props total: 193 193
 justin747 said
I feel that if you don't wanna pony up the money for the V8, then you best get something else. You'll get a better car for less money.

I LOVE muscle cars. My last 4 cars have been muscle cars. What I've learned over that time is the cars themselves suck. They're hard to park, have bad visibility, heavy, lack space, lack features, cheap interior, etc. They're super impractical, especially if you live somewhere with rain/snow

The only thing these cars have going for them is value. They're stupid fast cars at a cheap price with a lot of sacrifices. If you buy a muscle car without the muscle, you're buying a heavy, slow piece of sh*t that just happens to look like a better car.
You still haven't post up your car.
+4   

4 weeks ago '15        #78
Maxbcline 
space
space
space
$1,506 | Props total: 5624 5624
 faygo said
4l70e auto trans but if a 427 or s/c ls motor fall of a truck I swap it out forsure.
You get a full pullout from a Tbss or you build the 4l60.... You know what, nevermind, this is bx, not ls1tech.

4 weeks ago '16        #79
ThunnLanguage 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,225 | Props total: 7133 7133
too bad for US automakers, especially liked the Impala
I thought the XTS was supposed to be one of the better Caddys smfh
and right, what happens when oil prices get dumb high again? cos that WILL happen... GM buying Hummer comes to mind

4 weeks ago '15        #80
Prad Bitt 
space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 2922 2922
 justin747 said
I feel that if you don't wanna pony up the money for the V8, then you best get something else. You'll get a better car for less money.

I LOVE muscle cars. My last 4 cars have been muscle cars. What I've learned over that time is the cars themselves suck. They're hard to park, have bad visibility, heavy, lack space, lack features, cheap interior, etc. They're super impractical, especially if you live somewhere with rain/snow

The only thing these cars have going for them is value. They're stupid fast cars at a cheap price with a lot of sacrifices. If you buy a muscle car without the muscle, you're buying a heavy, slow piece of sh*t that just happens to look like a better car.
All of these things true except the last part, donít believe a 4banger has a place in a sports coupe but these aint the V6s of the 90s go test drive one legitimately they are plenty fast most nearing 350hp with an exhaust, header, and intake without the penalty of V8 costs of ownership.
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #81
SharpenUrSword 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,854 | Props total: 7215 7215
 justin747 said
Another V6 owner huh? Do you have a Camaro, Challenger or Mustang?

There is no good deal in buying a V6 muscle car. That's my point. It's slow as sh*t and has all the flaws of the V8 with none of the speed.

What's even more retarded is you can almost always get the V8 version of car that's a few years old, for right around the same price as the newest V6. When I got my Camaro, I got a 3 year old V8 with literally every feature they ever offered for right around the same price as the new V6 at the time.
i had a 99 camaro in highschool. had 25k miles on in prob 03...got out the door for 9.5k...

so we took the deal..im just not a car snob, got nothing to prove, never raced it, never even thought about it
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #82
katurner 92 91 heat pts91
space
space
$6,052 | Props total: 8185 8185
 Aztlan said
In the auto industry, business is booming for the undertaker.

Automakers are k!lling vehicle models at a steady clip Ė largely because buyer preferences are changing.

Itís all part of a sweeping shift into SUVs and crossovers, which offer more space, a higher stance and fuel economy thatís vastly better than a decade ago. About 1 in 2 vehicles sold in 2019 will be SUVs or crossovers, according to projections by car-buying advice site Edmunds.

ďPrimarily itís a shift away from passenger cars Ė compacts, hatchbacks, those types of vehicles,Ē said Matt DeLorenzo, senior managing editor of Kelley Blue Book.

Several vehicles that are being put out of their misery are hybrids of some form, which Americans have been reluctant to buy with gasoline below $3 per gallon since 2014.

Discontinuing vehicles is not something the automakers do lightly, in part because theyíve invested substantial time and money into marketing and developing those models.

Take the Volkswagen Beetle, for example. Itís an iconic brand with seven decades of name recognition and an iconic silhouette.

But the 2019 model will be the final one. At least for a while.

If thereís one thing to remember about the auto industry, itís that goodbye isnít necessarily forever. After all, in 2019 Ford will revive the Ranger pickup, Toyota will revive the Supra sports car and Honda will bring back the Passport SUV.

As we welcome back those vehicles, weíre waving goodbye to these:

[pic - click to view]

Ford Taurus
This is not the first time Ford decided to end production of this large sedan. But it could be the last. Large cars are falling out of favor. At one point, the Taurus was one of the most popular cars in America. Those days are long gone.

[pic - click to view]

Ford Focus
This compact sedan perished as Ford pivots its focus toward SUVs and pickups. Ford had only 12,000 Focus cars left as of early December. Get it while you still can.

[pic - click to view]

Chevrolet Impala
Like the Taurus, this large sedan once occupied prime real estate in the American automotive landscape. Despite a critically acclaimed redesign earlier this decade, it couldnít overcome the sedan segmentís demise.

[pic - click to view]

Chevrolet Cruze
GM bet big on this compact sedan earlier this decade, and it paid off for a while. But sales have suffered during the SUV boom. Its demise has placed GMís plant in Lordstown, Ohio, at serious risk of closing.

[pic - click to view]

Chevrolet Volt
Billed as an emblem of GMís engineering prowess and pivot toward alternative propulsion vehicles, this vehicle essentially invented the concept of the plug-in hybrid. It was critically acclaimed and generated a loyal base of enthusiasts.

But sales never reached initial expectations, and GM is turning its attention to battery-powered cars that donít have a backup gas generator like the Volt.

[pic - click to view]

Volkswagen Touareg
Volkswagen will continue to sell this model in foreign markets but not in the U.S. Here, itís now selling the Atlas large SUV and the Tiguan crossover, with plans to introduce more SUVs.

[pic - click to view]

Volkswagen Beetle
This two-door car has one of the most iconic silhouettes in the auto industry. But Americans donít want to hunch over to get into cars anymore.

[pic - click to view]

Hyundai Azera
This attempt at a luxury sedan never panned out. The Korean automaker pivoted its luxury efforts toward an altogether new brand called Genesis, which is struggling to gain sales traction.

[pic - click to view]

Honda CR-Z
This compact hybrid had bad timing, entering the market just as hybrid sales were falling off a cliff.

[pic - click to view]

Ford C-Max
This model, which was offered in hybrid and plug-in versions, had a strong run out of the gate but eventually fell prey to the same industry trends that undermined the CR-Z.

[pic - click to view]

Toyota Prius V
This large version of the Prius hybrid hasnít been manufactured since the 2017 model-year, but itís still registering sales, according to Edmunds.

[pic - click to view]

Nissan Juke
Nissanís quirky subcompact crossover has given way to a new little crossover called the Nissan Kicks.

[pic - click to view]

Cadillac CT6 and XTS
These large luxury sedans were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Luxury buyers with this much money to spend and a desire for space are buying SUVs.

[pic - click to view]

Cadillac ATS
This compact luxury sedan was designed as a competitor to industry stalwarts such as the BMW 3-series. It couldnít overcome the Cadillac brandís struggles and the compact sedan segmentís implosion.

the ct6 and the ats

I wonder if I can get a deal on these then
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #83
faygo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Maxbcline said
You get a full pullout from a Tbss or you build the 4l60.... You know what, nevermind, this is bx, not ls1tech.
Lol yea full drivetrain from a tbss 10k miles on the engine and trans, trans lasted 3yrs stock before it gave in but I only had about 10 races a year so my trans don't see much action and now and days even less, motor is sitting at 26k miles and I swaped it in 2008.

Last edited by faygo; 12-26-2018 at 05:13 PM..

4 weeks ago '17        #84
justin747 37 heat pts37
space
space
 faygo said
You still haven't post up your car.
I don't take pictures of my car like that. Here is one from like the 3rd day after I bought it.

6 speed manual too.

4 weeks ago '11        #85
bonez79 128 heat pts128
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 17340 17340
 mlbnba2016 said

[pic - click to view]

I don't know why they don't just bring the old model back and switch it up some. Ford gave the new Mustangs that foxbody look but just rounded the front and the back. You would think Chevy would bring back the vintage Impala and El Camino look, they keep making them trash axx Corvettes and Camaros (no disrespect to the old schools though).

4 weeks ago '17        #86
justin747 37 heat pts37
space
space
 SharpenUrSword said
i had a 99 camaro in highschool. had 25k miles on in prob 03...got out the door for 9.5k...

so we took the deal..im just not a car snob, got nothing to prove, never raced it, never even thought about it
I had a 99 V6 too. Good car and I thought I was fine and plenty fast..... til I traded it in for that Z28.

If you're not a car snob then you make mistakes. Those people aren't worth discussion cause they just buy whatever

But if someone knows cars and loves cars and you buy a V6 muscle car I'm like
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #87
faygo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 justin747 said
I don't take pictures of my car like that. Here is one from like the 3rd day after I bought it.

6 speed manual too.

So you had a 5th gen, hope it was modded because the coyote 5.0 owned its fat a.ss stock for stock in the real world. Nice color tho looks similar to mine lol.

Last edited by faygo; 12-26-2018 at 05:21 PM..
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #88
justin747 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Prad Bitt said
All of these things true except the last part, donít believe a 4banger has a place in a sports coupe but these aint the V6s of the 90s go test drive one legitimately they are plenty fast most nearing 350hp with an exhaust, header, and intake without the penalty of V8 costs of ownership.
You know those horsepower numbers are really bullsh*t right? HP isn't really important anyway. It's all about torque.

And if somebody puts exhaust, headers, and intake then that person coulda bought a fu*kin V8. Who in their right mind buys a V6 cause it's cheaper, then puts all the money they saved right back into the car trying to make it faster and sound louder like a V8?

These I just described n*ggas are THE WORST. These are the n*ggas always trying to race their sh*tty car trying to prove its "just as fast" as my V8. Yall n*ggas that put a fu*king exhaust and bolt ons on a V6 need to be banned from buying muscle cars. Yall should only be allowed to by Camrys.

4 weeks ago '17        #89
justin747 37 heat pts37
space
space
 faygo said
So you had a 5th gen, hope it was modded because the coyote 5.0 owned its fat a.ss stock for stock in the real world. Nice color tho looks similar to mine lol.
Who cares? Still faster than your V6.

I did some mods but I'm not trying to be the fastest car on the road. I just cant get behind buying a muscle car without the muscle. It's something you'll never understand until you own a V8

4 weeks ago '06        #90
t76 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,086 | Props total: 308 308
 Sin said
I think my next car will be a 3 series coupe

Never been a fan of domestics all my cars have been JDM or German
I love BMWs but when they start having issues you are going to pay an arm and a leg. Reliability is horrible.

4 weeks ago '04        #91
faygo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 justin747 said
Who cares? Still faster than your V6.

I did some mods but I'm not trying to be the fastest car on the road. I just cant get behind buying a muscle car without the muscle. It's something you'll never understand until you own a V8
This is my car 02 camaro ss powered by a 600hp ls2 wtf are you talking about I been posted up my current muscle car but you have only posted what you claimed you had.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

+6   

4 weeks ago '08        #92
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,513 | Props total: 2307 2307
Those crossovers are usually ugly as fu*k to me.
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #93
thirssty58 6 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 19276 19276
Sounds like a joke these cars are all over the road and yeah those loud a.ss models car drivers can kiss my a.ss

4 weeks ago '15        #94
Prad Bitt 
space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 2922 2922
 justin747 said
You know those horsepower numbers are really bullsh*t right? HP isn't really important anyway. It's all about torque.

And if somebody puts exhaust, headers, and intake then that person coulda bought a fu*kin V8. Who in their right mind buys a V6 cause it's cheaper, then puts all the money they saved right back into the car trying to make it faster and sound louder like a V8?

These I just described n*ggas are THE WORST. These are the n*ggas always trying to race their sh*tty car trying to prove its "just as fast" as my V8. Yall n*ggas that put a fu*king exhaust and bolt ons on a V6 need to be banned from buying muscle cars. Yall should only be allowed to by Camrys.
Iím not one of them cats. itís maybe a couple racks to do that still less than the 10k more an SS is, not counting additional running costs. You gotta SS I commend that donít fall into the ego games drivers of slower cars with much to prove play.

4 weeks ago '15        #95
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$10,179 | Props total: 27085 27085
Here we go again?
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #96
faygo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Prad Bitt said
Iím not one of them cats. itís maybe a couple racks to do that still less than the 10k more an SS is, not counting additional running costs. You gotta SS I commend that donít fall into the ego games drivers of slower cars with much to prove play.
Dude doesn't even have a muscle car and the 5th gen camaro he claimed he had was a slug.
+5   

4 weeks ago '15        #97
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$10,179 | Props total: 27085 27085
 Skratch said
Dont see whats so great about a SUV/crossover, weird ppl really want them big pieces of sh*t?

Soccer moms live the bigger vehicles from what I see. I live in cold weather though too. The 4 wheel drive is important here. Plus they can carry the skis,soccer equipment, whatever they have for a hobby...

4 weeks ago '11        #98
Sin 1829 heat pts1829
space
space
$27,383 | Props total: 77680 77680
 t76 said
I love BMWs but when they start having issues you are going to pay an arm and a leg. Reliability is horrible.
Yeah and Iím very hard on my cars

I was looking to buy a cheap E92 for less than 5,000

Nothing i planned to keep longer than a year

4 weeks ago '15        #99
liquidzero 
space
space
$822 | Props total: 4670 4670
V4 and V6 is more tuner-esque... if you buy a "muscle car" that ish has to be a v8 otherwise it is not a muscle car. You can upgrade it, turbo it and make it fast and loud or whatever.. but in my eyes it'll never be a muscle car. Tuner maybe, sure. Or sport. And even if you smoke v8's in it. It doesnt matter. What makes muscle is the block of a v8 that rumbles and rocks.. The unique deep sound of the pipes and The rough/shaky feel when you're in it driving. A 4/6 banger will never replicate that.

I get some people don't have the money to dish out for a 8cyl.. but you're just making a fool of yourself driving a v6 with the same engine a malibu has in it with much worse interior, rougher ride, smaller inside, worse sound system... etc. Its redundant imo.

Last edited by liquidzero; 12-26-2018 at 05:48 PM..
+2   

4 weeks ago '13        #100
FNLN5150 12 heat pts12
space
space
$3,832 | Props total: 8768 8768
 Prad Bitt said
Bowtie til I die nuccaaaaa
Heavy Chevy 4 life...

Sick af @ them k!llin off the impala tho...
+3   

Home      

most viewed right now
+119online now  32
Image(s) inside C'est La Vie
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-38online now  31
Video inside We have a new savior
141 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+112online now  28
Video inside She was not fu-kin pleased 😂😂
60 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+24online now  27
Kenan Thompson Inching Closer to 'SNL' Exit
69 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside kevin gates defends himself against those who question how he was movin..
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+53online now  14
Image(s) inside Cardi B Torches Tomi Lahren With Savage Clapback: 'I Will Dog Walk You'
247 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+86online now  10
Mannie Fresh On Rhythm Roulette: Creates a Complete Banger
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+277online now  7
The most slappable face of 2019 :popfoh: