Jayz is the Billionaire yet Akon is the one doing actual Billionaire sh-t!

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
84 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

5 days ago '16        #26
HugheStone 
space
space
Props total: 207 207  Slaps total: 41 41
Don't Jay own the Brooklyn nets though,?

5 days ago '17        #27
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
space
space
Props total: 32885 32 K  Slaps total: 4771 4 K
 pnostarr said
no props for following charlamagne and reposting his sht... and jump off jay nuts
You in here caping for a n*gga who doesn’t know you but I’m on his nuts? Lol aight.
+3   

5 days ago '05        #28
4REAL 
space
space
Props total: 15499 15 K  Slaps total: 4669 4 K
 Learn1st said

There's a difference between being black and African. Akon is doing that for his African people, but the moment Jay tries to do something for black folks then they are going to hit him with a scandal and move him out of the way.
What in the world are you talking about? When people use the term African, more than likely, they are referring to Sub-Sahara aka the black people of Africa.
+3   

5 days ago '05        #29
4REAL 
space
space
 HugheStone said
Are you seriously asking this question? I can't tell if you are trolling. But if this is a serious question, the answer is NO. Jay-Z doesn't own the Brooklyn Nets, whatsoever.
+5   

5 days ago '18        #30
doseygabana 
space
space
space
Props total: 4177 4 K  Slaps total: 1068 1 K
Jay Z is a strategic business man. If it don't make dollars, it don't makes sense to him. He's just fulfilling his American dream and whatever social work he does is enough to make him feel good. Don't expect Jay to risk his money or his image (the NFL deal was bad enough).

Akon is trying to fulfill his vision of developing Africa but it's not all altruistic. He stands to gain a lot of wealth if his projects succeed.

If you look into the details of this new city, you will understand that this is a tourist trap type of city with hotels and fancy high rise buildings but won't actually be visited or used by local Senegalese people. There's also the crypto "Akoin" gimmick to make things even more suspicious.

The president of Senegal gifted him 2000 acres of land only 5 minutes away from their airport so obviously it has potential to succeed but only if success means building a nice place for rich people to stay while they visit the country.

This aint for social justice, it's something to rival Eko Atlantic in Nigeria.

+8   

5 days ago '17        #31
space
space
 HugheStone said
No.
+3   

5 days ago '16        #32
Polife 
space
space
Props total: 1837 1 K  Slaps total: 166 166
 GodBody said

Akon is building an entire city, while Jay doesn’t even own a building in Brooklyn.
Don’t be fooled by headlines. I’ve been at tech events with his handlers. Akon is Ja Ruke Frye festival 2.0

5 days ago '17        #33
space
space
 pnostarr said
no props for following charlamagne and reposting his sht... and jump off jay nuts
While you’re catching feelings. Caping for a man you don’t know while Wearing your S.Dot Reebok’s

5 days ago '16        #34
HugheStone 
space
space
 4REAL said
Are you seriously asking this question? I can't tell if you are trolling. But if this is a serious question, the answer is NO. Jay-Z doesn't own the Brooklyn Nets, whatsoever.
Oh, okay, then Akon above him now.

5 days ago '16        #35
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
Props total: 3815 3 K  Slaps total: 1023 1 K
 Replicate45 said
The question you should be asking is what have the Red Cross and all these other orgsnizations done for people? They have been collecting billions of dollars throughout the years scamming people with orphan commercials.

One man does something for his country you question how are "actual people" when his track record speak for itself.
I question everything. By all means though, explain what exactly is Akon doing, how is he doing it, who's funding it and what do they expect back in return?

4REAL said
Can't Jay do more for his black people in Africa, though? A few years back, he was involved in a project where he brought water to remote villages in East Africa, if I can recall. Jay-Z should be doing more of that on the continent.
Jay family is from North America. I would think home come first. I don't know what else Jay can do for the 2nd largest place on the planet.
+1   

5 days ago '05        #36
4REAL 
space
space
 doseygabana said
Jay Z is a strategic business man. If it don't make dollars, it don't makes sense to him. He's just fulfilling his American dream and whatever social work he does is enough to make him feel good. Don't expect Jay to risk his money or his image (the NFL deal was bad enough).

Akon is trying to fulfill his vision of developing Africa but it's not all altruistic. He stands to gain a lot of wealth if his projects succeed.

If you look into the details of this new city, you will understand that this is a tourist trap type of city with hotels and fancy high rise buildings but won't actually be visited or used by local Senegalese people. There's also the crypto "Akoin" gimmick to make things even more suspicious.

The president of Senegal gifted him 2000 acres of land only 5 minutes away from their airport so obviously it has potential to succeed but only if success means building a nice place for rich people to stay while they visit the country.

This aint for social justice, it's something to rival Eko Atlantic in Nigeria.

These projects, whether for tourists or the rich will still bring money to the country. More money to the country can mean a bigger budget for better facilities, institutions, and can help the overall economy. So at the end of the day, if it benefits the nation, that benefit can descend to other areas.
+1   

5 days ago '08        #37
Skilly713 
space
space
space
Props total: 9998 9 K  Slaps total: 898 898
 HugheStone said
Own as much as you and I own the Rockets.

Jay aint the n*gga he rap himself out to be that's what rub folks wrong. Great rapper but he got weasel opportunistic ways. Can't even be mad at him the n*gga told you who he was out the gate.

Last edited by Skilly713; 01-15-2020 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: i
+3   

5 days ago '10        #38
Two02x3 
space
space
Props total: 11303 11 K  Slaps total: 3129 3 K
I don’t blame some of these rich a*s n*ggas for not helping. Y’all sound some scorned bi*ches in here. I’d leave y’all behind and not give you a dollar or nothing. And I’d sleep good that night too. n*ggas do all that criticiZing but you ask them about how they helped out their people and it’s crickets
+4   

5 days ago '05        #39
4REAL 
space
space
 Eastcoast said
Jay family is from North America. I would think home come first.
Exactly. Jay-Z's family is from the most advanced economy in the world with the most economic opportunities available. If you live in the same country as Jay-Z, you have the same opportunities to become a Jay-Z also.

Eastcoast said
I don't know what else Jay can do for the 2nd largest place on the planet.
There is a lot that can be done on the 2nd largest continent. What does the continent size have to do with support? Many African nations lack infrastructure and there is a world of opportunity for entrepreneurs to help bring about industries and facilities. Africa has been asking the sharpest minds to come to the continent to help them build, especially from us African Americans.

Africa has been telling us to come home since Nkrumah got Ghana their independence in the late 50s. Africa is rebuilding and wants our help. More of us need to answer the call. Instead, we sat back and let China go there and get first dibs in many projects over there. We need more of our millionaires and billionaires to help build up the continent and bridge that with the USA.

5 days ago '18        #40
doseygabana 
space
space
space
Props total: 4177 4 K  Slaps total: 1068 1 K
 4REAL said
These projects, whether for tourists or the rich will still bring money to the country. More money to the country can mean a bigger budget for better facilities, institutions, and can help the overall economy. So at the end of the day, if it benefits the nation, that benefit can descend to other areas.
That's probably how they sold the project to the people but it's not that clear cut. Trickle down economics is not good enough for a country like Senegal. They need real equity and revenue sharing in every major project (especially a greenfield city).

He has already said he wants it to be a "free trade area" which basically means little to no taxation and a free for all for international hedge funds. This is neoliberalism 101.

I know all too well what it means to have NGOs and Hedge Funds salivating to set up shop in a poor, resource rich country with underdeveloped government structures to hold them accountable.
+2   

5 days ago '17        #41
DeadendBoy 
space
space
Props total: 4238 4 K  Slaps total: 560 560
Akon doing his thing. Jay don’t announce everything he do so you can’t say he’s not. BX n*ggas annoy me

5 days ago '16        #42
HugheStone 
space
space
 Skilly713 said
Own as much as you and I own the Rockets.

Jay aint the n*gga he rap himself out to be that's what rub folks wrong. Great rapper but he got weasel opportunistic ways. Can't even be mad at him the n*gga told you who he was out the gate.
Ok. I just got used to Htown rappers telling like it is, not no fraud sh*t.
+1   

5 days ago '05        #43
tokinjohn 
space
space
Props total: 97422 97 K  Slaps total: 12671 12 K
 caboloon said

Samba Bathily

this guy is also part of Akon team

he and akon and more african are investing in my island Sao Vicente cape verde

They bought Hotels and wil Builting the biggest Studio in Africa
Say word, that's dope...I know Senegal close to CV...a good friend since childhood who moved to the states when he was little is from Dekar, he CV tho- my great grandparents are all from Brava.. Im from the CV capital in the states, lol

Last edited by tokinjohn; 01-15-2020 at 03:23 AM..

5 days ago '19        #44
Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 3361 3 K  Slaps total: 1265 1 K
 GodBody said
Smh y’all n*ggas be making so many excuses for your Lord and Savior Hov it’s disgusting. Akon do something it’s “oh he’s African, he’s using Chinese money.” Then it’s “Oh Tyler is gay”. Y’all n*ggas just can’t admit that they’re Black men out there doing more for Black people with way less resources and money that Jay has
So you see no problem with taken money from the Chinese for this town when Africa already had 20 times more from China it can't pay off anytime soon? Im glad Akon trying revitalize Africa but you can't truly revitalize Africa when China is deep in it's pockets
+3   

5 days ago '17        #45
space
space
 Free my soul said
So you see no problem with taken money from the Chinese for this town when Africa already had 20 times more from China it can't pay off anytime soon? Im glad Akon trying revitalize Africa but you can't truly revitalize Africa when China is deep in it's pockets
Umm you know Africa is not a country right? Akon is building a city inside of one African country. He’s not responsible for the entire continent! Come on people use other people’s money all the time to build sh*t, who cares. Hov has been using Live Nations money for years, does that make what he did at Roc Nation any less valid because he’s using the white mans money instead of the Chinese?

5 days ago '19        #46
Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 3361 3 K  Slaps total: 1265 1 K
 GodBody said
Umm you know Africa is not a country right? Akon is building a city inside of one African country. He’s not responsible for the entire continent! Come on people use other people’s money all the time to build sh*t, who cares. Hov has been using Live Nations money for years, does that make what he did at Roc Nation any less valid because he’s using the white mans money instead of the Chinese?
Jay can pay back the money he used from Roc nation, Akon dont got the money to pay back for Akonland big difference

5 days ago '05        #47
CartelFamill 
space
space
space
Props total: 5158 5 K  Slaps total: 582 582
Akon lighting Africa was Installing Solar Panels Out There and His Company was backed by Chinese Investors and the Panels was sold to him by them....The land for that City was Gifted to Akon by President....2000 Acres 5 Minutes from Airport...Run By Akoin....You don't think He has backing ? n*gga said on Drink Champs He had Billion Dollar Credit line wit China....Rich Muthafu*kas goin stay there and it bring Jobs for Country...Akon is getting Rich and Helping his people

Why Compare to Jayz?...Jayz is doin all kinds of sh*t in America.....He suing people behind Missi Prison k*llings....Reform Alliances Focus is on PA....That so called House arrest Tracking he invested in is Actual for Certain demographic of people who USUAL be locked up.....Bailing out father's...and protesters wit his own money...
+4   

5 days ago '17        #48
Exodus 313  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 13897 13 K  Slaps total: 10410 10 K
Jay z fans pathetic dude spend more money on cars and paintings than black people
+1   

5 days ago '14        #49
Tim Jay 
space
space
space
Props total: 18776 18 K  Slaps total: 2939 2 K

5 days ago '06        #50
anynameado 
space
space
Props total: 1803 1 K  Slaps total: 966 966
So Akon basically did something like this

But in real life
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  53
Video inside Selena Gomez Gets "Rare" Tattoo Amid Desperation To Beat Roddy Ricch On..
67 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  38
Video inside Power’s “Who Shot Ghost” Mystery Solved! Killer Revealed + More! [SPOIL..
155 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+61online now  34
7-Time Champ Robert Horry Says Only 'Idiots' Use Rings To Measure Greatness
124 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  20
It's disturbing that this kind of sh-t is standard practice from this nigg..
49 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy