NORE gettin' a call from Jay Z, after this... sayin: No Biggie, No Jayz

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
97 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '19        #26
sensational 
space
space
space
Props total: 570 570  Slaps total: 43 43
 ThatNigg22 said
Well Hov basically mimicked Biggie whole style
How so? Big my favorite rapper so genuinely curious. I’m also a bit ignorant

1 week ago '16        #27
Djackso2 
space
space
space
Props total: 1061 1 K  Slaps total: 277 277
Do you people know that Jay Z was in Jaz O’s video & On the album before Big & Tupac made a song?
+1   

1 week ago '13        #28
EZ Green 
space
space
Props total: 42027 42 K  Slaps total: 5707 5 K
 EastAfrican said
And you know damn well he was

Jay the goat wave rider, from ridin' the shiny suit era wit Mase and them to that grimey street sh*t wit DMX. Jay was never the leader of any era, just a follower, but somehow he survived them all, longevity.
Never the leader but he got people to put away jerseys, the first non athlete with a sneaker,etc etc etc. Yall hilarious. 25 years later and were acting like Jay got where he is by luck. Smh
+2   

1 week ago '07        #29
stogz 
space
space
Props total: 70180 70 K  Slaps total: 10419 10 K
 EZ Green said
What's your point? Jay admired big early in his career ? No sh*t
Yea, you have to be retarded. I explained myself quite clearly.

1 week ago '07        #30
stogz 
space
space
 sensational said
How so? Big my favorite rapper so genuinely curious. I’m also a bit ignorant
i explained it on the first page

1 week ago '13        #31
EZ Green 
space
space
 stogz said
Yea, you have to be retarded. I explained myself quite clearly.
Your argument is trash. Jay isn't creative? Foh
+1   

1 week ago '18        #32
EastAfrican  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12 OP
space
space
Props total: 16496 16 K  Slaps total: 3031 3 K
 EZ Green said
Never the leader but he got people to put away jerseys, the first non athlete with a sneaker,etc etc etc. Yall hilarious. 25 years later and were acting like Jay got where he is by luck. Smh
Mase was settin trends, and jay jumped on the bandwagon, then DMX came out , and Jay was ridin that too. I dont remember what trend this n*gga set tbh.
Even Nelly had n*ggas in the hood wit plaster on they face. Dipset who were signed to him were settin' trends thats more memorable than whatever trend u talkin bout Jay set.

1 week ago '13        #33
EZ Green 
space
space
 EastAfrican said
Mase was settin trends, and jay jumped on the bandwagon, then DMX came out , and Jay was ridin that too. I dont remember what trend this n*gga set tbh.
Even Nelly had n*ggas in the hood wit plaster on they face. Dipset who were signed to him were settin' trends thats more memorable than whatever trend u talkin bout Jay set.
I just told you 2 trends he set

1 week ago '19        #34
sensational 
space
space
space
Props total: 570 570  Slaps total: 43 43
 stogz said
i explained it on the first page
I’d have to do my own research on that. I’m a young n*gga. But the one point I can dispute is that jay was paying homage to big when he spit those lyrics. It ain’t like he took a whole verse. If my n*gga died I’d do the same thing for my bro.
+3   

1 week ago '18        #35
Therkiteckt 
space
space
space
Props total: 758 758  Slaps total: 92 92
 Black Excellence said
My comprehension is fine, you should look in the mirror tho.

Mimicking a whole style means you took their cadence, delivery & lyrics.

Using lines here and there is not mimicking a whole style.
Lil Zane Bit Pac style
Angelous Bit Jays style
Gorilla Black But Bigs style...(atleast on a few tracks)
I don't hear Jay and think Biggie... Ever. He gives it up for his boy but he never tried to sound like Big.
+4   

1 week ago '07        #36
stogz 
space
space
 sensational said
I’d have to do my own research on that. I’m a young n*gga. But the one point I can dispute is that jay was paying homage to big when he spit those lyrics. It ain’t like he took a whole verse. If my n*gga died I’d do the same thing for my bro.
It doesn't matter why he did it, all that matters is that he did it and had success doing it.

The initial conversation was about "Would there be a Jay as we know him, if it wasn't for Big". This sh*t has nothing to do with button up shirts or sneakers in 2004.

Jay been riding Big trends from 96 to this day. THAT'S the point.

1 week ago '13        #37
EZ Green 
space
space
Yall can't even think for yourselves. All your argument points come from Nas and cam and other people that went against Jay at some point. No original thought whatsoever. I'm glad I've been around awhile so I know all these tired a*s debates. sh*t is funny

Last edited by EZ Green; 01-12-2020 at 04:32 PM..
+5   

1 week ago '13        #38
EZ Green 
space
space
 stogz said
It doesn't matter why he did it, all that matters is that he did it and had success doing it.

The initial conversation was about "Would there be a Jay as we know him, if it wasn't for Big". This sh*t has nothing to do with button up shirts or sneakers in 2004.

Jay been riding Big trends from 96 to this day. THAT'S the point.
Stop poisoning the youth

1 week ago '07        #39
stogz 
space
space
 EZ Green said
Stop poisoning the youth
y'all were not even there... you don't know sh*t about what you are talking about.

1 week ago '17        #40
Sucka Repellent  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 49636 49 K  Slaps total: 12677 12 K
jay knew he was on his way back then...……

1 week ago '13        #41
EZ Green 
space
space
 stogz said
y'all were not even there... you don't know sh*t about what you are talking about.
Who's yall?

1 week ago '10        #42
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 55368 55 K  Slaps total: 6205 6 K
 Therkiteckt said
Lil Zane Bit Pac style
Angelous Bit Jays style
Gorilla Black But Bigs style...(atleast on a few tracks)
I don't hear Jay and think Biggie... Ever. He gives it up for his boy but he never tried to sound like Big.
Exactly.

You get it

Homie bugged out, he just wanted to rant about Jay and mask it as a legitimate argument.

+3   

1 week ago '04        #43
Cali 
space
space
Props total: 196 196  Slaps total: 27 27
 HARBINGER said
Rosenberg f*gget a*s tho

And this is why we get utter nonsense from dude.

Thanks Hov

1 week ago '10        #44
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 62423 62 K  Slaps total: 8438 8 K
you know how many people i heard was responsible for making hov? he told you in lost ones...okay make another hov
+4   

1 week ago '18        #45
Therkiteckt 
space
space
space
Props total: 758 758  Slaps total: 92 92
People (boxden) just like hating on dude. I never understood it.
Her rhyme better than most
he lasted longer than most
he richer than all.
He handled his from the start Musically and business wise and he put n*ggas on. He's even at a point where his old enemies are in the mix. Yet pepper behind keyboards still stuck on ether or old beefs... It's confusing af. Ms Wallace has said Jay is there for her. And big didn't look at Jay as no underling. That was his peer.
+3   

1 week ago '07        #46
A-L-P 
space
space
space
Props total: 4670 4 K  Slaps total: 525 525
 jaynat603 said
My mirror just fine, you should just say no to drugs tho. Mimicking is biting flat out ain't no in between.
I can think of over 10 examples off the top where Big either mimicked other rapper's style, imagery, or quoted their lines. Big did a whole interview in 95' where he literally said he's cool with "biting".
+2   

1 week ago '04        #47
xbossxplayax 
space
space
Props total: 6341 6 K  Slaps total: 1531 1 K
Why is nore talking side of his mouf bout jigga lately? Some else brewing in da background? Was he not invited to one of roc nation brunches or sum?

Being able to set trend should be secondary to music. Jay had a strong co-sign in biggie and the fact that they both repped BK didnt hurt at all, but they had diff lanes. If anything biggie turnt all versace and playa after reese nibbled out and vol. 1 already done painted that silky mafioso imagery first. But jigga looked hella soft and almost like an obedient trainee next to kane, jazo and biggie so ppl’s preconception was that oh that du must be comfortable only when hes second to someone. Even with dame by his side his whole image was that shiny du while dame did all the blabbering. So it took folks by even more a surprise when he somehow turned out to be a powerhouse by hisself after all his mentors and mouthpiece were no longer in the picture. To most folks mind he needed biggie. He needed foxy. He needed puffy. But voila he beat the odds and standing shoulder to shoulder with puffy now. Thats something that doesnt sit right with a lot of ppl i think

1 week ago '18        #48
EastAfrican  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12 OP
space
space
Props total: 16496 16 K  Slaps total: 3031 3 K
 A-L-P said
I can think of over 10 examples off the top where Big either mimicked other rapper's style, imagery, or quoted their lines. Big did a whole interview in 95' where he literally said he's cool with "biting".
Thats why Raekwon had a problem wit him? Cuz he thought BIG was bitin him or somethin? I remember hearin something about that...my memory lil blurry tho
+1   

1 week ago '14        #49
Sphynx 
space
space
Props total: 59201 59 K  Slaps total: 18504 18 K
 ThatNigg22 said
Well Hov basically mimicked Biggie whole style
What he gon with it? He dead

1 week ago '19        #50
AnuthaOne 
space
space
space
Props total: 1475 1 K  Slaps total: 866 866
 Djackso2 said
Do you people know that Jay Z was in Jaz O’s video & On the album before Big & Tupac made a song?
youre missing the point totally
jay crafted his identity as a performer grabbing bits and pieces of other performers schtick
he jacked a bunch of sh*t from snoop dogg word for word

but the point brought up earlier
about copying biggies blueprint exactly. foxy to be his kim, the commission, etc
jay that wave rider

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  53
Video inside Selena Gomez Gets "Rare" Tattoo Amid Desperation To Beat Roddy Ricch On..
68 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  42
Video inside Power’s “Who Shot Ghost” Mystery Solved! Killer Revealed + More! [SPOIL..
157 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+62online now  25
7-Time Champ Robert Horry Says Only 'Idiots' Use Rings To Measure Greatness
126 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  19
It's disturbing that this kind of sh-t is standard practice from this nigg..
49 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy