Battle Rapper Bruce Franks Jr. aka Ooops is Nominated For An Oscar!

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '05        #1
1063 page views
22 comments

Suavebeatz 
space
space
Props total: 37837 37 K  Slaps total: 4456 4 K
Battle Rapper Bruce Franks Jr. aka Ooops is Nominated For An Oscar!

Author: Dori Olmos
Published: 8:58 AM CST January 13, 2020
Updated: 11:44 AM CST January 13, 2020
ST. LOUIS — A documentary based on a St. Louis man has been nominated for an Academy Award.

“St. Louis Superman” is based on Bruce Franks Jr. and his journey as a battle rapper, Ferguson activist and state representative in Missouri.

‘Known as Superman to his constituents, he is a political figure the likes of which you've never seen - full of contradictions and deep insights, who has overcome unspeakable loss to become one of the most exciting and unapologetic young leaders in the country. This short verité documentary follows Bruce at a critical juncture in his life, when he is forced to deal with the mental trauma he's been carrying for the nearly 30 years since his 9-year-old brother was shot and k*lled in front of him, in order to find peace and truly fulfill his destiny as a leader for his community,’ a summary on IMBD reads.

“St. Louis Superman” directors Smriti Mundhra and Sami Khan were nominated in the Documentary Short category of the Oscars.

Franks reacted to the news on Twitter by writing, "Aye y'all! I'm Oscar Nominated!"

Here is the full list of nominees in the category:

In the Absence
Learning to skateboard in a warzone (if you’re a girl)
Life overtakes me
St. Louis Superman
Walk run cha-cha
You can watch the trailer for "St. Louis Superman" in the video below.

Clap for em!
+18   

best
worst
22 comments

2 weeks ago '06        #2
fallguy 
space
space
Props total: 2261 2 K  Slaps total: 50 50
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #3
Rockstar718 
space
space
Props total: 18534 18 K  Slaps total: 1722 1 K
This is dope!

I hope he wins
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #4
se15tips 
space
space
space
Props total: 8995 8 K  Slaps total: 512 512
should have got 1 for his 3rd round against daylyt alone!
+10   

2 weeks ago '19        #5
antisocialite 
space
space
space
Props total: 85 85  Slaps total: 31 31
i went to college with oops, he's always been a stand up guy of character, even when we wasn't legit with our life choices he's always been 10 toes down. we're a*sociates because we frequent the same circles & have mutual friends, so we're always cordial, mans has been thru a lot in life, i hope he gets it.
+14   

2 weeks ago '16        #6
NatBurner 
space
space
Props total: 8767 8 K  Slaps total: 1184 1 K
Damn my Nigha a battle rapper a state rep and Oscar nominated that’s dope as hell
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #7
Brok3nImag3s 
space
space
Props total: 7473 7 K  Slaps total: 288 288
Dope

2 weeks ago '19        #8
Itsarapforum  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 587 587  Slaps total: 269 269
 antisocialite said
i went to college with oops, he's always been a stand up guy of character, even when we wasn't legit with our life choices he's always been 10 toes down. we're a*sociates because we frequent the same circles & have mutual friends, so we're always cordial, mans has been thru a lot in life, i hope he gets it.
The same guy who was voted into the house of representatives, got caught stealing a bunch of money and writing checks to himself then resigned for "mental health" reasons? That guy?
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #9
antisocialite 
space
space
space
 Itsarapforum said
The same guy who was voted into the house of representatives, got caught stealing a bunch of money and writing checks to himself then resigned for "mental health" reasons? That guy?
yep, the same sh*t white people do & you all say nothing about : )
+7   

2 weeks ago '06        #10
soso24 
space
space
Props total: 19456 19 K  Slaps total: 3380 3 K
Ooops vs Daylyt

Ooops vs O-Red

CLASSICS!!!
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #11
space
space
space
 antisocialite said
yep, the same sh*t white people do & you all say nothing about : )
What white politician is a battle rapper and gets threads made about them on boxden? If there is any, I probably don't trust them either. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Ooops is a fitting name.

2 weeks ago '19        #12
antisocialite 
space
space
space
 Itsarapforum said
What white politician is a battle rapper and gets threads made about them on boxden? If there is any, I probably don't trust them either. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Ooops is a fitting name.

yea you slow slow ... poor fella doesn't know what comprehension means.

2 weeks ago '19        #13
space
space
space
 antisocialite said
yea you slow slow ... poor fella doesn't know what comprehension means.
Maybe so but Ooops is slow slow slow blowing his political career for some petty scams and claiming bankruptcy. Now with this Oscar nomination he's all up on Twitter talking bout his price just went up and small leagues better have that deposit. The man is a grifter.

Last edited by Itsarapforum; 01-14-2020 at 06:36 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #14
CheebaHawk21 
space
space
Props total: 22208 22 K  Slaps total: 2293 2 K
 se15tips said
should have got 1 for his 3rd round against daylyt alone!

My dude, I tear up every time I watch that sh*t........This sh*t hit different when you took care of your Mother all the way through her battle with brain cancer.......

28:13

Last edited by CheebaHawk21; 01-14-2020 at 07:15 PM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #15
antisocialite 
space
space
space
 Itsarapforum said
Maybe so but Ooops is slow slow slow blowing his political career for some petty scams and claiming bankruptcy. Now with this Oscar nomination he's all up on Twitter talking bout his price just went up and small leagues better have that deposit. The man is a grifter.
fam we don't trip off n*ggas like you who never jumped off the porch & done sh*t with your petty existence, all you've done was type type type, the type that would get his jaw tested on the darkside, the type that wasn't there with big syl from the jvl, speaking down on a man that's done more in 5 years than you've done with your life, there's a reason the youth listen to oops in these streets, do the math dummy, you better be blessed n*ggas went legit or you'd probably just be another victim. you just another social media keyboard warrior who sees life thru rose colored lenses. instead of talking about another man, do something useful with ya own life, that's right you cant, cuz the best part of you is still stuck to a handrail ya sister slid down in the 7th grade, enjoy the projects n*gga.

2 weeks ago '19        #16
Beach city 
space
space
Props total: 1088 1 K  Slaps total: 138 138
Congrats

2 weeks ago '17        #17
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 47285 47 K  Slaps total: 12307 12 K
 antisocialite said
fam. enjoy the projects n*gga.

2 weeks ago '15        #18
se15tips 
space
space
space
Props total: 8995 8 K  Slaps total: 512 512
 CheebaHawk21 said
My dude, I tear up every time I watch that sh*t........This sh*t hit different when you took care of your Mother all the way through her battle with brain cancer.......

28:13

Even when you wrong, I'm right with you..

No punchline, double ententre or name flip will better real life sh*t.

I'm an only child, had to help my mother out when she was sick 2.

Prayers and love to you and yours fam
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #19
space
space
space
 antisocialite said
fam we don't trip off n*ggas like you who never jumped off the porch & done sh*t with your petty existence, all you've done was type type type, the type that would get his jaw tested on the darkside, the type that wasn't there with big syl from the jvl, speaking down on a man that's done more in 5 years than you've done with your life, there's a reason the youth listen to oops in these streets, do the math dummy, you better be blessed n*ggas went legit or you'd probably just be another victim. you just another social media keyboard warrior who sees life thru rose colored lenses. instead of talking about another man, do something useful with ya own life, that's right you cant, cuz the best part of you is still stuck to a handrail ya sister slid down in the 7th grade, enjoy the projects n*gga.
I don't have a porch or a sister but your man Ooop's people have been involved in putting false convictions on me and have been recently in touch with the police trying to put more false charges on me.

2 weeks ago '19        #20
SmoothasEver 
space
space
space
Props total: 1238 1 K  Slaps total: 167 167
Congrats big dog!

2 weeks ago '06        #21
BxRePrEsEnTa718 
space
space
Props total: 360 360  Slaps total: 17 17
That 3rd round vs daylyt touched ya soul might have to watch that battle again after work

2 weeks ago '19        #22
space
space
space
I never read this until now. Maybe I can't relate to Bruce Franks Jr. the politician but I can relate to this story about wanting to k*ll himself, suffering from anxiety and depression while losing the people you care about.

'The toughest battle was with myself:' Bruce Franks Jr. is leaving St. Louis to heal

2 weeks ago '13        #23
CheebaHawk21 
space
space
Props total: 22208 22 K  Slaps total: 2293 2 K
 se15tips said
Even when you wrong, I'm right with you..

No punchline, double ententre or name flip will better real life sh*t.

I'm an only child, had to help my mother out when she was sick 2.

Prayers and love to you and yours fam
All Facts......Much love my n*gga, much apreciated....
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Heartbreaking: Video of Kobe Bryant's Helicopter Crash Site
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  30
Article inside Chadwick Boseman reportedly unhappy about Marvel's plans for a new Bl..
92 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  18
SPOOKY: 2017 Cartoon Prophesizes KOBE BRYANT Helicopter Crash!!!
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-59online now  14
Jan 26 - Unknown Comedian Ari Shaffir disrespects Kobe’s death!
257 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy