Even before USA loss, Heatís BD Dragic questioned World Cup legitimacy

most viewed right now
+24  228
362 comments @sports
most viewed right now
+31  94
80 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 week ago '14        #1
191 page views
2 comments

CEITEDMOFO  633 heat pts633
space
space
$26,310 | Props total: 37166 37166
Even before USA loss, Heatís BD Dragic questioned World Cup legitimacy

Even before the United States lost Wednesday to France and was eliminated from medal contention, Miami Heat guard Goran Dragic viewed the event as less than a true world championship.
Because of the revised procedure for the event, which included qualifying games during the NBA season, Dragic and emerging NBA star Luka Doncic were unable to participate. That kept Slovenia, the defending European champion, out of the competition. The United States, by contrast, qualified behind the play of rosters cobbled together from the G League.

“If I’m honest,” Dragic said after returning from Slovenia to resume training at AmericanAirlines Arena, “I don’t even watch it because I feel like this World Cup is not the best by quality with all the best European teams. Some of them didn’t qualify because of changing the rules. FIBA made qualification throughout the season, so all the best players couldn’t play.”

With the World Cup also serving as the primary qualifier for next summer's Japan Olympics, it puts Slovenia in another difficult position. The United States qualified for the Olympics by reaching the quarterfinals of the World Cup, a run that ended with Wednesday's 89-79 loss to France in China.

@ahonui06 @Cartel-Clipz @Captain Fresh @MischiefTooReal @sigNN @dadon85 @NLSP42 @brainless @Pats5SuperBowls @keithbm1111 @Gunroe NuYawk @dnycem @gimmethat @SoulEater @Soraci7 @Dray @Gortexmethod @Boogi3 @bkid @[Trini Yute] @TriniSoldier @Gautama @Gold Siddartha @Dmart617 @Lite @Rondooooooo @elvisfreshly @Da jolof Rice @Broseph Stalin @BossTonMA @Black Naja haje @Boo The Fool @Golden Buddha @Fauby @Kwestluv91 @keep me young @eucalyptus @DJ Maximum|M @Junior G @LeastLoved @GrindPOWER$ @rich21886 @Toss @youngsiz @twizzytwo22 @Kid_Matrix @Mami Wata @SickBlitz @xclusive2k5 @{XtoDaZ} @Boogie14 @cdub12344321 @ya @Jacques Derrida @LuffyD @Yankees Suck @JudasHatesJesus @Korsgaard @AHernsGun @Left Hook @SnowFleury @Eljefe617 @black cobra @iDaPappy @Jumpoff86 @Boston
@LiVeWiRe83 @genobee @Glock Rivers @JGunnaWP @RandyManSavag3

best
worst
2 comments

1 week ago '17        #2
sedwards  15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,494 | Props total: 8806 8806
n*ggas slapping but aint clearly read Dragon's statement

all he's saying is that him Luka and Slovenia shoulve been in the tourney with other Euro teams and I dont blame him Slovenia couldve been a medal finish team clearly

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '05        #3
Colin Cowherd  287 heat pts287
space
space
$40,541 | Props total: 47223 47223
 CEITEDMOFO said

Even before the United States lost Wednesday to France and was eliminated from medal contention, Miami Heat guard Goran Dragic viewed the event as less than a true world championship.

Because of the revised procedure for the event, which included qualifying games during the NBA season, Dragic and emerging NBA star Luka Doncic were unable to participate. That kept Slovenia, the defending European champion, out of the competition. The United States, by contrast, qualified behind the play of rosters cobbled together from the G League.

ďIf Iím honest,Ē Dragic said after returning from Slovenia to resume training at AmericanAirlines Arena, ďI donít even watch it because I feel like this World Cup is not the best by quality with all the best European teams. Some of them didnít qualify because of changing the rules. FIBA made qualification throughout the season, so all the best players couldnít play.Ē

With the World Cup also serving as the primary qualifier for next summer's Japan Olympics, it puts Slovenia in another difficult position. The United States qualified for the Olympics by reaching the quarterfinals of the World Cup, a run that ended with Wednesday's 89-79 loss to France in China.

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @inless @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ Siddartha @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @|M @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @poff86 @
@ @ @ @ @

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  38
A Black Houston police officer shot and killed a couple of white suspected dr..
87 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  32
Sep 18 - Police Shutdown an Illegal IPTV Service With 50 Million Subscribers
132 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  26
Image(s) inside Rising Jax Florida Rapper Baby Soulja arrested for Georgia Homicide!
90 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+42online now  21
Audio from Jim Jones, Mel Matrix wiretap
299 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy