Which Special Yall Like Better Chappelle or Burr

section  x2   |  1 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

?
dave 108 83.72%
burr 21 16.28%
other , name them bellow 0 0%
Voters: 129.   (BX member poll)

Top 10 most propped recently  5 days ago '14        #51
G.W.  279 heat pts279
space
space
$26,994 | Props total: 53930 53930
I just started this sh*t. I can’t fu*k with the Michelle Obama sh*t

5 days ago '17        #52
O1as  384 heat pts384
space
space
$10,043 | Props total: 23344 23344
 SupremeBeing5 said
Section 80, GKMC, TPAB are masterpieces.

Idk a Lupe Album better than Section 80 or Control System by Ab Soul.

I’m smoking fentanyl because that’s my opinion? No. Just my opinion.
Look bruh on skills/lyrics alone those albums you mentioned aren't on Lu's level. Especially ab souls. JMO.

5 days ago '15        #53
thirssty58  6 heat pts6
space
space
$14,932 | Props total: 23450 23450
I want to like burr and hes got a black wife and all but certain jokes dont sit well with me, the plane joke for one there was another joke how black arent capable of real evil he which is good i guess but he gives some backhanded compliments sometimes

Last edited by thirssty58; 09-10-2019 at 10:29 PM..

5 days ago '07        #54
ptwist  50 heat pts50
space
space
$18,070 | Props total: 12432 12432
 Espo_Nanza said
You just have to go up and do it. Yah you'll suck. A lot, and have crickets cheering, but you'll find your voice. I frequent comedy clubs everywhere I go. I especially love the comedy store. I seen Chappelle there twice on a Tuesday at around midnight... just do it like Nike do

Yessir ... I know in the epilogue when he’s answering the question for dude who randomly wanted to be a comedian, it’s only really the best advice he can give anyone just starting off.

You just gotta fu*king do it. You’ll learn the craft of joke writing and timing when you start bombing first. Just get up on stage and start telling jokes.

While I’m here with the rest of you stand up lovers.

I thought it was really dope that even Chappelle acknowledged there’s still levels to this sh*t with Eddie Murphy.

Last edited by ptwist; 09-10-2019 at 11:34 PM..
+1   

5 days ago '11        #55
Kade  10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$6,036 | Props total: 7031 7031
Burr and Chappelle are the goats... I ain't choosing.

5 days ago '14        #56
rashadd 
space
space
$1,798 | Props total: 6766 6766
Yeah this was a boss move on Netflix part. Just needed Patrice O'neal to drop one after these 2. B/c I'm sure during these times as "offensive" as Bill and Dave are, Patrice would have put it over the top...

+1   

5 days ago '14        #57
Comicsnow  144 heat pts144 OP
space
space
$3,507 | Props total: 14422 14422
 G.W. said
But you get his point tho right , like what would the first lady or Oprah's husband need to say that fills up books and stadiums and why is thier a audience for that

And answered it when he said thier will be a female president and bi*ches cheered without knowing her policies or anything other than same genitalia

Not sure if this example works
It be like if drake baby moma put out a book and filled stadiums, what could she say in a book and stadiums that couldn't have said in 15 tweets , ....25 tops
+1   

5 days ago '04        #58
DERRTY CHYBO  14 heat pts14
space
space
$12,257 | Props total: 2461 2461
 marx1684 said
I'm about to catch up Bill's special in a bit. My man deserves first name status. The other one is....

George Carlin doesn't get enough respect on his name.
who doesn't give carlin credit though? he's often considered atleast a top 5 comedian of all time if not the top 1 or 2
+3   

5 days ago '05        #59
FalconBuddha  24 heat pts24
space
space
$9,034 | Props total: 4641 4641
Both were great, but I have to go with Bill, maybe I'm bias cause he's my favorite, but I was dying laughing this special

5 days ago '05        #60
space
space
Also to the guy who mentioned Segura..... Good call, the more I watch of him the funnier he gets

5 days ago '05        #61
BurninLz  36 heat pts36
space
space
$11,364 | Props total: 5084 5084
They're both great and i love how many people they have triggered

Two of the GOATs
+1   

5 days ago '14        #62
space
space
 FalconBuddha said
Also to the guy who mentioned Segura..... Good call, the more I watch of him the funnier he gets
Joey diaz funny to , he like random funny

Even tho this not a joey joke I think it personifies how I look at his comedy , some random sh*t that gets funnier the longer he goes

+1   

5 days ago '05        #63
space
space
 Comicsnow said
Joey diaz funny to , he like random funny

Even tho this not a joey joke I think it personifies how I look at his comedy , some random sh*t that gets funnier the longer he goes

Egh, ive tried to like Joey, i really have because of so many people (including other comedians) talking about him and hyping him up, but i just dont find him funny

5 days ago '14        #64
space
space
 FalconBuddha said
Egh, ive tried to like Joey, i really have because of so many people (including other comedians) talking about him and hyping him up, but i just dont find him funny
i could see that , its subjective , same reason i aint say whos special better but who special yall like more
+2   

5 days ago '05        #65
space
space
 Comicsnow said
i could see that , its subjective , same reason i aint say whos special better but who special yall like more
Yup agree 100%, thats why i dont really recommend certain comedians when talking to some of my friends

Like i love listening to guys like Mitch Hedberg (RIP) and Norm Macdonald, but i know they arent for everyone. Everyones got unique tastes when it comes to comedy
+1   

5 days ago '16        #66
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
$2,323 | Props total: 3121 3121
Dave is a way better storyteller and much more holds much more authority over the casual audience when it comes to his opinions within his stand up material. That say, Dave's special wasn't really ha ha funny to me. It was a great special. But it really just had me like
most of the time. I got the jokes, i loved the build ups but it wasn't hilarious and that takes nothing away from it. Somewhere while watching, i became ok with not laughing and just taking in the message.

Burr's special was more of the same: bashing women and Millennials, Liberals and conservatives and he touched on the social climate and wasn't afraid to push his boundaries. He laughed from beginning to end. I think the bit that got the hardest laugh out of me was when he talked about watching a documentary about Elvis and his wife sat down and started watching with him.. I won't spoil it but i felt that in my soul and i was crying laughing. just to give you a glimpse of my humor.

It could go either way, depending on what you're looking for in your comedy but they were two different specials. I'd hate to pit them against each other in any way.
+1   

5 days ago '16        #67
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
 G.W. said
lmao. if you're gonna laugh at the sh*t he says about white people, you're gonna have to take the sh*t he says about black people. the joke takes a reallllyy funny turn though. it's not an all-out a*sault on the obamas.
+1   

5 days ago '16        #68
TrillSp  23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,433 | Props total: 11255 11255
 marx1684 said
I'm about to catch up Bill's special in a bit. My man deserves first name status. The other one is....

George Carlin doesn't get enough respect on his name.
Legend 💯💯
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  5 days ago '14        #69
G.W.  279 heat pts279
space
space
 BraveSoleXIII said
lmao. if you're gonna laugh at the sh*t he says about white people, you're gonna have to take the sh*t he says about black people. the joke takes a reallllyy funny turn though. it's not an all-out a*sault on the obamas.
I’m actually white. I just found it tasteless. I love bill burr. Made it about half way through and everything else was great. I plan to finish it tonight. I just thought he was way off with that segment.

5 days ago '14        #70
space
space
 FalconBuddha said
Yup agree 100%, thats why i dont really recommend certain comedians when talking to some of my friends

Like i love listening to guys like Mitch Hedberg (RIP) and Norm Macdonald, but i know they arent for everyone. Everyones got unique tastes when it comes to comedy
yeah i fu*k wit mitch , he funny if you sober but is a genius if you high , but a singel clip dont do him justice because you gotta know his act to get it

Abbott & Costello

+1   

5 days ago '05        #71
space
space
 G.W. said
I just thought he was way off with that segment.
Really? Cause i thought he was spot on with it
I really dont get why she would write a book or why people would go see her on tour about it. Doesnt make any sense

Hes not saying any saying anything specifically bad about her, just about the situation

5 days ago '14        #72
space
space
these just some one offs

5 days ago '05        #73
space
space
 Comicsnow said
yeah i fu*k wit mitch , he funny if you sober but is a genius if you high , but a singel clip dont do him justice because you gotta know his act to get it

Abbott & Costello
Dude ive watched\listened to Mitchs albums dozens of times and still crack me up to this day
"I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an escalator temporarily out of order sign, only an escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

"A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  5 days ago '14        #74
G.W.  279 heat pts279
space
space
 FalconBuddha said
Really? Cause i thought he was spot on with it
I really dont get why she would write a book or why people would go see her on tour about it. Doesnt make any sense

Hes not saying any saying anything specifically bad about her, just about the situation
Because I think if anyone did anything to separate herself from simply being the “First Lady”, it was her. She’s not only extremely intelligent and well spoken but has become a role model for young black women.

Now if Malaria goes on to write a book and do a world tour then we can joke.

5 days ago '16        #75
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
 G.W. said
I’m actually white. I just found it tasteless. I love bill burr. Made it about half way through and everything else was great. I plan to finish it tonight. I just thought he was way off with that segment.
Lol I feel you. I think he had to go all the way left in order to cover the entire spectrum with that one. It made me slightly uncomfortable too. Then i was like aiigghhtt, I see what you’re doing.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  29
bianca bel air proves that ncaa athletes are the hardest working people ..
45 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+35online now  27
Video inside What Happened To Braxton From 'The Jamie Foxx Show'?
62 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+17online now  26
Sep 14 - online drug trafficker plotted to sell fake oxy and xanax laced with..
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+90online now  15
Video inside REVOLTtv: T.I. goes T.I.P. Luther the KING on Candance Owens
158 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy