Which Special Yall Like Better Chappelle or Burr

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

?
dave 116 82.86%
burr 24 17.14%
other , name them bellow 0 0%
Voters: 140.   (BX member poll)

2 weeks ago '05        #26
Espo_Nanza 
space
space
space
$1,147 | Props total: 1762 1762
I saw both specials in person here in NYC. It's crazy because in person, the Burr one was hilarious, while on TV it was aight, while the Chappelle was funny as fu*k both in person and on TV. Chappelle but by an edge imo
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #27
Espo_Nanza 
space
space
space
 bmf24eva said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Don't sleep. Dude is funny as fu*k

2 weeks ago '10        #28
Big Louie Guwop  181 heat pts181
space
space
$15,994 | Props total: 23790 23790
 PROV said
Burr is more consistent, Dave is more brilliant
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #29
anynameado  17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,355 | Props total: 1760 1760
Who tf is Burr?

2 weeks ago '14        #30
Comicsnow  144 heat pts144 OP
space
space
$3,512 | Props total: 14455 14455
 ptwist said
Legit seen the Dave special 4 times... 2 actually trying to get a good laugh, 1 to analyze his structure of the show, and one on the road from Vegas to LA to pass time.

Still had many moments I was cracking up.

I'll check the BB special tonight and will come back with an opinion.
n*gga I did the exact same thing ,I watched two times to laugh the last 3 to anylize all the things he did

Like him wearing the grounds keeper uniform as a call back to other special

Or how he manipulated the crowd to say trump

Peep he brought up a president taking advantage of a minority, then did a voice in the cadence
( not the tone ) of how n*ggas do impressions of trump broken up by Duhs to imply stupidity

Then peep his hand gesture when he said
You're finished , it matches what trump on show You're fired scenens it was subtle sh*t like that I'm payin attention to , or like how like when he laugh it breaks the tension on a joke before crowd can think how they feel

If you cant tell I love comedy , my comedy reconciles paradox is from chappelle

I'm interested in doing comedy , i want to do this isn't happening , and wear a bx t-shirt , but I gotta get in these Florida comedy clubs to see how it's done live and to find open mice to practice

...... damn my bad wanted to say I did same sh*t , then fu*ked around gave a life story full of my Hope's dreams and asperations
+4   

2 weeks ago '07        #31
ptwist  50 heat pts50
space
space
$18,082 | Props total: 12473 12473
 Espo_Nanza said
I saw both specials in person here in NYC. It's crazy because in person, the Burr one was hilarious, while on TV it was aight, while the Chappelle was funny as fu*k both in person and on TV. Chappelle but by an edge imo
Dave be pulling out tricks in every special and just k*lls it. I know not many enjoy Age of Spin but I thought it was dope how he told (4) stories of meeting OJ and every joke was presented differently to show how time passes and how their fame changed with each passing experience.

Then in Equanimity, he told the joke backwards and revealed the punchline at the beginning of the show, and hit you with it 3 times to bigger laughs each time.

And now in Sticks and Stones, he flat out sh*tted on the audience with their “impression” (in comedy that’s a big no no) at the start of the show and STILL got them all on his side AFTER he went after every group. That wasn’t just to set up the tone, it was by design to show how he can flip an audience after insulting them.

GOAT sh*t

2 weeks ago '07        #32
ptwist  50 heat pts50
space
space
$18,082 | Props total: 12473 12473
 Comicsnow said
n*gga I did the exact same thing ,I watched two times to laugh the last 3 to anylize all the things he did

Peep he brought up a president taking advantage of a minority, then did a voice in the cadence
( not the tone ) of how n*ggas do impressions of trump broken up by Duhs to imply stupidity

You're finished , it matches what trump on show You're fired scenens it was subtle sh*t like that I'm payin attention to , or like how like when he laugh it breaks the tension on a joke before crowd can think how they feel

I'm interested in doing comedy , i want to do this isn't happening , and wear a bx t-shirt , but I gotta get in these Florida comedy clubs to see how it's done live and to find open mice to practice

...... damn my bad wanted to say I did same sh*t , then fu*ked around gave a life story full of my Hope's dreams and asperations
Peep my last post above. I broke down how Chappelle is using each Netflix special and treating this sh*t like David Copperfiled with how he manipulates an audience under the premise of stand up.

And let’s not undersell his “B side” shows like the The Bird Revelations and the Epilogue. He put those there for a reason, not just as an encore performance... But to actually vibe and chill with the audience for a little bit. He’s still there to
Make you laugh, but you get a better sense for who he is as a person and he can still drive home a story as well.

Edit - I’m going to re-edit and chat about your finds too fam. Dope sh*t you caught.

Last edited by ptwist; 09-10-2019 at 07:35 PM..

2 weeks ago '14        #33
space
space
 ptwist said
Dave be pulling out tricks in every special and just k*lls it. I know not many enjoy Age of Spin but I thought it was dope how he told (4) stories of meeting OJ and every joke was presented differently to show how time passes and how their fame changed with each passing experience.

Then in Equanimity, he told the joke backwards and revealed the punchline at the beginning of the show, and hit you with it 3 times to bigger laughs each time.

And now in Sticks and Stones, he flat out sh*tted on the audience with their “impression” (in comedy that’s a big no no) at the start of the show and STILL got them all on his side AFTER he went after every group. That wasn’t just to set up the tone, it was by design to show how he can flip an audience after insulting them.

GOAT sh*t
My n*gga dont sleep on bird revelation , got blazed and watched it like a science experiment
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #34
space
space
 ptwist said
Peep my last post above. I broke down how Chappelle is using each Netflix special and treating this sh*t like David Copperfiled with how he manipulates an audience under the premise of stand up.

And let’s not undersell his “B side” shows like the The Bird Revelations and the Epilogue. He put those there for a reason, not just as an encore performance... But to actually vibe and chill with the audience for a little bit. He’s still there to
Make you laugh, but you get a better sense for who he is as a person and he can still drive home a story as well.
great minds

2 weeks ago '14        #35
space
space
While I'm here wanna big up Patrice a fu*king legend

And sam morrill in same vein of comedy

It's a couple others , I'm just to busy to post them all

Last edited by Comicsnow; 09-10-2019 at 07:47 PM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #36
rnfufbx  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 2937 2937
haven't seen burr yet but I've met both they both cool as fu*k

2 weeks ago '07        #37
TH35  113 heat pts113
space
space
$94,823 | Props total: 21989 21989
Meant to watch Bill Burr's last night ill check it out tonight

2 weeks ago '04        #38
web3x 
space
space
$1,437 | Props total: 224 224
Burr is hilarious. I think he just went too long

2 weeks ago '14        #39
space
space
 web3x said
Burr is hilarious. I think he just went too long
As in career or this special ?

comedy is all about vibes if a comedian has multiple meh specials in a row I move on , other then that you can chalk it up to a off night , cuz his special before this show he still nice

2 weeks ago '12        #40
44wade  315 heat pts315
space
space
space
$29,068 | Props total: 19425 19425
literally just finished.

its not even close.

Chappelle.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #41
blackdel93  2 heat pts2
space
space
$607 | Props total: 599 599
 octane said
True but to understand the jesus of it, you have to go back. Also if you go back and you still laugh proves the elite level the comedy is. There are certain comics, I can watch their special as many times as you want. Patrice Oneal - Elephant in the Room is on Repeat. Chris Rock - Bring the Pain on repeat. Chappelle - Sticks and Stones and k*lling Me Softly on repeat. Richard Pryor - Is it Something I Said and This n*gga is crazy on repeat. Bill Burr - You people are all the Same on repear. Louie CK - Chewed up on repeat.
I get what you saying when you put it that way. I can watch Eddie Murphy - Raw any day of the week and still love it.

Btw, I gotta check out a few that you mentioned.

2 weeks ago '18        #42
ordoabchao  33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$5,314 | Props total: 8609 8609
 Dash said
Dave is more 'strategic' that he used to be but he's NOWHERE near as funny

He's still good but I think this shyt is overrated. The voice, the vocal inflictions, not the same any more.
I disagree about the not as funny anymore part, but I do think that the cigarette smoking and whatever steroids he was on affected his voice and vocal inflection. It's definitely not the same as For What It's Worth.....

Last edited by ordoabchao; 09-10-2019 at 08:58 PM..

2 weeks ago '04        #43
web3x 
space
space
$1,437 | Props total: 224 224
 Comicsnow said
As in career or this special ?

comedy is all about vibes if a comedian has multiple meh specials in a row I move on , other then that you can chalk it up to a off night , cuz his special before this show he still nice
I was referring to this special. I feel like he could have lost about 20-25 minutes of this one.

2 weeks ago '18        #44
ordoabchao  33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$5,314 | Props total: 8609 8609
Rewatch Dave's Austin City Limits Special.....

That sh*t was damn near fu*king perfect. Timing, Delivery, Content....

Definitely on par with For What It's Worth & k*lling 'Em Softly

2 weeks ago '17        #45
SupremeBeing5  1 heat pts1
space
space
$2,012 | Props total: 5728 5728
WHO cares which one was better.

Both good.

Thats like asking me who better, Lupe or Early Kendrick.

2 weeks ago '05        #46
TripleBeamKing 
space
space
$500 | Props total: 196 196
Daves was better, I enjoyed burrs but its not even close

2 weeks ago '17        #47
O1as  385 heat pts385
space
space
$10,094 | Props total: 23484 23484
Chappelle for the win.

2 weeks ago '17        #48
O1as  385 heat pts385
space
space
$10,094 | Props total: 23484 23484
 SupremeBeing5 said
WHO cares which one was better.

Both good.

Thats like asking me who better, Lupe or Early Kendrick.
Lupe's better,dafuq you smoking? layoff the fentynal homie it got you typing stupid sh*t.

2 weeks ago '17        #49
SupremeBeing5  1 heat pts1
space
space
$2,012 | Props total: 5728 5728
 O1as said
Lupe's better,dafuq you smoking? layoff the fentynal homie it got you typing stupid sh*t.
Section 80, GKMC, TPAB are masterpieces.

Idk a Lupe Album better than Section 80 or Control System by Ab Soul.

I’m smoking fentanyl because that’s my opinion? No. Just my opinion.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #50
Espo_Nanza 
space
space
space
 Comicsnow said

You just have to go up and do it. Yah you'll suck. A lot, and have crickets cheering, but you'll find your voice. I frequent comedy clubs everywhere I go. I especially love the comedy store. I seen Chappelle there twice on a Tuesday at around midnight... just do it like Nike do

+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  51
Sep 21 - el chapo is being tortured in colorado super max prison
122 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  46
Image(s) inside First Look At Angelina Jolie As Thena On The Set Of THE ETERNALS
20 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  40
Video inside Nigerian scam master class leaked!!!!!
17 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Casanova & Uncle Murda Beef Brewing Over “So Brooklyn” Challenge?
62 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy