Little Brother Explains 9th Wonders Absence On New Album

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 days ago '04        #76
King Kusanagi  36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,285 | Props total: 4898 4898
Enlist Khrysis, E. Jones & Eric G. (Slept on producer) and they'll be unstoppable
+1   

7 days ago '18        #77
RubbahBandMane  31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,716 | Props total: 9280 9280
 Scienz of Life said
Wow havenít heard Add-2ís name in a while.

Was heavy on him around 2012.

I know he dropped a project like Ď14-Ď15. Whatís up with him nowadays he still making music?
I've been wondering the same. Last album I heard was Prey For The Poor in 2015. That joint was flamez
+1   

7 days ago '09        #78
Lupe Hunter  86 heat pts86
space
space
$16,683 | Props total: 11428 11428
Seems like Phonte was the real producer, him making the skits, sequence the tracks while 9th wonder was just making the beats while his feat one out the door. When The Minstrel Show was getting critical acclaimed but flopped number wise with Atlantic. 9th saw an opening and did his own thing.

While Phonte and Pooh said both of their beef were miscommunications, Phonte said when you see something it’s a glitch when you see again it’s a feature meaning if 9th is not in control, he’s not as involved he went from let’s do this until he found out he’s not in control And Phonte and Pooh not feeling his beats as much and wanted other producers on because a lot has changed since 9th left. Pooh And Phonte had enough when he wasn’t touring with them. Phonte was like you either all the way in or out. They talk it out and that is when they all maturely decides to let 9th go do his thing and continue as a duo. They made a great album without him

7 days ago '17        #79
Sucka Repellent  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$22,237 | Props total: 45679 45679
 BathWaterMelody said
that's a valid opinion, but at the same time.... plenty of other artists have either rapped or sung over 9th beats and slim to NONE of em have been better than when Tay & Pooh spit on those beats.

prove me wrong.

not Jay-Z.
not Skyzoo.
not MURS.
barely Erykah Badu.
barely Kendrick Lamar.
not even Rapsody and I got mad love for her.
big remo.
+2   

7 days ago '05        #80
THEINFAMOUS  21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,821 | Props total: 18875 18875
 Magic Johnson said
I'll never forget the time 9th wonder DM'd me his number because I replied to him and said "stick to making beats". I can't even remember the twitter discussion but it wasnt even that serious.

I respect 9th wonder as a producer so I took the call and he was cool and not angry like i a*sumed he would be, but that it felt strange that it went that far because of what I said on twitter.

What did he say to you

7 days ago '17        #81
space
space
jozeemo and kaze been told n*ggas about 9th. after all the dope n*ggas left(big remo, sean boog, add-2, etc.) I stopped listening. it's dead over there.

7 days ago '05        #82
Switchc2390  10 heat pts10
space
space
$19,380 | Props total: 6728 6728
It's crazy man that LB have been putting out these documentaries recently that have 9th on them. Thought they were cool but guess not. It's like there can never be a couple of them cool without the other one being left out.

Anyway, LB's new album is dope so I guess that's all that matters and 9th has been on some dope projects recently too.

7 days ago '17        #83
space
space
 King Kusanagi said
Enlist Khrysis, E. Jones & Eric G. (Slept on producer) and they'll be unstoppable
eric g is dope as fu*k.
+3   

7 days ago '05        #84
space
space
 Sucka Repellent said
big remo.
Man I fu*ked with Remo heavy

+2   

7 days ago '13        #85
ma chis mo  15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,982 | Props total: 3291 3291
 ChampD1012 said
But Phonte can take criticism...I told him why I didnít like Leftback and he understood the criticism...
What did you say and what was his response

7 days ago '17        #86
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said
Man I fu*ked with Remo heavy

used to be one of my favorites. 9th fu*ked him over too. I got some of his unreleased sh*t(hero sessions) that shoulda came out. sh*t would've been classic.
+1   

7 days ago '05        #87
space
space
 Sucka Repellent said
used to be one of my favorites. 9th fu*ked him over too. I got some of his unreleased sh*t(hero sessions) that shoulda came out. sh*t would've been classic.
Yeah I remember they posted it on here. Twitter rant I think.

Well Rap has been down with him for a minute. I guess if she up and leaves then itíll really be official
+1   

7 days ago '07        #88
I Am The Truth  2 heat pts2
space
space
$6,553 | Props total: 3573 3573
 Sucka Repellent said
jozeemo and kaze been told n*ggas about 9th. after all the dope n*ggas left(big remo, sean boog, add-2, etc.) I stopped listening. it's dead over there.
What did Kaze and Jozeemo say?... in my opinion, Kaze had arguably the best 9th Wonder produced album (that's not LB) with "Spirit of 94"

And damn... ain't heard the name Big Remo since "Baking Soda" on Dream Merchant 2

oh yeah... you got a link for that unreleased Big Remo material?
+1   

6 days ago '17        #89
space
space
 I Am The Truth said
What did Kaze and Jozeemo say?... in my opinion, Kaze had arguably the best 9th Wonder produced album (that's not LB) with "Spirit of 94"

And damn... ain't heard the name Big Remo since "Baking Soda" on Dream Merchant 2

no link for the unreleased sh*t....
+1   

6 days ago '17        #90
space
space
 I Am The Truth said

one of those joints nottz did that rapsody rapped over had ree's vocals on it originally called ''go to sleep''.
+1   

6 days ago '17        #91
space
space
 I Am The Truth said

he even got some unreleased sh*t with young guru(I only heard like 2 or 3 joints from the ep). n*gga's third album woulda been a classic if 9th had put it out.
+1   

6 days ago '17        #92
space
space
 I Am The Truth said

jozeemo had two videos going in on 9th and rapsody. I think they took them down.

6 days ago '07        #93
I Am The Truth  2 heat pts2
space
space
$6,553 | Props total: 3573 3573
 Sucka Repellent said

no link for the unreleased sh*t....
Good looks fam... won't lie I've met 9th after a Method Man & Redman show... but I knew Kaze personally from Chapel Hill. Kaze is a standup dude for reals.

I remember him talking to him when the LB / 9th beef first popped off after Minstrel Show... funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same.
+1   

6 days ago '17        #94
space
space
 I Am The Truth said
Good looks fam... won't lie I've met 9th after a Method Man & Redman show... but I knew Kaze personally from Chapel Hill. Kaze is a standup dude for reals.

I remember him talking to him when the LB / 9th beef first popped off after Minstrel Show... funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same.
that's dope.
+1   

5 days ago '04        #95
marcchrome  64 heat pts64
space
space
$15,218 | Props total: 7912 7912
 ChampD1012 said
But Phonte can take criticism...I told him why I didnít like Leftback and he understood the criticism...

When I say criticism and ego that's in regards
To 9th wonder... it's well known he does not like negative feed back of his beats. But anyways on both ends it comes down to ego.. seen it with tribe, outkast, wu..etc....

3 days ago '14        #96
ChampD1012  22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,393 | Props total: 1597 1597
 ma chis mo said
What did you say and what was his response
I told him that they both mailed it in...it had some joints on it...but it wasnít as cohesive as the previous albums...you can tell it was to get out of a record deal...

He said he understood and getting out of the record deal was the goal..
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+42online now  40
Video inside Da Baby getting in touch with his Nigerian roots
113 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside Is 2k for real with this one?
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+198online now  30
Colin Cowherd gets destroyed on Twitter
130 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  25
Ravens WR Marquise Brown was present when Antonio Brown allegedly raped Br..
37 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy