Little Brother Explains 9th Wonders Absence On New Album

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '04        #51
slimboyballer  38 heat pts38
space
space
space
$4,471 | Props total: 7134 7134
Sound like typical group Ego but Little Brother not the same without 9th wonder...That's why a lot of the feedback is fans being disappointed with no 9th wonder

1 week ago '04        #52
Adwerdz  463 heat pts463
space
space
$40,215 | Props total: 46212 46212
Phonte not fu*king with 9th and vice versa, sh*t petty

1 week ago '07        #53
dnycem  4 heat pts4
space
space
$12,428 | Props total: 2808 2808
I've been saying 9th fell off
+1   

1 week ago '04        #54
marcchrome  64 heat pts64
space
space
$15,218 | Props total: 7912 7912
 slummy said
Damn I keep hearing that 9th is narcissistic. It's a cpl ppl I heard say that about him

Not only that but he has a big ego music wise and does not know how to take criticism...its well known... on the flip side Phonte is dope but have heard many times that he is well is a control freak in the lab when getting albums done... over all him and 9th bump heads personally and creatively..... it's a ashame..
+3   

1 week ago '17        #55
DeadleeThreat  1 heat pts1
space
space
$502 | Props total: 818 818
Khrysis is just as good as 9th. fu*k 9th wonder album was dope as hell without his a*s. Id also recommend that jericho jackson which is Khrysis and Elzhi. sh*t was fire.
+1   

7 days ago '11        #56
QB Eagles  303 heat pts303
space
space
$16,908 | Props total: 13072 13072
 Sandyy said
9Th was the best part of little brother when i heard lovin it i didnt think about pooh or fu*king phonte.

I thought "god dammit what is this sample that genius 9th done done it again" but rap n*ggas always ungrateful so im not shocked phonte acting like this
Can't front, 9th's beats is what got me interested in Little Brother.
+4   

7 days ago '18        #57
CertainSoul 
space
space
space
$98 | Props total: 497 497
9Th wonder hasn't made a dent beat since the Minstrel Show, and he is good at his craft but there has been no progression in his style since Minstrel Show. Used to think he was one of the best but.., Tried to get into the other sh*t but naaaah....

Little Brother is just fine without him.

7 days ago '15        #58
JRob1125  3 heat pts3
space
space
$5,098 | Props total: 12166 12166
 BathWaterMelody said
I've worked wit 9th before.

I wouldn't say he's narcissistic per se, but you not gon tell 9th to his face that he's anything short of a legendary producer.

if you don't hold 9th in high regard, he might take it as disrespect.
That's pretty narcissistic
+2   

7 days ago '18        #59
RubbahBandMane  31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,721 | Props total: 9284 9284
 BathWaterMelody said

I wouldn't say he's narcissistic per se, but you not gon tell 9th to his face that he's anything short of a legendary producer.

That's narcissistic behavior
+1   

7 days ago '09        #60
Lupe Hunter  86 heat pts86
space
space
$16,683 | Props total: 11428 11428
 Sandyy said
9Th was the best part of little brother when i heard lovin it i didnt think about pooh or fu*king phonte.

I thought "god dammit what is this sample that genius 9th done done it again" but rap n*ggas always ungrateful so im not shocked phonte acting like this
Phonte and 9th were the best of little brother with Pooh playing his role, /The listening/Minstrel Show both of them showed out (9th and Phonte with Pooh improving) Phonte is an amazing lyricist & Singer with critically acclaimed rap and singing albums is apart a Grammy nominated singing group) Pooh manages Lute and close with Dreamville. Seems like 9th got a little c*ckiness producing for Hov and Beyoncé and try to flex And Phonte said fu*k outta here and 9th left. 9th might have a mainstream success producing and riding Rapsody hard.

But they are all good with And without each other
+1   

7 days ago '18        #61
RubbahBandMane  31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,721 | Props total: 9284 9284
 DeadleeThreat said
Khrysis is just as good as 9th. fu*k 9th wonder album was dope as hell without his a*s. Id also recommend that jericho jackson which is Khrysis and Elzhi. sh*t was fire.
Khrisis is fire. First heard of him on Add-2's albums
+1   

7 days ago '07        #62
MPC_Pase  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$595 | Props total: 1291 1291
 Sandyy said

You’re bugging

7 days ago '05        #63
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$9,338 | Props total: 9448 9448
 dnycem said
I've been saying 9th fell off
this track he recently produced...... was ill

he also dropped this new album with Murs.... which is dope too

Last edited by Emperor85; 09-10-2019 at 12:10 PM..
+2   

7 days ago '11        #64
QB Eagles  303 heat pts303
space
space
$16,908 | Props total: 13072 13072
There's 2 sides to a story. Men don't rush to judgement off the first claim.
+1   

7 days ago '16        #65
BathWaterMelody  61 heat pts61
space
space
$9,402 | Props total: 34255 34255
 Rugby Jones said
WoW , so now im more on Phonte side,
Why u need to be 12 deep at any given time..... 9th think he Jesus ?!? LoL

I been jumped B4, never by beat nerds tho
I'll take the a*s whipping B4 I EVER listen to that bullsh*t Nambla 1&2 again
it be random Jamla artists, friends and entourage together. they all family to him

1st time I met 9th was at a music video shoot for his R&B artist Tyler Woods. I was doing PA work and I also played an extra in the background.

- an unknown Rapsody was there.
- Play from Kid N Play was there.
- Camp Lo was there.

video came together great in the end, but not without a very intense standoff during the shoot.

long story short, our DP (director of photography) said somethin slick to 9th. I barely even remember what exactly he said, but I do know the tone sounded a lil too familiar

the DP was a Hispanic dude who wasn't very familiar with rap music, but he worked with us often doing other videos for unknown SoundCloud/WorldStar type artists in NC. our DP ain't know this guy has a song on Jay-Z's Black Album nahmean. a lil more famous than usual. the DP was giving sly talk instructions on set like 9th is some average basement dwellin Fruity Loop master who just scrapped up some street money for a video

things came to a boiling point where our DP was like "we can either do the video or NOT do the video". 9th's people shrugged it off like whatever.

"aight"
"alright then."
then our DP starts disassembling the lights like the shoot was over. "everybody go home." (ftr, he owned almost all of the lighting equipment)

9th was pissed, but Tyler Woods went THEE fu*k off!
he went 0 to 90 real quick. yelled all kinds of expletives and threatened and said basically you not gon disrespect us and if he goes back out to his car, he's coming back in with his ratchet!

you could tell by Tyler's elevated tone and demeanor switch that he was not playing in the slightest.

- R&B dude, yes.
- unknown underground, yes.
- bi*ch a*s nga, no.

sounded like a page out of Bobby Brown 101.

my boy the director had to de-escalate the situation immediately wit 9th's people while I de-escalated the DP on the other side. he was like "I don't give a fu*k who he is, he think everybody supposed to kiss his a*s, I'm not. I'll call my brother up RIGHT NOW wit the tool!"

I was like "you right, you right" (he wasn't right)
"but we only got this one last party scene, right? everybody's been here all day. you ain't gotta apologize, you ain't gotta kiss his a*s. let's just bite our tongue and knock out the video so all this footage ain't wasted. we only got this lil bit to finish."

eventually after about a 30 to 40 min cool down period, both sides agreed to amicably get the shoot finished. when we were done, we were done. 9th grabbed his turntables and his crew was out and with a quickness

this the final product of that story:

I'm in the video very briefly, kickin it wit a lady friend of mine on the background steps.

Last edited by BathWaterMelody; 09-10-2019 at 02:17 PM..
+11   

7 days ago '17        #66
Almighty HA 
space
space
$1,380 | Props total: 5968 5968
didn't skyzoo diss him recently and stopped working with him?

7 days ago '04        #67
BrBHZ  9 heat pts9
space
space
$17,195 | Props total: 4461 4461
Khrysis might low-key be better for them than 9th at this point. From the sounds of it Pooh and phonte have been exec producers since TMS anyway.

The good thing about all of this is that they arent angry/bitter. at least it doesnt seem that way. Very grown of everyone involved.

7 days ago '05        #68
kronzsw  59 heat pts59
space
space
$7,273 | Props total: 14092 14092
9th wonder is trash

good to see premium pete holding combat jack down
+4   

7 days ago '18        #69
Rugby Jones  8 heat pts8
space
space
$2,586 | Props total: 9777 9777
 BathWaterMelody said
it be random Jamla artists, friends and entourage together. they all family to him

1st time I met 9th was at a music video shoot for his R&B artist Tyler Woods. I was doing PA work and I also played an extra in the backDP ain't know this guy has a song on Jay-Z's Black Album nahmean. a lil more famous than usual. the DP was giving sly talk instructions on set like 9th is some average basement dwellin Fruity Loop

1st, Rap was pretty as fu*k when she was younger, like she had the city girls beat....just no cheeks

2nd, 9th gotta old black Abraham Lincoln a*s face.
+1   

7 days ago '04        #70
abstractq  6 heat pts6
space
space
space
$10,257 | Props total: 7450 7450
the LB dudes have all had beef with one another at some point

initially 9th was the problem because he wasnt ever touring with them n*ggas. I saw LB a bunch of time live when they were first breaking out through the minstrel show and 9th was never there. Thats why on get back 9th only did like one beat

The Pooh and phonte split, and when phonte was doing his early solo sh*t, he would work with 9th but not Pooh

Now pooh and phonte back together but 9th is back out

When it comes down to it, its hard to put either 9th or phonte above the other all time. 9th is one of the most influential underground producers since 2000. So many dudes ate of his style and from like 03 through 05 hit had so many dope tracks

Phonte is one of the all around most talented dudes to ever do hip hop. Hes got classics rapping and singing, with and without 9th

these days, 9th beats dont stand out like they used to and LB put out a fire album without him so it is what it is. . .
+6   

7 days ago '05        #71
Muggz  16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,909 | Props total: 10457 10457
After 9th got that black album look it was over. n*gga clout chasin
+2   

7 days ago '05        #72
Muggz  16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,909 | Props total: 10457 10457
 BathWaterMelody said
it be random Jamla artists, friends and entourag:

I was like "you right, you right" (he wasn't right)
"but we only got this one last party scene, right? everybody's been here all day. you ain't gotta apologize,
I am this dude as well with my rowdy dudes
+1   

7 days ago '14        #73
ChampD1012  22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,393 | Props total: 1597 1597
 marcchrome said
Not only that but he has a big ego music wise and does not know how to take criticism...its well known... on the flip side Phonte is dope but have heard many times that he is well is a control freak in the lab when getting albums done... over all him and 9th bump heads personally and creatively..... it's a ashame..

But Phonte can take criticism...I told him why I didn’t like Leftback and he understood the criticism...

7 days ago '17        #74
Scienz of Life 
space
space
space
$357 | Props total: 747 747
 RubbahBandMane said
Khrisis is fire. First heard of him on Add-2's albums

Wow haven’t heard Add-2’s name in a while.

Was heavy on him around 2012.

I know he dropped a project like ‘14-‘15. What’s up with him nowadays he still making music?
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  7 days ago '17        #75
Rule 336  141 heat pts141
space
space
$15,386 | Props total: 60141 60141
 BathWaterMelody said

Sounds like a narcissist to me.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+44online now  45
Video inside Da Baby getting in touch with his Nigerian roots
113 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  32
Image(s) inside Is 2k for real with this one?
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  27
Ravens WR Marquise Brown was present when Antonio Brown allegedly raped Br..
38 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+202online now  27
Colin Cowherd gets destroyed on Twitter
132 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy