Sep 9 - Let's All Just Chill About Processed Foods

most viewed right now
145 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '14        #26
samotion  15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,891 | Props total: 772 772
 quarter said
Where the hell he get that outfit at?? LMAO
They sell that on the wish app. Just search ramen hoodie.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #27
skillahmang  3 heat pts3
space
space
$29,279 | Props total: 25565 25565
 Bighempin of QM said
I don't know my friend! Who's funding this report?
/thread
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #28
bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$8,302 | Props total: 4077 4077
If your eating meat and drinking out of a plastic straw your part of the problem
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #29
Mr AirRic  11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,976 | Props total: 5552 5552
im so sick of these "are beyond/impossible burgers from fast-food restaurants actually better for you?" articles

1) no food from fast-food joints are "good for you"
2) beyond/impossible know that their stuff isnt as good as actual plant-based whole food. that wasn't their intention. their intention was to get more people off of eating so much meat but are addicted to fast food & burgers
3) all of these articles are so blatantly pushed by the meat industry because theyre getting scared of how popular this has gotten. instead of always being on the defensive, why dont you promote & market sustainable/non-cruel farming practices (the type you dont have to have maximum security to keep people from video-taping)
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #30
Wizzarino 
space
space
$16,519 | Props total: 5444 5444
I hate articles and topics like this.

If you didn't grow it, k*ll it, or cook it yourself, consider that sh*t processed.

No matter how "natural" or organic that sh*t is supposed to be, it had to go through some "process" before you bought it from the store.

Another reason why I hate these articles is because at the end of the day, people are gonna eat what they want to eat...

You may change somebody's mind for a week, but after that, they'll be right back to buying processed food...

Bottomline, eat what the fu*k you want, it won't make me sh*t, and vice versa...

2 weeks ago '18        #31
BernieDaGoat  67 heat pts67
space
space
$3,308 | Props total: 6605 6605
 AliHood said
Being a vegetarian is whats healthier...alternative meat on the other hand lacks those nutritional benefits. Most vegetarians just eat it, and not in large portions like you would traditional meat, when we need a meat fix per say. Not sure why ppl keep trying to push the agenda that a plant based diet is somehow unhealthier. Planted based meat is a marketing term that just means without real meat, doesn't mean its really majority made from plants. Dont fool y'all selves, plant based diets are definitely healthier than non. Remove this meat vs plants discussion because things are getting skewed to fit certain narratives and the comparisons are being misrepresented.
There is no proof that a plant-based diet is healthier than one that has moderate amounts of meat.
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #32
Mr AirRic  11 heat pts11
space
space
 BernieDaGoat said
There is no proof that a plant-based diet is healthier than one that has moderate amounts of meat.
there is actually quite a bit of research that says exactly that... especially when it comes to cardiovascular issues, heart disease, diabetes, etc
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #33
space
space
 Mr AirRic said
there is actually quite a bit of research that says exactly that... especially when it comes to cardiovascular issues, heart disease, diabetes, etc
No there actually isnít...

Look at the healthiest people in the world, with the longest lives... all moderate amounts of meat.

Letís see those unbiased studies and Iím not talking about switching someone from mass to plants. Letís look at healthy meats and a balanced diet.
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #34
Mr AirRic  11 heat pts11
space
space
 BernieDaGoat said

Look at the healthiest people in the world, with the longest lives... all moderate amounts of meat.
this isnt even remotely true. in fact there's an entire book (the blue zone) which discusses the areas in the world with the longest living people. most of those areas are predominantly vegetarian. the only blue zone in the US is Yorba Linda, and they dont even sell meat in their grocery stores there..

also, some of the oldest people in the world are vegetarians:

"The world's second oldest fully verified male titleholder in history, Christian Mortensen, who died in 1998 at 115 years and 252 days old, was vegetarian. The world's oldest ever man, Jiroemon Kimura, also credited a mostly vegetarian diet for his longevity, but he ate seafood."

BernieDaGoat said
Letís see those unbiased studies and Iím not talking about switching someone from mass to plants. Letís look at healthy meats and a balanced diet.
if you just google "vegetarian or vegan and heart disease" there are endless articles & studies.

here's one article from one of the most highly-esteemed hospitals in the world:

"A plant-based diet has many health benefits, including lowering the risk for heart disease, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes, and cancer. It can also help lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels, plus maintain weight and bone health."

Another study:

"Similarly, other researchers showed that compared with a control group, the plant-based diet group had a 73% decrease in coronary events and a 70% decrease in all-cause mortality.15 In 1998, a collaborative analysis using original data from 5 prospective studies was reviewed and showed that, compared with nonvegetarians, vegetarians had a 24% reduction in ischemic heart disease death rates."

There are resources and links to many other studies on that site that all say the same thing. its well-acknowledged, even by meat-eating nutritionists that plant-based diets are better for your heart
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #35
space
space
 Mr AirRic said
this isnt even remotely true. in fact there's an entire book (the blue zone) which discusses the areas in the world with the longest living people. most of those areas are predominantly vegetarian. the only blue zone in the US is Yorba Linda, and they dont even sell meat in their grocery stores there..
What are you talking about? Country with the longest life spans are Japan and Spain not many vegans there.

also, some of the oldest people in the world are vegetarians:

"The world's second oldest fully verified male titleholder in history, Christian Mortensen, who died in 1998 at 115 years and 252 days old, was vegetarian. The world's oldest ever man, Jiroemon Kimura, also credited a mostly vegetarian diet for his longevity, but he ate seafood."
Are you just trolling now? First you said the oldest people in the world then you post two dead dudes one who admittedly ate seafood . Using your logic all the oldest people in the world should be vegetarian. Also the oldest man to ever live wasn’t vegetarian he enjoyed a typical Japanese diet for most of his life.

if you just google "vegetarian or vegan and heart disease" there are endless articles & studies.
I’m not sure you know how studies work. Again show me one that shows switching to all plants from a healthy moderate balanced diet imported your life expectancy or overall health? You can’t. Telling me to google is stupid, you are the one who is suppose to prove it. Since there are countl we it should be easy.

here's one article from one of the most highly-esteemed hospitals in the world:

"A plant-based diet has many health benefits, including lowering the risk for heart disease, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes, and cancer. It can also help lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels, plus maintain weight and bone health."

This tells me nothing. This is akin to saying drink milk it will make your bones stronger!!

Another study:

"Similarly, other researchers showed that compared with a control group, the plant-based diet group had a 73% decrease in coronary events and a 70% decrease in all-cause mortality.15 In 1998, a collaborative analysis using original data from 5 prospective studies was reviewed and showed that, compared with nonvegetarians, vegetarians had a 24% reduction in ischemic heart disease death rates."

Again nothing. What was the control? What kind of meats were they eating? I don’t hunk you know how studies work man.

There are resources and links to many other studies on that site that all say the same thing. its well-acknowledged, even by meat-eating nutritionists that plant-based diets are better for your heart
Better then what? Eating crazy amounts of red meat? Sure. BEetter then eating moderate amounts of meat? Nope. There are no studies that show that and you have yet to produce anything.

Here’s a simple question for you, if it’s better for overall health why do all vegetarians need to supplement with iron/b vitamins?
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #36
poppapimple  6 heat pts6
space
space
$2,120 | Props total: 1240 1240
 RAZAH CUTS said
[B][SIZE="4"]
Most Popular
SECURITY
Unprecedented Cyberattack Hit US Power Utilities
BY BRIAN BARRETT
GEAR
How to Watch Apple’s 2019 iPhone Announcement
BY MICHAEL CALORE
SPONSOR CONTENT
The Journey of Quartz: From Clear Mineral to Majestic Countertop

CAESARSTONE
SECURITY
The Windows 10 Privacy Settings You Should Check Right Now
BY DAVID NIELD
ADVERTISEMENT

Last edited by poppapimple; 09-10-2019 at 12:48 AM..

2 weeks ago '19        #37
yosemite sam  2 heat pts2
space
space
$156 | Props total: 354 354
anti fast food bias

2 weeks ago '17        #38
Jay2Da 
space
space
$601 | Props total: 974 974
Not sure what worse real meat or vegan meat made from soy.
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #39
*-InfiniMatic-*  5 heat pts5
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 5647 5647
 old head said

That has soy in it too. Majority of processed foods contain soy.

2 weeks ago '19        #40
MMA  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$147 | Props total: 161 161
The Diet frenzy is just capitalism at work. I'm not mad either. Nutritional Science isn't a mystery in 2019. If you need to go on a strict new "breakthrough" diet that's cool. I just eat real food the majority of the time on autopilot and if I eat some fast food on occasion it's all good. Nutrition and fitness are both marathons.

You can do vegan/keto/paleo if you want but you can also maintain a healthy diet and be in shape with just basic understanding of nutritional science and the concept of moderation. It takes time though and if you are looking for a shortcut I get it. Portion control is basic but people have trouble with it.

It still all depends on what your goals are and your bodytype/genetics/activity level. Some places are Food deserts though and I wish that could change without rapid gentrification like what has happened in Oaktown.

Last edited by MMA; 09-10-2019 at 04:19 AM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #41
TeamBrinkz 
space
space
space
$936 | Props total: 942 942
you can eat pretty much any type of food, it's all about portion control and moderation. most of the process food negativity comes from people trying to sell products on the other side of the fence.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #42
LuxuriousGreen  4 heat pts4
space
space
$1,174 | Props total: 3186 3186
ďAnd three, if we expect to feed a growing population on a planet with finite arable land, we have to engineer new sources of food, protein in particular.Ē

Or teach people how to grow their own crops & start community gardens...I just started my garden, I have 4 fruit trees right now & Iím digging the plot for my plants that grown in the ground...

Next in going to have chickens. My city allows for 5 chickens...

But let society have a say & they will choose Burger King & KFC over their own harvest.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #43
Hakeem  2 heat pts2
space
space
$2,715 | Props total: 5082 5082
 Alpallday said
Im good. Ill stick to real plants and animals
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #44
kuul  26 heat pts26
space
space
$4,687 | Props total: 10048 10048
Stopped reading after you are you and i am me.
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #45
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,582 | Props total: 17928 17928
 Dedication101 said
Need a Netflix documentary on processed foods
Yeah. People definitely need to be educated. They had one documentary years ago "supersize me". It was good overall and informative but it didn't really break down fast/processed foods in a more technical and scientific way. People need to to know what these extra ingredients do to the body from a biological perspective. There needs to be a thorough breakdown. If they ever released a concrete doc like this on a huge mainstream platform, Id be shocked.

Upper level heads would probably try to write a check to keep it from being either produced or displayed lol.

Last edited by daman729; 09-10-2019 at 06:50 AM..

2 weeks ago '07        #46
sleep23rd  10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,649 | Props total: 5890 5890
 quarter said
Where the hell he get that outfit at?? LMAO
the Ramen outlet

2 weeks ago '04        #47
Wizzarino 
space
space
$16,519 | Props total: 5444 5444
 Mr AirRic said
As well as cholesterol...

2 weeks ago '11        #48
Illdoctor  6 heat pts6
space
space
$690 | Props total: 702 702
 Mr AirRic said
epidemiological studies cannot infer causality, it's all a big fraudulent magic trick.

same type of studies that supported decades of fat demonization at the expense of more sugary, artificial, processed foods causing/worsening a wide range of autoimmune and metabolic disorders all over the globe AND brainwashing multiple generations.

People who have contributed to these sickening lies deserve to be hung from trees for crimes against humanity.

both diehard vegans and hardheaded meateaters are ideological authoritarians
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #49
bkamagnum 
space
space
$1,574 | Props total: 1048 1048
why not just read and read the ingredients of food you buy? research them. if it contains bullsh*t, dont buy or dont consume too much. thats what it comes down to. and the biggest concern regarding processed food is processed meat. its bad for your heart.

2 weeks ago '04        #50
Mr AirRic  11 heat pts11
space
space
 BernieDaGoat said
What are you talking about? Country with the longest life spans are Japan and Spain not many vegans there.
what im talking about is exactly what i said. they did a study of the areas in the world where people live the longest ("blue zones"), and they were predominantly vegetarian

BernieDaGoat said
Iím not sure you know how studies work. Again show me one that shows switching to all plants from a healthy moderate balanced diet imported your life expectancy or overall health? You canít. Telling me to google is stupid, you are the one who is suppose to prove it. Since there are countl we it should be easy.
why should i have to prove when youre the only one denying it? like i said, even meat-eating nutritionists know how about the heart health benefits of eating plant based. youre just being stubborn now. and i told you to google it because there are a ton of studies that show it and i didnt want to waste my time linking to dozens of studies at midnight on a monday. youre just being lazy

BernieDaGoat said
This tells me nothing. This is akin to saying drink milk it will make your bones stronger!!
this is a top hospital in the world saying eating plant based has a ton of medical benefits, including heart health. even after all the lobbying that meat industries do to hospitals and medical groups, this really shows how much they believe it

BernieDaGoat said
Again nothing. What was the control? What kind of meats were they eating? I donít hunk you know how studies work man.
If you were capable of reading the study, it laid all of that out for you. But again, youre being stubborn and lazy. I'm not sure you know how studies work because you won't read them. cmon

BernieDaGoat said
Better then what? Eating crazy amounts of red meat? Sure. BEetter then eating moderate amounts of meat? Nope. There are no studies that show that and you have yet to produce anything.
I produced several articles & studies that prove just that, you just refuse to open your mind to facts. its ok to be wrong and change your mind man. im not telling you what to eat, just stating the facts that have been shown with scientific studies

BernieDaGoat said
Hereís a simple question for you, if itís better for overall health why do all vegetarians need to supplement with iron/b vitamins?
you dont need to supplement iron if youre eating the right vegetables. b12 is literally the ONLY vitamin vegans sometimes dont get enough of. and thats a simple 1 supplement/day and you get all the health benefits mentioned above. also this is a stupid argument since millions of meat eaters arent getting enough of certain vitamins either, and take daily supplements as well

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  45
Sep 21 - el chapo is being tortured in colorado super max prison
116 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  45
Image(s) inside First Look At Angelina Jolie As Thena On The Set Of THE ETERNALS
19 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+16online now  39
Video inside Nigerian scam master class leaked!!!!!
15 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Sep 21 - Joe Biden - Male convicts that identify as female will be hous..
47 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy