What's the purpose of powerlifting?

most viewed right now
93 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '10        #51
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,462 | Props total: 4462 4462
 WHATEVERMAN said
Agreed. The other thing that novices don't understand is that you develop faster when you train with weight that allows you to maintain correct posture and form through the motion. These things create better contractions and mitigate the potential for injury. There's a fine line between training your muscles and just hurting them. It's best to move up in weight naturally as the lower weights fail to produce adequate resistance.
That's key. I followed Ronnie Colemans "High reps, heavy weight" strategy and it works. Being able to control heavy weight for 6-8 reps forces your stabilizer muscles to work more, making them stronger, allowing you to lift heavier weight under more control, allowing you to push through max sets without fear that your muscles will give out and have a possible injury like the bench bar falling on your chest bruising it, possibly fracturing your sternum. Also negs should become more valuable, I would bench 315 for 8 reps, my negs would be slow, fluid and with great control. When guys who knew what they were doing would spot me they would always say "Great weight control" or "Nice negs" etc. I always benched with an open grip too which allowed my chest to give me more power instead of relying on my shoulders and arms to control the weight which uses energy and causes early fatigue. When I would go for 365-385 low rep max sets I had such control and I also worked my forearms for strength so I was never in doubt, bar never slipped so those little things do pay off. I used to scare the sh*t out of the gym staff and on lookers with that, part of the ego trip lol.

1 week ago '17        #52
The Gary Group  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
$4,620 | Props total: 26454 26454
 Heredia24d said
The purpose is to keep chiropractors in business.
Meant to prop

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+66online now  45
Itís messed up how true this is
33 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  31