Was that Chappelle opioid joke accurate though?

most viewed right now
48 comments @sports
most viewed right now
+24  126
147 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '11        #1
2374 page views
61 comments

QB Eagles  303 heat pts303
space
space
$16,923   Props total: 13081 13081
Was that Chappelle opioid joke accurate though?

First of all, it's just jokes and I understand.

But during the crack era didn't people willingly choose to use drugs? Whereas during this opioid crisis, people are getting hooked becuase their trusted doctor wrongfully prescribed addictive drugs. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

If I have my information wrong please correct me.

best
worst
61 comments

2 weeks ago '12        #2
johnnysnow  2 heat pts2
space
space
space
$6,280   Props total: 11785 11785
Wrongfully prescribes addictive drugs

Those junkies should of followed the directions on the label instead of popping a bunch of pills at the same time to get high

Fucc them
+53   

2 weeks ago '14        #3
worldwide202  5 heat pts5
space
space
$1,769   Props total: 8398 8398
OP is definitely white.
+67   

2 weeks ago '11        #4
QB Eagles  303 heat pts303 OP
space
space
$16,923   Props total: 13081 13081
 worldwide202 said
OP is definitely white.
I'm Black.

2 weeks ago '07        #5
r.burgundy  16 heat pts16
space
space
$42,200   Props total: 9744 9744
 QB Eagles said

But during the crack era didn't people willingly choose to use drugs? Whereas during this opioid crisis, people are getting hooked becuase their trusted doctor wrongfully prescribed addictive drugs. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Opioids generally refer to heroin in the context Chappelle was using
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
Juliette DaBlok  29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,854   Props total: 18789 18789
 QB Eagles said

The government literally distributed drugs to communities of color? Iran Contra

Are you fuking serious?

+43   

2 weeks ago '08        #7
tdnupe3  20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,793   Props total: 31642 31642
I wish ronnie would add a double slap button so that I could slap stupid sh*t like this twice................

Addiction comes in different forms, but in both these cases the drugs were pushed on to people. 1 was by the government, the other was by the pharma industry. 1 major difference being that crack affected black people VERY disproportionately.

Don't you EVER IN YOUR fu*kING LIFE ask that question in a room full of black people and not expect to, at the very least, get put the fu*k out of wherever you happen to be.

Last edited by tdnupe3; 09-09-2019 at 01:13 PM..
+49   

2 weeks ago '18        #8
Proffesor X  35 heat pts35
space
space
$5,360   Props total: 20346 20346
 QB Eagles said

Reagan was knowingly pushing drugs into black communities to fund the Contra's, the US government intentionally pushed crack into our neighborhoods knowing how addictive and destructive it was. And for that they told all those who were addicted tough sh*t and still sentenced them to prison time despite them being addicted

Opioid users are NOT victims, many come from well off backgrounds, the drugs were not pushed onto them and they are not being punished for being addicted.

If Obama had pushed drugs onto the white community he would have been impeached and disgraced as the worst POTUS in US history. But Reagan is still looked at as a hero by us US politicians.........go figure right.
+38   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
Marccoogs19  197 heat pts197
space
space
$11,130   Props total: 8714 8714
There is literally an entire series on TV right now about how the CIA put drugs in the black community to pay for the Contra war in South America.
+25   

2 weeks ago '12        #10
OldBusiness  187 heat pts187
space
space
$32,534   Props total: 65385 65385
 tdnupe3 said
I wish ronnie would add a double slap button so that I could slap stupid sh*t like this twice................

Addiction comes in different forms, but in both cases the drugs were pushed on to people. 1 was by the government, the other was by the pharma industry. 1 major difference being that crack affected black people in VERY disproportionately.

Don't you EVER IN YOUR fu*kING LIFE ask that question in a room full of black people and not expect to, at the very least, get put the fu*k out of wherever you happen to be.
Shut the thread down
+9   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$9,358   Props total: 9481 9481
watch this.....Ron Paul exposing the CIA and George Bush

CIA been exposed since the late 80s for pushing coke to fund illegal wars.......
+9   

2 weeks ago '07        #12
JamcnPrettyboy  110 heat pts110
space
space
$25,558   Props total: 14620 14620
Nope. Your lack of will power is your problem.

Had a wisdom tooth removed a couple weeks ago as well as had absess drained and was prescribed Vicodin. Only used 3 out of the 15 given to me. All them sh*ts did was slow me down and make me wanna sleep. After the 1st pill i had to break the other 2 in half just to maintain regularly. After that i just took Tylenol and dealt with the pain. Had too much sh*t to do.
+13   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '15        #13
chrishansen88  103 heat pts103
space
space
$8,492   Props total: 20766 20766
 Marccoogs19 said
There is literally an entire series on TV right now about how the CIA put drugs in the black community to pay for the Contra war in South America.
And itís fire just started the second season and I hope that white cia agent gets smoked

2 weeks ago '12        #14
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,588   Props total: 17962 17962
During the 80s, most of those people on crack were in poor neighborhoods. Typically black folks. People weren't standing around saying, "lets smoke crack for fun". Most of the people who smoked rock were depressed because of their living situations. They looked for a high to suppress their problems. And its a known fact that the government, law enforcement, etc had their hands in it.

I'm not downplaying the so called "opioid crisis" but they dont equate to the same thing. You have alot of people getting high on pills just for fun. Or because they see some rappers doing it. Yes you have people who unfairly got hooked on them without intentions. Not denying that. But collectively, it still doesn't compare. Its way too disproportionate.

Crack was a weapon that that intentionally targeted poor urban neighborhoods. Not to mention, the crack laws that put ton of people in prison. It was all a set up. The push for opioids has more to do with the pharmaceutical industry.
+11   

2 weeks ago '18        #15
David akaLegion  19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,886   Props total: 5397 5397
Just say no What’s so hard about that
+12   

2 weeks ago '14        #16
bigbellyman 
space
space
space
$761   Props total: 1090 1090
I was addicted to Percocet from 01- 14. I took between 20 to 30 a day. I never thought about using heroin. I know plenty people was popping them sh*ts too,and never did heroin. Stop blaming doctors cuz mf ain’t wanna stop getting high.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #17
consigliereA  106 heat pts106
space
space
$32,353   Props total: 41935 41935
The scary part..

OP is serious..

.-.
+5   

2 weeks ago '08        #18
tdnupe3  20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,793   Props total: 31642 31642
 bigbellyman said
I was addicted to Percocet from 01- 14. I took between 20 to 30 a day. I never thought about using heroin. I know plenty people was popping them sh*ts too,and never did heroin. Stop blaming doctors cuz mf ainít wanna stop getting high.
DAMN!!!

I've never been a fan of pain pills, so I couldn't even tell you if I've ever been perscribed percosets before. BUT, 20-30 a day is a bit excessive fam. That's A LOT of pills to swallow.

Glad you got straight. Can you give some background? Like, you may have never thought about heroine because you always had access to percs. I know it's different for everyone. I know a few folks that were doing like 20 a day (or so they say) for a short period of time, but definitely not for that long.

How were you EVER able to sh*t? That a big reason why I don't like pills. They stop me up. But, maybe that just me

Either way, glad you got straight. Keep it up.

+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #19
GravityEraser52 
space
space
$1,204   Props total: 6249 6249

+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #20
yolaboy  207 heat pts207
space
space
$6,556   Props total: 15406 15406
 QB Eagles said
Whereas during this opioid crisis, people are getting hooked becuase their trusted doctor wrongfully prescribed addictive drugs.
millions of people are prescribed opioids every year and never have a problem

what you're talking about is a part of the problem affecting suburban caucasians enough for the news to cover it, but the rest of the problem is clearly people willingly choosing to do drugs

the parallel between crack "epidemic" and the opioid "crisis" is an abundance of supply

crack was demonized because it couldn't be patented
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #21
Hellmatic  3 heat pts3
space
space
$23,015   Props total: 35518 35518
Dave been saying a lot of predictable sh*t. I like when Dave thought outside the box, we were discussing this opioid/crack correlation on bx and said the same thing basically
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #22
Hellmatic  3 heat pts3
space
space
$23,015   Props total: 35518 35518
 bigbellyman said
I was addicted to Percocet from 01- 14. I took between 20 to 30 a day. I never thought about using heroin. I know plenty people was popping them sh*ts too,and never did heroin. Stop blaming doctors cuz mf ainít wanna stop getting high.
The opioid "epidemic" consists or heroin and pills not just heroin
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #23
german1906  44 heat pts44
space
space
$649   Props total: 25 25
I know Bx trolls were gonna go in on OP. SMH. I'll trust that he's genuine about the question. I'll mirror what a few have said already. Crack cocaine was created by the CIA then pumped into black ghettos so that the government can fuel a war in Latin America with guns that were bought in Iran (creating plausible deniability for the U.S). The outcome of such a strategy was a whole generation being wiped out by the drug.... I'm not just talking death (although a lot of black people did die), I'm talking fathers being taken away to jail 20+ years for selling, mothers getting hooked and giving birth to crack babies, extreme poverty, HIV due to sharing needles...etc. While all of that was happening, you didn't hear anything besides lock these people up from white people. There was no sympathy. Now that all of these white people are overdosing and dying, these same white people (Senators, congressmen, Foxnews) are saying... " it's an epidemic", "we need to find a solution" "where are all these drugs coming from" ... in these statements, you don't hear any of them say "LOCK THEM UP" "these people are criminals" which is why Dave made the "joke."
+8   

2 weeks ago '18        #24
Oswaldgatesjr  30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$7,946   Props total: 18589 18589
OP loves eminem and post malone and think they're the greatest rappers of all time cuz of sales
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #25
KingBud  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$1,504   Props total: 3754 3754
F'n jokes ... lmao
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  33
Video inside Nigerian scam master class leaked!!!!!
29 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  28
Sep 21 - el chapo is being tortured in colorado super max prison
141 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside Damn not Jim Jones too