Authentic Italian chef loses his sh-t watching Americans cook

most viewed right now
97 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 weeks ago '05        #26
projectd06  3 heat pts3
space
space
$9,457 | Props total: 14415 14415
Make it how you make it who gives a fu*k
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #27
Sin  2273 heat pts2273
space
space
$33,944 | Props total: 106207 106207
None of them have American accents
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #28
SeraphKin  10 heat pts10
space
space
$10,335 | Props total: 44048 44048
 DavidTheMan said
LOL
Its funny to me, when you see folks get mad about something as subjective as food.
It's a passion for some. I'm no chef but take pride in my.cooking. I dont even let my girl in the kitchen when im.chefing up. You will not fu*k up my cook times with your booty.

But she happy when I drop that perfect medium rare ribeye on the plate.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #29
MemphisBleek  2 heat pts2
space
space
$1,049 | Props total: 2853 2853
 SeraphKin said
It's a passion for some. I'm no chef but take pride in my.cooking. .
They donít understand it breh.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #30
MacFrugal 
space
space
$526 | Props total: 2053 2053
lol they saw his reaction about the mushrooms and said fu*k it make em really mad
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #31
skillahmang  3 heat pts3
space
space
$29,269 | Props total: 25516 25516
Shout out to my Italianos.

2 weeks ago '15        #32
SeraphKin  10 heat pts10
space
space
$10,335 | Props total: 44048 44048
 DavidTheMan said
Why not? Vodka sauce typically has heavy cream and marinara
Which I dont believe is a true Italian sauce

2 weeks ago '12        #33
DahStoryTella  4 heat pts4
space
space
$1,476 | Props total: 922 922
I mean....

I am no in no position to criticize anyone's taste in food nor their cooking. I eat bland food like cold whole wheat rotini, black beans and tofu, sprinkled with a bit of pink Himalayan sea salt and nothing else.

43g protein per meal, though.

2 weeks ago '17        #34
DavidTheMan 
space
space
space
$463 | Props total: 752 752
 SeraphKin said
Which I dont believe is a true Italian sauce
There is no such thing as "true" anything, everything varies.
That said typically its italian-american, cuisine which is spread worldwide due to american influence, so the southern italians and all the different variations were combined in the US and mixed here for what they had.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #35
bangaondatrack 
space
space
$618 | Props total: 2287 2287
sh*ts crazy. . . Italians are serious about their food. They eat meatballs the size of fu*king softballs with a ton of pasta, then they will fu*k up some gelato too. They are like bottomless pits. Dude told me they have always been people who can eat their own body weight in food and never really gained weight. Now these mawfu*kas are getting fat now too thats how you know some serious sh*t happened with the way food is processed now compared to 10-15 years ago, and its not just in America that sh*t is starting to seep into other countries as well.

2 weeks ago '15        #36
satsuma  41 heat pts41
space
space
$2,456 | Props total: 3295 3295
 BradTheGreat said
Pretty much.

Or simply make the sh*t yourself.

I went to culinary school, and although my degree took me somewhere the fu*k else (insurance ), I find myself enjoying making my meals the way that I want.

But also, just going online and finding the right recipes to do so. Either the right recipes for a foundation and tweak it on your own or find one that you can literally take a few things away from it, and do a complete overhaul. One of the keys here is to find the right recipe with the right amounts and measures with clear instructions. I'm not saying a long novel, but something straight to the point and accurately written. That always helps, and if especially, for those that didn't go to culinary school, there are plenty of videos and especially from professional chefs (thanks to youtube or articles online) that can help.

People just too lazy to do the research.

your degree aint take you somewhere else, you just weren't dedicated enough.

2 weeks ago '16        #37
007imayeseekay 
space
space
$1,867 | Props total: 4739 4739
 DavidTheMan said
LOL
Its funny to me, when you see folks get mad about something as subjective as food.
Accurate...it's not that serious.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #38
RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$60,715 | Props total: 42830 42830
those are fu*king Brit's not Americans... OP is a fu*king idiot..
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #39
Broseph Stalin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
$6,863 | Props total: 20079 20079
 DahStoryTella said
I mean....

I am no in no position to criticize anyone's taste in food nor their cooking. I eat bland food like cold whole wheat rotini, black beans and tofu, sprinkled with a bit of pink Himalayan sea salt and nothing else.

43g protein per meal, though.
I know a cat who got locked up in Cambodia for having drugs. I think he said the everyday prison diet was exactly what u described
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #40
Breezee 
space
space
space
$49 | Props total: 87 87
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
This is a huuuuuge lie.
Oh I forgot hot dogs hamburgers and apple pie

2 weeks ago '18        #41
Dehone 
space
space
$4,619 | Props total: 15159 15159
Motherfu*ker was appalled

2 weeks ago '08        #42
DooM  67 heat pts67
space
space
$29,366 | Props total: 24122 24122
I don't fu*k with Italians for the time being since I'm on the keto diet.

One day we'll be cool again tho.

2 weeks ago '18        #43
BradTheGreat  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$2,132 | Props total: 4343 4343
 collegeboy58 said
Damn...why insurance and not the kitchen?
Don't get me wrong. I love cooking and cooking is my passion.

But cooking is a stressful job and, you don't make a lot of money.

You have to put a lot of of work, and I mean lots of work and take a lot of sh*t before you make any at all.

Thankfully for me, I went to Johnson and Wales. Although they have a great culinary program (one of the best in the country), they are also smart enough to lead you into a 4 year degree just in case this sh*t don't work and you need an actual job at an office.

That's how it happened for me. Once I realize that culinary wasn't going to be able to my bills the way that I want, I took into all kinds of internships with U.S. foods in their corporate offices, which lead me into insurance down the line as I was looking for a real job and it worked out well ever since.

2 weeks ago '18        #44
space
space
space
 satsuma said
your degree aint take you somewhere else, you just weren't dedicated enough.
You're a troll which means, your definition of "dedication" consist of wasting your time online and doing nothing with your life.

But I'll answer your statement: I had a 4 year degree program that not only consist of culinary studies, but business management that Johnson and Wales offered. I took advantage of their culinary internships and at that point, I knew the culinary aspect wasn't going to give me the money that I wanted, even though that's something that I like. Instead, I took other internships in the business side of the industry (U.S. Foods was a place I intern) and I leverage my degree into another field that now makes me even more money.

So, you're right: I didn't have the dedication to bust my a*s for 10 years and struggle through the process to get to where I want. Instead, I got it done 7 years earlier and even when I think about it, entry level into the insurance world, I really started 9 years earlier.

Remember, work smart not hard.

Last edited by BradTheGreat; 09-09-2019 at 07:03 AM..

2 weeks ago '15        #45
satsuma  41 heat pts41
space
space
 BradTheGreat said
You're a troll which means, your definition of "dedication" consist of wasting your time online and doing nothing with your life.

But I'll answer your statement: I had a 4 year degree program that not only consist of culinary studies, but business management that Johnson and Wales offered. I took advantage of their culinary internships and at that point, I knew the culinary aspect wasn't going to give me the money that I wanted, even though that's something that I like. Instead, I took other internships in the business side of the industry (U.S. Foods was a place I intern) and I leverage my degree into another field that now makes me even more money.

So, you're right: I didn't have the dedication to bust my a*s for 10 years and struggle through the process to get to where I want. Instead, I got it done 7 years earlier and even when I think about it, entry level into the insurance world, I really started 9 years earlier.

Remember, work smart not hard.

Your an old azz n8gga. DId all that typing to say I was right. That was harder, not smarter num nuts.

2 weeks ago '04        #46
collegeboy58  4 heat pts4
space
space
$11,103 | Props total: 7025 7025
 BradTheGreat said
Don't get me wrong. I love cooking and cooking is my passion.

But cooking is a stressful job and, you don't make a lot of money.

You have to put a lot of of work, and I mean lots of work and take a lot of sh*t before you make any at all.

Thankfully for me, I went to Johnson and Wales. Although they have a great culinary program (one of the best in the country), they are also smart enough to lead you into a 4 year degree just in case this sh*t don't work and you need an actual job at an office.

That's how it happened for me. Once I realize that culinary wasn't going to be able to my bills the way that I want, I took into all kinds of internships with U.S. foods in their corporate offices, which lead me into insurance down the line as I was looking for a real job and it worked out well ever since.
I know some grads of Johnson and Wales....one is a personal chef for a basketball player and another one owns a business. Big money cooking for fraternity houses. If I knew anything about food costs and cooking, I would jump into it. Little to no overhead.

Insurance is dope too. Residual income for life

2 weeks ago '18        #47
space
space
space
 collegeboy58 said
I know some grads of Johnson and Wales....one is a personal chef for a basketball player and another one owns a business. Big money cooking for fraternity houses. If I knew anything about food costs and cooking, I would jump into it. Little to no overhead.

Insurance is dope too. Residual income for life
Hell yeah.

I know some people from my class that are k*lling it as personal chefs or even owning their own restaurants or are in fact traveling the world cooking at Michelin star restaurants too.

But the way to get there is not only back breaking, but at first, it don't pay sh*t at all. Like you really and I mean REALLY have to love it to stick it out. And although I like it, I wasn't going to wait for it and especially, when I started venturing with my degree out there and I'm happy as hell I took my internships seriously, a whole world of opportunity open up with that degree as well. One thing I like about Johnson and Wales is that you aren't just a chef or a cook. Even the chefs there will say it to you: If you are ONLY looking at yourself as a cook or a chef, pack your sh*t up, because this is not the school for you. They truly drilled that sh*t in that there's more life to the culinary world, if you play your cards right (inside or outside of it), and lot of people that I know heard the words but never truly listen to the point of the message.

Today, I know me I went a whole different direction, but if I wanted to open up a restaurant, I know the ins and outs in how to do it (not just cooking, but front of the house and literally running the numbers). I could be a nutritionist. I know this girl that I was fu*king with, all she does is travel around the world selling and tasting wines ($80,000 a year to do that) and another has a blog.

I mean, the opportunities is endless, it just depends where you go.
+1   

1 week ago '18        #48
space
space
space
 satsuma said
Your an old azz n8gga. DId all that typing to say I was right. That was harder, not smarter num nuts.
How when I told you what I was going to do?

Damn!

You got one job, and you can't even do it right?

Well, thanks for letting us know why you continue to live in misery.

1 week ago '13        #49
J Thrilla  3 heat pts3
space
space
$5,733 | Props total: 17908 17908
 Stuart Scott said
n*gga thats the UK
UK n*ggas adds "whatever popular dish from any country" and chips.

One of the Laziest countries when it comes to their own food.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #50
satsuma  41 heat pts41
space
space
 BradTheGreat said
How when I told you what I was going to do?

Damn!

You got one job, and you can't even do it right?

Well, thanks for letting us know why you continue to live in misery.

You're too old to be on boxden. Your style is dated. Like I said, you weren't dedicated enough, no grind. One job what does that even mean? I can see why you couldn't hack it as a chef and you got an offer from a lower middle-tear school, you are just an average joe.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+66online now  39
Itís messed up how true this is
33 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  24
Image(s) inside This house in Seattle is $640,000
144 comments